View Full Version : Is this garbage?

Antwanny
11-27-2008, 01:43 PM
Are these garbage rearsets i know dickle about what to look for in them
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/mcy/935240028.html
________
Sex Video (http://www.fucktube.com/)
________
Fat girl live (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/bbw/)

PhiSig1071
11-27-2008, 03:48 PM
They don't look bad. The thing you have to look for is the quality of the bearings that he's using, that will make the biggest difference. If you can see them in person ask if you can see the assembly process, check the fitting of the parts, quality of materials and workmanship, and the bearings.

Honestly? You probably get what you pay for, but if this guy is starting a company building this stuff he's going to be priced cheaply to begin with. Is it going to be Gilles level quality? Doubtful, but it's most likely going to be better than stock.

Carolina
11-27-2008, 04:33 PM
I don't know about the quality of the product but they are sexy as hell. I especially like the two tone ones.

OneSickPsycho
11-27-2008, 11:37 PM
I see these on eBay a lot...

PiZdETS
11-28-2008, 04:00 AM
I'd stick with the namebrands, especially with something you'll be putting a lot of weight on, double especially if you do wheelies and such.
Not that there aren't quality products strictly marketed through craigslist and ebay, but it's rare. My gut reaction is there's a reason he's not being sold in lockhart philips/other vendors.

Also- this phrase amused me.
i know dickle

marko138
11-29-2008, 10:31 AM
They sure look nice.

tlstreak
11-29-2008, 10:56 AM
For the same money you can get a set of woodcraft, and never have to worry about finding parts if something bad happens.

I bought a set of Harris a long time ago. They stopped making the design. Vortex changed theres too. Woodcraft and Gillies pretty much stay the same and are interchangeable basic pieces. Woodcraft are very affordable though.

marko138
11-29-2008, 11:11 AM
For the same money you can get a set of woodcraft, and never have to worry about finding parts if something bad happens.

I bought a set of Harris a long time ago. They stopped making the design. Vortex changed theres too. Woodcraft and Gillies pretty much stay the same and are interchangeable basic pieces. Woodcraft are very affordable though.
You cannot go wrong with Woodcraft.

PhiSig1071
11-29-2008, 12:59 PM
Woodcraft FTW!

As I told a friend of mine friday, if you need something for your bike, check woodcraft, if woodcraft doesn't make it, then you probably don't really need it.

ceo012384
12-01-2008, 11:32 AM
Plus eleventy billion for woodcraft. Also, the Woods are very nice guys, and REALLY fucking fast.

Rider
12-01-2008, 11:36 AM
They look nice but like others have said.. there is a reason they are "no name" brand. I'd stick Sato, Woodcraft, Yoshimura, Gilles.....

marko138
12-02-2008, 10:49 AM
They might be a great product...who knows. Every company had to start somewhere. But I'd give someone else the chance to be the test rat.

DLIT
12-02-2008, 11:37 AM
Get brand name. It's way easier to get replacement parts, if need be.

ceo012384
12-02-2008, 12:28 PM
Get brand name. It's way easier to get replacement parts, if need be.

that's the big plus for not getting no names.

my buddy got some flashy weird brand rearsets for his triumph... there was like a 2 month wait to get some spares.

hell, i already have spare woodcraft pegs and handlebars in my toolbox.