PDA

View Full Version : GOOD TIMES FOR A LIFE TIME Share your ride

Nighthawk
03-04-2008, 02:04 PM
Having been in Arizona and away from family for the last 18 years, it was great to get to know everybody again or for the first time. During an Iron Butt ride around Michigan with my dad, brother and Drewpy we came to a really nice straightand long section of road. Well dad was out front Drewpy and I were almost side by side behind him with Steve behind us. I looked over at Drewpy and gave him the “LETS GET GRAMPS” :evil:sign. He didn’t know what happened. Andrew and I passed him one on each side and kept on going. A couple of seconds later he was passing me and hunting down Drewpy who was in full tuck and banging on his red line. Well the 73 year old man was sitting up as if driving Miss Daisy and was catching up to him. Drewpy later said he could not believe gramps was gaining on him:idk:. Mean while Steve was back about 2 miles getting PISSED on his 600 Honda Shadow maxed out at 72MPH. :fu2:

GOOD TIMES FOR A LIFE TIME

fpzx10
03-04-2008, 02:10 PM
Awesome story.

Captain Morgan
03-04-2008, 02:44 PM
What was everyone riding?

Nighthawk
03-04-2008, 02:52 PM
I was riding a BMW R1100RS 125 max, Drewpy was on his 636 and gramps was on ST1300

marko138
03-04-2008, 02:53 PM
Awesome.

dReWpY
03-04-2008, 05:14 PM
i vowed to get a busa after that.... or a rc

dReWpY
03-04-2008, 05:40 PM
Mine has to be a few different rides:

in no preticular order:

The first time i went to deals gap with the nighthawk gramps and my uncle to ride, we met up with trip and jeeps, first time i really got to ride really good roads with awesome company, following jeeps was something everyone should experiance.. fucking nuts, i saw asphlalt surfing at its finest, so smooth... at we stopped alot to gather our riders which was nice to sit and bullshit

Riding with pc for the first time, even though she went down, she was a trooper and got right back up, that was a big thing, she actually loved what she was doing and not just doing it to make me happy. also the first time pc started to pull away from me in the twistys when i had a bald tire, never underestimate a 1985 rebel, it will own you if you do...

The ride the mexican restuarnt was something that sticks out in my mind, its like what five miles away, but its still really cool to gear up and each of us go to dinner on our own bikes, makes for good wheelie practice time too

dReWpY
03-04-2008, 05:41 PM
so you fuckers better post up your good rides, if not the bunny will steal your souls->:bunny:

OneSickPsycho
03-04-2008, 09:15 PM
555 when I first got my Buell... I was pushing hard... hard for me at the time... and I hit gravel, slid both tires, and stayed rubber side down... It gave me the respect I needed at the time.

The West Virginia and Canada rides. WVA was better road-wise, but Canada was epic. Both really solidified why I had a renewed interest in motorcycles... the freedom... the road... the experience.

dReWpY
03-04-2008, 09:50 PM
:cheers: puking in the church

OneSickPsycho
03-04-2008, 09:52 PM
:cheers: puking in the church

"Dang that's good!" :rofl:

Iv
03-04-2008, 09:54 PM
Turn one Jennings GP, got it leaned over started dragging knee felt the bike start to fall ontop of me and the rear start to get slippery, about shit my pants and got on the gas passed on the outside of the guy infront of me.

Cutty72
03-06-2008, 05:20 PM
Seeing the determination in my gf to improve her riding the first summer we rode together.
She was on the 250... thought she was ready to get a bigger bike after about 5 months of riding.
I tossed her my keys, took hers, and told her to keep up.
She did ok in the straights, but did not have the confidance through the corners.
After that, I noticed her working a lot harder at leaning in the corners, and concentrating more over all.
It's just great being able to share the passion.

Mr Lefty
03-06-2008, 10:38 PM
ask me again in October :lol:

itgirl
03-06-2008, 10:41 PM
i'm easy to please. any time i get to ride makes a good ride.

pickle.of.doom
03-06-2008, 10:56 PM
Used to take a trip up to Norhthern MI every year with a group of friends, ranging from 3 of us to about 10 of us. Great times for sure. Too many wild mammories, err memories to go into, but this pic always makes me think of it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/bakedpickle/000_0102.jpg

"Fuck you all, From Howell, Annual Stoners Trip (1,2,3,4,5,6)"

t-homo
03-06-2008, 11:53 PM
I'm with itgirl, anytime I ride its a good one. Favorite was probably the first time I hit the twisties. It was me, a good friend on a 600rr, and my neighbor and good friend on a 750.