PDA

View Full Version : My Mod wish-list......

neebelung
11-10-2008, 12:33 PM
Ok, so here's the canvas.....

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b247/neebelung/Nees%20R1/NeesR1007.jpg

Now what shall I do to her?

My initial list (in no particular order):

- Dark Smoke wind screen
- Frame Sliders
- Replace swingarm spools (black)
- Pazzo Shorty Levers (black with black adjuster, or black with gold adjuster)
- Cowl for rear seat
- Remove passenger pegs
- Carbon fiber triple tree cover
- Replace stock exhaust with Ceramic coated (with gutted Y pipe and race baffles)
- Stomp grips (sides of tank)

Any other suggestions?

marko138
11-10-2008, 12:35 PM
Stainless braided lines. And I'd leave the red spools.

Rider
11-10-2008, 12:36 PM
Flush mount turn signals
BMC air filter
Ditch the reflectors

Oh and the Pazzo's would look better in black on black.

dReWpY
11-10-2008, 12:36 PM
i know you know of r1-forums, they rock at this kinda thing...
personally new turn signals up front and HID lights on it
pc3 with a good map
520 conversion

dReWpY
11-10-2008, 12:37 PM
new tires

neebelung
11-10-2008, 12:40 PM
Stainless braided lines. And I'd leave the red spools.

Ok since I'm coming from a bike that wasn't mod-worthy, what's the advantage of the SS braided lines? (Chris wants to put slightly bigger spools on it for more protection, but I'm not adverse to the red if we can find em)

Flush mount turn signals
BMC air filter
Ditch the reflectors

Oh and the Pazzo's would look better in black on black.
Yeah flushies are on the list, I forgot.

*hmm* BMC... (Making notes)
:lol: Reflectors are already gone since that pic was taken yesterday.

pc3 with a good map
520 conversion

Yeah I need to get on the R1 Forums.

520 Conversion......? Por que?

new tires

:rofl:

marko138
11-10-2008, 12:41 PM
Less brake fade and better lever feel are the advantages to SS lines.

MikeSP1
11-10-2008, 01:25 PM
Ok since I'm coming from a bike that wasn't mod-worthy, what's the advantage of the SS braided lines? (Chris wants to put slightly bigger spools on it for more protection, but I'm not adverse to the red if we can find em)

Your stock brake lines are made out of rubber and when you apply pressure to the front brakes in order to stop, the rubber flexes. The steel braiding around the rubber brake lines prevents much of the flexing, thus allowing more "power" to the brake calipers and better feedback.

shmike
11-10-2008, 01:45 PM
Why stomp grips? For looks or protection?

If you want the looks, fine.

If you just want to protect the tank, check out the Tankslapper product. It is a clear vinyl that will protect the paint but is almost undetectable.

Stomp grips are overkill for street riding, imo.

The rest of the list looks good! :dthumb:

JoJoYZF
11-10-2008, 01:50 PM
Black rearsets or powdercoat the stock ones. Having those the only thing not black or red would look weird.

fnfalman
11-10-2008, 02:04 PM
Power Commander to go with exhaust & air filter.

BST carbon fiber rims...

PhiSig1071
11-10-2008, 02:19 PM
Ohlins Internals for the fork, a Penske Triple clicker shock.

:lol:

Just Kidding.

OK, for the spools, get Woodcraft. Same thing for the frame sliders. It's a subject that has been beat to death, they're the best on the market.

520 conversion, the stock chain is a 525 (might even be a 530), which refers to size, 520 is smaller, with less weight, thus less parasitic loss in power transfer, so better acceleration. If you go with aluminum sprockets it also hass slightly less unsprung weight, which helps with handling, although very minimally if you're just changing the sprockets. Really, it provides no cosmetic difference, unless you go with a nice gold chain. The conversion includes sprockets, front and rear, so you can change your gearing at the same time. In my opinion, the conversion isn't necessary and would be a waste of money (do you really need faster acceleration?), if you want, a gold chain would look pimp but you can just get a stock sized one and save yourself some money.

Pazzo's, definitely black on black.

A PC3 would be a good choice because with the right tune it would make the power curve much smoother and improve throttle response.

r!der
11-10-2008, 02:20 PM
That bike should be plenty fast in stock form. I would spend the money towards track schools/track days.
You'll then know exactly which mods to get.

Trip
11-10-2008, 02:33 PM
pc3 with a good map
520 conversion

I am going to ban you for suggesting a VS site

t-homo
11-10-2008, 03:02 PM
I am going to ban you for suggesting a VS site

Its the only R1 site ever made I think.

NeonspeedRT
11-10-2008, 03:06 PM
Its the only R1 site ever made I think.

Sadly, I agree. There have been a few other Yamaha forums that popped up as a result of VS taking over R1 forums. But there is no other specific R1 forum that has anywhere near the amount of info the R1 forms does.

neebelung
11-10-2008, 03:07 PM
Less brake fade and better lever feel are the advantages to SS lines.

Your stock brake lines are made out of rubber and when you apply pressure to the front brakes in order to stop, the rubber flexes. The steel braiding around the rubber brake lines prevents much of the flexing, thus allowing more "power" to the brake calipers and better feedback.

Ahhhhhh, thank you (both of you). Never something I would've even bothered with on the previous bike, but if there's an actual RIDING/performance advantage (and it's not just for looks) then it might be worth adding to the list.

neebelung
11-10-2008, 03:09 PM
That bike should be plenty fast in stock form. I would spend the money towards track schools/track days.
You'll then know exactly which mods to get.

Yeah I'm not so much looking for performance mods/more speed... more just cosmetic (and protection) stuff for now....

PiZdETS
11-10-2008, 03:13 PM
lightweight wheels, HID headlights and an alarm since I hear Fla is the bike jacking capital of America.
Why stomp grips? For looks or protection?

If you want the looks, fine.

If you just want to protect the tank, check out the Tankslapper product. It is a clear vinyl that will protect the paint but is almost undetectable.

Stomp grips are overkill for street riding, imo.

The rest of the list looks good! :dthumb:
Stompgrips are primarily for gripping the tank when cornering, they help in any situation not just on track. I've never heard of anyone putting them on for looks. :lol:
I really like the look of these, (http://www.cyclesector.com/product_p/techspec-grip%20pads.htm) thinking about getting them during winter.

anthonyk
11-10-2008, 07:20 PM
I dunno, my first mod suggestion is always suspension. It doesn't have the same visual bang for the buck, but it'll make riding the bike so much more enjoyable (depending how crappy the stock setup is).

I've always been partial to those R1s. Pazzos would spice it up nicely.

TommyHotWheel
11-10-2008, 09:57 PM
Angel eyes look nice on the Yamahas, plus you are...wat for it...wait for it...AN ANGEL!:whistle:

Ninjakel
11-10-2008, 09:57 PM
HID's

t-homo
11-10-2008, 10:16 PM
HIDs are badass. Talk to ebbs about where he got his.

neebelung
11-10-2008, 10:27 PM
Angel eyes look nice on the Yamahas, plus you are...wat for it...wait for it...AN ANGEL!:whistle:

Awwwwwwwwwwwww.......... :hug:

HID's

HIDs are badass. Talk to ebbs about where he got his.

We put silverstar bulbs in it tonight, which made a huge difference already, but yeah Chris did the HID conversion a while back and they're SOOOO freaking bright. So yeah, I s'pose I should add that to my wishlist, too.

Ninjakel
11-10-2008, 10:30 PM
Once I upgraded to HID's....so much better.

Particle Man
11-10-2008, 10:33 PM
A Suzuki

redflip

Ninjakel
11-10-2008, 10:35 PM
A Suzuki

redflip

I was gonna say it, but decided to be nice. For once in my life

neebelung
11-10-2008, 10:35 PM
A Suzuki