PDA

View Full Version : just got this...

itgirl
03-03-2008, 10:50 PM
finally i can beat the hell outta something other than my husband. gotta love the pink!

dReWpY
03-03-2008, 10:50 PM
looks like a pink rocket :benis:

itgirl
03-03-2008, 10:52 PM
woo hoo! now i have 2 uses for it! thanks. :)

OneSickPsycho
03-03-2008, 10:53 PM
I hope it came with hand wraps... if it didn't.... get some... it'll make an amazing difference in comfort and injury prevention.

t-homo
03-03-2008, 10:54 PM
We have a punching bag in the basement that me and a friend are going to hang up this week and hopefully go apeshit on. Boxing match between me and itgirl whenever we meet.

OneSickPsycho
03-03-2008, 10:54 PM
We have a punching bag in the basement that me and a friend are going to hang up this week and hopefully go apeshit on. Boxing match between me and itgirl whenever we meet.

Handwraps... trust me.

Audiomechanic
03-03-2008, 10:55 PM
It look like Marco's bike! :lol:

Also, we're gonna need pics of you in action on this thing...preferably in sports wear. Aw yea.

ZukLady
03-03-2008, 10:57 PM
Cute, i love it in pink!
Just looking at the tumbnail, i thought it was a vibrator :lol:

Trip
03-03-2008, 10:59 PM
Cute, i love it in pink!

:lol: I took a quick glance and that's what I thought too.

Beat the crap out of it, good stress relief. I use to have one and probably will get another when I have a place to put it.

NONE_too_SOFT
another punching bag is on my things to buy list.

itgirl
i nixed the ol' fashioned handwraps and went with the padded velcro handwrap gloves instead that go under the training gloves.

NONE_too_SOFT
Cute, i love it in pink!

that makes 3 of us.

NONE_too_SOFT
03-03-2008, 11:00 PM
you use actual padded training gloves? I've got leather mitts w/ training weights that you can attatch. loves em.

t-homo
03-03-2008, 11:05 PM
other than wrap, bare knuckle. We have a couple pairs of 16 oz wal-mart gloves but not too interested.

itgirl
03-03-2008, 11:05 PM
you use actual padded training gloves? I've got leather mitts w/ training weights that you can attatch. loves em.

i'm new to all this. i am using the gloves shown with the bag in the pic. if there's something better, please do tell!

azoomm
03-03-2008, 11:08 PM
Ooooooo, nix the padded training gloves and go with wraps. Hell, I even have a hook-up that can get you pink wraps. Truly.

I just picked up a base-heavy bag myself from my Krav instructor. :dthumb:

NONE_too_SOFT
03-03-2008, 11:11 PM
yea babe, go get some training gloves. basically its like a leather or some sort of textile mitten, with a weighted bar inside that goes in your palm when you put the "glove" on.

mine have 3 dif weights that go w/ em (somethin like 1 2 1/2, and 4 lb weights for each glove). do a few rounds w/ em on, then just lay into the bag w/ some wrap and you'll feel quick like Ali.

they're not big and bulky like mitts, so ya gotta make sure you wrap your hands, but i love em.

NONE_too_SOFT
03-03-2008, 11:12 PM
Ooooooo, nix the padded training gloves and go with wraps. Hell, I even have a hook-up that can get you pink wraps. Truly.

o wow you take krav maga lessons? remind me not to slip you that rufie after all.

azoomm
03-03-2008, 11:17 PM
o wow you take krav maga lessons? remind me not to slip you that rufie after all.

Between that, and me being 5'11".... I'm a force of nature :lmao:

I have some small training gloves, and hate them. They slip around. It's like the idea of buying motorcycle gloves for women.... they just make boy's sizes slightly shorter. They still feel and fit like oven mitts. :td:

The wraps will keep your wrist where it needs to be, and will protect your knuckles. As a beginner, it will teach you more control. Think of it this way... do it right, cause injury to your opponent. Do it wrong, cause injury to yourself. Learn it right.

itgirl
03-03-2008, 11:17 PM
yea babe, go get some training gloves. basically its like a leather or some sort of textile mitten, with a weighted bar inside that goes in your palm when you put the "glove" on.

mine have 3 dif weights that go w/ em (somethin like 1 2 1/2, and 4 lb weights for each glove). do a few rounds w/ em on, then just lay into the bag w/ some wrap and you'll feel quick like Ali.

they're not big and bulky like mitts, so ya gotta make sure you wrap your hands, but i love em.

i'll hafta check into them. thanks.

so wraps are better? i went with the padded glove wrap out of laziness. just slip on and go. wraps are cheaper though. guess i'll be making a return.

NONE_too_SOFT
03-03-2008, 11:24 PM

I have some small training gloves, and hate them. They slip around. It's like the idea of buying motorcycle gloves for women.... they just make boy's sizes slightly shorter. They still feel and fit like oven mitts. :td:

The wraps will keep your wrist where it needs to be, and will protect your knuckles. As a beginner, it will teach you more control. Think of it this way... do it right, cause injury to your opponent. Do it wrong, cause injury to yourself. Learn it right.

word.

form is more important than anything in the first month or so. build up a resistance to the type of training your doing, build up the muscle memory, then step it up.
If you start throwin punches like rocky on day one, you'll be hurtin so bad every time you put on a pair of mitts you'll wonder why you even bought that big pink paper weight.

fatburg
03-03-2008, 11:33 PM
I've got a beater bag down in my weight room. It's a cardio work on shoulder day

Rider
03-04-2008, 07:59 AM
Nice now you can work on your :ps: skills. Make sure to wear your wife beater t shirt when you train. :dthumb:

OneSickPsycho
03-04-2008, 08:03 AM
another punching bag is on my things to buy list.

I need to get a stand for mine... Preferably I'd get some sort of power rack with a built in stand... that would be ( . Y . )

Krav... I want to take Krav so bad... I can't find anyone offering it around here...

fatburg
03-04-2008, 08:06 AM
I have one of those wavemaster bags, it does the job. eventually I'll upgrade my squat rack and then get a hanging one I can just clip in it then throw it in the corner when I'm done

vabarber2
03-04-2008, 07:17 PM
Handwraps... trust me.
:iagree: They're great!!

Phenix_Rider
03-04-2008, 07:23 PM

Think of it this way... do it right, cause injury to your opponent. Do it wrong, cause injury to yourself. Learn it right.
I like the way you think.

Wait...where are you? :diitb::whistle:
:lol:

Nice now you can work on your :ps: skills. Make sure to wear your wife beater t shirt when you train. :dthumb:

And get pics!

Phenix_Rider
03-04-2008, 07:30 PM
If you didn't, you should get a timer. There's one at my old school that's literally 30 years old. Couple D batteries and you can set it for different on times and breaks. Remember- First bell means go, second means go harder and third is break. As you get stronger and work your stamina, you set the on time longer and breaks shorter and do more rounds.

These are the wraps I have.
http://www.awma.com/index.cfm/action/productdetail/product_id/9893.htm
And these are my bag gloves.
http://www.awma.com/index.cfm/action/productdetail/product_id/8623.htm

www.centurymartialarts.com and www.awma.com are good places to get gear. These (http://www.centurymartialarts.com/Boxing/Bag_Gloves/Kickboxing_Mitts.aspx) are awesome if you have a partner. Great to have a target that does more than swing back and around.

Big Kahuna
03-04-2008, 08:38 PM
Hot damn, don't mess with itGirl!

itgirl
03-04-2008, 08:49 PM
If you didn't, you should get a timer. There's one at my old school that's literally 30 years old. Couple D batteries and you can set it for different on times and breaks. Remember- First bell means go, second means go harder and third is break. As you get stronger and work your stamina, you set the on time longer and breaks shorter and do more rounds.

These are the wraps I have.
http://www.awma.com/index.cfm/action/productdetail/product_id/9893.htm
And these are my bag gloves.
http://www.awma.com/index.cfm/action/productdetail/product_id/8623.htm

www.centurymartialarts.com and www.awma.com are good places to get gear. These (http://www.centurymartialarts.com/Boxing/Bag_Gloves/Kickboxing_Mitts.aspx) are awesome if you have a partner. Great to have a target that does more than swing back and around.

good suggestion! thanks. i got the pink wraps just like yours today. i had no idea gloves come weighted though. that'll be an investment for another time. i'm just gonna get used to hittin' stuff right now.

t-homo
03-05-2008, 09:00 PM
good suggestion! thanks. i got the pink wraps just like yours today. i had no idea gloves come weighted though. that'll be an investment for another time. i'm just gonna get used to hittin' stuff right now.

you can practice hittin me;)

itgirl
03-05-2008, 09:36 PM
you can practice hittin me;)

you sure you're ready for that? :)

t-homo
03-06-2008, 02:22 AM
Any time baby. Especially after I'wm as drunk as I am right nwo.