PDA

View Full Version : Going to Jennings to start the New Year

DIMford
11-14-2008, 04:20 PM
:rockwoot: I am going to be starting the new year off right. First weekend of the new year I will be at Jennings... :rockwoot:

neebelung
11-14-2008, 04:21 PM
:rockwoot: I am going to be starting the new year off right. First weekend of the new year I will be at Jennings... :rockwoot:

OH SWEETTTT!!

Hmmmmmmm, maybe we'll have to take a roadtrip out there to seeya.

DIMford
11-14-2008, 04:22 PM
OH SWEETTTT!!

Hmmmmmmm, maybe we'll have to take a roadtrip out there to seeya.
You better. Maybe bring your new sexy bitch too... I want to touch her and :drool:

neebelung
11-14-2008, 04:26 PM
You better. Maybe bring your new sexy bitch too... I want to touch her and :drool:

:rofl: Just stay away from her tailpipes!! I don't want you violatin' her! :lol:

DIMford
11-14-2008, 04:45 PM
:rofl: Just stay away from her tailpipes!! I don't want you violatin' her! :lol:

:diitb:

Don't have to worry about me violating her... I might be the one being violated...

bmblebee
11-15-2008, 12:45 AM

Great! We have a group going over on Monday (17th) There is an Ed Bargy race school date on dec. 2nd...I believe...we have two fellows from our group here going for their licenses. Jennings is a great track

DIMford
11-15-2008, 08:49 AM
Great! We have a group going over on Monday (17th) There is an Ed Bargy race school date on dec. 2nd...I believe...we have two fellows from our group here going for their licenses. Jennings is a great track

I did three days there this year before I moved. It's an awesome track. Going to get warmed up there and then work on getting in VIR, Summit Point and New Jersey Motorsports Park before I leave VA.
Oh, and I am going to be there January 3rd for the FSB weekend.

bmblebee
11-16-2008, 05:15 PM
I did three days there this year before I moved. It's an awesome track. Going to get warmed up there and then work on getting in VIR, Summit Point and New Jersey Motorsports Park before I leave VA.
Oh, and I am going to be there January 3rd for the FSB weekend.

Maybe I'll get to see you over there. I'm trying to build a vintage bike for my vintage ass to ride over there.

was92v
11-16-2008, 07:56 PM
Maybe I'll get to see you over there. I'm trying to build a vintage bike for my vintage ass to ride over there.

What type vintage bike are you building or planning to ride?

PhiSig1071
11-16-2008, 10:42 PM
I might cruise up after work to say hello.

bmblebee
11-16-2008, 11:51 PM
What type vintage bike are you building or planning to ride?

Honda 350

was92v
11-17-2008, 07:15 AM
Twin? Those things run better than they should when they are built up. I've been suprized by a few of them.
I saw a 350-4 on the Nashville craigs list the other day for 500 bucks that jingled a little "vintage racer" bell in my head, but I made myself get over it.

bmblebee
11-17-2008, 07:43 AM
My experience with the vintage class has been that there are old guys like me out there who have to get up and go to work on Monday morning. They are more interested in the fun and fellowship than trophies. There is less bumping and rubbing going on, because, like me, they have no realistic aspirations of an AMA, WSB or MotoGP career. We are just interested in having some fun and getting our machines and ourselves home rash free.

neebelung
11-17-2008, 07:46 AM
Mick came out and road with us yesterday, and said he and Jreese are both going to Jennings the day you are -- we're SO there. :rockwoot:

DIMford
11-17-2008, 09:16 AM
Yeah, Jreese and I are driving down from VA to do this. Drive down Friday, Ride Saturday and drive back Sunday. I have to go to work on Monday.

neebelung
11-17-2008, 09:31 AM
Cool, well we'll plan on coming up that Saturday (so long as Chris isn't coaching).

was92v
11-17-2008, 09:30 PM
My experience with the vintage class has been that there are old guys like me out there who have to get up and go to work on Monday morning. They are more interested in the fun and fellowship than trophies. There is less bumping and rubbing going on, because, like me, they have no realistic aspirations of an AMA, WSB or MotoGP career. We are just interested in having some fun and getting our machines and ourselves home rash free.

Yeah, I did a little vintage in the past. Vintage riders are usually under no delusions of being offered a factory ride. It is the kind of racing where your closest rival will help you fix your bike to make the grid and then try like hell to beat you to the checker. There is some good racing going on in there.