PDA

View Full Version : Mma

OneSickPsycho
11-12-2008, 09:26 PM
Let's talk.

Corey
11-12-2008, 10:02 PM
Amir Sadollah is out of UFC 91 due to an infection in his leg. I know you mentioned wanting to see him fight in another thread, but it's off. Due to the late announcement, his opponent will not be rescheduled against another fighter and has been dropped from this card.

NONE_too_SOFT
11-12-2008, 10:03 PM
Ohhhh. mixxed martial arts.

not my cup of tea.

JoJoYZF
11-12-2008, 11:13 PM
Hoping to see Couture take out lesnar saturday night, but we'll see what happens.

Corey
11-12-2008, 11:19 PM
Hoping to see Couture take out lesnar saturday night, but we'll see what happens.

My only hope is that it's a good fight and that Lesnar doesn't use his size to smother Couture and turn it into 5 rounds of completely fucking boring lack of action. I think Lesnar has enough sense of showmanship to not sink to that level and to actually want to stop Couture in highlight reel fashion. And that's why I also think he'll end up losing. But it's gonna be a damn close fight if nobody gets that lucky shot in on the first minute of the fight.

PiZdETS
11-14-2008, 11:00 PM
Still waiting for Wandi and Crocop to get back in the game. As ever, waiting for Fedor's next fight.

Corey
11-14-2008, 11:11 PM
Still waiting for Wandi and Crocop to get back in the game. As ever, waiting for Fedor's next fight.

Wanderlei is fighting Rampage in December. I think that'll be a really good fight. Even though Wanderlei lost to Liddell in a kind of lackluster fashion, he destroyed Jardine and showed a spark of the menace that he is. As long as Rampage isn't still hung up on the legal stuff still, it'll be a nice slugfest. Cro Cop has been fighting in Dream and claims that he'll be back in UFC. He's been winning, but the caliber of fighter has been lower, and he's been dealing with injury too. Unless he shows some reflection of past skills in his next two or three fights, or he takes a lower paying salary, he may not be back in UFC any time soon. I'm starting to get the feeling that Affliction will be out of business either shortly before or shortly after the Fedor event.

OneSickPsycho
11-15-2008, 09:27 AM
Amir Sadollah is out of UFC 91 due to an infection in his leg. I know you mentioned wanting to see him fight in another thread, but it's off. Due to the late announcement, his opponent will not be rescheduled against another fighter and has been dropped from this card.

FUCK! That sucks!

My only hope is that it's a good fight and that Lesnar doesn't use his size to smother Couture and turn it into 5 rounds of completely fucking boring lack of action. I think Lesnar has enough sense of showmanship to not sink to that level and to actually want to stop Couture in highlight reel fashion. And that's why I also think he'll end up losing. But it's gonna be a damn close fight if nobody gets that lucky shot in on the first minute of the fight.

I could see it go either way...

Johnny Rico
11-15-2008, 09:33 PM
Live online stream of the Couture fight.

http://www.justin.tv/ajooba421

Thank me later.

PiZdETS
11-15-2008, 10:03 PM
Live online stream of the Couture fight.

http://www.justin.tv/ajooba421

Thank me later.
Thanks now! Waiting for it to start...

Johnny Rico
11-16-2008, 12:14 AM
Well damn! That Couture/Lesnar fight ended with a shot out of nowhere! When you have fists the size of a cinder block, you only have to land one punch to make all the difference.

PiZdETS
11-16-2008, 12:18 AM
That was nuts. Couture will be back.

Mr Lefty
11-16-2008, 01:17 AM
good fight... fuck'n Lesner is HUGE... this is the first time I've seen him... kinda been out of it for a while...

seems like a humble dude though.

Ninjakel
11-16-2008, 01:19 AM
Couture was a gracious loser tonight. Still sad to see it happen though.

I hope he comes back though

Mr Lefty
11-16-2008, 01:21 AM
Couture was a gracious loser tonight. Still sad to see it happen though.

I hope he comes back though

dudes a class act! I met him while I was in the desert. lost the photo I had with him damn it!...

but I'm 6'3... standing next to him... holding up fists... so I've got about 4" or so on him... and his fist is equal to 1 1/2 of mine... fuck'n huge... I don't even wanna imagine what Lesnar is throw'n around :panic:

JARVIS518
11-16-2008, 01:37 AM
"jesus didnt tap"
:rofl:

Ninjakel
11-16-2008, 01:41 AM
:lol: :lol:

Porkchop
11-16-2008, 02:04 AM
What a great night of fighting!!! :rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

2 arm bars, a rear naked choke, and 2 TKO's

I dont think i can ever remember a time when not one fight on the card went to decision. But im glad... decision is a gay way to win IMO.... Its the easy way out!

And who'd of thunk that Lesner would keep up with Coture... let alone jackhammer his face into a pulp...

OneSickPsycho
11-16-2008, 02:32 AM
I was glad to see Matt Brown win... I liked him on The Ultimate Fighter...

Some pretty good fights tonight...

I liked seeing K Flo win... Pretty impressive performance, but I'm still not convinced he's ready for Penn...

I thought that Hazelett/McCrory fight was pretty impressive... That armbar was NASTY looking... Like so many of the night, I wish it would have gone another round...

Gonzaga was impressive...

However, I think two of the best fights almost didn't get shown...

Riley/Gurgel... Awesome bangin'... Some really solid shots landed by each of them... I thought Gurgel was done after that one head kick, but he's a tough SOB...

Stephens/dos Anjos... Excellent KO... Uppercut like a champion... Stephens' celebritory bullrush into the fence was cash money...

Bocek/Robinson... Who the fuck are these guys? Who the fuck cares?! That's some impressive groundwork... FINALLY caught that RNC...

Lesnar/Couture... Sorta what I expected... They were calling Lesnar as fatigued really early... I couldn't really see it for sure, but he was huffing a bit... Either way that guy's a fucking manimal... When he was mounting Couture it looked like me mounting an infant... I thought when Couture cut Lesnar's eye it was over... It looked like Lesnar was in a panic for a minute, but he calmed down pretty quickly... Then the hamhock over the top lands behind the ear... GOODBYE! You see the strikes that won the match and on the TV it doesn't look that bad... then 10 minutes later they show Couture in the back with his face all banged up and a loose tooth...

Fuck all this shit... I want Lesnar/Fedor. Let's see what Lesnar really has.

Mr Lefty
11-16-2008, 05:51 AM
dude... Stephenson looked like fuck'n Randy Johnson setting up for that uppercut! :lol: had he been Lesnar fuck'n dos Anjos would be orbiting Mars right about now... with his head around Saturn. :jd:

Corey
11-16-2008, 09:45 AM
Missed to fights because of work, but I followed the updates on my phone. Without seeing any of them, the only thing I can really comment on is that it's good to hear that Lesnar can take a punch. There was an awful lot of talk that he probably had no chin and any punch to the face would throw him completely off his game. Seems that's not the case.

Hopefully Mir beats Nogs for the Lesnar/Mir rematch, but I think Noguiera is the superior fighter.

Corey
11-16-2008, 09:59 AM
I liked seeing K Flo win... Pretty impressive performance, but I'm still not convinced he's ready for Penn...

I agree 100%. Florian is a very skilled fighter and has an assload of talent, but he's just not on the same level as BJ Penn. Now that Penn trains his ass off instead of training just hard enough to where he thinks he'll win, he's become a fucking animal. His submissions are top notch, his ground game is incredible, and as he proved against Sherk, he's got strong stand up. K Flo just doesn't have the complete skills necessary to beat Penn. I don't even think he beats Sherk, who's built like a mini tank.

With Penn fighting GSP in January, it may not be until April at the earliest before K Flo gets his shot at Penn, so I hope to god he kicks his training into overdrive.

Johnny Rico
11-16-2008, 11:23 AM
Missed to fights because of work, but I followed the updates on my phone. Without seeing any of them, the only thing I can really comment on is that it's good to hear that Lesnar can take a punch. There was an awful lot of talk that he probably had no chin and any punch to the face would throw him completely off his game. Seems that's not the case.

Hopefully Mir beats Nogs for the Lesnar/Mir rematch, but I think Noguiera is the superior fighter.

The fights are uploaded on www.mmahacks.com

OneSickPsycho
11-16-2008, 12:17 PM

Yeah, he got cut under his eye and kept wiping it... I looked at my buddy and we both were like, "uh-oh, he's getting freaked out"... he pulled it together and dropped the thunder on Couture's cranium...

OneSickPsycho
11-16-2008, 12:22 PM
Watchin' Lesnar/Couture again...

Johnny Rico
11-16-2008, 01:27 PM
Yeah, he got cut under his eye and kept wiping it... I looked at my buddy and we both were like, "uh-oh, he's getting freaked out"... he pulled it together and dropped the thunder on Couture's cranium...

I noticed that. It was not a serious cut as far as screwing with his vision or anything, but it was bothering him. In between the 1st and 2nd round he had looked a little overwhelmed to me and when he started dabbing at that cut, I thought he would start to lose some resolve. Gotta admire how he pulled himself together and pulled it out.

I think that Lesnar is going to be a much better fighter his next time out. He has been through a rough fight, had a serious gut check and will have the confidence that he can get through anything. Couture may have created a monster by running him through the fire.

SteveP
11-16-2008, 01:57 PM
Great night for fighting!

I agree that it was one of the better UFC's with no decisions. Shame to see Couture go out like that, but that guy was a freakin ogre. :panic:

PiZdETS
11-16-2008, 02:39 PM
I wanted to see the two pregnant girlfriends of the fighters have a match.
And I wanted to see 50 cent get the shit beat out of him by every fighter present in the arena.

OneSickPsycho
11-16-2008, 03:59 PM
I noticed that. It was not a serious cut as far as screwing with his vision or anything, but it was bothering him. In between the 1st and 2nd round he had looked a little overwhelmed to me and when he started dabbing at that cut, I thought he would start to lose some resolve. Gotta admire how he pulled himself together and pulled it out.

I think that Lesnar is going to be a much better fighter his next time out. He has been through a rough fight, had a serious gut check and will have the confidence that he can get through anything. Couture may have created a monster by running him through the fire.

I wouldn't exactly say he ran him through the fire... He challenged him more than any other fighter has, but we've yet to see Lesnar hurt... a small cut threw him... I wonder what would happen if someone was able to scramble his brain for a few seconds with a real big hit...

One thing is for sure... the balls to the walls Lesnar that got caught by Mir is no more... That, makes for some very interesting fighting...

The biggest issue I see now is the lack of diversity in the heavyweight division... I mean there's only a few really good guys, and handful of pretty good guys, and a population of so-so's...

I wanted to see the two pregnant girlfriends of the fighters have a match.
And I wanted to see 50 cent get the shit beat out of him by every fighter present in the arena.

I REALLY wanted to see 50 get his ass kicked... I always do.

Johnny Rico
11-16-2008, 04:05 PM
I wonder what would happen if someone was able to scramble his brain for a few seconds with a real big hit...

We saw what happened to Kimbo Slice when he walked into one. The guy folded up like a Mexican lawn chair.

OneSickPsycho
11-16-2008, 04:10 PM
We saw what happened to Kimbo Slice when he walked into one. The guy folded up like a Mexican lawn chair.

Comparing Kimbo to Lesnar is like comparing Vietnam to Iraq... There really is no comparison to anyone with a brain.

Johnny Rico
11-16-2008, 04:23 PM
Comparing Kimbo to Lesnar is like comparing Vietnam to Iraq... There really is no comparison to anyone with a brain.

There really isn't. I always had high hopes for Lesnar. Lesnar may have been new to UFC, but he was not new to combat sports and actually took it serious from when he wrestled in high school and college.

Kimbo on the other hand was a circus sideshow attraction who built a reputation fighting guys in parking lots and backyards that would never have been allowed into a real ring to fight even the worst UFC fighter. Hell, I have no doubt that even I could have kicked some of those out of shape asses.

I could see big deficiencies in Kimbo's style from the first moment he stepped into the octagon. What happened with him with Seth was exactly what I had envisioned happing to him. The guy fought with his hands up four inches away from the sides of his face and his chin hanging way out there. I knew that sooner or later he was going to walk into one and fold quicker than a chinaman doing laundry.

OneSickPsycho
11-16-2008, 04:29 PM
There really isn't. I always had high hopes for Lesnar. Lesnar may have been new to UFC, but he was not new to combat sports and actually took it serious from when he wrestled in high school and college.

Kimbo on the other hand was a circus sideshow attraction who built a reputation fighting guys in parking lots and backyards that would never have been allowed into a real ring to fight even the worst UFC fighter. Hell, I have no doubt that even I could have kicked some of those out of shape asses.

I could see big deficiencies in Kimbo's style from the first moment he stepped into the octagon. What happened with him with Seth was exactly what I had envisioned happing to him. The guy fought with his hands up four inches away from the sides of his face and his chin hanging way out there. I knew that sooner or later he was going to walk into one and fold quicker than a chinaman doing laundry.

I fully concur, but I felt the need to respond to see if you had any more folding metaphors for KO's...

Corey
11-16-2008, 04:38 PM
I fully concur, but I felt the need to respond to see if you had any more folding metaphors for KO's...

He folded like an origami swan. He folded like a 2-7 offsuit on the opening hand. He folded like a dollar bill in a strippers crotch.

Johnny Rico
11-16-2008, 04:50 PM
He folded like an origami swan. He folded like a 2-7 offsuit on the opening hand. He folded like a dollar bill in a strippers crotch.

Folded like double jointed hooker.

Corey
11-16-2008, 04:56 PM
Folded like a a polypeptide folds into its characteristic and functional three-dimensional structure.

Word.

OneSickPsycho
11-16-2008, 05:19 PM
Folded like a a polypeptide folds into its characteristic and functional three-dimensional structure.

Word.

Folded like a science nerd into a school locker.

Corey
11-16-2008, 05:22 PM
:lol: :lol:

Carolina
11-16-2008, 05:23 PM
Folded like a science nerd into a school locker.
praying to alah
http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo15/sylar_helix/kimbo.jpg

Corey
11-16-2008, 05:26 PM
http://www.mannpill.com/images/stories/content/images/bb/quickfix/kimbo_slice.jpg

Antwanny
11-20-2008, 01:45 AM
What i wanna see is Fedor Emelinenko fight in UFC hes a beast of a heavyweight and havent heard shit about him in a while.
________
PLYMOUTH SUNDANCE (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Plymouth_Sundance)
________
THE GIRLS NEXT DOOR DICUSSION (http://www.tv-gossip.com/girls-next-door/)

Corey
11-20-2008, 01:52 AM
What i wanna see is Fedor Emelinenko fight in UFC hes a beast of a heavyweight and havent heard shit about him in a while.

He probably never will fight in UFC. He wants the ability to fight where he wants to fight. He takes part in Sambo tournaments and all that other kinda shit, and in a UFC contract he would be exclusive to the company.

He fought Tim Sylvia and won earlier this year, and recently lost in a Sambo competition. He's supposed to fight Arlovski in January, as long as Affliction remains in business and doesn't postpone the fight again.

Antwanny
11-20-2008, 01:53 AM
that will be an awesome fight
________
EASY VAPE VAPORIZER (http://vaporizers.net/easy-vape)
________
Michigan Marijuana Dispensaries (http://michigan.dispensaries.org/)

Corey
12-10-2008, 05:26 PM
Anybody watching UFC Fight Night tonight? There aren't any huge names on the cards, but there are some entertaining fighters. And it's free on Spike.

speedylocksmith
12-10-2008, 05:27 PM
Anybody watching UFC Fight Night tonight? There aren't any huge names on the cards, but there are some entertaining fighters. And it's free on Spike.TIVO and watch it when i get home

OneSickPsycho
12-10-2008, 07:29 PM
Didn't even know it was on....

speedylocksmith
12-10-2008, 07:30 PM
Didn't even know it was on....
its on from 10 till midnight EST

OneSickPsycho
12-10-2008, 07:51 PM

I'm off to the bar!

Corey
12-10-2008, 08:12 PM

Thought it was 9pm.

speedylocksmith
12-10-2008, 09:01 PM
Thought it was 9pm.
oops, it's 9 :lmao:

speedylocksmith
12-10-2008, 10:37 PM
anyone else just watch that arm snap? That was fucking nasty :panic:

Corey
12-10-2008, 11:46 PM

Good set of fights tonight. Cantwell popping that dudes elbow was nasty. Funny as hell watching him and Rogan watch the replay. Easily submission of the night unless one of the undercards went to submission and was better, though I doubt it.

Swick finally looks like the Mike Swick of days past. Maybe he'll get his shit together now and contend again.

The dick kicking guy did a hell of a job with the knees. It was just fucking brutal. That one may get fight of the night.

Koscheck fucked the japanese guy up. The knockout was fuckin brutal. He'll easily get the Knockout of the Night bonus.

speedylocksmith
12-10-2008, 11:49 PM
The dick kicking guy did a hell of a job with the knees. It was just fucking brutal. That one may get fight of the night.
those knees were awesome!! Did you see the size of the knot on the guys head after the fight? Almost his whole forehead was swollen

Corey
12-10-2008, 11:58 PM
those knees were awesome!! Did you see the size of the knot on the guys head after the fight? Almost his whole forehead was swollen

Hell yeah! Guy had half a basketball growing out of his forehead. He got wrecked.

buzzcutt2
12-11-2008, 12:01 AM
Some pretty good shit tonight. Snapping arm...knees...ko

Flexin
12-12-2008, 10:07 AM
Good set of fights tonight. Cantwell popping that dudes elbow was nasty. Funny as hell watching him and Rogan watch the replay. Easily submission of the night unless one of the undercards went to submission and was better, though I doubt it.

Swick finally looks like the Mike Swick of days past. Maybe he'll get his shit together now and contend again.

Koscheck fucked the japanese guy up. The knockout was fuckin brutal. He'll easily get the Knockout of the Night bonus.

Koscheck's KO was crazy.

James

z06boy
12-12-2008, 10:18 AM

That's the only one I did see !! I have the whole 3 hours recorded on my dvr but haven't watched the rest yet.

Antwanny
12-12-2008, 05:06 PM
Koscheck's KO was crazy.

James

agreed is was pretty nuts
________
CHRYSLER NASSAU HISTORY (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Chrysler_Nassau)
________
SHIP SALE (http://ship-sale.com/)

OneSickPsycho
12-13-2008, 12:01 AM
Awesome night of fighting...

Corey
12-13-2008, 03:29 AM
I hope the fights this saturday are as good. I'm going to have to DVR the shit cuz I'm fucking working.