PDA

View Full Version : Bike Preference

Carolina
11-29-2008, 02:54 PM
I was browsing through some last years bike week pics from NMB/AB/MB and thought.... I see on this forum there's not a lot of love for chromed out trailer queens. I understand the whole concept of riding your steed and weight savings etc.... I really don't dig posers quoting what they read in cycle world. I will be the first to tell you I don't know shit beyond regular shop talk and shit I learned here(thanks TWF by the way). I do however appreciate the time and effort and think there are a lot of sexy trailer queens out there. I want a bike to whip around twisties, a cruiser and a project trailer bitch one day. I can imagine the busa I am going to post below 50% of yall are gonna say u just threw up in your mouth. I however think this bitch is pure sex almost like the desmo uh oh:scared:

This I think is retarded and one of those why/WTF mods and the overall bike is fugly.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h134/sammydv/DSCF6935.jpg

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h134/sammydv/DSCF6937.jpg

Now this I'm in love with

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h134/sammydv/DSCF6985.jpg

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h134/sammydv/DSCF6984.jpg

Yes they ruined the yami. Pics don't do it justice yall FLA peeps prob seen these in Daytona pretty nice bikes.

Don't have a heart attack

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h134/sammydv/DSCF6983.jpg

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h134/sammydv/DSCF6982.jpg

Carolina
11-29-2008, 02:57 PM
oh yeah I know it's not really a lot of work to get chrome plastics and a lot of bolt on parts but the white on chrome contrast on the bus is hott though imo

speedylocksmith
11-29-2008, 03:03 PM
I appreciate the time and effort put into some bikes. If I had the money, I'd have one just for show as long as I have something else to ride regularly

Carolina
11-29-2008, 03:05 PM
I appreciate the time and effort put into some bikes. If I had the money, I'd have one just for show as long as I have something else to ride regularly

I agree that bitch couldn't turn worth a damn though

Dnyce
11-29-2008, 03:05 PM
im with u and against u lol-ive seen busas, r1's, occasional gix 1k done up that looked really fuckin nice, invokes the same feeling as a desmo. but the ones u posted-garbage lol, but thats my opinion. looks like chrome for the sake of chrome.

and i will add-the desmo is a nice lookin bike, but the major attractiveness is what it is-streetlegal legitimite racebike

Carolina
11-29-2008, 03:09 PM
im with u and against u lol-ive seen busas, r1's, occasional gix 1k done up that looked really fuckin nice, invokes the same feeling as a desmo. but the ones u posted-garbage lol, but thats my opinion. looks like chrome for the sake of chrome.

and i will add-the desmo is a nice lookin bike, but the major attractiveness is what it is-streetlegal legitimite racebike

truth

butttt they are sexxxxxy i'm with ya. On hayabusa.org a lot of those guys tastefully added chrome and bling but still wind that bitch out at the track yes track and dragstrip. Most of them still own zx10's,gsxr's for their everyday rider. Maybe mentioning the desmo in the same post was a bit far reaching.:lol:

Dnyce
11-29-2008, 03:31 PM
no, the desmo does belong, im just saying its mechanically attractive 1st, visually attractive 2nd. the customs are visually attractive 1st, usually. -i could care less if they even ride em, as long as they are rideable.

Carolina
11-29-2008, 03:39 PM
no, the desmo does belong, im just saying its mechanically attractive 1st, visually attractive 2nd. the customs are visually attractive 1st, usually. -i could care less if they even ride em, as long as they are rideable.

gotcha as I stated on here before I can't begin to have a serious conversation on mechanical function on a bike. Thats why I like this place you learn so much. I do however am attracted to the busa as a mechanical pioneer and they are steadily improving this whore ,at least that's what i'm learning on haybusa org even if they are biased. I saw these bike destroy so many guys at the strip and at street races just grew to love them as a high schooler when they came out and rode a few here and there for short distances scared as hell just trying not to crash it. grew up at the track on sundays My dad didn't race but he went there to bet on Sunday's

Dnyce
11-29-2008, 03:43 PM
yea im a drag junkie too, love it:dthumb:

JoJoYZF
11-29-2008, 10:27 PM
Theres a lot of custom bikes that I really like, but I still cant stand the huge rear tire. It just looks stupid to me to have a 360 on a bike. Thats wider than damn near any regular car tire, I think vipers only have about a 300 or so on the back, why do you need it on a bike? Other than that, I can definitely appreciate the time and effort put into the bikes.

OneSickPsycho
11-30-2008, 01:04 AM
I'm tired of chrome... I think it can be done well, but I'm still sick of it. I'm not much of a chrome, bling bling kinda guy anyway... I'm more of a scare your grandmother and make little kids cry kinda guy...

marko138
11-30-2008, 10:44 AM
I can respect the time and effort a guy puts in to his machine, regardless of what it's used for. But those bikes are fucking hideous. But, obviously someone likes them...it just isn't me.

Gas Man
11-30-2008, 06:35 PM
FUCK BOTH OF YOU!

:lol:

OneSickPsycho
11-30-2008, 06:37 PM
FUCK BOTH OF YOU!

:lol:

Don't get your chrome panties in a bunch GM.

TommyHotWheel
12-01-2008, 05:34 PM
I was thinking of a chrome-look paint with a candy red or candy black top coat on my TLR. I think a little visual appeal would accent the carbon fiber and give a little contrast to the chromed out show blocks...I mean bikes.:whistle:

nhgunnut
12-01-2008, 06:16 PM
One of the great thing about bikes is we get to customize them to our tastes. I don't have to please you with my ride. I know lots love the Chromed out Stretched Busa. I don't get it, I put my money into the the engine on the Busa. I will always respect the work but I don't have to like the look