PDA

View Full Version : [AUS] Squid Splat... :(

JoshuaTree
11-27-2008, 03:01 PM
N.B. On this Thanksgiving Day, do be thankful for your good fortune and health, and your ability to successfully manage your 'risks' in whatever you do...

http://www.statesman.com/news/content/news/stories/local/11/27/1127roundup.html (Austin American-Statesman)
Thursday, November 27, 2008

ROUND ROCK

Man dies in motorcycle wreck

A 25-year-old Round Rock man died in a motorcycle wreck Wednesday on Louis Henna Boulevard in Round Rock.

Round Rock Police Department spokesman Eric Poteet said Carl Libby was seen driving his motorcycle erratically about 1 p.m. in the westbound lane of Louis Henna. Libby lost control of the motorcycle in the 2500 block of Louis Henna, and it crashed.

He was pronounced dead at the scene.

Poteet said there was a helmet on the ground, but it was unclear whether Libby had been wearing it.

Libby had bought the motorcycle about a month ago but had not obtained a license to drive it, Poteet said. Libby was believed to be speeding, probably driving more than 100 mph, Poteet said.

:( :no:

pdog
11-27-2008, 04:09 PM
No joke. Staying alive on a bike is more about risk management than I think many people realize.

your ability to successfully manage your 'risks' in whatever you do...

ducati_atx
11-28-2008, 09:27 AM
wonder if that helmet protected that side of his bike.....

xx CURVE xx
11-28-2008, 09:36 AM
That happened right by my office.... half of our staff went looking for me worried it was me...."again"...

I saw the bike on my way out...on the back of a tow truck...Gixer 750 maybe i think...it was perdy mangled up...flat black and red...