PDA

View Full Version : Track bike feeler

Rider
11-11-2008, 02:27 PM
I have a 2008 GSXR 750 that has been lowsided. Looking to see if someone wants to buy it from me before I let it go to the insurance company.

The bike is considered a total loss because the OEM exhaust, OEM platics and labor to fix it so so damn expensive. It will be a salvage title.

The only things it needs to be a great track bike.

Full set of plastics
Full exhaust system
Front rim
Rear sets

The frame, gas tank, sub frame, forks, motor, swing arm rear shock, triple tree, clip ons, rear rim, windscreen, seats, and tires are all still good.

The Pazzo front brake lever is ground a little on the top but doesn't affect the use. You can pick up a new Pazzo lever for $95 I think.

For street use you'd need 2 new mirrors, street plastics, and a left side passenger peg. The headlight and tail light are in good shape.

Make me an offer, I'd hate for this great bike go to waste.

I'm thinking somewhere around the $4K range.

dReWpY
11-11-2008, 02:28 PM
let me talk to nighthawk, he might be all over this

tommymac
11-12-2008, 08:02 AM
thats def a possibility, I need to try to sell mine as well.

Tom

Cutty72
11-13-2008, 05:15 AM
interested...

just curious, how many miles did you get on that thing?

Mr Lefty
11-13-2008, 06:13 AM
fuck... if I could get my god damn title I'd be intrested... but as it's gonna take until I get back in Anchorage... I think it's probably way outside your window...

Rider
11-13-2008, 07:56 AM
interested...

just curious, how many miles did you get on that thing?

2952 miles

ceo012384
11-15-2008, 10:24 PM
You better keep that fuckin thing as your own track bike, otherwise you're a trock.

No Worries
11-16-2008, 01:02 AM
Why make a track bike? Many of the track bikes I see on Craigs are where they "lost" the title and can't ride it on the street. If you still have the title, salvage or otherwise, why not fix it or make a street-fighter for yourself?

ceo012384
11-16-2008, 11:13 AM
Why make a track bike?
Because most of the parts that are damaged are the ones you would need to swap out to make a track bike anyways.

All the fairings are toast and the ins. company is going to pay you for them... that will pay for race plastics AND a nice paint job.

The wheel is toast and the ins. company is going to pay you for them... now you can buy a pair of marchesini's.

Same deal for the exhaust system and rearsets, need to be changed anyways...

etc etc etc...

DLIT
11-16-2008, 02:41 PM
Because most of the parts that are damaged are the ones you would need to swap out to make a track bike anyways.

All the fairings are toast and the ins. company is going to pay you for them... that will pay for race plastics AND a nice paint job.

The wheel is toast and the ins. company is going to pay you for them... now you can buy a pair of marchesini's.

etc etc etc...

Agree ten-fold.

r!der
11-16-2008, 03:14 PM
CEO has the right idea. If you track and I'm sure you do, this sounds like a good opp. to get all the track goodies you need. (not sure the ins. would pay for the marchesinis(:drool:) tho :idk:)

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Too bad you're too damn far away from me. Sounds like a good deal for someone.

Rider
11-17-2008, 08:51 AM
Still working with the ins. company. There is a $6000 difference in what they say is damaged versus what the shop says. The shop has no motivation to total the bike because they wont get a fucking dime off of it. The ins. company missed half of the parts that are bad on the estimate. Goes to show you, you just cant do estimates based off of pictures.

marko138
11-17-2008, 11:30 AM

etc etc etc...
Track riding isn't for everyone, as hard as that might be for you to believe.

ceo012384
11-17-2008, 01:11 PM
Track riding isn't for everyone, as hard as that might be for you to believe.
Never said it was. The point was that for someone who enjoys track riding, this is the perfect canvas.