PDA

View Full Version : Concerns about my wife on the track.

DLIT
03-04-2008, 04:49 AM
I'm pretty sure she'll be buying the new 250R when I get back. That's all good. I'm excited about that. But the more and more I read about deaths and what not, I'm seriously contemplating having her just do track riding ONLY. Maybe get some practice in on neighborhood streets/big lots where there's not much traffic to get comfortable.

For the level one guys, do you guys encounter people that seems like it's their first time on a bike ever? I intend on her taking the class at the track day, so she'll getthe basics down as far as holding your line and all that. Actually, I can see why level one guys can only pass in the straights now. Because of people in the same boat as my wife.

I'm just worried she'll get scared out there because of all the other bikes passing her fairly close. And I don't want her riding when she's scared, you know? Personally, I think she can do it. I just need a place for her to get the basics down, at speed, first. I know Kurt (Zortness) was going to get his wife a bike too, load it up on his trailer, and head to some practice spots and he said we should tag along as well, which was cool as hell. My biggest concern is her causing a wreck because she is not familiar with other people riding close to her.

What do you guys think about her being on the track, even before riding on the street?

azoomm
03-04-2008, 07:49 AM
What do you guys think about her being on the track, even before riding on the street?

I think it's the best idea ever.

My best friend did that... MSF, learned the mechanics and how the bike works. Then... track, and has been racing since. She is one of the best riders I know. Not the fastest out there, but certainly one of the most smooth.

Now, why is it you have these concerns and haven't sat her down and talked to her about it. Are you worried the hackles will go up? Do you realize you sound like a flashback to 1952?

DLIT
03-04-2008, 07:55 AM
I think it's the best idea ever.

My best friend did that... MSF, learned the mechanics and how the bike works. Then... track, and has been racing since. She is one of the best riders I know. Not the fastest out there, but certainly one of the most smooth.

Now, why is it you have these concerns and haven't sat her down and talked to her about it. Are you worried the hackles will go up? Do you realize you sound like a flashback to 1952?

Because I'm 6,000+ miles away from her. I get back in three weeks and she'll want to get the bike ASAp, probably. What's a hackle? She's taken the MSF course twice and already had the "M" endorsement. The only bikes she's rode were at MSF and a 250 she was test riding for about 5 minutes. You rstory about your best friend is inspiring though. I know she can do it. I just don't want her confusing other riders on the track because she's not familiar with track riding yet. At the same time, people in Vegas can't drive for SHIT! Don't want her getting clipped by some dumb fuck, you know?

fatburg
03-04-2008, 07:56 AM
I was under the impression the beginners track days kept them pretty spread out. But I have no experience. But I think your on the right track, literally, my wife has siad the only way she'll learn is off the streets somewhere

DLIT
03-04-2008, 07:59 AM
I was under the impression the beginners track days kept them pretty spread out. But I have no experience. But I think your on the right track, literally, my wife has siad the only way she'll learn is off the streets somewhere

Yeah, they do, as far as split groups. Level 1, 2 and 3. There's also a beginners class which is $100 extra, but necessary. It'll give her a solid base to work with. I'm thinking we'll hit up some lots and/or neighborhoods to get her use to traveling at more than 10mph, like the MSF course.

fatburg
03-04-2008, 08:01 AM
Yeah, they do, as far as split groups. Level 1, 2 and 3. There's also a beginners class which is $100 extra, but necessary. It'll give her a solid base to work with. I'm thinking we'll hit up some lots and/or neighborhoods to get her use to traveling at more than 10mph, like the MSF course.

Let me recommend industrial parks on the weekend. The one here has a lot of nice big curves, a couple of traffic circles and stuff, and it is absolutely DEAD on the weekends.

DLIT
03-04-2008, 08:11 AM
Let me recommend industrial parks on the weekend. The one here has a lot of nice big curves, a couple of traffic circles and stuff, and it is absolutely DEAD on the weekends.

The ones we have are always busy. Zortness and I will figure it out.

azoomm
03-04-2008, 08:17 AM
Because I'm 6,000+ miles away from her. I get back in three weeks and she'll want to get the bike ASAp, probably. What's a hackle? She's taken the MSF course twice and already had the "M" endorsement. The only bikes she's rode were at MSF and a 250 she was test riding for about 5 minutes. You rstory about your best friend is inspiring though. I know she can do it. I just don't want her confusing other riders on the track because she's not familiar with track riding yet. At the same time, people in Vegas can't drive for SHIT! Don't want her getting clipped by some dumb fuck, you know?

I get it.

A hackle is what happens to a cat when it sees something it doesn't like... many women do it when they feel challenged. They go on the defensive, then there isn't anything you can tell them on the planet that will change their mind... maybe buy them new shoes at that point... :shrug:

Any trackday company worth their salt will recognize the help she needs and give it to her. That goes for any new rider, male or female. Most of those can be spotted in the pit area, and REALLY on the round-robins... the death grip, the elbows, hell... you can even see them holding their breath.

The track isn't about speed, it's about control. And, I can't think of a better place for someone to learn about riding at speed. If anything it will get her more comfortable with the bike, the balance, how it maneuvers, etc.

The track isn't more dangerous... it's more expensive.

DLIT
03-04-2008, 08:24 AM
I get it.

A hackle is what happens to a cat when it sees something it doesn't like... many women do it when they feel challenged. They go on the defensive, then there isn't anything you can tell them on the planet that will change their mind... maybe buy them new shoes at that point... :shrug:

Any trackday company worth their salt will recognize the help she needs and give it to her. That goes for any new rider, male or female. Most of those can be spotted in the pit area, and REALLY on the round-robins... the death grip, the elbows, hell... you can even see them holding their breath.

The track isn't about speed, it's about control. And, I can't think of a better place for someone to learn about riding at speed. If anything it will get her more comfortable with the bike, the balance, how it maneuvers, etc.

The track isn't more dangerous... it's more expensive.

I've seen many hackles then. I've been telling her it's not about speed. I put down 1:30's and my buddy is still in the 2:10's. I told her she can follow him.:lol: He's done quite a few track days. I just gotta make sure I'm not too anal, for lack of a better term. She doesn't need me in her ear all day, when the TD host is telling her the same thing. It'll be cool as hell to see her out there though. I'm smiling about it already.

Trip
03-04-2008, 08:26 AM
I would let her decide, if she thought she was comfortable enough to ride on street than you should let her. If not throw her into N, the track marshalls will keep her safe. I would at least find somewhere deserted to practice a little before though. Do ya'll not have some high school parking lots around there that would be empty in the evening to use?

DLIT
03-04-2008, 08:30 AM
I would let her decide, if she thought she was comfortable enough to ride on street than you should let her. If not throw her into N, the track marshalls will keep her safe. I would at least find somewhere deserted to practice a little before though. Do ya'll not have some high school parking lots around there that would be empty in the evening to use?

That's what I want to happen. Hit up some vacant lots or neighborhoods and get some practice in. About letting her decide. She doesn't know what to expect on the streets. She's not on the local forum reading about all these deaths (two between Friday and today. Two in the same day when I was riding to work one day). I'm pretty sure, with the help of some friends, we can convince her to go the track route. It's just WAYYYYY safer. And if a wreck does happen, there's no chance of getting run over by a truck once she gets off.

Trip
03-04-2008, 08:53 AM
That's what I want to happen. Hit up some vacant lots or neighborhoods and get some practice in. About letting her decide. She doesn't know what to expect on the streets. She's not on the local forum reading about all these deaths (two between Friday and today. Two in the same day when I was riding to work one day). I'm pretty sure, with the help of some friends, we can convince her to go the track route. It's just WAYYYYY safer. And if a wreck does happen, there's no chance of getting run over by a truck once she gets off.

Seriously, you put yourself out there in the same crap. She could die tomorrow from getting shot by a nutjob in the grocery store. Sometimes you got to let go and live life and not worry about the rest of that crap. Bad shit happens everyday and you keeping her off of streets isn't going to keep here around any longer. I am a stronger believer in when it's your time to die, your going to die.

marko138
03-04-2008, 09:00 AM
I think she'll be alright. It's gonna be more about her than the others on the track...you know how it works out there. Just make sure she's comfortable on teh bike at reasonable speed and I think she'll be fine.

azoomm
03-04-2008, 09:05 AM

What are you doing in October?

www.femmoto.com

I control ride for them.... it's the largest women's event in the country. Every manufacturer shows up to let us demo their rides.

Tell her she has to get some seat time on the track before she comes...

DLIT
03-04-2008, 09:18 AM
What are you doing in October?

www.femmoto.com

I control ride for them.... it's the largest women's event in the country. Every manufacturer shows up to let us demo their rides.

Tell her she has to get some seat time on the track before she comes...

Hell yeah! $135 for the 3rd is an awesome price. We're use to paying close to $200 for TDs in Vegas. She should be spun up by October. Won't be fast, but she'll be use to the track ettiquette(?) by then.

DLIT
03-04-2008, 09:20 AM
Seriously, you put yourself out there in the same crap. She could die tomorrow from getting shot by a nutjob in the grocery store. Sometimes you got to let go and live life and not worry about the rest of that crap. Bad shit happens everyday and you keeping her off of streets isn't going to keep here around any longer. I am a stronger believer in when it's your time to die, your going to die.

I don't ride street anymore. I hear what you're saying, but you don't know how people drive in Vegas. Half the people are drunk and it's not uncommon to see at least one guy blow a stop sign or red light on the way to/from work. IT'S BAD!! I don't exagerate either. The track's the best way to go. We'll register it in case we want to go somewhere together or in a group, but that won't be often.

azoomm
03-04-2008, 09:21 AM
Hell yeah! $135 for the 3rd is an awesome price. We're use to paying close to $200 for TDs in Vegas. She should be spun up by October. Won't be fast, but she'll be use to the track ettiquette(?) by then.

It's not a trackday. It's not fast. BUT, I highly recommend her get out there first. Hell, last year I was bodyblocking more than control riding... on a SCOOTER :lmao: This is two years ago:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b56/azoomm/Me/eIMG_4020.jpg

DLIT
03-04-2008, 09:25 AM
She should be fine before October. My first track day will be on the 26th of April. Depending on how fast we can get her geared up, she may tag along, level 1 plus class.

Trip
03-04-2008, 09:27 AM
I don't ride street anymore. I hear what you're saying, but you don't know how people drive in Vegas. Half the people are drunk and it's not uncommon to see at least one guy blow a stop sign or red light on the way to/from work. IT'S BAD!! I don't exagerate either. The track's the best way to go. We'll register it in case we want to go somewhere together or in a group, but that won't be often.

If you no longer ride street anymore, that makes much more sense. You should take her on some of those rural roads you guys ride though. I could never give up the street entirely. I enjoy riding too much.

DLIT
03-04-2008, 09:31 AM
If you no longer ride street anymore, that makes much more sense. You should take her on some of those rural roads you guys ride though. I could never give up the street entirely. I enjoy riding too much.

I love riding anywhere too, especially the twisties out here and in SoCal! But I have a shitload of fun at the track. I'm not selling my street plastics, if you know what I mean. Just won't ride on the street unless I'm too broke to hit up a track day, and that's still a maybe.

OTB
03-04-2008, 09:32 AM
Not sure I should post this; but it's the truth, so what the heck.

I have a friend of mine who rode for a few years, and wife wanted to learn. They bought a used bike, and after a couple of weeks and an MSF course, they were practicing in a parking lot. She went down at about 5 mph, fell funny, and she has been paralyzed from the waist down since.

I am not trying to freak you out. Just the opposite. What this example illustrates (for me) is that IT DOESN'T MATTER how hard we want to protect those that we love; if something is going to happen, it's going to happen. Doesn't matter if it's in a parking lot, on the track or falling off a bloody ladder, or slipping in the tub. In the mean time, we enjoy what time we have and strive to be better.

You and your bride need to sit down to talk. Face to face. You, to vent your fears, she to understand them, and you will also find out that she likely shares the same fears for you.

This from a guy sitting in the middle of a couple million pounds of live ordnance. Ever think how silly this sounds. Sheeshe.

DLIT
03-04-2008, 09:36 AM
Not sure I should post this; but it's the truth, so what the heck.

I have a friend of mine who rode for a few years, and wife wanted to learn. They bought a used bike, and after a couple of weeks and an MSF course, they were practicing in a parking lot. She went down at about 5 mph, fell funny, and she has been paralyzed from the waist down since.

I am not trying to freak you out. Just the opposite. What this example illustrates (for me) is that IT DOESN'T MATTER how hard we want to protect those that we love; if something is going to happen, it's going to happen. Doesn't matter if it's in a parking lot, on the track or falling off a bloody ladder, or slipping in the tub. In the mean time, we enjoy what time we have and strive to be better.

You and your bride need to sit down to talk. Face to face. You, to vent your fears, she to understand them, and you will also find out that she likely shares the same fears for you.

This from a guy sitting in the middle of a couple million pounds of live ordnance. Ever think how silly this sounds. Sheeshe.

I'm aware of that and also aware that shit like that barely happens. Getting hit by a cage on the streets is more likely. There's risks with everything. The risk is a lot less riding on the track. I can respect that crazy shit like that can happen, but it's less common than the risks involved with driving on the streets in Vegas, trust me.

Couple million pounds of live ordinance, :lol:

fpzx10
03-04-2008, 10:02 AM
I have to agree with your logic. The track is a much more controlled environment. You worry about her getting scared when someone passes her on the track, but passing (no matter how close) is expected. It is much easier to deal with that than the unexpected oncoming left turn, the no-look merge, or the old lady pulling out of her driveway.

Ultimately, it is her call. If she is willing to take the risk of street riding, you have to respect that.

Also, you talk about being anal. You should help her with the basics and that's it. Overly critiquing you wife will cause nothing but problems. Sit back, let Zort do more of the instructing and you do more of the encouraging.

the chi
03-04-2008, 10:32 AM
Im with FP on this one...let her make her own decisions.

Taking her to the track to learn is an awesome choice and you cant go wrong. But its her call on whether to street ride. If shes anything like me, if you said you dont want her to do it or its too dangerous, she'll do it just out of sheer stubbornness!

Depending on the type of woman she is, you may need to sit back and NOT CRITIQUE her at all. Let the instructors do what theyre being paid for and let them teach her what she needs to know. From my own experience and helping others with the basics, it comes across alot better from an outside party than someone close to you when you are trying to learn these skills. Having a naggin hubby or one who means well but wont shut up just isnt a good way to go about it. She may feel pushed or pressured...and then the love for what she's doing wont be there.

Good luck, keep us posted!

OTB
03-04-2008, 10:39 AM
For most couples:

Husband as Teacher, Critic, Instructor = Many nights on sofa.

Husband as Cheerleader and Riding Partner= Marital Bliss

It has been my experience that women do better with ANYBODY else as their Riding Coach/Instructor than a BF/Husband....too much emotional stuff at stake for both parties.

For the woman; It's "I KNOW I can DO this; Just Stop YELLING At Me!!!!"

For the Guy; "This is so SIMPLE, WHY can't you RELAX AND DO WHAT I TELL YOU!!!!!!!!!!"

the chi
03-04-2008, 10:41 AM
For most couples:

It has been my experience that women do better with ANYBODY else as their Riding Coach/Instructor than a BF/Husband....too much emotional stuff at stake for both parties.

For the woman; It's I KNOW I can DO this; Just Stop YELLING At Me!!!!

For the Guy; This is so SIMPLE, WHY can't you RELAX AND DO WHAT I TELL YOU!!!!!!!!!!

and the KING speaks!!! Thats is EXACTLY what happens!!!

(Of course on a more negative side note, when actually riding and hubby irritates wife by pushing her, she may end up in a ditch...seen it first hand (she was okay but PISSED)...then no more riding for either of them!!)

zortness
03-04-2008, 12:33 PM
All good info on here. Like D said, I'm sort of in the same boat. My wife wants to ride as well, and has her M license, but she's only ridden a street bike for those few days at Femmoto last year when she took the MSF. I've been taking her out in the dirt just so she can practice shifting and stuff, but it's not the road.

When you get back D, we'll have to go up to Utah or something, buy a pair of 250's, and then take the girls out somewhere so they can get more comfortable. That's the best I can come up with. I'm not putting my wife on the streets here... it's seriously the equivalent of putting someone in front of a firing squad and hoping the guns misfire.

We can take the girls out on the dirtbikes too if you want. They're easy to ride.

pickle.of.doom
03-04-2008, 01:37 PM
D, with a lot of track day organizations you can get an instructor to work with her all day long. Depending on what group it is, there either Wont be passing allowed at all in Beginner for the first few sessions, and then only on the straights after that, or what would be even better is if its a beginner group where you can't pass until the instructor waves you by. If she had an instructor tagging along with her all day, they would only be passed when waved on, and nobody passes close to the staff. Just hit the group of instructors up before the first session of the day and let them know she is new and would like to be worked with, and more than likely they will be happy to do so.

dReWpY
03-04-2008, 05:59 PM
i never taught pc to ride, i bought her a msf class and took it with her, were split up from day one, and it was for the best, let the teachers do the teaching, im her biggest cheerleader and she is one of the best riding partners i have

Captain Morgan
03-04-2008, 07:00 PM
Some TD companies have a complete beginner course, where there is NO passing allowed, at least for the first session. However, they classify the groups in class 1. One group will be complete noobs and they start at the back of the pack. The group of more experienced noobs usually won't catch up to the last pack in the first session. They will usually let you pass in the second session, but you are only passing another group of riders. Each group has their own instructor. If one group wants to pass, they do it on the straight, but only by following the instructor and staying within their spot in the group. This is the type of TD you want to find for your wife.

Other TD's have 3 classes, and each class can pass, but they limit class 1 to passing on the outside only. These are usually the TD's without any instructors, even for class 1...just get out there and ride. I don't think this would be a good idea for your wife, but I don't think you would do that to her.

If she has the basics down, I'd say get her out there. Just don't be the guy who is constantly ragging on her and telling her what she's doing wrong. Be as supportive as possible and I bet she'll have a great time.

DLIT
03-04-2008, 09:32 PM
All good info on here. Like D said, I'm sort of in the same boat. My wife wants to ride as well, and has her M license, but she's only ridden a street bike for those few days at Femmoto last year when she took the MSF. I've been taking her out in the dirt just so she can practice shifting and stuff, but it's not the road.

When you get back D, we'll have to go up to Utah or something, buy a pair of 250's, and then take the girls out somewhere so they can get more comfortable. That's the best I can come up with. I'm not putting my wife on the streets here... it's seriously the equivalent of putting someone in front of a firing squad and hoping the guns misfire.

We can take the girls out on the dirtbikes too if you want. They're easy to ride.

I think they'll be some times where we take some rides around Vegas, just not too many. I do want her to be a little more comfortable on the bike before she heads right onto the track. In and around Aliante are some decent roads to practice starting from a stop and turning at the same time. There's plenty of streets around where we live for her to get practice. We really don't need to go all the way to Utah, but I'm down anyway. I think I shold just get back to Vegas and go from there. I'm going to get a hold of some TD hosts and see what they think.

ceo012384
03-05-2008, 01:14 AM
She should definitely not get on a track until she has some decent seat time in my opinion. Unless you are going to rent the whole track out for her by herself.

Even in the beginner group at the track days I do, which are very relaxed and have lots of passing restrictions, I couldn't even imagine trying to get out there when I had just started riding. It would have been very dangerous.

The most important thing would be for her to take her MSF, and then practice all of those techniques in parking lots and on non-crowded streets. Those first 2500 miles of street riding were invaluable in preparing me to go to the track for the first time.

DLIT
03-05-2008, 03:56 AM
I think that's what the plan is gonna be. Ride street until she gets comfortable on it, then track it. By the time I did my first track day, I had been riding street for so long, I had no problems passing people. I actually got black-flagged my second session out for passing in a turn I couldn't pass in. She won't be anywhere near that, but at least she'll know how to handle the bike.

Gas Man
03-05-2008, 12:05 PM
For most couples:

For the woman; It's "I KNOW I can DO this; Just Stop YELLING At Me!!!!"

For the Guy; "This is so SIMPLE, WHY can't you RELAX AND DO WHAT I TELL YOU!!!!!!!!!!"

This is NOT how it went with me. But I'm the exception. I'm a great teacher and spent countless hours with her. Plus parking lot and constantly tell her things as they happen when we ride. She started with reading, got her permit, parking lot lessons, more reading, more talk, parking lot, street, street, MSF, street, ct...

We all remember this?
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/cjclark69/Sportster/Lessons/03-13.jpg
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/cjclark69/Sportster/Lessons/03-15.jpg

Next came the MSF
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/cjclark69/Riding/July2007023.jpg

And yes I played the supporting roll too
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/cjclark69/Riding/July2007019.jpg

And we were off to riding adventures
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/cjclark69/Riding/04-2.jpg
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/cjclark69/Riding/04-1.jpg
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/cjclark69/Riding/Uma009.jpg

But again, I have been to track school, and countless hours of safety driving at work. Enough to be an instructor at most places. Is the track a good idea? YES. Should you limit it there? No... but that is a case by case basis.

Trip
03-05-2008, 12:06 PM
She looks so happy on that bike. Good job GM. I hope I can get A just as interested.

Gas Man
03-05-2008, 12:13 PM
She is great on it. I just fear I will have to partially start all over again this year... she didn't have enough miles last year... so the winter will hurt her progress but if she takes it slow it will all come back.

dReWpY
03-05-2008, 12:39 PM
riding with your so is fucking awesome, have an so that can keep up on almost all the rides except when we get stupid =THE SHIT

Gas Man
03-05-2008, 12:54 PM
Oh yeah... I get almost gitty when riding behind her and watching her go thru the motions... its awesome!

azoomm
03-05-2008, 01:12 PM
But again, I have been to track school, and countless hours of safety driving at work. Enough to be an instructor at most places. Is the track a good idea? YES. Should you limit it there? No... but that is a case by case basis.

:dthumb:

My ex-husband was anything but helpful. Though, maybe he helped best by pissing me off and making me want to be better at it than him...

DLIT
03-06-2008, 02:56 AM
Oh yeah... I get almost gitty when riding behind her and watching her go thru the motions... its awesome!

I hear ya. She test-rode a 250 one day and she took off without letting me know. I had to get on my bike to catch her. It was just around the block. She didn't put a helmet on. I yelled at her about that shit. I forgave her though, due to her HUGE smile on her face. She's gonna love riding.

Mr Lefty
03-06-2008, 03:14 AM
I hear ya. She test-rode a 250 one day and she took off without letting me know. I had to get on my bike to catch her. It was just around the block. She didn't put a helmet on. I yelled at her about that shit. I forgave her though, due to her HUGE smile on her face. She's gonna love riding.

and the BJ afterwards

maybe you should consider living out away from the city a bit to help give her more areas that are safe(r) to ride... :idk:

DLIT
03-06-2008, 03:16 AM
and the BJ afterwards

maybe you should consider living out away from the city a bit to help give her more areas that are safe(r) to ride... :idk:

Maybe you should pay me gas money then.

Mr Lefty
03-06-2008, 03:21 AM
Maybe you should pay me gas money then.

I'm just saying... it'd give her a safer place to ride... isn't that worth the extra gas money? :idk:

DLIT
03-06-2008, 03:22 AM
I'm just saying... it'd give her a safer place to ride... isn't that worth the extra gas money? :idk:

No. The neighborhood we live in now is safe enough.

Mr Lefty
03-06-2008, 03:28 AM
No. The neighborhood we live in now is safe enough.

ahh ok... then I understand

DLIT
03-06-2008, 03:36 AM
ahh ok... then I understand

Stop sucking heavyweight dicks.

Cutty72
03-06-2008, 02:04 PM

:iagree: ditto

vabarber2
03-08-2008, 02:34 PM
Women are naturaly more cautious when it comes to safety so she'll let you know wether or not she feels confident that she can do it after watching a pass or two! But thats a great idea! I think I'll have my so do the same!

lauralynne
03-08-2008, 06:57 PM
[QUOTE=azoomm;7304]I think it's the best idea ever.

My best friend did that... MSF, learned the mechanics and how the bike works. Then... track, and has been racing since. She is one of the best riders I know. Not the fastest out there, but certainly one of the most smooth.[QUOTE]

*waving* that's me! MSF and then raced...back of the pack but raced. I street ride too now on a semi-regular (sunny) basis. And I'm not back of the pack. near back. but not back :rockout:

itgirl
03-09-2008, 09:08 PM
gotta let the lady decide where she wants to ride. just my $.02, it's your marriage.

Carolina
03-09-2008, 09:12 PM
yeah the track is a pretty bad place I watched those HBO Specials hope yall make a lot of money

:ps::jerry:

ceo012384
03-09-2008, 11:00 PM
Stop sucking heavyweight dicks.
:rf:

DLIT
03-09-2008, 11:57 PM
gotta let the lady decide where she wants to ride. just my $.02, it's your marriage.

That's what I'm doing. I'm not gonna force her. She wants to ride on the street first.

Katherine
03-14-2008, 02:35 PM
DLIT, my advice would be to let her go her own pace. She'll decide what she's most comfortable with. I've seen some of my friends push their SOs too hard and as a result, the SOs decided riding wasn't worth stressing their relationships.

DLIT
03-14-2008, 06:34 PM
DLIT, my advice would be to let her go her own pace. She'll decide what she's most comfortable with. I've seen some of my friends push their SOs too hard and as a result, the SOs decided riding wasn't worth stressing their relationships.

That's what I'm doing. She's thinking of buying used, but there aren't many used '08 250Rs for sale yet.

itgirl
03-14-2008, 06:56 PM
That's what I'm doing. I'm not gonna force her. She wants to ride on the street first.

smart fella. :dthumb: