PDA

View Full Version : Dying Leather...

OneSickPsycho
11-30-2008, 04:18 PM
Anyone do it?

I just found a bunch of cheapass leather dye online... Already bought it, so WTF, I'm going to try dying my leathers!

Tips/Tricks?

speedylocksmith
11-30-2008, 04:24 PM
Leon just did his couch. If he doesn't chime in, send him a PM

OneSickPsycho
11-30-2008, 04:32 PM
Leon just did his couch. If he doesn't chime in, send him a PM

Doing your entire couch is totally ballsy... My leathers cost me $120 and I could give a shit what I look like... if it looks like shit, well... I look like shit anyway. If it looks awesome, well... I look like shit anyway. :lol:

Ninjakel
11-30-2008, 05:38 PM
Yep, he dyed the leather couch. A sectional.

Came out damn good. I think because if it came out crappy, he would have to buy a new one :lol:

Seriously, PM him.

Carolina
11-30-2008, 05:52 PM
Anyone do it?

I just found a bunch of cheapass leather dye online... Already bought it, so WTF, I'm going to try dying my leathers!

Tips/Tricks?

I told ya that pink wasn't cool homie

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f8/Lgardgurl/pink-assless-chaps.jpg

OneSickPsycho
11-30-2008, 06:38 PM
Why do you have that pic?

Ninjakel
11-30-2008, 06:40 PM
My eyes!!!!!!!!!

Carolina
11-30-2008, 07:08 PM
Why do you have that pic?

:lol::lol: naw mane jus searched assless chaps on PB to fuk with ya

JoJoYZF
11-30-2008, 07:35 PM
:lol::lol: naw mane jus searched assless chaps on PB to fuk with ya

Of course you did...

Carolina
11-30-2008, 07:44 PM
Of course you did...

:lol::lol:i'm calling Chuck

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t82/bandgeek8910/ManCard.jpg

Leon
12-01-2008, 09:28 AM
Look up Tandy leathers online. They have a nice explanation of how to dye leather.

I'll give you the short version. Clean the leather with alcohol. I used a detail gun to spray the dye on the leather, a few coats should do. Keep spraying until you get your desired color. Let that dry overnight. Then you'll spray a few coats of clear over the dye. Let that drt overnight. Then you'll apply liberal amounts of leathe softner. I did that over 5 days. Then you'll have to buff the leather to remove the excess dye.

It may sound like alot, but it's pretty easy.

OneSickPsycho
12-01-2008, 09:31 AM
Look up Tandy leathers online. They have a nice explanation of how to dye leather.

I'll give you the short version. Clean the leather with alcohol. I used a detail gun to spray the dye on the leather, a few coats should do. Keep spraying until you get your desired color. Let that dry overnight. Then you'll spray a few coats of clear over the dye. Let that drt overnight. Then you'll apply liberal amounts of leathe softner. I did that over 5 days. Then you'll have to buff the leather to remove the excess dye.

It may sound like alot, but it's pretty easy.

Awesome... thanks mang!

xx CURVE xx
12-01-2008, 09:36 AM
before and after pics please!...i have a set of leathers i'd like to dye...not die in :p

OneSickPsycho
12-01-2008, 09:37 AM
before and after pics please!...i have a set of leathers i'd like to dye...not die in :p

Certainly. I actually never considered it, but a while ago I rode with a guy who was talking about how he just dyed his gloves... got some purple Teknic somethings and dyed them black. You couldn't tell at all.

xx CURVE xx
12-01-2008, 09:42 AM
Certainly. I actually never considered it, but a while ago I rode with a guy who was talking about how he just dyed his gloves... got some purple Teknic somethings and dyed them black. You couldn't tell at all.

Thats what i'd like to see...my leathers are black blue and white..curious to see if they can be dyed all black.

OneSickPsycho
12-04-2008, 08:59 AM
Thats what i'd like to see...my leathers are black blue and white..curious to see if they can be dyed all black.

Mine a black, blue and silver... I'll be sure to report back when I'm completed.

marko138
12-09-2008, 11:07 AM
Mine a black, blue and silver... I'll be sure to report back when I'm completed.
Get to it, dickus.