PDA

View Full Version : Overnight peoples (aka. Who's up?)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Adeptus_Minor
11-13-2008, 03:22 AM
Ok, fine, I'll start it.
I'm almost always up overnight.
Damn 3rd shift no-life-having job. :P

Dragonpaco
11-13-2008, 03:25 AM
Sticky this thread por favor.

and minor; did you buy your damn shootin iron yet?

Adeptus_Minor
11-13-2008, 03:25 AM
to answer Paco, nope.. haven't bought the pistola yet.
I ended up picking up another rifle off my antique battle rifles collection list.
That blew my budget for another check or so. :zowned:

Corey
11-13-2008, 03:26 AM
Sweet, another third shift fucker here.

Adeptus_Minor
11-13-2008, 03:28 AM
Where've you been, bud? I've been working nights for almost 2 years now (and rotated nights & days before that)

Corey
11-13-2008, 03:29 AM
Where've you been, bud? I've been working nights for almost 2 years now (and rotated nights & days before that)

Must have missed that. I'm only 6 months into the third shift shit, though it's my third job that's got me on these hours.

Adeptus_Minor
11-13-2008, 03:32 AM
You'll either learn to love it or hate it.
I do both, depending on what we're talking about.
It's nice not having to deal with high call volume and day shift politics, but it has totally destroyed any semblance of a social life that I might have had.
Ask Zoomie... they almost never see me anymore.

Corey
11-13-2008, 03:36 AM
You'll either learn to love it or hate it.
I do both, depending on what we're talking about.
It's nice not having to deal with high call volume and day shift politics, but it has totally destroyed any semblance of a social life that I might have had.
Ask Zoomie... they almost never see me anymore.

I know how that goes, but my schedule is a little more relaxed. three days on, four days off. It's deal withable. And not having to deal with bosses and other shit ticklers who think they have power is another plus.

rogue
11-13-2008, 03:40 AM
My job has made new shifts. Now I'm working 9p-5a. It's a weird shift but I like it better than the shift I was working (11:30p-8a). Now I can get home before daylight & be asleep before the sun rises. Plus it gives me a chance to take a nap before going riding after work. :D

Shift
11-13-2008, 03:48 AM
It fucking blows. At first it seemed cool, then alright, now it just fucking sucks. Even though its the same amount of time it just fucks with your mind. I meen get off at 7. Go to sleep. And go back in at 10 that night, I'm like WTF i was just at work this morning. I hate my job. :panic:

Adeptus_Minor
11-13-2008, 03:51 AM
That's one way to look at it, yeah.
11pm-7am here... 30-45 minutes commute at night, 45-1hr+ commute in the morning.
That's the worst part, I think.

Corey
11-13-2008, 03:56 AM
7p - 7a. Half hour drive each way. Wake up at 5 so I can get some breakfast/dinner, take a shower, get ready for work, out the door at about 6:20 just in case traffic sucks (it does half the time), work, half hour drive home, sleep, wake up an do it again. Repeat every fucking Friday, Saturday, and Sunday because I'm per diem, so I have almost no say in scheduling, I'm the last one hired, so I have almost no say in scheduling, and the lazy pieces of shit I work with are good friends with the boss, so I have almost no say in scheduling.

Adeptus_Minor
11-13-2008, 04:14 AM
Speaking of which, it's lunchtime.
Hooray for Boston Market frozen dinners.

rogue
11-13-2008, 04:15 AM
I recently moved closer to work. Now it only takes me 5 minutes to get to work. It's almost not worth gearing up for, but at least I won't get near as cold commuting...I'm not racing down an interstate doing 90mph is 30ish degree weather. :lol:

Corey
11-13-2008, 04:24 AM
This place really comes to a slow crawl at night. Where's the rest of the night crew? I'd hate to have to go back to video games.

Ok, I wouldn't hate it at all. :D

Adeptus_Minor
11-13-2008, 04:26 AM
Dude... Fallout 3...
Just sayin' :whistle:

Corey
11-13-2008, 04:27 AM
Just picked up Call of Duty: World at War yesterday and still need to finish Resistance 2. New games are on hold until I wear those down.

Shift
11-13-2008, 04:29 AM
Dude... Fallout 3...
Just sayin' :whistle:

Boooo. Cod4. i is on now.

Adeptus_Minor
11-13-2008, 04:31 AM
Resistance 2 looks like fun... love the commercials.

I've been playing Fallout 3 in lieu of my normal MMO games.
Starting to think I'm going to drop WoW and Anarchy Online (which I just re-upped to check out after a few years away)
I'm just not enjoying them anymore.
Fallout 3 is a blast, and I'm looking forward to Diablo III as well.

Corey
11-13-2008, 04:34 AM
Resistance 2 looks like fun... love the commercials.

I've been playing Fallout 3 in lieu of my normal MMO games.
Starting to think I'm going to drop WoW and Anarchy Online (which I just re-upped to check out after a few years away)
I'm just not enjoying them anymore.
Fallout 3 is a blast, and I'm looking forward to Diablo III as well.

I think there's something wrong with me. I've been bored to death by Resistance 2. I've been trying to just trudge through it and hope it gets better, but so far it hasn't. I haven't played the online part of it yet, so I'm not writing it off entirely, but so far it barely holds my attention.

Adeptus_Minor
11-13-2008, 04:41 AM
Nothing wrong with that :idk:
About like my problem with MMOs... a lot of them are just to similar to other games we've played and they just get dull.

Corey
11-13-2008, 04:44 AM
Nothing wrong with that :idk:
About like my problem with MMOs... a lot of them are just to similar to other games we've played and they just get dull.

I will solve your problem with three letters and one word:

PSP, Patapon

rogue
11-13-2008, 04:47 AM
Did someone mention Diablo III? :D When is it scheduled to be released? :D

Adeptus_Minor
11-13-2008, 04:49 AM
I will solve your problem with three letters and one word:

PSP, Patapon

Yeeeah, like I have the spare $$ for a PSP or games for it right now.
I'm in gun buying mode...and when that's done I need to start thinking about upgrading my gaming PC at home.

Corey
11-13-2008, 04:51 AM
I don't think any official date has been announced, but I've seen a few guesses putting it around Sept/Oct 2009.

Adeptus_Minor
11-13-2008, 04:52 AM
Did someone mention Diablo III? :D When is it scheduled to be released? :D

From Blizzard:

When will Diablo III be released?

It's too early to estimate Diablo III's release date. As with all Blizzard Entertainment games, our goal is to create a game that is as fun, balanced, and polished as possible. We intend to take as much time developing Diablo III as is necessary to ensure the game meets our own high expectations and those of our players. We're aiming to release Diablo III on both Mac and Windows simultaneously in as many regions as possible, and to localize the game in several languages. We'll have more details to share about countries, languages, and specific dates as we get closer to release.

My guess is Summer '09, but it might be Fall.

Shift
11-13-2008, 04:58 AM
Omg. I will rape you noobs on some D2. God knows when D3 will be out.

Adeptus_Minor
11-13-2008, 05:01 AM
I never got into Battlenet play.
I liked my hacks and tweaked items and such too much. :zowned:

Shift
11-13-2008, 05:02 AM
I never got into Battlenet play.
I liked my hacks and tweaked items and such too much. :zowned:

wutcha talkin bout now fool.

Adeptus_Minor
11-13-2008, 05:05 AM
wutcha talkin bout now fool.

Well, you were talking about pwning us at Diablo 2... that would be on Battlenet, right?

Shift
11-13-2008, 05:11 AM
Well, you were talking about pwning us at Diablo 2... that would be on Battlenet, right?

well duh. but you can still hackzors on b.net

Adeptus_Minor
11-13-2008, 05:14 AM
Well, sure... but I'm an honest person and would never do such a thing.
:D

(besides... the 14 yr olds I'd be playing against would probably have superior hax )

t-homo
11-13-2008, 05:55 AM
Anybody still up?

Mr Lefty
11-13-2008, 05:59 AM
My night is your day... it's 8 pm here so ya'll are just getting up... normally I'd post more... but just bought Fallout 3... bad ass fuck'n game...

Adeptus_Minor
11-13-2008, 06:16 AM
but just bought Fallout 3... bad ass fuck'n game...

Oh yeah, it's like Fallout 1 & 2 meets Oblivion.
Very nice.
The storyline isn't quite as compelling as Mass Effect or Half Life 2, but the quests and NPC interactions are good.

rogue
11-13-2008, 06:19 AM
Woot! I'm off work & home! I may try to catch a quick nap before taking the Boy Teenager to school.

And I don't play b-net either. :p

Speaking of Diablo, would anyone happen to have Craftbot? I lost it when my computer crashed a few years ago & I never could find it online again. :(

Mr Lefty
11-13-2008, 06:30 AM
Oh yeah, it's like Fallout 1 & 2 meets Oblivion.
Very nice.
The storyline isn't quite as compelling as Mass Effect or Half Life 2, but the quests and NPC interactions are good.

I never played 1 or 2... so this is my first impression... disappointing to hear the other two aren't the same... I LOVE this game.... the storyline is pretty good imo... but I'm not a HUGE gamer... I just needed something to burn up my down time...

Sixxxxer
11-13-2008, 10:38 AM
7p - 7a. Half hour drive each way. Wake up at 5 so I can get some breakfast/dinner, take a shower, get ready for work, out the door at about 6:20 just in case traffic sucks (it does half the time), work, half hour drive home, sleep, wake up an do it again. Repeat every fucking Friday, Saturday, and Sunday because I'm per diem, so I have almost no say in scheduling, I'm the last one hired, so I have almost no say in scheduling, and the lazy pieces of shit I work with are good friends with the boss, so I have almost no say in scheduling.

So its safe to say, You have no say in scheduling Correct?

And Gears of War 2 Also came out...BADASS Game.

Corey
11-13-2008, 10:45 AM
So its safe to say, You have no say in scheduling Correct?

And Gears of War 2 Also came out...BADASS Game.

I need to pick that one up. I spent my game cash on getting my PS3 collection started.

Particle Man
11-13-2008, 04:23 PM
I was up but not online. :rant:

rogue
11-13-2008, 05:04 PM
I was up but not online. :rant:

You could have texted me... :p

dReWpY
11-13-2008, 05:11 PM
i work from 6am till 5 am on fridays (and early morning saturday), they are the suck!

Particle Man
11-13-2008, 06:48 PM
You could have texted me... :p

I wasn't thinking :)

Adeptus_Minor
11-13-2008, 10:13 PM
Bwah... almost that time again. :yawn:

Mr Lefty
11-13-2008, 10:15 PM

what... for lunch? got a meeting first

rogue
11-13-2008, 10:17 PM

I'm off tonight, but I'll be up late tonight. Rarely do I sleep at night when I'm off that night...unless I'm going riding the next day. :lol:

Corey
11-14-2008, 12:05 AM
It's time...

Ninjakel
11-14-2008, 12:08 AM
que?

Mr Lefty
11-14-2008, 12:10 AM
It's time...

Beastmaster... that game was the shit!

But Contra FTW

Dave
11-14-2008, 12:11 AM
oh snap altered beast! i feel old now.

Beastmaster... that game was the shit!

But Contra FTW

lifeforce > contra buddy. sorry

Corey
11-14-2008, 12:11 AM
que?

Overnight thread. The third shift should be starting for those who are working or about to work. And then there's us poor souls who stay up into the weeeee hours.

This is like Playboy After Dark, only without the nakedness and the vapid bimbos, which I suppose is either a good or bad thing depending on what you're looking for.

Ninjakel
11-14-2008, 12:12 AM
so will this be the place for me to post about my insomnia??? :lol:

Mr Lefty
11-14-2008, 12:13 AM
oh snap altered beast! i feel old now.

lifeforce > contra buddy. sorry

fuck that... ,^v^v<><>BABA Start FTMFW

Corey
11-14-2008, 12:13 AM
so will this be the place for me to post about my insomnia??? :lol:

It's here if you need it, though we're not stopping you from postwhoring it up elsewhere. :D

Ninjakel
11-14-2008, 12:14 AM
good to know

Corey
11-14-2008, 12:14 AM
fuck that... ,^v^v<><>BABA Start FTMFW

What code are you shootin? Only one BA in the Konami code.

Dave
11-14-2008, 12:15 AM
pretty sure its up up down down b a b a select start

Dave
11-14-2008, 12:16 AM
ok me and corey are right.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e2/Konami_Code.svg/300px-Konami_Code.svg.png

Corey
11-14-2008, 12:16 AM

http://it-is-law.com/dump/Konami-code.jpg

Select, Start is for two players.

Mr Lefty
11-14-2008, 12:21 AM
What code are you shootin? Only one BA in the Konami code.

yeah your right... it's two ba's though for two player and select before start

for two player that's it

Dave
11-14-2008, 12:24 AM
troof. makes me want to dig out the emulators and pilot good old lord british against the bacterium empire.

Corey
11-14-2008, 12:35 AM
troof. makes me want to dig out the emulators and pilot good old lord british against the bacterium empire.

Got a buddy with a still functioning NES and Contra. No emulators here.

Dave
11-14-2008, 12:39 AM
Got a buddy with a still functioning NES and Contra. No emulators here.

so do i, but its a little hard to drag that many consoles to iraq for three years. most of them work flawlessly. only one that doesnt is saturn. and since they had to emulate five bajillion chips im not surprised

Dave
11-14-2008, 12:42 AM
seriously there was nothing better than chilling in the sniper shack behind the fiddy and playing ocarina

MikeSP1
11-14-2008, 12:49 AM
My hours, generally:
8pm to 8am, outside, on the other side of the planet

Mr Lefty
11-14-2008, 12:57 AM
My hours, generally:
8pm to 8am, outside, on the other side of the planet

not from me fucker!

Dave
11-14-2008, 12:58 AM
hey do they still fly the F1 over there? id love to see that one ov these days

Sixxxxer
11-14-2008, 01:06 AM
Fuck I just got done work...And I have to go back in three hours...WTF is this bullshit

Dave
11-14-2008, 01:16 AM
make me a sammich bish

JARVIS518
11-14-2008, 01:21 AM
i hate flat tires :(

Hondahugger
11-14-2008, 01:28 AM
i hate flat tires :(what happened Jarv? I just got finished with a school project from hell!!! Why do teachers insist on giving hellatious projects to kids and expect them to do it in 3 days? Tell Vicki that she better have mercy on us parents when she graduates or I'm coming up to new York and kicking her butt on behalf of all the frustrated exhausted parents of America!

JARVIS518
11-14-2008, 01:32 AM
what happened Jarv? I just got finished with a school project from hell!!! Why do teachers insist on giving hellatious projects to kids and expect them to do it in 3 days? Tell Vicki that she better have mercy on us parents when she graduates or I'm coming up to new York and kicking her butt on behalf of all the frustrated exhausted parents of America!

i got a nail in my tire on my way home from my friends place, i just got back from wally world to get a plug kit and some slime now i need to borrow an air compressor so i can ride tomorrow night like i had planned

and as for vicki u can beat her ass as long as i can watch

Corey
11-14-2008, 01:33 AM
Be careful riding with that slime shit and plug.

JARVIS518
11-14-2008, 01:35 AM
ya i know im probly gunna buy a new tire wen i get paid on tuesday and then just hold onto this one for a spare. but need the bike for work on monday and tuesday anyway so i still need to plug it

Corey
11-14-2008, 01:37 AM
ya i know im probly gunna buy a new tire wen i get paid on tuesday and then just hold onto this one for a spare. but need the bike for work on monday and tuesday anyway so i still need to plug it

Hey man, I ain't trying to lecture or throw a guilt trip or anything like that, just be careful.

JARVIS518
11-14-2008, 01:41 AM
the thing that really pisses me off about it is that its a pilot road
so much for that harder compound

Hondahugger
11-14-2008, 01:41 AM
i got a nail in my tire on my way home from my friends place, i just got back from wally world to get a plug kit and some slime now i need to borrow an air compressor so i can ride tomorrow night like i had planned

and as for vicki u can beat her ass as long as i can watchyeah, what Corey said! And don't worry, you and speedy can sit on the sidelines taking pictures while Vicki and I jello fight!

Mr Lefty
11-14-2008, 01:44 AM

and as for vicki u can beat her ass as long as i can watch

dude SERIOUSLY... get that shit replaced right the fuck away... don't trust that slime shit for anything!

I used it... told I was good to go... and was put back on the road... got impatient went to pass a car and the bike went ape shit... wigg'n around like a fuck'n stripper have'n a siezure... I was doing about 85 at the time... I rode it out and found slime all over the bottom of my bike... the nail came out followed by all the air and slime.

I was 100 miles from the nearest town in Alaska... with 1 bar of signal on my cell. shit sucked...

learned alot from that trip... mainly don't trust anyones opinion about being good to go if I don't feel comfortable with it... it's not good to go.

a patched/plugged tire is not to be trusted for more than limping around until it can be replaced

Slime sucks dick... and is a FUCKING PAIN IN THE ASS to clean off your bike.

People in Alaska will stare at you on the side of the road... but will not stop... unless they're already planning on doing so to take a picture.

it gets cold quick when the sun goes down in AK... 60 at 5... 31 at 8.

oh and yes... this may be common knowledge to alot of you... but I was told this by a very reputible shop that I went to to get my tire replaced... they didn't have it in... so they said... here... put this slime in... it'll be good to go... I even asked... for how long... he said... it's a perminant fix... the :bs: flag came on in mind... but I figured it'd last at least one day... nope

JARVIS518
11-14-2008, 01:52 AM
when u put the slime in the tire why did u leave the nail in?

Mr Lefty
11-14-2008, 01:58 AM
when u put the slime in the tire why did u leave the nail in?

because they told me it would seal around the nail... effectivly "cementing" the nail in. BS.

like I said... it was a stupid decision on my end to trust them... and I got burned... but shit... I've trusted the advice of mechanics many times... and come out way ahead... just this time... it was a very dangerous risk... and all for a joy ride... something I very easily could have pushed back a week.

just becarefull :2cents:

JARVIS518
11-14-2008, 02:02 AM
i understand where your coming from but at the same time ur not suppose to leave what ever is puncturing your tire in your tire and still ride hence the reason i got the plug kit plus the slime

gotta read the directions, but keep what you said in mind thanks

Adeptus_Minor
11-14-2008, 02:11 AM
Sheesh... an hour or two and look at all the posts!

So... yeah, I'm at work.

Mr Lefty
11-14-2008, 02:15 AM
i understand where your coming from but at the same time ur not suppose to leave what ever is puncturing your tire in your tire and still ride hence the reason i got the plug kit plus the slime

gotta read the directions, but keep what you said in mind thanks

well they did it... and like I said they said it'd bond or "cement" the nail in... and I'd not be able to remove it after. :bs:

JARVIS518
11-14-2008, 02:16 AM
you got seriously lucky
but hey live and learn

Mr Lefty
11-14-2008, 02:19 AM
you got seriously lucky
but hey live and learn

you ain't kidding... if I'd gone off the cliff I was riding by... no one would have found me... even if I didn't die from the fall... I couldn't have crawled back up... and no one would have even seen where I went off.

:panic:

but just wanted to pass on some prior experience with the shit... hopefully you'll have a MUCH better experience :wink:

Adeptus_Minor
11-14-2008, 02:35 AM
Thanks for the safety note on the Slime stuff.
The only thing I know about it is that pretty much anything you put in your tire (Slime, Fix-a-flat, etc) will get you bitched out by whatever shop is changing the tire for you.

JoshuaTree
11-14-2008, 02:43 AM
... The only thing I know about it is that pretty much anything you put in your tire (Slime, Fix-a-flat, etc) will get you bitched out by whatever shop is changing the tire for you.

:werd:

Digifox
11-14-2008, 02:51 AM
uhhgg
2:50am and im still up. . . .

Haven't gotten much sleep in almost a week. . . .Dammit! ! !

pickle.of.doom
11-14-2008, 03:01 AM
I just got done with a marathon session of Call of Duty World At War, followed by a good hour or so of MotoGP 08.

Adeptus_Minor
11-14-2008, 03:45 AM
Looks like everyone wandered off.
It's just you & me, Ebbs

jetskifast
11-14-2008, 03:57 AM
Most nights stay up until 3 a.m.:whistle:

tommymac
11-14-2008, 05:28 AM
Today was night one of 4 in the ER. Kinda uneventful and even got a 2 hr nap.

Tom

Adeptus_Minor
11-14-2008, 05:34 AM
No frightening vaginas?

tommymac
11-14-2008, 05:38 AM
No frightening vaginas?

Couple of bloody ones but they were pregnant so i got out of looking at them and sent them to OB:rockwoot:

Tom

Adeptus_Minor
11-14-2008, 05:55 AM
Any bleeding vagina you can pawn off on some other department is clearly a win.
:dthumb:

PS. ...vagina...

(just had to say it again)

Corey
11-14-2008, 06:49 AM
I just got done with a marathon session of Call of Duty World At War, followed by a good hour or so of MotoGP 08.

Got caught up in some World at War also, as well as Resistance 2. Still awake though.

Adeptus_Minor
11-14-2008, 07:15 AM
I'm looking forward to getting a few quests in Fallout 3 done when I get home. I'm working 12's this weekend so I won't have any time to play until Monday.

Mr Lefty
11-14-2008, 08:06 AM
well I was logged in... but as my TV is my monitor... I had it on HDMI play'n Fallout 3... so really I was gone too...

now I'm head'n to bed... and at 1005 on a friday night... shit I'm getting old :lol:

t-homo
11-14-2008, 09:16 AM
A bunch of guys on my floor have badass gaming PCs. I think they have all finished Fallout 3. Most liked it but said it was the exact same as oblivion. Anybody have COD5 yet?

Corey
11-14-2008, 09:38 AM
A bunch of guys on my floor have badass gaming PCs. I think they have all finished Fallout 3. Most liked it but said it was the exact same as oblivion. Anybody have COD5 yet?

Oooh ooh, pick me I do I do!

It's pretty darn good, but I'm giving the overall edge to COD4 on everything. COD5 is still an excellent game though.

dReWpY
11-14-2008, 10:43 AM
i like this thread, night owls for the win

pickle.of.doom
11-14-2008, 12:59 PM
ITs COD World at War... COD 5 is going to be modern/futuristic weapons again, and made by a different company, back to the one that made cod3 I think.

Corey
11-14-2008, 02:12 PM
ITs COD World at War... COD 5 is going to be modern/futuristic weapons again, and made by a different company, back to the one that made cod3 I think.

Naw, Tetryarch, makers of COD3, are also the makers of COD: World at War. They've done a good job at emulating the online experience of COD4, but it's still just a copy. And even though I happily shelled out the cash for World at War and consider it a good purchase, enough with WW2, please. Between the first three COD's, the Medal of Honor series, and god knows what else, I think I've personally killed more Nazis than ever existed.

t-homo
11-14-2008, 02:35 PM
Between the first three COD's, the Medal of Honor series, and god knows what else, I think I've personally killed more Nazis than ever existed.

:pat::pat::pat::pat::pat::pat::pat::pat::pat:

I think I am right there with ya though.

pickle.of.doom
11-14-2008, 03:03 PM
Ok, its Infinity Ward and the others that worked on 4 that are doing 5 then. I get them confused. Whichever, its not the same folks that made World at War. I like waw, I just think its exactly the same as cod4 with older guns, and some vehicles.

Dave
11-14-2008, 05:24 PM
Naw, Tetryarch, makers of COD3, are also the makers of COD: World at War. They've done a good job at emulating the online experience of COD4, but it's still just a copy. And even though I happily shelled out the cash for World at War and consider it a good purchase, enough with WW2, please. Between the first three COD's, the Medal of Honor series, and god knows what else, I think I've personally killed more Nazis than ever existed.

i was really hoping it was going to be in vietnam when i first saw the ad. seriously though, new war people! how bout the spanish american? imagine admiral dewey's great white fleet tearing up manilla bay and good ol 1st cav fucking up cuba

Corey
11-14-2008, 05:30 PM
i was really hoping it was going to be in vietnam when i first saw the ad. seriously though, new war people! how bout the spanish american? imagine admiral dewey's great white fleet tearing up manilla bay and good ol 1st cav fucking up cuba

I'd be all for a Vietnam setting. I'm not sure why the whole era gets overlooked in the gaming world. Hell, even the Korean War. Or how about some French/Indian War action? I'd be more than happy to pit muskets vs. bows and arrows and hatchets. Or how about a good first person western set in the Old West with some classic rifles and revolvers that doesn't suck ass. Anything to break the monotony of another WW2 setting. What's sad is that World At War is a really good game, but it could have been better if they stopped being a dead horse and went in another direction.

tommymac
11-14-2008, 10:33 PM
So far so good in the Er but I am here till 7am:idk:

Tom

Trip
11-14-2008, 10:37 PM

Tom

You mean there isn't a cruise ship wreck/earthquake/hijacking/terrorist plot every time you have to work. Damn NBC for their lies!

Corey
11-14-2008, 10:41 PM

Tom

I'll be pullin that shift tomorrow night. Somehow I managed tonight off.

tommymac
11-14-2008, 11:06 PM
You mean there isn't a cruise ship wreck/earthquake/hijacking/terrorist plot every time you have to work. Damn NBC for their lies!

Just seems that way sometimes, fortunatley I have been off when most big events happened. i have been working the last few times cops were shot and killed, thats always a fun event :(

Tom

Corey
11-14-2008, 11:14 PM
Just seems that way sometimes, fortunatley I have been off when most big events happened. i have been working the last few times cops were shot and killed, thats always a fun event :(

Tom

Damn, that's shitty :( The only cops I've seen through our ER have been there for small stuff, like slamming the car door on their hand, getting punched in the face by a drunk, or excessive irritation from lingering pepper spray.

tommymac
11-14-2008, 11:15 PM
Damn, that's shitty :( The only cops I've seen through our ER have been there for small stuff, like slamming the car door on their hand, getting punched in the face by a drunk, or excessive irritation from lingering pepper spray.

we get all the minor stuff too. But it becomes a media circus here when on eof them gets shot. th emayor and all the brass show up and it goes down hill from there.

now the red and white taxis are bringing in some silly stuff so i will have to do some work:panic:

tom

Corey
11-14-2008, 11:16 PM
we get all the minor stuff too. But it becomes a media circus here when on eof them gets shot. th emayor and all the brass show up and it goes down hill from there.

now the red and white taxis are bringing in some silly stuff so i will have to do some work:panic:

tom

Fast track them bitches and get em outta your ER. As one of our nurses says, a happy patient is not an ER patient.

Dave
11-14-2008, 11:27 PM
i just wanna say that ive been drinking and periods are bullshit. i want some booty goddammit

Corey
11-14-2008, 11:32 PM
i just wanna say that ive been drinking and periods are bullshit. i want some booty goddammit

But the booty is period free. Deke the monthly visitor and go for the five hole.

Trip
11-14-2008, 11:32 PM

Tom

I was just joking cause of the TV series ER. I have had a few tonight, so pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Dave
11-14-2008, 11:35 PM
But the booty is period free. Deke the monthly visitor and go for the five hole.

i have gained that access in the past but i dont know if i could swing permission without other ahem* stimulations

tommymac
11-14-2008, 11:36 PM
Fast track them bitches and get em outta your ER. As one of our nurses says, a happy patient is not an ER patient.

I am tryin but I have a lazy attending and nurses tonight so that means toms doing all the work

Tom

Corey
11-14-2008, 11:37 PM
i have gained that access in the past but i dont know if i could swing permission without other ahem* stimulations

Electrocortical?

I am tryin but I have a lazy attending and nurses tonight so that means toms doing all the work

Tom

Shit man, I feel for ya. Nothing worse than that shit.

Dave
11-14-2008, 11:41 PM
Electrocortical?

i dont gots no TENS unit lol

tommymac
11-14-2008, 11:41 PM
Electrocortical?

Shit man, I feel for ya. Nothing worse than that shit.

its one or the other here, we either have highly motivated people or useless POS types. Were a state facility too so its not like they will get fired anyway.

I will prolly be working with the big boss tomorrow so stuff will get done at least.

Tom

Corey
11-14-2008, 11:46 PM
its one or the other here, we either have highly motivated people or useless POS types. Were a state facility too so its not like they will get fired anyway.

I will prolly be working with the big boss tomorrow so stuff will get done at least.

Tom

Ah see, we're private. They implemented a policy to fast track out as many low priorities that should be at an urgent care facility as quickly as they can without violating EMTALA. From a business standpoint, the system is actually quite well done and has done an excellent job of relieving some of the congestion and wait times in the ER.

Dave
11-14-2008, 11:48 PM
I'd be all for a Vietnam setting. I'm not sure why the whole era gets overlooked in the gaming world. Hell, even the Korean War. Or how about some French/Indian War action? I'd be more than happy to pit muskets vs. bows and arrows and hatchets. Or how about a good first person western set in the Old West with some classic rifles and revolvers that doesn't suck ass. Anything to break the monotony of another WW2 setting. What's sad is that World At War is a really good game, but it could have been better if they stopped being a dead horse and went in another direction.

dude! i got it. the falklands war. but you can only play from the side of the argentinans, you cant ever win...just do a little bit better before you get crushed.

Corey
11-14-2008, 11:51 PM
dude! i got it. the falklands war. but you can only play from the side of the argentinans, you cant ever win...just do a little bit better before you get crushed.

But the Brits had the cool harriers, and god dammit I wanna fly those.

tommymac
11-14-2008, 11:52 PM
Ah see, we're private. They implemented a policy to fast track out as many low priorities that should be at an urgent care facility as quickly as they can without violating EMTALA. From a business standpoint, the system is actually quite well done and has done an excellent job of relieving some of the congestion and wait times in the ER.

i am running fast track tonight, fortunatley its not too busy. Both nurses I have realy suck, and the attending is more concerned about talking about her kids poetry or movies than actualy doing work. the whole staff knows shes a lazy POS yet nothing gets done about it.

7 more hours and i will have the room to myself at 2. the nurses will be pissed since i will be making them work.

Tom

Dave
11-14-2008, 11:53 PM
But the Brits had the cool harriers, and god dammit I wanna fly those.

too bad, you get a super etenard with exocets. thats as cool as it gets

Corey
11-14-2008, 11:56 PM
too bad, you get a super etenard with exocets. thats as cool as it gets

When I get 7 kills can I call on the friendly neighboring Brazilian Tranny Squad to distract the enemy?

tommymac
11-14-2008, 11:58 PM
When I get 7 kills can I call on the friendly neighboring Brazilian Tranny Squad to distract the enemy?

if i have 7 kills I may be out of a job :lol:

Tom

Corey
11-14-2008, 11:59 PM
if i have 7 kills I may be out of a job :lol:

Tom

:lol:

Dave
11-15-2008, 12:02 AM

you're fighting the english army here. im sure they have enough trannys to avoid distraction

ol5Dfs7jqFI

Corey
11-15-2008, 12:07 AM
you're fighting the english army here. im sure they have enough trannys to avoid distraction

http://www.ubercharged.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/something_completely_different.jpg
And now for something completely different...

5zey8567bcg

Johnny Rico
11-15-2008, 12:18 AM
I just don't sleep. 2 to 4 hours and that is it. I got to bed about 10:30-11:00, exercise my husbandly prerogatives with my wife, Svetlana and basically just lie with her until she is asleep. I get up and get online with my Ipod on external speakers in the background. Usually I just look up random stuff to read on Wikipedia or read reviews of old or obscure movies on IMDB. Sometimes I watch a TV show or movie on Hulu.com. Get back in bed at 2 or 3 AM. Get up at 5 or 6 to workout before work.

Dave
11-15-2008, 12:37 AM
girly just got home. with a adam and eve catalog ;)

Adeptus_Minor
11-15-2008, 12:38 AM
Holy Jebus.... Somebody stickied this travesty...

Cool. :rockout:

Mrs. Colleen
11-15-2008, 12:38 AM
Soooooooo....is this the new bar thread or what? :whistle:

Mrs. Colleen
11-15-2008, 12:40 AM
girly just got home. with a adam and eve catalog ;)

They have a website you know...you can visit anytime. ;)

tommymac
11-15-2008, 12:41 AM
They have a website you know...you can visit anytime. ;)

I will have to wait till I send everyone home to look at that LOL

Tom

Adeptus_Minor
11-15-2008, 12:56 AM
Soooooooo....is this the new bar thread or what? :whistle:

Meh, we night dwellers are a strange breed all to ourselves.
We used to have a thread or two on CF at any given time.

Corey
11-15-2008, 01:41 AM
woohoo call of duty. such a great damn game.

Adeptus_Minor
11-15-2008, 04:29 AM
Work and TV... not such a great game. :td:

tommymac
11-15-2008, 04:45 AM
Kinda got things under control here, couple of homeless drunks outside but thats about it.

tom

Gas Man
11-15-2008, 05:57 AM
Well without reading al 8 pages...

I'm an overnight person all the time... but its not all fun n games for me... I actually have to work a swing shift... keeping the petro flowing is a 168 gig!

Adeptus_Minor
11-15-2008, 06:17 AM
Well without reading al 8 pages...

I'm an overnight person all the time... but its not all fun n games for me... I actually have to work a swing shift... keeping the petro flowing is a 168 gig!

Oh, I work for a "critical service infrastructure" company as well, but my particular job doesn't demand a lot. Thus, I have time to be here.

rogue
11-15-2008, 06:48 AM
Tonight has been hell of a night. I need a beer.

tommymac
11-15-2008, 07:27 AM
Tonight was an ok night, was watching sons of anarchy on hulu, saw the episode where the atf agent got faceplanted into the table. Didnt expect that.

Tom

marko138
11-15-2008, 02:12 PM
Used to work overnights. I liked it. Plenty of time to :whore: on the graveyard shift.

tommymac
11-15-2008, 03:57 PM
Used to work overnights. I liked it. Plenty of time to :whore: on the graveyard shift.

Absolutley, esp if you have one or 2 people to talk to. Rogue and I would usualy get a thread or 2 going if were not too busy.

Tom

marko138
11-15-2008, 03:59 PM
Absolutley, esp if you have one or 2 people to talk to. Rogue and I would usualy get a thread or 2 going if were not too busy.

Tom
Back in the old days I'd come in at 11 and there'd be a few people on here...but then they'd trail off as the night wore on. But plenty to keep me busy for a few hours.

Corey
11-15-2008, 04:02 PM
Back in the old days I'd come in at 11 and there'd be a few people on here...but then they'd trail off as the night wore on. But plenty to keep me busy for a few hours.

There's a few more of us imported from CF that are either night shifters, insomniacs, or people with fucked up sleep habits that end up staying up and post whoring.

Johnny Rico
11-15-2008, 04:45 PM
There's a few more of us imported from CF that are either night shifters, insomniacs, or people with fucked up sleep habits that end up staying up and post whoring.

That would be me.

Adeptus_Minor
11-15-2008, 09:37 PM
Well, it's my turn to work the weekend.
That means two 12 hr. nights :matrix:

Mr Lefty
11-15-2008, 09:39 PM
I'm normally on alot more durring your nights... but things have been busy at work... and i'm still play'n Fallout 3... give me a couple weeks... and I'll be :pwhore2:'n it up again especially if there's more than just marko to talk to.

Adeptus_Minor
11-15-2008, 09:57 PM
No worries, man.
I wish I could run Fallout 3 on my laptop at work, but I'm afraid it'd crawl. :td:

Sixxxxer
11-15-2008, 09:58 PM
Tonight has been hell of a night. I need a beer.

When DONT I need a Beer.

Adeptus_Minor
11-15-2008, 10:44 PM
When DONT I need a Beer.

Right about now I'm evenly divided between wanting a few beers and wanting an extra spicy bloody mary.

Sixxxxer
11-15-2008, 10:46 PM
Was never a fan of Tomato Juice...Or mixing it with Alchool.

But hey whatever tickles your pickle!!!

JoshuaTree
11-15-2008, 10:47 PM
... an extra spicy bloody mary.

Get it from Opal Divine's on 6th Street - ask for the garlic, sun-dried tomato, and pepper infused vodka... ;) :rockout:

Sixxxxer
11-15-2008, 10:52 PM
Ok that sounds a little Tasty

tommymac
11-16-2008, 12:04 AM
tonights not looking like a fun night. Full waiting room and shitty nurses again so stuff wont get done. Hopefully iwill be back later

Angee
11-16-2008, 12:28 AM
I usually get on after dinner and stay up till 11pm on work nights...usually at the bar on the weekend. Gotta do some post-whoring of my own to catch up! :lol:

Dave
11-16-2008, 12:39 AM
just helped a friend finish swapping a sr20det into his 240 :P

Adeptus_Minor
11-16-2008, 01:03 AM
Get it from Opal Divine's on 6th Street - ask for the garlic, sun-dried tomato, and pepper infused vodka... ;) :rockout:

That gets a "oh hell yeah". :rockout:

I also like Katz's "Holy Mary"
A bit heavy on the horseradish, but sometimes that does the job.

Actually, I think I'll get some of the Tabasco brand mixer when I get off work Monday morning. We have a bottle of Tito's in the liquor cabinet that must be feeling awfully neglected.

rogue
11-16-2008, 01:14 AM
Sorry I'm a little late to the party! I've been training & it's been a little busy tonight. My trainee is going home in a few minutes & things are starting to slow down some so maybe I can get some posting done tonight! :D

Ninjakel
11-16-2008, 01:16 AM
:rockout: I'm here. Just got home from watching the UFC fights.

Fucking Lesner won.

JARVIS518
11-16-2008, 01:29 AM
:whistle:

Dave
11-16-2008, 01:48 AM
:rockout: I'm here. Just got home from watching the UFC fights.

Fucking Lesner won.

big surprise. guys a fucking tank

rogue
11-16-2008, 02:03 AM
Where is everyone? I'm bored & lonely..... :(

Ninjakel
11-16-2008, 02:21 AM
awww.......

Adeptus_Minor
11-16-2008, 02:33 AM
I'm here.. and on your phone. :P

Dave
11-16-2008, 02:34 AM
Where is everyone? I'm bored & horny..... :(

fixed

rogue
11-16-2008, 02:37 AM
Story of my life..... :lol:

snaps
11-16-2008, 02:48 AM
I'm up for a while (it's only 11:45 here) but I'm not all that talkative... sorry...

Dave
11-16-2008, 02:52 AM
I'm up for a while (it's only 11:45 here) but I'm not all that talkative... sorry...

booo. nice seeing you up though

snaps
11-16-2008, 02:54 AM
Start a conversation and maybe I'll have something to say. I'm not so talented at small talk.

Dave
11-16-2008, 02:56 AM
its not all that hard lol, what do you do for a living? what did you do today? hell i helped swap a japanese engine into a friend's car tonight. hopefully get it rolling tomo

Adeptus_Minor
11-16-2008, 02:59 AM
*waves at snaps*

This is a thread about nothing, so finding an actual topic is difficult.
We've previously discussed drinking, video games, and why the hell otherwise sane people are up at this hour.

snaps
11-16-2008, 02:59 AM
For a living? Right now I collect unemployment. I've worked in motorcycle shops for the last 6 years though. I was recently laid off, along with half my shop, because they can't afford us.

Today I babysat for my nephew. He's cool. For a 1-year-old.

tommymac
11-16-2008, 03:01 AM
Man its nasty and rainy and theres tornado warnings and theyre calling the ambulance for coughs and colds :wtf: and of course all the homeless drunks are here looking for something to eat.

well back to work for now hopefully i have stuff cleaned up in an hour or so.

tom

Dave
11-16-2008, 03:06 AM
ahh that sucks. working in bike shops is sweet though. do you have mechanical ability or are you on the admin side of the house? im a maintinance tech for phillycarshare and a cavalry scout in the nj guard

rogue
11-16-2008, 03:07 AM
fixed

*checks self*

That's a negative, Ghost Rider. :nee:

rogue
11-16-2008, 03:10 AM
I'm here.. and on your phone. :P

Someone loves me! :D *hugs!*

snaps
11-16-2008, 03:12 AM
Not so much on the tech stuff, just basics. I had techs that would do that kind of stuff for a beer after work. I was in parts for most of the time, and finance for the last year or so.

Adeptus_Minor
11-16-2008, 03:12 AM
Someone loves me! :D *hugs!*

Damn, girl... didn't you know?

Dave
11-16-2008, 03:14 AM
*checks self*

That's a negative, Ghost Rider. :nee:

hah i was saying that id fixed your quote. i almost wrote "ill be there in ten" instead :lol:

Not so much on the tech stuff, just basics. I had techs that would do that kind of stuff for a beer after work. I was in parts for most of the time, and finance for the last year or so.

mmm beeer :drool::dthumb:

snaps
11-16-2008, 03:16 AM
I know, right? I've got 4 left in my fridge. I love living in the land of the microbrews :)

Adeptus_Minor
11-16-2008, 03:17 AM
Share.

Dave
11-16-2008, 03:21 AM
my house is covered in liquor. roomates gf keeps throwing byob partys and people just leave the stuff here. i think just in the upstairs frige we have corona, dos equis, grolsch, amstel, red stripe, and i think i still have a sapporo or asahi in there too. gotta get more of that stuff, japanese beer is awesome

snaps
11-16-2008, 03:22 AM
Can you be in South Seattle in the next hour? No? ok, well, it was a good effort. :)

And I'm not a big fan of Japanese beers. I live in Hops country, we've got so many microbrews I'll never come close to trying them all

t-homo
11-16-2008, 03:22 AM
What up guys? No drinkin for me tonight.

Adeptus_Minor
11-16-2008, 03:24 AM
Can you be in South Seattle in the next hour? No? ok, well, it was a good effort. :)

Sheesh... women and their impossible demands. :badger:

snaps
11-16-2008, 03:24 AM
I'm saving my four. I'm actually drinking tea right now.

Dave
11-16-2008, 03:25 AM

And I'm not a big fan of Japanese beers. I live in Hops country, we've got so many microbrews I'll never come close to trying them all

haha well id love to try but the fireblade's not THAT fast ;)

rogue
11-16-2008, 03:25 AM
hah i was saying that id fixed your quote. i almost wrote "ill be there in ten" instead :lol:

I was just letting you knnow you weren't fixing my quote for truth and accuracy....just wishful thinking :nee:

Dave
11-16-2008, 03:27 AM
I'm saving my four. I'm actually drinking tea right now.

oooh what kind? i loovvvve earl grey

I was just letting you knnow you weren't fixing my quote for truth....just wishful thinking :nee:

lmao wishful on my part or yours dear?

Adeptus_Minor
11-16-2008, 03:32 AM

:dthumb:

snaps
11-16-2008, 03:33 AM
It's an Earl Grey with raspberry in it. Strawberry tea is probably my favorite, if it's made with real strawberries (I hate the artificial tastes) I've got a whole cupboard full of tea.

t-homo
11-16-2008, 03:33 AM
Earl Grey is some good shit.

Adeptus_Minor
11-16-2008, 03:35 AM
Earl Grey is what I do when coffee isn't working for me.
Generally due to not feeling well, but I can really drink it any time and enjoy it.

t-homo
11-16-2008, 03:36 AM
Real Green tea, not lipton bottle shit, is my favorite morning after drinking drink.

Dave
11-16-2008, 03:37 AM
interesting stuff, alright its like 330 here so im going to wish you lovely ladies (and that includes t-rock) a good night and promptly pass out. and miss snaps i'll try to figure out how to pull off that hour cross country trip lol

rogue
11-16-2008, 03:38 AM

lmao wishful on my part or yours dear?

Yours :nee:

t-homo
11-16-2008, 03:38 AM
interesting stuff, alright its like 330 here so im going to wish you lovely ladies (and that includes t-rock) a good night and promptly pass out. and miss snaps i'll try to figure out how to pull off that hour cross country trip lol

Dick. It's only 2:30 here so I am good for a while. And I slept from 5 in the morning till 4:30 this afternoon so i'm pretty well rested.

Adeptus_Minor
11-16-2008, 03:44 AM
I'm watching a movie on SciFi with Shiri Appleby riding a motorcycle.
This works for me...

tommymac
11-16-2008, 04:05 AM
its 4am here and i am gettin killed.

Tom

Adeptus_Minor
11-16-2008, 04:08 AM
Real life in the ER?

tommymac
11-16-2008, 04:11 AM
Real life in the ER?

Kinda, lot of mindless stuff tonight but we do have a few interesting cases and one that almost went south on us.

Tom

Adeptus_Minor
11-16-2008, 04:18 AM
You know, that's a great thing about your job.
For all the mundane, annoying stuff you have to deal with, I doubt a night goes by that you guys don't make a difference in someone's life.

snaps
11-16-2008, 04:22 AM
(interrupting Adeptus' good thought)

Going to watch a movie and hit the sack, good night :)

tommymac
11-16-2008, 04:22 AM
You know, that's a great thing about your job.
For all the mundane, annoying stuff you have to deal with, I doubt a night goes by that you guys don't make a difference in someone's life.

True, some stuff is just reassurance or a pat on the back to damn that guy almost died. I have had a few good calls/catches recently too so thats always prety cool.

Tom

Adeptus_Minor
11-16-2008, 04:31 AM
(interrupting Adeptus' good thought)

Going to watch a movie and hit the sack, good night :)

G'nite snaps.
Thanks for hanging with us =)

LOZ
11-16-2008, 04:37 AM
I cant sleep!!! :panic:

rogue
11-16-2008, 04:48 AM
I wanna sleep but I have a stupid system that keeps dumping shit on me to handle & I can't find anyone to let me put it in test to make it stop! Grrrr......

Adeptus_Minor
11-16-2008, 04:51 AM
I'm hooking up some green tea... I need just a little boost to help get me through the night.
(also maybe it'll help me digest the fat from the fried chicken I've been eating tonight)

tommymac
11-16-2008, 05:33 AM
can someone please come here and help me fill out all my charts. I have seen about 20 patients since 11:15 and havent written anything on any of them. yet I am here posting away :pwhore2:

tom

Mr Lefty
11-16-2008, 05:41 AM
Tommy I'd give ya a hand if I was there... as that is my job... medical Admin... though military and civilians handle it a bit diffrent... :lol:

lots of cold cases or real ER stuff?

Adeptus_Minor
11-16-2008, 05:41 AM
I'm not so good with paperwork.
:idk:

The age of the keyboard has left my handwriting quite derelict.

Mr Lefty
11-16-2008, 05:47 AM
ahh true... I forgot the ER does everything by hand... well as long as it doesn't necessarily need to be legible... I'm good :lol:

rogue
11-16-2008, 05:58 AM
lots of cold cases or real ER stuff?

Please don't get him started! We'll have to read in vivid detail about the 500lb bleeding vaginas that he sees! It's his fetish.... :lmao:

Mr Lefty
11-16-2008, 06:01 AM
Please don't get him started! We'll have to read in vivid detail about the 500lb bleeding vaginas that he sees! It's his fetish.... :lmao:

OOOOOOOOooooo K... so...

change'n subject...

I'm officially confused as to what bike i want again...

Adeptus_Minor
11-16-2008, 06:05 AM
http://www.webbikeworld.com/ktm/rc8/ktm-rc8-left.jpg

rogue
11-16-2008, 06:16 AM

Which ones are you interested in?

Mr Lefty
11-16-2008, 06:18 AM
600RR... and the 1125R.... though an 06 or 07 GSXR600 would be nice

Adeptus_Minor
11-16-2008, 06:19 AM
The Buell wouldn't be bad either

Mr Lefty
11-16-2008, 06:22 AM
The Buell wouldn't be bad either

no... and the only thing I held against it they fixed... the fueling.

it'd be better for the long distance rides I do... more up right riding style... a bit larger tank, superior wind protection... fuck even the people behind me benefit! :lol:

rogue
11-16-2008, 06:26 AM
600RR... and the 1125R.... though an 06 or 07 GSXR600 would be nice

I'm a bit biased towards Suzuki :p

Mr Lefty
11-16-2008, 06:28 AM
yeah I rode a friends SV for a while... Awesome bike...

and just something about the 06-07 GSXR's.... I like them alot.

the only new 600 I like though is the 600RR...

rogue
11-16-2008, 06:43 AM
yeah I rode a friends SV for a while... Awesome bike...

and just something about the 06-07 GSXR's.... I like them alot.

the only new 600 I like though is the 600RR...

You misunderstood. :lol: If I had my choice out of the ones you listed, it would be the gix. I don't *fit* an RR well. I fit a gix better. I'm not a big Buell fan either. :idk:

If *I* could ride & have any bike, it would be the B-King. That bike just oozes raw power & sexiness. :p But alas, my 5'1" frame won't allow me to ride the B-King. It's too heavy & I can't pick it up off it's side stand. :(

If I had a realistic choice right now, I have no clue. I like naked & streetfighter bikes.

Adeptus_Minor
11-16-2008, 06:46 AM
I think the only thing that'd make me want a 600 SS class bike is for the track... and I really don't have the spare $$ for track days/tires/leathers etc.
Too many other damn hobbies.

Mr Lefty
11-16-2008, 06:47 AM
You misunderstood. :lol: If I had my choice out of the ones you listed, it would be the gix. I don't *fit* an RR well. I fit a gix better. I'm not a big Buell fan either. :idk:

If *I* could ride & have any bike, it would be the B-King. That bike just oozes raw power & sexiness. :p But alas, my 5'1" frame won't allow me to ride the B-King. It's too heavy & I can't pick it up off it's side stand. :(

If I had a realistic choice right now, I have no clue. I like naked & streetfighter bikes.

no I understood that your for the Gix... :lol:

I'm honestly leaning towards the buell... just want to ride on first... but I think it'd fit my riding style best... but :idk:

Mr Lefty
11-16-2008, 06:48 AM
I think the only thing that'd make me want a 600 SS class bike is for the track... and I really don't have the spare $$ for track days/tires/leathers etc.
Too many other damn hobbies.

see I want to try the track... I've never done a track day... but I'm pretty convinced I'd love it.

Adeptus_Minor
11-16-2008, 06:52 AM
I've had the bug a couple of times (back when I owned a bike that was track practical), but I just convinced myself that I would probably have wadded my bike and been screwed.
"Why... no, Mr. State Farm Adjustor Man... I wasn't at the track... it was.. umm... gravel in the intersection! "

Yeah... I'm a chicken. Piss off. :damn:

Adeptus_Minor
11-16-2008, 07:00 AM
And on that note, it's almost 6am...time to start writing up my passdown report.
Hopefully my coworker will get here a while before 7:00 so I'm not here any longer than I have to be.

Mr Lefty
11-16-2008, 07:09 AM
I've had the bug a couple of times (back when I owned a bike that was track practical), but I just convinced myself that I would probably have wadded my bike and been screwed.
"Why... no, Mr. State Farm Adjustor Man... I wasn't at the track... it was.. umm... gravel in the intersection! "

Yeah... I'm a chicken. Piss off. :damn:

actually I checked my insurance covers track days... but wouldn't cover actual races... good thing I don't plan on that :lol:

And on that note, it's almost 6am...time to start writing up my passdown report.
Hopefully my coworker will get here a while before 7:00 so I'm not here any longer than I have to be.

yeah I'm head'n to bed it's 9pm here... Yay... monday's only 3hrs away! :panic:

rogue
11-16-2008, 07:24 AM
I'm here for at least another hour. But it's OT which makes it more bearable. :lol:

Johnny Rico
11-16-2008, 08:15 AM
Well, watched HD versions of Wanted and the The Dark Knight streamed online and was going to go ahead and start my day since the night is over. Svetlana just woke up and wants me to exercise my husbandly duties. Mad Russian females are one thing, Mad Russian females who are horny are quite another.

Adeptus_Minor
11-16-2008, 10:12 AM
. Svetlana just woke up and wants me to exercise my husbandly duties. Mad Russian females are one thing, Mad Russian females who are horny are quite another.

Fucker... you'll understand if those of us who aren't getting any have absolutely no sympathy for you. :blah:

Corey
11-16-2008, 10:14 AM
I'm home and unwound from a long shift. Being the low man on the totum pole at that place is really starting to suck ass. My ass should be in bed getting as much rest as I can before going back to the grind in a few hours, but I gotta cool down a little more before I can sleep. Drinking now isn't a bad thing if everyone elses morning is your night, right?

tommymac
11-16-2008, 10:41 AM
I'm home and unwound from a long shift. Being the low man on the totum pole at that place is really starting to suck ass. My ass should be in bed getting as much rest as I can before going back to the grind in a few hours, but I gotta cool down a little more before I can sleep. Drinking now isn't a bad thing if everyone elses morning is your night, right?

I would be if I wasnt working tonight. We had a case that didnt end well this morning. Fortunatley it wasnt my patient so my names nowhere to be found on the charts. This ones gonna get ugly and may even make the papers so stay tuned

Dave
11-16-2008, 11:10 AM

:eek: thats freakin scary right there

OOOOOOOOooooo K... so...

change'n subject...

have you considered snapping up OSP's 954?

if i could have any naked bike, it'd be a vyrus. hub center is fuckin sexy
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/Khajjathefang/16_getting_air.jpg

Mr Lefty
11-16-2008, 03:38 PM
have you considered snapping up OSP's 954?

I don't want a 1000cc I4... way more than I need... the only reason I haven't set myself on the 1125R is because it's a big bike... bigger than I need I think.

I never worried about power with my ZZr... it had more than enough for me... even loaded down with all the shit from my trip... I could still hit 120+ and out accelerate (when I don't loop it) 99% of cars on the road

Dave
11-16-2008, 05:30 PM
didnt you have + - on your zzr? you really ought to try it before you rule it out. the extra torque makes it much more liveable and no one ever said you gotta rape the throttle

Mr Lefty
11-16-2008, 05:37 PM
didnt you have + - on your zzr? you really ought to try it before you rule it out. the extra torque makes it much more liveable and no one ever said you gotta rape the throttle

yeah went down 1 in the front up 2 in the rear... but that doesn't put it near a liter...

and the 954 is a big beast if I remember correctly... I liked the size of my ZZr... the 1125R felt good when I sat on Cutty's...

if I stay I-4 it'll be a 600... MAYBE a 750 if I find an insane deal.

what's the point of having a liter and dealing with the gas milage drop if I don't need it?

t-homo
11-16-2008, 05:51 PM
yeah went down 1 in the front up 2 in the rear... but that doesn't put it near a liter...

and the 954 is a big beast if I remember correctly... I liked the size of my ZZr... the 1125R felt good when I sat on Cutty's...

what's the point of having a liter and dealing with the gas milage drop if I don't need it?

what gas mileage did you get on the zzr? Honestly, no one really needs a liter. I sure as hell don't. I found a good deal so I got one. One thing about it is that I never have to give it hard throttle at all to fuckin run.

Mr Lefty
11-16-2008, 05:54 PM
before the gear change I got mid 40's... high 40's if I was easy on the gas and on the highway alot.

after high 30's... didn't matter how I rode freeway or twisty's... 37-40...

but that's my point... I don't need nor WANT a I4 Liter... even if I could get the same milage... why... the bike is heavier... the insurance is more... ect.

Dave
11-16-2008, 06:56 PM

big!? maybe next to a 250. your old bike weighs about 441 wet. a 954 comes in around 429. your argument sucks. go ride the damn bike

Mr Lefty
11-16-2008, 07:54 PM
big!? maybe next to a 250. your old bike weighs about 441 wet. a 954 comes in around 429. your argument sucks. go ride the damn bike

my bike I don't think was 441 wet... it was 370ish dry. but there's more to size than weight... the width ect... the bike just FEELS bigger. (i've never sat on a 954 though... but I've sat on many R1's, 929's, 1000RR's, and GSXR 1000's all felt much wider and bigger than my ZZR)

and what's the point. if I don't want or need the things the I4 liter offers... why get it?

I'm not dis'n the bike... it's just not the right one for me.

if I want torque down low I'll go with a V-Twin... which is why I'm considering the 1125R.

but really I just want something that has decent range, comfortable, doesn't feel overly wide. the weight is low so it actually feels just as nimble as my ZZR if not more so.

why don't you want a busa?

Adeptus_Minor
11-16-2008, 08:49 PM
Yeehaw... night two of my work weekend.

Mr Lefty
11-16-2008, 08:52 PM
Yeehaw... night two of my work weekend.

work weekend... you mean your off or your working two days then have a day off again? :idk:

Adeptus_Minor
11-16-2008, 09:02 PM
I work two 12 hr shifts (Saturday night and Sunday night) every 4-5 weeks. Normally I work 11pm-7am Mon-Fri
I'll be working normal 8 hr shifts Monday and Tuesday and then have the rest of the week off.