PDA

View Full Version : 2001 Suzuki TL1000R vs. 2002 Honda CBR 954RR... another biased comparison.

OneSickPsycho
11-22-2008, 05:01 PM
I'm going to try to set this up like the Buell/Honda comparo I did a while ago...

Presence - Winner - TLR
Being a streetfighter guy, I think both of these bikes could use a good amount of Dremeling and some rattle can flat black paint... however, I can honestly say that the CBR probably just looks better. It's got harder lines and looks faster than the TLR. Now, there's nothing that OSP likes more than a chick with a nice fat ass... really, I do. The thing is, I am not too keen on a bike with a fat ass... and the TLR's rockin' some Oprah sized booty. Too much.

I will say this for the TLR though... the exhaust looks hot from the rear.

Now, part of presence is obviously sound. No comparison. The CBR sounds really fast, but the TLR sounds really PISSED OFF. The Yosh pipes really set it off and let that V-twin sing... Such a glorious tune it is. Simply from pure sound alone the TLR wins with overall presence.

Ergonomics - Winner - TLR
I was very surprised by the CBR in terms of comfort. Riding from Colorado Springs into NM, then over to Deal's Gap within 5 days certainly didn't sound like a good idea on that bike, but I'll be damned if it was pretty comfortable.

On the other hand the TLR just seems to fit me better. The seat to bar distance feels longer and the pegs don't feel so close to the seat. Overall, I just feel more stretched out on the TLR. The riding position in general feels more relaxed, but I've only put about 80 miles on it so it's hard to say how it will feel for the long haul.

It's worth noting as well that the CBR's seat is like a wrapped up hunk of concrete, but the TLR's is a little more plush. Again though, without putting a ton of miles on it, it's hard to say with any certainty... for now, the TLR is more comfortable.

Handling - Winner - TLR
Really it's not a fair comparison here. The CBR's fork seal started leaking before I even made it to The Gap, so I never got a true read for how well it should have handled. Combine that with the factory squared rear tire and the CBR was fighting a losing battle. I can say with certain confidence that the CBR would have been a great handling machine in prime condition... it was plenty capable even with it's issues.

To be fair, I don't really have enough time on the TLR to really support this, but I think it seems like a much more stable machine in the turns. It turns in quick enough, but just locks into a line like a pitbull on a toddler. When I first got onto the on ramp after acquiring the TLR I turned in and thought to myself, "This will certainly be the machine I first drag knee with." Very confidence inspiring.

Drivetrain - Winner - CBR
In reality, both the CBR and the TLR have slick shifting gearboxes that just scream high quality... The CBR just seems to shift a little easier, but that could simply be my lack of miles on the TLR.

Another difference comes with driveline lash. Both bikes suffer from it, but the TLR seems to handle it a little better. Again though, maybe it's just my inexperience with this bike.

In the event that more miles changes any of these thoughts, I'll be sure to update this thread.

Engine - Winner - TLR
Man, how drastically different these bikes are. When I first rode the TLR, it felt really, really SLOW... As much as it pains me to admit it, I was growing fond of the top end rush that the I4 provides. That being said, 10 minutes later I was over that shit and had a rock hard erection for the V-Twin.

I feel pretty confident that if I put the TLR on a diet and do a little tweaking, I won't miss the 15HP deficit the Honda creates. That being said, the damn TLR just sings and pulls like someone's sticking red hot razor blades up it's tailpipe. Me likey.

Overall - Winner - TLR
Damn it feels good to be back on a V-twin. The torque, the wicked vibrations, the SOUND... All motorcycles should be V-twins... or at least all motorcycle riders should at least experience a V-twin at some point in time. Best street machines ever conceived.

The TLR seems to fit me better in just about every way over the CBR... physically and more importantly, emotionally. This may be a motorcycle that I have to keep forever.

marko138
11-22-2008, 05:04 PM
I love your biased comparo's. I also love Vtwins...so...:idk: But I have a hard time believing the CBR is out handled by the TLR. But...I've never ridden a CBR.

VTWIN FTMFW!

OneSickPsycho
11-22-2008, 05:08 PM
I love your biased comparo's. I also love Vtwins...so...:idk: But I have a hard time believing the CBR is out handled by the TLR. But...I've never ridden a CBR.

VTWIN FTMFW!

Yeah, I'd be interested in riding another 954 to see the difference... you know, one with fork oil and good tires.

Ninjakel
11-22-2008, 05:15 PM
congrats! TLR's are awesome!!!

Amber Lamps
11-22-2008, 05:17 PM
I'm really glad that you like it buddy! I wish you could have given the SV1000 a try tho'. I've ridden both and I really liked the more "standard" feel of the SV,I've never been a big fan of the radial shock.

Dave
11-22-2008, 05:21 PM
Yeah, I'd be interested in riding another 954 to see the difference... you know, one with fork oil and good tires.

come north sometime :dthumb: im glad you found a bike that fits you better bro

OneSickPsycho
11-22-2008, 05:26 PM
I'm really glad that you like it buddy! I wish you could have given the SV1000 a try tho'. I've ridden both and I really liked the more "standard" feel of the SV,I've never been a big fan of the radial shock.

I was actually going to meet up with a guy this weekend who had an '03 SV1k... the non-faired one... Had that guy not blown me off until tomorrow it may have been a different story. I was honestly considering holding out until I got to check out the SV, but after I rode the TLR it was over... I was sold.

Gas Man
11-22-2008, 05:45 PM
Dude... seroiusly... I don't even have to read the comparo... v-twins will always win!!

marko138
11-22-2008, 05:46 PM
Dude... seroiusly... I don't even have to read the comparo... v-twins will always win!!
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and agree with this statement.

Dave
11-22-2008, 06:14 PM

hang on a sec, my eyes got stuck at the top mid roll

Racerboy
11-22-2008, 08:52 PM
I had mt TLR for 2+ years...its was a great bike!! A bit heavy but comfortable like no other bike I have ever owned.

Dnyce
11-22-2008, 09:03 PM
hang on a sec, my eyes got stuck at the top mid roll

gd thing u got a i4, cuz would take one hell of a vtwin to produce the power needed to fix your eyes

im not a vtwin hater, but im not a blind follower lol

marko138
11-22-2008, 09:07 PM
gd thing u got a i4, cuz would take one hell of a vtwin to produce the power needed to fix your eyes

im not a vtwin hater, but im not a blind follower lol
I'm not a blind follower. Can't say Gas is either or OSP. We've all ridden both I4 and Twins. And so have many people. Vtwins are great engines.

Ninjakel
11-22-2008, 09:08 PM
And I'd venture to say that people who own the TL's and the twins are opposite of the followers.

marko138
11-22-2008, 09:15 PM
And I'd venture to say that people who own the TL's and the twins are opposite of the followers.
Good point.

Dnyce
11-22-2008, 09:17 PM

blind follower was just fuckin with gas about that statement, ive internetually known u guys long enough to know u arent tards when it comes to bikes

the tlr is badass, id trade my gsxr for one

OneSickPsycho
11-22-2008, 09:17 PM

Absolutely. I remember the naysayers when I bought my Buell... Fuck 'em... If I had the money, I'd buy one again!

marko138
11-22-2008, 09:20 PM
the tlr is badass, id trade my gsxr for one

Now your talking like a rational individual.

Absolutely. I remember the naysayers when I bought my Buell... Fuck 'em... If I had the money, I'd buy one again!
My next rig might be another Buell. I'm no where near ready to get rid of the XB...but should a better option of mufflers come out...the 1125 might be next. Either that or a Duc Hyper.

OneSickPsycho
11-22-2008, 09:23 PM

My next rig might be another Buell. I'm no where near ready to get rid of the XB...but should a better option of mufflers come out...the 1125 might be next. Either that or a Duc Hyper.

I masturbate frequently to my Xaus/Hypermotard desktop image... I rode with a guy on a HM one time... I think he had Termi pipes... it sounded badass either way... I licked the headlight and he got pissed. It was tasty.

marko138
11-22-2008, 09:24 PM
I masturbate frequently to my Xaus/Hypermotard desktop image... I rode with a guy on a HM one time... I think he had Termi pipes... it sounded badass either way... I licked the headlight and he got pissed. It was tasty.
I heard a 1098 and a 848 both with Termi's recently...sounded like the bike was going to kill you. I like that in a motorcycle.

Dnyce
11-22-2008, 09:26 PM

damn vtwin'ers lol

only cuz i got a bike strictly for drag racing now-wouldnt even think of the tlr for pullin double duty

that buell u got id trade the gsxr for too, both look gd, black and yellow, black and gold...hmmm daytona 675 se is on that trade list too.

osp-u planning on changing anything besides exhaust?

marko138
11-22-2008, 09:27 PM
damn vtwin'ers lol

only cuz i got a bike strictly for drag racing now-wouldnt even think of the tlr for pullin double duty

that buell u got id trade the gsxr for too, both look gd, black and yellow, black and gold...hmmm daytona 675 se is on that trade list too.

The yellow 675 is bad ass.

I wouldn't trade my Buell for ANY I4. No way no how.

OneSickPsycho
11-22-2008, 09:47 PM
damn vtwin'ers lol

Yes... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYRajKfZYb0

And I think I'm going to try to sell off the plastics... maybe get some track glass and rig up some easily removable headlight/taillight/signal combo... Flat black with glossy black graphics... Not sure what the theme will be though... Hell I might get all the plastics off and fall in love with it as is...

Stainless lines are certainly in the cards... and new fucking tires. Dunslop 208's on it now... Probably SS pads when I get the lines... Maybe rearsets... I dunno...

JoJoYZF
11-22-2008, 09:57 PM
I heard a 1098 and a 848 both with Termi's recently...sounded like the bike was going to kill you. I like that in a motorcycle.

If I can some how afford one when I start shopping Id love to get a 848. One of the few twins that Id love to have.

marko138
11-22-2008, 09:58 PM
If I can some how afford one when I start shopping Id love to get a 848. One of the few twins that Id love to have.
Fuck that bike. I'm def. getting a Hyper before that. 2nd Duc on the list is a 999...then the 1098.

OneSickPsycho
11-22-2008, 09:58 PM

I'd love to have the twin cheeks in your AV pic. You know, mounted on my face.

JoJoYZF
11-22-2008, 10:00 PM
Fuck that bike. I'm def. getting a Hyper before that. 2nd Duc on the list is a 999...then the 1098.

I figured that from you, but Im more of the full fairing type. The 1098 is a close second then the 999.

I'd love to have the twin cheeks in your AV pic. You know, mounted on my face.

Ill send her over when Im done. Have your shovel ready.

marko138
11-22-2008, 10:02 PM
I figured that from you, but Im more of the full fairing type. The 1098 is a close second then the 999.

Ill send her over when Im done. Have your shovel ready.
Fairings are just more shit to replace when you crash that bitch. :lol: I like bikes to look like they don't have enough parts to work properly.

OneSickPsycho
11-22-2008, 10:03 PM
Fairings are just more shit to replace when you crash that bitch. :lol: I like bikes to look like they don't have enough parts to work properly.

That's damn near a Jesse James quote... I fully concur.

JoJoYZF
11-22-2008, 10:04 PM

:lol: Ill give you that. I like them looks wise but I still cant quite picture myself owning one anytime soon.

marko138
11-22-2008, 10:05 PM
That's damn near a Jesse James quote... I fully concur.
You and I are on the same page.

Cutty72
11-23-2008, 12:36 AM
Truth has been spoken many times in this thread.

though I do belive that my next bike would be a I4 or a triple (750 or 675) as a track slut only.
Love the twin for the street.

marko138
11-23-2008, 01:43 PM
Truth has been spoken many times in this thread.

though I do belive that my next bike would be a I4 or a triple (750 or 675) as a track slut only.
Love the twin for the street.
Speed Triple, kid.

Mr Lefty
11-23-2008, 03:28 PM
Speed Triple, kid.

for a track day slut? why? get a cheap ass I4

Gas Man
11-23-2008, 03:41 PM
Its simple... think of all the baddest bikes... from rice to pasta to tea... all v-twins.

Dnyce
11-23-2008, 04:55 PM
Its simple... think of all the baddest bikes... from rice to pasta to tea... all v-twins.

:orly::skep: u must be :drewpy::whistle:

:lol:

hey maybe u can trade a guy with black plastics...
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa202/dnytro/tiller.jpg

but then u cant have this sweet bday cake
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa202/dnytro/2004-08-0713-02-15-TLRBirthdayCakeC.jpg

tlstreak
11-23-2008, 05:10 PM
I had a fully moded TLS, although comfy for all day. And I loved this bike. Mt current 929 in stock form whips its ass in every aspect. Roll on 929 will walk away from the twin. Stock suspension is almost better than the ohlins rear and upgraded front end on the TL. I had lighter rims for the tl and it still felt like a sled tipped over and the 929 just flicks back and forth.

I think you have a case of I love my bike.

Current ride
bone stock 929

previous twin
sv650 with cam swap, jetted, exhaust, braided line, upgrade front forks, 636 rear shock. Felt like a POS. Didnt own it a year.

Tl1000s bought new in 99
PC2
Full Ti Yosh exhaust
OZ rims
Forks with .90 springs gold valve and preload built by Pro shop
Ohlins rear shock
Harris rearsets
Braided line
EBC pro lite rotors
Sharkinz street kit
Scott Steering damper
Par Mod
Reworked wiring harness
Custom sprocket covers
Carbon screen
regeared for mountains
and probably a bunch of shit ive forgotten

Ran great, loved it to death. Was a great bike for years.

stock 929 will out run it , out perform it period. Just not as comfortable.

Dnyce
11-23-2008, 05:16 PM
isnt the tls alot dif than the tlr? 929 maybe same as 954, idk.

but he did say biased review lol

Mr Lefty
11-23-2008, 05:20 PM
what's the difference between the TLS and the TLR? :idk:

and he's said it was a bias comparison... he just likes the V-Twin. he's not saying the TLR out performs the 954... just that he prefers it.

tlstreak
11-23-2008, 05:25 PM
There not too mush difference in the 2 bikes. The engines will swap out from one to the other. R has a little better FI system. S is the lighter of the 2. R came with heavier springs in the front and a hydrolic clutch. Most switch the clutch for the S. S and R both have alot of the same internal pieces. Same clutch although earilier S did have a slightly different clutch. Clutch is a first style slipper type clutch. Works best with a set of barnett springs in it.

Both bikes need help in the FI system, either a yosh box mapping or a PC with a custom map. Rear shocks on both need to be tossed for upgrades. Wheels are bricks. A nice lighter wheel up front makes a world of difference. Wiring is too be desired. The 30 amp starter relay is an issue. It needs to be removed and upgraded or made into a solid device inside the wiring harness. Once done is bullet proof. Removing the entire wiring harness and cutting the factory crimps and soldering the entire thing will greatly improve spark and spark plug life.

I could go on for a very very long time along with a few other members on this board that I know where long time owners and heavy modders of the models.

All in all between the R and S, it mostly boiled down to who put the more tme into it.

Dnyce
11-23-2008, 05:28 PM
01 tlr
TL 1000 R 2001
Overall Length: 2 100 mm (82.6 in)
Overall Width: 740 mm (29.1 in)
Overall Height: 1 120 mm (44.0 in)
Seat Height: 825 mm (32.5 in)
Wheelbase: 1 395 mm (54.9 in)
Ground Clearance: 120 mm (4.7 in)
Dry Weight: 197 kg (434 lbs)
Engine type: Water-cooled 996 cc 4-stroke 90° V-twin, DOHC, TSCC, 8 valves. 135 hp (99,3 kW)/ 9.500 rpm, 106 Nm/ 7.500 rpm.

99tls
Overall Length: 2,065 mm (81.3 in)
Overall Width: 715 mm (28.1 in)
Overall Height: 1,175 mm (46.3 in)
Seat Height: 835 mm (32.9 in)
Wheelbase: 1,415 mm (55.7 in)
Ground Clearance: 140 mm (5.5 in)
Dry Weight: 187 kg (411 lbs)
Engine type: Water-cooled 996 cc 4-stroke 90° V-twin, DOHC, TSCC, 8 valves. 125 hp (92 kW)/ 8,500 rpm, 107.4 Nm/ 7,100 rpm.

dif frame, dif swingarm, thats just the visible stuff, so looking at this, i would assume they ride like two diff bikes, even tho alotta parts are compatible

OneSickPsycho
11-23-2008, 05:35 PM
There not too mush difference in the 2 bikes. The engines will swap out from one to the other. R has a little better FI system. S is the lighter of the 2. R came with heavier springs in the front and a hydrolic clutch. Most switch the clutch for the S. S and R both have alot of the same internal pieces. Same clutch although earilier S did have a slightly different clutch. Clutch is a first style slipper type clutch. Works best with a set of barnett springs in it.

Both bikes need help in the FI system, either a yosh box mapping or a PC with a custom map. Rear shocks on both need to be tossed for upgrades. Wheels are bricks. A nice lighter wheel up front makes a world of difference. Wiring is too be desired. The 30 amp starter relay is an issue. It needs to be removed and upgraded or made into a solid device inside the wiring harness. Once done is bullet proof. Removing the entire wiring harness and cutting the factory crimps and soldering the entire thing will greatly improve spark and spark plug life.

I could go on for a very very long time along with a few other members on this board that I know where long time owners and heavy modders of the models.

All in all between the R and S, it mostly boiled down to who put the more tme into it.

All that and you miss the biggest difference of them all... TLR and TLS have totally different chassis... Part of the reason the TLS was dubbed 'the widowmaker' was because of it's poorly designed chassis, which amoungst other things caused the bike to be unstable (and crack frames).

OneSickPsycho
11-23-2008, 05:36 PM
what's the difference between the TLS and the TLR? :idk:

and he's said it was a bias comparison... he just likes the V-Twin. he's not saying the TLR out performs the 954... just that he prefers it.

Thank you.

Dave
11-23-2008, 05:41 PM

oh really now?

http://www.italiaspeed.com/2006/cars/other/ducati/06/desmosedici_rr/103.jpg

http://z.about.com/d/motorcycles/1/0/-/Q/-/-/F4_1078RR_312_front_3-4.jpg

http://members.fortunecity.com/roadrash2/1024/honda-nr750.jpg

:whistle:

Mr Lefty
11-23-2008, 05:44 PM
mumm... DESMO... :drool:

tlstreak
11-23-2008, 05:46 PM
All that and you miss the biggest difference of them all... TLR and TLS have totally different chassis... Part of the reason the TLS was dubbed 'the widowmaker' was because of it's poorly designed chassis, which amoungst other things caused the bike to be unstable (and crack frames).

Switch the shock and the crack in the frame is gone,which wasnt the "widow maker" dub from the begining. Which is only to the 97/98 model that had the differnt ECU which is the more sought after , but didnt have the factory stabilizer on the steering. That they all have now.

The S actually won a race, the R never did.

Archren
11-23-2008, 07:09 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OncEph4Qq8

This is from last night at a local custom bike shop (ReverCorsa.com).. the video is pretty poor quality (I only had my cell phone with me), so it does NOT do the bike justice at all.

Suffice it to say.. I had a private moment in front of a lot of people when that bike was running. :drool::drool:

NONE_too_SOFT
11-23-2008, 07:20 PM
OSP, you have a problem with the mainstream. I can understand this considering your personality, but honestly it makes your bike comparisons look like comparing bottle rockets and cruise missles.

when the hell did you buy a tiller?

OneSickPsycho
11-23-2008, 07:35 PM
OSP, you have a problem with the mainstream. I can understand this considering your personality, but honestly it makes your bike comparisons look like comparing bottle rockets and cruise missles.

when the hell did you buy a tiller?

Yeah, I pretty much don't like most things other most other people really do... I've always been like that, even when I was little. :idk:

I traded a guy for it yesterday. Put almost 300 miles on her so far... Totally lovin' it. There are a few things I need to do that will hopefully help me love it more:

Set up the suspension! It's way too soft for my fat ass as is... I'm showing like 6 preload marks and I know damn full well I should probably have it totally locked down... I need to find someone who knows what their doing first and foremost...

I gotta change the oil... I think maybe some synthetic will slicken up the gearbox a bit. I got pretty spoiled with the silky smoothness of the CBR and syn made the Buell loosen up... It's not bad, just different.

I want stainless lines and some good pads stat. The feel of the brakes was much better on the CBR... of course it had stainless lines... I'm pretty sure the calipers are a big gummed up as well.

I'm considering changing the gearing a bit... Probably go up two in the back and do the 520 conversion... I hammered it in for an indicated 165 today... the fastest I've ever gone... The thing was rock solid, scary stable... In fact, I decided to hammer it when I looked down and noticed I was already at 110... felt like 80... So giving myself less top speed potential is most certainly a good idea... hmm... maybe I shoudl go down three.

NONE_too_SOFT
11-23-2008, 07:39 PM
Yeah, I pretty much don't like most things other most other people really do... I've always been like that, even when I was little. :idk:

I traded a guy for it yesterday. Put almost 300 miles on her so far... Totally lovin' it. There are a few things I need to do that will hopefully help me love it more:

Set up the suspension! It's way too soft for my fat ass as is... I'm showing like 6 preload marks and I know damn full well I should probably have it totally locked down... I need to find someone who knows what their doing first and foremost...

I gotta change the oil... I think maybe some synthetic will slicken up the gearbox a bit. I got pretty spoiled with the silky smoothness of the CBR and syn made the Buell loosen up... It's not bad, just different.

I want stainless lines and some good pads stat. The feel of the brakes was much better on the CBR... of course it had stainless lines... I'm pretty sure the calipers are a big gummed up as well.

I'm considering changing the gearing a bit... Probably go up two in the back and do the 520 conversion... I hammered it in for an indicated 165 today... the fastest I've ever gone... The thing was rock solid, scary stable... In fact, I decided to hammer it when I looked down and noticed I was already at 110... felt like 80... So giving myself less top speed potential is most certainly a good idea... hmm... maybe I shoudl go down three.

maybe you should go to the track with it. U do know a bike is more stable the faster you go, corrects?

Mr Lefty
11-23-2008, 07:39 PM
damn those things are wheelie machines and your gonna GO DOWN?!

also remember for your road trips that's gonna murder your range and fuel economy :2cents:

tlstreak
11-23-2008, 07:43 PM
Up 2 in the rear is a great gearing for it.

I would recommending sticking with steel sprockets and the 530 for mileage.
Be very careful with the oil drain plug, they are very known to strip out.

Braided lines will make the brakes ok with a decent set of pads.

IIRC set the forks around 5mm showing above the top clamp once you get the suspension set. That was about the most common setting on the TL, I would start adjusting from there. After the weight is set. You will feel the shift instantly and figure out where you like the front end yourself.

Tlzone and Tlplanet are you 2 best sources of info.

OneSickPsycho
11-23-2008, 07:43 PM
damn those things are wheelie machines and your gonna GO DOWN?!

also remember for your road trips that's gonna murder your range and fuel economy :2cents:

I am yet to wheelie this thing... Pretty good considering I wheelied the CBR all the fucking time... I'm sure it will happen one day...

Not worried about fuel economy... 3/4 of the time I ride mid way through the revs or higher anyway... Plus, it's a 996cc liquid cooled v-twin... Gas mileage was murdered long ago... Not to mention, stopping every 120 miles is not necessarily a bad thing...

FT BSTRD
11-23-2008, 07:44 PM
Drewp ran our last group ride with all V-Twins (Buells, RC51, SV's).

He made the comment that it was different riding with I4 groups. Different sweet spots. All torque less top end.

I am biased toward v-twins as well. I think part of the draw is that they AREN'T I4's.

I4's are really refined and are fantastic machines. V-Twins are not as refined. They are rougher around the edges.

I want a bike that is hot, vibrates, smells like gas and burning souls, sounds like you are running a chainsaw through a snare drum, and scares the piss out of you at least once every time you take it out of the barn.

There are so many ways that I4's are superior to many V-Twins. There are so many ways that even with that superiority, I will pick a V-Twin over an I4 given the chance.

The TLR is on my short list of wanted bikes. Ducati, RC51, Moto Guzzi, Aprilia, are all on the list.

http://www.motoguzzi-us.com/Nuovi_modelli/1200sport/gfx/zoom/30.jpg

Mmmmmmm. Dead Sexy.

Dnyce
11-23-2008, 07:45 PM
goin down 3t? think u mean goin up....

NONE_too_SOFT
11-23-2008, 07:46 PM
I am yet to wheelie this thing... Pretty good considering I wheelied the CBR all the fucking time... I'm sure it will happen one day...

Not worried about fuel economy... 3/4 of the time I ride mid way through the revs or higher anyway... Plus, it's a 996cc liquid cooled v-twin... Gas mileage was murdered long ago... Not to mention, stopping every 120 miles is not necessarily a bad thing...

it is when you're putting new rubber on it every 2 months. plus the wear on the engine will increase. and the chain. and the sprockets. but if it gets your rocks off who gives a flying fuck.

OneSickPsycho
11-23-2008, 07:46 PM
Up 2 in the rear is a great gearing for it.

I would recommending sticking with steel sprockets and the 530 for mileage.
Be very careful with the oil drain plug, they are very known to strip out.

Braided lines will make the brakes ok with a decent set of pads.

IIRC set the forks around 5mm showing above the top clamp once you get the suspension set. That was about the most common setting on the TL, I would start adjusting from there. After the weight is set. You will feel the shift instantly and figure out where you like the front end yourself.

Tlzone and Tlplanet are you 2 best sources of info.

I'm already on TLzone... I just need some patience to start reading through all that stuff...

I will most certainly stick with steel sprockets for mileage... good idea staying with 530... or maybe go with some of those uber-cool long mileage ones and do the 520... gotta do more research...

I've seen lotsa guys, mostly TLS guys, going with Busa calipers... Not sure if that'd be worth it as the TLR already has 6-pots... Again, gotta read more...

Mr Lefty
11-23-2008, 07:47 PM

true...

tlstreak
11-23-2008, 07:50 PM
Busa are more for appearence. Your choice is 6 pot or 4 pot. The 4 pot are the better for overall feel and the 6 pot are for stopping. You have 6 pot already. Put a good set of lines and your set unless you want to mod cosmetic.

OneSickPsycho
11-23-2008, 07:51 PM
Drewp ran our last group ride with all V-Twins (Buells, RC51, SV's).

He made the comment that it was different riding with I4 groups. Different sweet spots. All torque less top end.

I am biased toward v-twins as well. I think part of the draw is that they AREN'T I4's.

I4's are really refined and are fantastic machines. V-Twins are not as refined. They are rougher around the edges.

I want a bike that is hot, vibrates, smells like gas and burning souls, sounds like you are running a chainsaw through a snare drum, and scares the piss out of you at least once every time you take it out of the barn.

There are so many ways that I4's are superior to many V-Twins. There are so many ways that even with that superiority, I will pick a V-Twin over an I4 given the chance.

The TLR is on my short list of wanted bikes. Ducati, RC51, Moto Guzzi, Aprilia, are all on the list.

Mmmmmmm. Dead Sexy.

Good call. I was thinking as I was riding today... "I4's are sooooo smooth, refined, and boring... the v-twin has a SOUL..."

goin down 3t? think u mean goin up....

Fuck me, I'm retarded... yes, up...

it is when you're putting new rubber on it every 2 months. plus the wear on the engine will increase. and the chain. and the sprockets. but if it gets your rocks off who gives a flying fuck.

Nah, I doubt it will have that big of an impact... I go through tires quickly anyway... and the wear on the engine... yeah, but I didn't buy the damn thing to putt around to bike nights... chain and sprockets... not worried about those either...

Busa are more for appearence. Your choice is 6 pot or 4 pot. The 4 pot are the better for overall feel and the 6 pot are for stopping. You have 6 pot already. Put a good set of lines and your set unless you want to mod cosmetic.

I sorta figured it was something goofy like that... Cosmetics aren't necessarily my thing either... In fact, I want it to look as ugly as possible.

Dnyce
11-23-2008, 07:55 PM

best bike description ever for a thrill ride, sounds like my kawi--air cooled i4.

different strokes, u know the rest

unless its a racebike, vtwin sportbikes sound the best-second only to a triple

tlstreak
11-23-2008, 08:00 PM
You go up 2 in the rear I was getting about 17K out of my chain and sprockets (530 DID with steel afam)
Fuel mileage isnt really effected until your romping the gas. Youll see about 100 a tank on/off throttle 120-140ish with the wind at your back HWY.

I dont know how much you sport ride. My TL felt really good running the Diablo Strada on the rear with a Diablo up fornt. Got very good mileage, and with the weight of the bike the sport touring tire did well even in the curves.

OneSickPsycho
11-23-2008, 08:18 PM
You go up 2 in the rear I was getting about 17K out of my chain and sprockets (530 DID with steel afam)
Fuel mileage isnt really effected until your romping the gas. Youll see about 100 a tank on/off throttle 120-140ish with the wind at your back HWY.

I dont know how much you sport ride. My TL felt really good running the Diablo Strada on the rear with a Diablo up fornt. Got very good mileage, and with the weight of the bike the sport touring tire did well even in the curves.

The question is... well, the questions are... Did you go -1 up front too? And is that 17k speedo-healed?

I sport ride as much as FL's straight, flat roads will allow it... So I try to drag knees through intersections mostly.

Diablos came stock on my Buell... I only got 3k out of the rears... Got less than that out of the 2CT's... of course, that's cause I got a nail in the rear... Had about 1k on the Road 2's, but never was in a position to push them at all...

I was probably going to run the Road 2's again considering the geography of this area... Although, I've been wanting to do a track day for a long, long time so maybe I'll try the 2ct's again... They were actually wearing really well before I got the nail... and they stuck like glue in the corners...

Mr Lefty
11-23-2008, 08:41 PM
OSP you should come up and do the TWFix rally in late May. it's a trip... I know... but it's also a mini rally

NONE_too_SOFT
11-23-2008, 08:43 PM
The question is... well, the questions are... Did you go -1 up front too? And is that 17k speedo-healed?

I sport ride as much as FL's straight, flat roads will allow it... So I try to drag knees through intersections mostly.

Diablos came stock on my Buell... I only got 3k out of the rears... Got less than that out of the 2CT's... of course, that's cause I got a nail in the rear... Had about 1k on the Road 2's, but never was in a position to push them at all...

I was probably going to run the Road 2's again considering the geography of this area... Although, I've been wanting to do a track day for a long, long time so maybe I'll try the 2ct's again... They were actually wearing really well before I got the nail... and they stuck like glue in the corners...

dude. thats pretty stupid. and thats comming from a guy that fucked 2 guard rails this year.

NONE_too_SOFT
11-23-2008, 08:44 PM
OSP you should come up and do the TWFix rally in late May. it's a trip... I know... but it's also a mini rally

wtf is a mini rally? we had 5 people show up to the last rally and didnt call it "mini".

either you come of you dont. slap a twfix sticker on it and i'll be there.

Mr Lefty
11-23-2008, 08:51 PM
I say mini because the list only had like 5 regulars...

and yes... last year was sad... never again! I'll do everything possible to attend from now on... next 4 years should be good considering I can't deploy for that long.

FT BSTRD
11-23-2008, 08:52 PM
Where is this said "rally"?

tlstreak
11-23-2008, 08:57 PM
Stay away from the -1 up front. My speedo was probably more acurate +2 than it was stock. That might have had something to do with running a 180-55 instead of the OEM 190-50 and the speedo is off the front sprocket so going -1 on the front will throw it wayyyy off.

You could go 3 up in the rear and be happier than +2 -1. I tried it once the bike was very unsettled in corners vs RPM. +2 was almost perfect.

Mr Lefty
11-23-2008, 08:57 PM
it's not the rally... it's the TWFix Track day... in Alabama...

Gas Man
11-23-2008, 09:21 PM

There will always be one exception. But for the most part I'm right!

FT BSTRD
11-23-2008, 09:40 PM
it's not the rally... it's the TWFix Track day... in Alabama...

And?

Mr Lefty
11-23-2008, 10:20 PM
and go check out the thread I bumped... fucker

FT BSTRD
11-23-2008, 10:32 PM
and go check out the thread I bumped... fucker

I found it cockholster.

Dave
11-23-2008, 10:34 PM
There will always be one exception. But for the most part I'm right!

haha i posted three exceptions. the NR750 got blocked though. talk about an engine, its a true shame honda never made the oval pistoned v4's available to us ordinary folk.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/18/Ovalpiston.jpg/800px-Ovalpiston.jpg

http://www.vsource.org/VFR-RVF_files/Images/nr1.jpg

Mr Lefty
11-23-2008, 10:43 PM
I found it cockholster.

then post up cum dumpster

Dnyce
11-23-2008, 10:45 PM
u only posted three exceptions, but not the only three exceptions
the chop just rattled gman brain alil lol

i thought the nr sold to the public?

NONE_too_SOFT
11-23-2008, 10:45 PM
lots of valves there...

OneSickPsycho
11-23-2008, 10:55 PM
Stay away from the -1 up front. My speedo was probably more acurate +2 than it was stock. That might have had something to do with running a 180-55 instead of the OEM 190-50 and the speedo is off the front sprocket so going -1 on the front will throw it wayyyy off.

You could go 3 up in the rear and be happier than +2 -1. I tried it once the bike was very unsettled in corners vs RPM. +2 was almost perfect.

I was wondering if you had dropped a tooth in the front because I know that causes additional wear on the chain and front sprocket...

Dave
11-23-2008, 11:01 PM
u only posted three exceptions, but not the only three exceptions
the chop just rattled gman brain alil lol

i thought the nr sold to the public?

oh i agree that there are plenty more where that came from, just chose some of the most glaring ones

in very limited numbers @ $50,000 a pop. the chances of average joe myself ever aquiring one are extremely shitty. an f4 on the other hand i could swing by selling some toys and making some painful budget cuts.

lots of valves there...

its basically a v8 joined at the piston :drool:

FT BSTRD
11-23-2008, 11:02 PM
then post up cum dumpster

I'm thinking about it chode smoker.

Mr Lefty
11-23-2008, 11:05 PM
I'm thinking about it chode smoker.

what the fuck is there to think about prostate licker

OneSickPsycho
11-23-2008, 11:17 PM
Why are you fucks queering up my thread? Go flirt some place else...

Mr Lefty
11-24-2008, 12:09 AM
Why are you fucks queering up my thread? Go flirt some place else...

shut the hell up and go sign up for the track day

Gas Man
11-25-2008, 09:29 PM
haha i posted three exceptions. the NR750 got blocked though. talk about an engine, its a true shame honda never made the oval pistoned v4's available to us ordinary folk.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/18/Ovalpiston.jpg/800px-Ovalpiston.jpg

http://www.vsource.org/VFR-RVF_files/Images/nr1.jpg

Still a V motor

Dnyce
11-25-2008, 10:26 PM
Still a V motor

not a vtwin tho, mr. technicality

Dave
11-26-2008, 03:56 AM
yeah you clearly said v-twins buddy.

marko138
11-26-2008, 08:48 AM
Hateeeeeeeeeers.

Gas Man
11-26-2008, 07:11 PM
geesh... give a guy a break

OneSickPsycho
11-26-2008, 07:16 PM
Are people still fucking up this thread?:twfix:

Dave
11-26-2008, 07:32 PM
geesh... give a guy a break

pt barnum said no :sorry:

Amber Lamps
11-26-2008, 09:31 PM
why are you fucks queering up my thread? Go flirt some place else...

awesome fucking post!

Antwanny
11-27-2008, 01:32 PM
if you dont like the tlr tail look into a 03 gixxer 1k tail mod, a lot of guys do it. Just need a bit of welding a 03 gixxer subframe and plastics.
________
Babimac (http://twitter.com/SwiperboyzBabiM)
________
Easy Vape Digital Hands Free Vaporizer (http://vaporizerinfo.com/)

OneSickPsycho
11-27-2008, 11:39 PM
if you dont like the tlr tail look into a 03 gixxer 1k tail mod, a lot of guys do it. Just need a bit of welding a 03 gixxer subframe and plastics.

Now that sounds like an interesting option... I was thinking about just hacking the fucking thing off and solo-seating it...

Antwanny
11-28-2008, 01:10 AM
tlzone.net they have 954 tail section mods 03 gixxer mods and i think a few others, i dont like most of the guys on that forum but some of them know their stuff.
________
HONDA CB600F HISTORY (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_CB600F)
________
Latin girl live (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/latin-girls/)

pickle.of.doom
11-28-2008, 01:58 AM
Ya know, the fact that all of the Japanese companies have pretty much all but given on on v-twin sportbikes really pisses me off...

Amber Lamps
11-28-2008, 03:23 AM
Ya know, the fact that all of the Japanese companies have pretty much all but given on on v-twin sportbikes really pisses me off...

Hey it's not the factories' fault. They have all presented the public with good V-Twins...we're just not buying them. Why should they keep selling bikes that no one is buying?:idk:

Dave
11-28-2008, 08:11 AM
yep, its like elections. you vote with your dollars

Mr Lefty
11-28-2008, 08:20 AM
well it also has to do with the I4's now compete'n with the Duc's in races... for a while the I4's couldn't compete well with the Duc's...

but the problem is people buy'n a spec sheet... like the new GSXR1000 has 180+hp so it must be the fastest (i have no idea what the new bikes make just making a point)

I was talk'n to a couple guys the other day... talk'n about buy'n a new bike. I mentioned I want either a GSXR or CBR600RR 06-09... and they were both quote'n what the 09's were puting out in hp... oh the GSXR is putting out 120hp this year... no way you'll want the 06 with only 110 or so... :lol: yeah cause that extra 20hp is worth the extra 4g's it'll cost me.

Dnyce
11-28-2008, 08:32 AM
well it also has to do with the I4's now compete'n with the Duc's in races... for a while the I4's couldn't compete well with the Duc's...

wasnt it the other way? thats why duc's get the extra displacement, 1200 vs 1000cc i thought.

Mr Lefty
11-28-2008, 08:36 AM
wasnt it the other way? thats why duc's get the extra displacement, 1200 vs 1000cc i thought.

no prior to that... the I4's were getting killed by the Vtwins... hence honda racing the RC51 and not the 954...

then the I4's took off and started whoop'n on the V-twins... now the playing field is about level with the V-twins given 200cc's extra.

Dnyce
11-28-2008, 08:40 AM
gotcha

OneSickPsycho
11-28-2008, 09:10 AM

but the problem is people buy'n a spec sheet... like the new GSXR1000 has 180+hp so it must be the fastest (i have no idea what the new bikes make just making a point)

I was talk'n to a couple guys the other day... talk'n about buy'n a new bike. I mentioned I want either a GSXR or CBR600RR 06-09... and they were both quote'n what the 09's were puting out in hp... oh the GSXR is putting out 120hp this year... no way you'll want the 06 with only 110 or so... :lol: yeah cause that extra 20hp is worth the extra 4g's it'll cost me.

Exactly. Meanwhile those are the same guys who have 4" chicken strips and LED engine lights on 2 year old bikes with 1200 miles on them... People who actually RIDE their bikes are generally less concerned with the spec sheet.

Heh, these are also the same guys who tell you they've had their 600 up to 185mph or they've had their 1k up to 215mph... Within the past week I've ran into TWO of those retards.

Amber Lamps
11-28-2008, 12:33 PM
Exactly. Meanwhile those are the same guys who have 4" chicken strips and LED engine lights on 2 year old bikes with 1200 miles on them... People who actually RIDE their bikes are generally less concerned with the spec sheet.

Heh, these are also the same guys who tell you they've had their 600 up to 185mph or they've had their 1k up to 215mph... Within the past week I've ran into TWO of those retards.

Yea I see those guys too...I try to ignore them. It's funny tho' when you run into them at a bike night and they try to drag you into their bullshit...

"Hey dude,you have a 1000,I was just telling these girls that mine will do over 200mph,right?"

"Nope,Mine will "only" do about 175mph,Maybe yours is "special""

OneSickPsycho
11-28-2008, 12:38 PM
Yea I see those guys too...I try to ignore them. It's funny tho' when you run into them at a bike night and they try to drag you into their bullshit...

"Hey dude,you have a 1000,I was just telling these girls that mine will do over 200mph,right?"

"Nope,Mine will "only" do about 175mph,Maybe yours is "special""

A guy at work asked me the other night, "how fast you had that thing?"... I told him an indicated 165... He was like, "shit, you could get that thing over 200 easy..., I had my '07 GSXR 6 up to 185..." Then I started telling him about the 186 gentlemens agreement in the industry and the history behind it... and that he was totally full of shit...

Amber Lamps
11-28-2008, 12:43 PM
A guy at work asked me the other night, "how fast you had that thing?"... I told him an indicated 165... He was like, "shit, you could get that thing over 200 easy..., I had my '07 GSXR 6 up to 185..." Then I started telling him about the 186 gentlemens agreement in the industry and the history behind it... and that he was totally full of shit...

Yea well,I know a kid that SWEARS his 600rr does 200 mph!!! Right..:dthumb:

OneSickPsycho
11-28-2008, 12:45 PM

Fuck me... where were we???? Drewpy and I ran into some douche who said the same thing about his GSXR600 one time... It was at a gas station somewhere, but I don't remember exactly where or what trip we were on... I can remember the douchebag's face like a champ all day long though...

Amber Lamps
11-28-2008, 01:16 PM
Fuck me... where were we???? Drewpy and I ran into some douche who said the same thing about his GSXR600 one time... It was at a gas station somewhere, but I don't remember exactly where or what trip we were on... I can remember the douchebag's face like a champ all day long though...

Ranks right up there with the dork that claimed his stock exhaust 'Busa had a turbo...I'm like yea,sure buddy!

marko138
11-28-2008, 03:59 PM
I tell them 45mph. Thats the fastest I ever got it.

(*insert your shitty Buell jokes and how they have no top end*)

Tmall
11-28-2008, 04:43 PM
no prior to that... the I4's were getting killed by the Vtwins... hence honda racing the RC51 and not the 954...

then the I4's took off and started whoop'n on the V-twins... now the playing field is about level with the V-twins given 200cc's extra.

I seem to recall the rules being that the i4s were either unrestricted 800ccs and or 1000 with restrictor plates when Hayden was "kicking" everybody's ass.

Edit: The 1000cc I4s weren't even allowed in 02 it seems..

http://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/ar...hp/t-7646.html I know it's not quite a technical source, but it's a list for the 03 rules, and it seems the 1000s were being introduced that year.

Soooo.. Honda wouldn't have been allowed to race the 954 when Nicky won the championship.

Dave
11-28-2008, 05:40 PM

you've got this all fucked up. superbike rules were i4 750s vs v2 1000s. 954's raced in formula extreme. twins always seem to need about a 200 cc advantage to be able to play :whistle:

Mr Lefty
11-28-2008, 07:53 PM
I seem to recall the rules being that the i4s were either unrestricted 800ccs and or 1000 with restrictor plates when Hayden was "kicking" everybody's ass.

Edit: The 1000cc I4s weren't even allowed in 02 it seems..

http://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/ar...hp/t-7646.html I know it's not quite a technical source, but it's a list for the 03 rules, and it seems the 1000s were being introduced that year.

Soooo.. Honda wouldn't have been allowed to race the 954 when Nicky won the championship.
ahh ok... thanks.

you've got this all fucked up. superbike rules were i4 750s vs v2 1000s. 954's raced in formula extreme. twins always seem to need about a 200 cc advantage to be able to play :whistle:

ok... not the first time I was wrong... thanks for clear'n it up though

Dave
11-28-2008, 08:24 PM
no problemo

Dnyce
11-29-2008, 09:58 PM
ahh ok... thanks.

ok... not the first time I was wrong... thanks for clear'n it up though

dammit j. squid, givin me bad info :lol:

which is what i originally thought-kinda goes across all forms of racing

:dthumb:

Cutty72
11-30-2008, 02:54 AM

Yeah, met a kid in IA said he had his SV650 up to 190...
Just nodded and smiled, as he proceded to kill it... 3 times... leaving the parking lot.

Amber Lamps
11-30-2008, 03:44 AM

Unless it's a Buell,then they need double the cc's and they STILL can't play!

Tmall
11-30-2008, 07:44 AM

Our dicks are usually double the displacement of the typical I4 rider as well. There's lots to be said about a person who has nothing to prove. :whistle:

Dave
11-30-2008, 10:18 AM

haha of course you know i was talking about liquid cooled dohc twins :dthumb:

Dave
11-30-2008, 10:22 AM
Our dicks are usually double the displacement of the typical I4 rider as well. There's lots to be said about a person who has nothing to prove. :whistle:

hah if that were true you'd never get laid. :zowned:

Amber Lamps
11-30-2008, 08:33 PM

Yeesh! What is it with you guys and penises? First my cock size is called into question on the watch thread and now here. Can't a guy have a liter bike and a "nice" watch without having a small dick? As I've offered before,if necessary,I'll be glad to post up picks to prove that I indeed have a dick of more than proficient size.

You know,you people chose to buy underpowered,heavy and comparatively slow bikes. You remind me of the short guy in the bar that constantly picks fights with bigger guys. The exact make,model and year of my bike has won championships in almost every series that it competed in. I keep hearing about how great the Buell is. How outstandingly it handles,the superb power delivery,it's excellent brakes,etc. Well,why isn't it kicking ass in superstock? They let the Firebolt race supersport,where's the championship,hmmmm? Maybe I don't have anything to prove,maybe you're too big of a pussy to own my bike! How's that for a theory? Hmmmmm.....?

Amber Lamps
11-30-2008, 08:35 PM
hah if that were true you'd never get laid. :zowned:

Yea if these guys have 18" dicks,I'll....pay someone to suck them!

OneSickPsycho
11-30-2008, 08:58 PM
Yeesh! What is it with you guys and penises? First my cock size is called into question on the watch thread and now here. Can't a guy have a liter bike and a "nice" watch without having a small dick? As I've offered before,if necessary,I'll be glad to post up picks to prove that I indeed have a dick of more than proficient size.

You know,you people chose to buy underpowered,heavy and comparatively slow bikes. You remind me of the short guy in the bar that constantly picks fights with bigger guys. The exact make,model and year of my bike has won championships in almost every series that it competed in. I keep hearing about how great the Buell is. How outstandingly it handles,the superb power delivery,it's excellent brakes,etc. Well,why isn't it kicking ass in superstock? They let the Firebolt race supersport,where's the championship,hmmmm? Maybe I don't have anything to prove,maybe you're too big of a pussy to own my bike! How's that for a theory? Hmmmmm.....?

Some of us don't buy bikes because they win races... In fact, 99.9% of us don't ride our bikes to their potential... So who the fuck cares what we ride?

You are starting to sound like those "my 600 does 212mph" guys we were blasting on in the other thread.

Dnyce
11-30-2008, 08:58 PM
if u have a 18inch dong, u'd be getting laid everyday, cuz if you had a 18incher, you'd do porn. if you didnt, ur an idiot.

how bout some more pics of the tiller osp, get your thread off the dick subject and back on track

Mr Lefty
11-30-2008, 09:41 PM
Some of us don't buy bikes because they win races... In fact, 99.9% of us don't ride our bikes to their potential... So who the fuck cares what we ride?
You are starting to sound like those "my 600 does 212mph" guys we were blasting on in the other thread.

exactly!

OneSickPsycho
11-30-2008, 09:42 PM
if u have a 18inch dong, u'd be getting laid everyday, cuz if you had a 18incher, you'd do porn. if you didnt, ur an idiot.

how bout some more pics of the tiller osp, get your thread off the dick subject and back on track

I'd rather wait until I did something cool with the Tiller first...

Archren
11-30-2008, 09:45 PM

Quoted for truth.

Dnyce
11-30-2008, 11:26 PM
I'd rather wait until I did something cool with the Tiller first...

5 cans of flat black.
do it lol

OneSickPsycho
11-30-2008, 11:29 PM
5 cans of flat black.
do it lol

Gotta do some non-cosmetic things first...

Dnyce
11-30-2008, 11:30 PM
Gotta do some non-cosmetic things first...

really? musta missed something, whats up with it? or just perf mods first is your thinkin?

OneSickPsycho
11-30-2008, 11:32 PM
really? musta missed something, whats up with it? or just perf mods first is your thinkin?

Maintenance and performance modding...

Dnyce
11-30-2008, 11:37 PM
gotcha
im in your same boat,
i get to build a busa starting this week

Amber Lamps
11-30-2008, 11:58 PM

Aw come on you cocksuckers! That fucktard started it with the "you're compensating" comment! Besides it's not my "opinion" it's proven fact the winning on Sunday sells on Monday. Besides,why aren't my reasons for buying a bike as valid as yours? Some of you have stated that you bought the bike you have solely to be different. I think that's a stupid reason to pick a bike myself. I know a bunch of you bought your bike because of brand loyalty,another stupid reason IMHO. Shit,some of you picked your bikes strictly because of the color or the way it looks! SERIOUSLY? Are you all saying that performance had NOTHING to do with your decision to buy a SPORT BIKE?

Oh and that's not fair,I'm not stating that my bike does anything that it doesn't. being proud of actual accomplishments is not the same thing as making shit up! I picked my bike for several reasons but performance was definitely one of them,go ahead and fucking shoot me!!!

Amber Lamps
12-01-2008, 12:00 AM
haha of course you know i was talking about liquid cooled dohc twins :dthumb:

Yea I know,I'm just fucking with them!

Amber Lamps
12-01-2008, 12:02 AM
exactly!

Then why not get a 250?

Dnyce
12-01-2008, 12:14 AM
Aw come on you cocksuckers! That fucktard started it with the "you're compensating" comment! Besides it's not my "opinion" it's proven fact the winning on Sunday sells on Monday. Besides,why aren't my reasons for buying a bike as valid as yours? Some of you have stated that you bought the bike you have solely to be different. I think that's a stupid reason to pick a bike myself. I know a bunch of you bought your bike because of brand loyalty,another stupid reason IMHO. Shit,some of you picked your bikes strictly because of the color or the way it looks! SERIOUSLY? Are you all saying that performance had NOTHING to do with your decision to buy a SPORT BIKE?

only reason that matters is your reason, cuz its your money. end of story.

Amber Lamps
12-01-2008, 12:17 AM
only reason that matters is your reason, cuz its your money. end of story.

Complete truth!

Mr Lefty
12-01-2008, 12:34 AM
Then why not get a 250?

cause I didn't want one. and I knew I could keep my ego in check enough to not get out of control on a 600.

I'd actually like to have a little 250 now for commuting... think'n of maybe buy'n my bro's when he moves up

Dnyce
12-01-2008, 12:41 AM
cause I didn't want one. and I knew I could keep my ego in check enough to not get out of control on a 600.

I'd actually like to have a little 250 now for commuting... think'n of maybe buy'n my bro's when he moves up

or so u thought mr loopy

Mr Lefty
12-01-2008, 12:45 AM
or so u thought mr loopy

hey that was after 4000 miles in like 13 days... and 200 miles already in that day... I was tired... but most of all... it was a lack of attention to what I was doing... I became complacent... not cocky...

Dnyce
12-01-2008, 12:48 AM
hey that was after 4000 miles in like 13 days... and 200 miles already in that day... I was tired... but most of all... it was a lack of attention to what I was doing... I became complacent... not cocky...

i know, but u set it up so perfectly, i was obligated to knock it down-twfix way homie:dthumb:

Amber Lamps
12-01-2008, 12:49 AM

Wait did YOU just say that YOU KNEW that you could keep you ego in check enough to NOT get out of control on a 600? Senior Loopy,I can keep MY ego in check enough to own a GSXR1000,YOU on the other hand looped a 600,a ZZR600 at that. Quite frankly,there isn't tangible proof that you should be allowed to ride any bike,much less one more powerful than the one you wrecked doing a wheelie! :whistle:

Anyway,I'm just saying that if performance doesn't matter and only "squids" like myself buy a bike based on how it performs,then all the rest of you should own 250s...who cares how fast it goes right?

Dnyce
12-01-2008, 12:56 AM
Wait did YOU just say that YOU KNEW that you could keep you ego in check enough to NOT get out of control on a 600? Senior Loopy,I can keep MY ego in check enough to own a GSXR1000,YOU on the other hand looped a 600,a ZZR600 at that. Quite frankly,there isn't tangible proof that you should be allowed to ride any bike,much less one more powerful than the one you wrecked doing a wheelie! :whistle:

says the guy that hit three deer
you know its a deer area, slow the fuck down on that big 1000, creep thru there, no deer problem. would think u would learn after one, but noooo, had to murder two more of natures beautiful creatures.

before u guys start talkin about dicks again-ebbs looping and your deerslaying is technically both rider error based on the logic in this thread. so neither one of u should ride. problem solved lol, go buy a razor scooter

and performance isnt just how fast it goes btw

Amber Lamps
12-01-2008, 01:03 AM
Quoted for truth.

Um you own a fucking 1098. The performance numbers and stats had nothing to do with your decision? So did you buy it just because it a Duc or was it for the pretty color? I mean if you don't care about performance then why not just buy the 800 then? They look similar and it's cheaper.:idk:

All I'm saying is that it gets kinda old that some people think that EVERY decision a guy makes is based on his penis size. I guess that means I should drive an Aero and my bike should be a 50cc moped!:dthumb:

Mr Lefty
12-01-2008, 01:24 AM
i know, but u set it up so perfectly, i was obligated to knock it down-twfix way homie:dthumb:

I know... i knew I'd hear flack... :dthumb:

Anyway,I'm just saying that if performance doesn't matter and only "squids" like myself buy a bike based on how it performs,then all the rest of you should own 250s...who cares how fast it goes right?

like I said... I looped it from being exhausted... not from squid'n around. and my ZZR600 was an SS in 02 so not sure what the ZZR600 at that comment was about.

and no there is not tangeable proof... like i said... the reason I bought it was BECAUSE I WANTED IT. the fact that I said I knew I could handle it was my justification TO MYSELF... I could care less if you or anyone else thinks I'm able to handle the bike... hence I didn't post up asking anyones opinion when I was in the market.

I still believe I can handle a 600 just fine... I learned the hardway that you can't relax too much and that long trips like that take their toll not only on the body but on the mind. I don't think I'll ever need or want a liter I4. I imagine I could handle one just fine... but I don't care to. they offer nothing I need or want.

Amber Lamps
12-01-2008, 01:33 AM
says the guy that hit three deer
you know its a deer area, slow the fuck down on that big 1000, creep thru there, no deer problem. would think u would learn after one, but noooo, had to murder two more of natures beautiful creatures.

before u guys start talkin about dicks again-ebbs looping and your deerslaying is technically both rider error based on the logic in this thread. so neither one of u should ride. problem solved lol, go buy a razor scooter

and performance isnt just how fast it goes btw

Haha my long lost brother! Only one of my deer murders were committed in a posted deer area. To be honest,EVERYWHERE is a deer area around here! There's a carcass across the street from my apt complex and I live 5 miles from downtown. For the record,I wasn't going that fast for any of them and considering that I didn't hit the deck during two of them,I think I did ok. In fact,that point alone illustrates my SUPERIOR ability to control a motorcycle and my worthiness to ride! Besides,you're really stretching here...even the ins companies don't consider deer accidents an at fault collision.

Oh and here's the progression;

I make joke about Buells not being able to compete even with double the ccs and a number of AMA concessions.

Someone else accuses me of riding a GSXR1000 to compensate for my small penis size.

I point out that,unlike Buell,my bike has won several championships and thus has nothing to prove.

OSP and others,say that I'm basically stupid for buying a bike based on performance (even tho' I never stated that's why I bought my bike).

I state that if no one cares about performance then why don't you all just buy 250s?

Ebbs chimes in about how he can control his ego and a 600.

I pick on him for looping a "low performance" 600 and then wanting to go out and buy a high performance 600.

BTW I never said the performance is strictly confined to hp. I know better. Anyway,the debate was I4s vs V twins,I believe. Bottom line,if V twins were so great then they wouldn't NEED special accommodations to win championships! PERIOD! If a V-twin can't win in a level playing field then maybe Ducati should get out of racing,start their own "Thunder" league like Harley, or re-think their engine configuration.

Amber Lamps
12-01-2008, 01:45 AM
I know... i knew I'd hear flack... :dthumb:

like I said... I looped it from being exhausted... not from squid'n around. and my ZZR600 was an SS in 02 so not sure what the ZZR600 at that comment was about.

and no there is not tangeable proof... like i said... the reason I bought it was BECAUSE I WANTED IT. the fact that I said I knew I could handle it was my justification TO MYSELF... I could care less if you or anyone else thinks I'm able to handle the bike... hence I didn't post up asking anyones opinion when I was in the market.

I still believe I can handle a 600 just fine... I learned the hardway that you can't relax too much and that long trips like that take their toll not only on the body but on the mind. I don't think I'll ever need or want a liter I4. I imagine I could handle one just fine... but I don't care to. they offer nothing I need or want.

Fuck,when did you guys post all those one liners?

Anyway,your reason for getting the bike you bought was because YOU wanted to. Ok but why is that a better reason than my supposed performance reason? I still don't see that I said that I bought my bike strictly because of it's racing performance...heck,when I got my '01 they hadn't even been raced yet....even so why are your,OSP's,Archen's,etc reasons for buying the bikes you have(had) valid and my "reason" is wrong? Please explain.

Dave
12-01-2008, 02:17 AM
Haha my long lost brother! Only one of my deer murders were committed in a posted deer area. To be honest,EVERYWHERE is a deer area around here! There's a carcass across the street from my apt complex and I live 5 miles from downtown. For the record,I wasn't going that fast for any of them and considering that I didn't hit the deck during two of them,I think I did ok. In fact,that point alone illustrates my SUPERIOR ability to control a motorcycle and my worthiness to ride! Besides,you're really stretching here...even the ins companies don't consider deer accidents an at fault collision.

I make joke about Buells not being able to compete even with double the ccs and a number of AMA concessions.

Someone else accuses me of riding a GSXR1000 to compensate for my small penis size.

I point out that,unlike Buell,my bike has won several championships and thus has nothing to prove.

OSP and others,say that I'm basically stupid for buying a bike based on performance (even tho' I never stated that's why I bought my bike).

I state that if no one cares about performance then why don't you all just buy 250s?

I pick on him for looping a "low performance" 600 and then wanting to go out and buy a high performance 600.

BTW I never said the performance is strictly confined to hp. I know better. Anyway,the debate was I4s vs V twins,I believe. Bottom line,if V twins were so great then they wouldn't NEED special accommodations to win championships! PERIOD! If a V-twin can't win in a level playing field then maybe Ducati should get out of racing,start their own "Thunder" league like Harley, or re-think their engine configuration.

#1 i agree, and i was right about to post up behind carolina asking exactly how many times you went DOWN because of deer. :dthumb:

#2 look at the desmo gp7-gp9 :whistle:

Amber Lamps
12-01-2008, 02:30 AM
#1 i agree, and i was right about to post up behind carolina asking exactly how many times you went DOWN because of deer. :dthumb:

#2 look at the desmo gp7-gp9 :whistle:

Thanks man! *Sniffle* my own long lost brother is against me *sniffle* and a fellow GSXR rider at that....oh the betrayal!

Of course the kicker was someone that owns a 1098 saying that buying a motorcycle based on performance/racing heritage is stupid!!!

Mr Lefty
12-01-2008, 02:38 AM
Fuck,when did you guys post all those one liners?

Anyway,your reason for getting the bike you bought was because YOU wanted to. Ok but why is that a better reason than my supposed performance reason? I still don't see that I said that I bought my bike strictly because of it's racing performance...heck,when I got my '01 they hadn't even been raced yet....even so why are your,OSP's,Archen's,etc reasons for buying the bikes you have(had) valid and my "reason" is wrong? Please explain.

one liners?

and I never said my reason was better or worse... than yours... I agreed that 99.9% of us don't ride our bikes to what they're capable of.

your reasons are YOUR REASONS... who the fuck cares if anyone else agree's with them? the ones that try to sell us on their reasons are the ones who drive me nuts... if you wanna start out on a turbo Busa because they make you look more masculine great... go at it... I think your an idiot... because 90% of people can't handle it and I wouldn't wanna put myself in a situation where one little slip up could get me into danger that quick... but it's your choice... but don't try to sell me on it.

Your reason for owning a 1000... great... it works for you... but you haven't tried to justify why you need the performance... I never said it was wrong... just that it's not one that makes sense for me.

Dave
12-01-2008, 07:47 AM
Thanks man! *Sniffle* my own long lost brother is against me *sniffle* and a fellow GSXR rider at that....oh the betrayal!

Of course the kicker was someone that owns a 1098 saying that buying a motorcycle based on performance/racing heritage is stupid!!!

in archren's defense it may just have been lust factor. lotsa folks willing to part with ridiculous coin for that red trellis frame alone. now if she had an s or an r it'd be a bit harder to defend lol

Amber Lamps
12-01-2008, 07:53 AM
in archren's defense it may just have been lust factor. lotsa folks willing to part with ridiculous coin for that red trellis frame alone. now if she had an s or an r it'd be a bit harder to defend lol

True but my point is she doesn't have to defend it! Other than to explain why she's NOT a hypocrite,of course....

Besides,I'm still not sure why that is considered a more valid purchasing reason than performance....

Dave
12-01-2008, 07:58 AM
ahh gotcha, i just woke up and didnt see you coming from that angle. well clearly the reason is if you ride a jap I4 bigger than a 750 you are automatically squidly until proven innocent :rolleyes: nevermind that with the extra torque its actually easier to ride on the street and dare i say it? perhaps safer in traffic? i know that when some dumbass cager starts acting funny near me banishing him to the rearview is as simple as cracking the throttle. no mucking about with gears.

OneSickPsycho
12-01-2008, 08:56 AM

Nice try Mr. Have My Cake and Eat It Too...

Your "joke" was humping the same old tired line that everyone and their mom has been riding Buell for, ever since the first motherfucker rolled off the assembly line. It clearly wasn't a joke as confirmed by your continued diatribe of "I4 superiority"...

You made the comment about bikes winning or not winning championships/races, not me. I simply stated that we have different reasons for buying different bikes, some of which have nothing to do with spec sheets and race worthiness. I quoted your post because YOU were the one that brought winning races and championships up... I never stated that as the sole reason... or even part of the decision making process for you buying your bike. I apologize for your lack of reading comprehension (you don't think I could get all the way through this without taking a childish jab at you, did ya?).

V-twins are not great because of what they do or don't to on the race track. In fact, I can honestly say that I've never sat through an entire motorcycle race... I usually watch until commercial and move on to something else. Spec sheets and podium positions are not something I care about. I like a v-twin because of the characteristics of that particular motor layout... the same reasons I dislike I4's. I will say this though... I support the concessions made for v-twins in racing because I know that for manufacturers to continue to develop these engines, they must be in racing.

Archren
12-01-2008, 08:58 AM
Um you own a fucking 1098. The performance numbers and stats had nothing to do with your decision? So did you buy it just because it a Duc or was it for the pretty color? I mean if you don't care about performance then why not just buy the 800 then? They look similar and it's cheaper.:idk:

All I'm saying is that it gets kinda old that some people think that EVERY decision a guy makes is based on his penis size. I guess that means I should drive an Aero and my bike should be a 50cc moped!:dthumb:

For one.. when I bought it, the 848 wasn't out yet. They didn't start selling those bikes in the US until this year, and I bought my 1098 shortly after they were released (May 2007).

And I'll break down OSP's comment for you since apparently you missed why I was quoting it:

I know for a fucking fact I will *never* ride my 1098 to it's potential, so spouting off horsepower, torque, and how many championships Ducati has won WSBK with the bike is meaningless because *I* can't ride like those guys. If I try, I'll end up wadding it and wasting the bike. If I wanted those numbers to matter, I'd be racing, and probably not on a 1098.

I didn't buy it because it wins championships. I bought the bike because when I first saw a Ducati years ago it spoke to my soul, and when they released the 1098, I knew that it was going to be *the one* for me. There are faster bikes out there (Desmosedici anyone?) and people who can ride those bikes to their potential.

In short: I bought the 1098 because it makes me cream my panties. Happy? redflip

OneSickPsycho
12-01-2008, 08:59 AM
ahh gotcha, i just woke up and didnt see you coming from that angle. well clearly the reason is if you ride a jap I4 bigger than a 750 you are automatically squidly until proven innocent :rolleyes: nevermind that with the extra torque its actually easier to ride on the street and dare i say it? perhaps safer in traffic? i know that when some dumbass cager starts acting funny near me banishing him to the rearview is as simple as cracking the throttle. no mucking about with gears.

Same could be said for an SV650.

OneSickPsycho
12-01-2008, 09:00 AM
For one.. when I bought it, the 848 wasn't out yet. They didn't start selling those bikes in the US until this year, and I bought my 1098 shortly after they were released (May 2007).

And I'll break down OSP's comment for you since apparently you missed why I was quoting it:

I know for a fucking fact I will *never* ride my 1098 to it's potential, so spouting off horsepower, torque, and how many championships Ducati has won WSBK with the bike is meaningless because *I* can't ride like those guys. If I try, I'll end up wadding it and wasting the bike. If I wanted those numbers to matter, I'd be racing, and probably not on a 1098.

I didn't buy it because it wins championships. I bought the bike because when I first saw a Ducati years ago it spoke to my soul, and when they released the 1098, I knew that it was going to be *the one* for me. There are faster bikes out there (Desmosedici anyone?) and people who can ride those bikes to their potential.

In short: I bought the 1098 because it makes me cream my panties. Happy? redflip

I think we need to see said panties to ensure proper creamage.

Dave
12-01-2008, 09:16 AM
Same could be said for an SV650.

try that one again. i make about double the torque of a 650.

I think we need to see said panties to ensure proper creamage.

and1

OneSickPsycho
12-01-2008, 09:29 AM
try that one again. i make about double the torque of a 650.

and1

Ok, your point was that you don't need to be shifting all over the place to get out of a tight situation in traffic... My point still stands.

Dave
12-01-2008, 09:31 AM
i dunno im just having my morning tea. wtf are we arguing about again?

OneSickPsycho
12-01-2008, 09:35 AM
i dunno im just having my morning tea. wtf are we arguing about again?

That you need a liter bike to get out of tight traffic situations.

Tmall
12-01-2008, 09:55 AM
I bought my bike for a few reasons..

I make more tq off of idle than most i4s make in their top 1/3rd.
The only maintenance on my bike is oil changes and primary chain adjustments.
It was about 4000$ less than an i4 1000, and that's new.
It has a 2 year unlimited milage warranty.
I see about 2-300 typical jap bikes for every Buell I see.
It performs beyond anything I need. I've only had it over 100mph a handful of times, and that was just to see how fast it would really go.

And, finally.. It's a street bike that is capable on the track. As opposed to most other people who buy a race bike and try to ride it on the street. Considering I spend 100% of my time on the street, it's much more practical.

Dnyce
12-02-2008, 07:47 AM
i made a long logical post that argued both sides-but fuck it. this argument/debate is dumb

marko138
12-02-2008, 09:21 AM
This thread is hilarious. Tigger, you're a jackass.

Archren
12-02-2008, 09:41 AM
i made a long logical post that argued both sides-but fuck it. this argument/debate is dumb

Didn't you know? Logic and reason are irrelevant. :lol: :twfix:

Amber Lamps
12-02-2008, 06:51 PM
This thread is hilarious. Tigger, you're a jackass.

You know what? FUCK YOU Marko! Why does everyone else get a pass?

Mr Lefty
12-02-2008, 07:06 PM

cause... well you are a jack ass... :lol:

naw marko's called us all a jack ass from time to time.

Amber Lamps
12-02-2008, 07:26 PM
cause... well you are a jack ass... :lol:

naw marko's called us all a jack ass from time to time.

Ha ha whatever! Stop being so darn nice all the time,yeesh!

Mr Lefty
12-02-2008, 07:55 PM
Ha ha whatever! Stop being so darn nice all the time,yeesh!
nope... I'm nice online... but a dick in person... its my SOP :lol:

Dave
12-02-2008, 08:09 PM
nope... I'm nice online... but a dick in person... its my SOP :lol:

eh yer enough of a dick online too lol

Mr Lefty
12-02-2008, 08:29 PM
eh yer enough of a dick online too lol

:lol: shush... people will start to think I'm nice off line too

Carolina
12-02-2008, 08:49 PM
I love TWF:rockwoot:

All of yall are bitches

that is all carry on and Carolina is a dudes pimp name as in South Carolina

Archren
12-02-2008, 09:29 PM
I love TWF:rockwoot:

All of yall are bitches

that is all carry on and Carolina is a dudes pimp name as in South Carolina

Sorry, but I do believe it was a girl's name first. :nee:

marko138
12-03-2008, 08:49 AM
Thank you.

Homeslice
12-05-2008, 01:47 AM
The 929 and 954 have higher bars which makes it more comfortable in urban stop & go, but in the turns I would rather have the TLR's riding position.

Cutty72
12-05-2008, 03:14 AM
:lol: shush... people will start to think I'm nice off line too

Naaa, you're a straight up ass...

and V-twins FTMFW!!!!!!! :rockout:

(even though ebbs could never handle the power/torque)

Mr Lefty
12-05-2008, 03:15 AM
Naaa, you're a straight up ass...

and V-twins FTMFW!!!!!!! :rockout:

(even though ebbs could never handle the power/torque)

blah blah blah... get lost... oh wait... you can't... your in North Dakota... where if you stand on your toes... you can see the back of your head

t-homo
12-05-2008, 03:16 AM
blah blah blah... get lost... oh wait... you can't... your in North Dakota... where if you stand on your toes... you can see the back of your head

hahahaha

Cutty72
12-05-2008, 03:30 AM

Doesn't that mean I'm already lost? :idk:

hahahaha

fuck you.

Mr Lefty
12-05-2008, 03:31 AM
no... it means your retarded for living in a place like that

Cutty72
12-05-2008, 03:34 AM
no... it means your retarded for living in a place like that

suppose I could move to Korea... that could be fun... NOT!

and besides, where else am I going to find such fertile farm land?

Mr Lefty
12-05-2008, 03:36 AM
suppose I could move to Korea... that could be fun... NOT!

and besides, where else am I going to find such fertile farm land?
fuck the fertile land...

wait... that was sarcasm cutty... do not fuck the ground... even if Green Team says so...

just move to a place where they have to bend the road around the terrain

Cutty72
12-05-2008, 03:40 AM
fuck the fertile land...

wait... that was sarcasm cutty... do not fuck the ground... even if Green Team says so...

just move to a place where they have to bend the road around the terrain

Then I have to fine a new profession... :idk:

Mr Lefty
12-05-2008, 03:41 AM
Then I have to fine a new profession... :idk:

stock boy at the local motorcycle dealership... so I can get discounts

Cutty72
12-05-2008, 03:56 AM
stock boy at the local motorcycle dealership... so I can get discounts

stock boy my ass.

Service manager/Parts manager or nothing.
And you fucking right I'd be sponsored with a track bike too!

Besides, you're too pussy to ride a buell, except maybe a Blast :lol:

t-homo
12-05-2008, 04:08 AM
stock boy my ass.

:rf:

Mr Lefty
12-05-2008, 04:38 AM
stock boy my ass.

blah blah blah. buell was on my short list... but didn't make the final cut.

:rf:

the fuck you laughing at... you OWNED a blast

t-homo
12-05-2008, 05:03 AM

as my first bike, yes.

Archren
12-05-2008, 07:11 AM

As did I...

Lookie what I ride now. redflip

Amber Lamps
12-05-2008, 07:38 AM
As did I...

Lookie what I ride now. redflip

Well shit,if you automatically get a 1098 afterwards,I'll go buy a fucking Buell Blast!!!

Archren
12-05-2008, 07:41 AM
Well shit,if you automatically get a 1098 afterwards,I'll go buy a fucking Buell Blast!!!

I still have my Blast in the garage if you want to buy it. :nee:

Amber Lamps
12-05-2008, 07:44 AM
I still have my Blast in the garage if you want to buy it. :nee:

$100 plus shipping and I'm in!

marko138
12-05-2008, 08:55 AM
I'd still ride a blast. They are fun little bikes.

Archren
12-05-2008, 09:12 AM
I'd still ride a blast. They are fun little bikes.

Shit yeah.. can't beat 70mpg either.

marko138
12-05-2008, 09:14 AM
Shit yeah.. can't beat 70mpg either.
Exactly. I rode one in the MSF course. Thing was fun.

Homeslice
12-05-2008, 01:02 PM
no... It means your retarded for living in a place like that

0.5 + 0.5