PDA

View Full Version : Lone Star BMW Triumph

azoomm
12-05-2008, 11:50 AM
HUGE sale going on right now.

They are trying to move out anything that has hung out in inventory for a while so they can move in new stuff for spring. GO LOOK!!!

There are helmets - yes, even Shoei and Arai marked down. Boots (sorry, no Sidi's made the sale), gloves, etc.

FWIW - Kathy is now the Accessories Manager, I'd like to congratulate her on the promotion!!

smileyman
12-05-2008, 12:04 PM
HUGE sale going on right now.

They are trying to move out anything that has hung out in inventory for a while so they can move in new stuff for spring. GO LOOK!!!

There are helmets - yes, even Shoei and Arai marked down. Boots (sorry, no Sidi's made the sale), gloves, etc.

FWIW - Kathy is now the Accessories Manager, I'd like to congratulate her on the promotion!!

I wil take a F800ST and a side of onion rings please!

AquaPython
12-05-2008, 12:39 PM
only one man would DARE give me raspberry...

Adeptus_Minor
12-06-2008, 02:03 AM
I wil take a F800ST and a side of onion rings please!

I'll have the Thruxton, medium rare, with chips.

(as IF I had that kind of scratch or garage space to spare :P )

Phenix_Rider
12-06-2008, 09:26 AM
Link?

OneSickPsycho
12-06-2008, 09:27 AM
only one man would DARE give me raspberry...

http://www.billpullman.org/film/spaceballs/S14.jpg

azoomm
12-06-2008, 10:22 AM
Link?

They don't sell gear online.

It's one of those Mom and Pop, old skool kind of locations that gives you somewhere to hang out - drool on bikes - and buy gear.

http://www.lonestarcycle.com/

pdog
12-06-2008, 02:13 PM
http://letmegooglethatforyou.com/?q=lonestar+bmw+triumph

Link?

MNellis
12-06-2008, 04:50 PM

Now that's funny....and appropriate. :wink:

JoshuaTree
12-06-2008, 06:01 PM
HUGE sale going on right now...

Well, apparently "Don" who works behind the counter doesn't know that there is a sale on. He refused to honor the signs posted all over the store that gloves were 20% off... :shrug:

"... the sale is only during the Open House next weekend..."

Chris S
12-06-2008, 06:24 PM

Wow, that website is hilarious - I'm going to have to remember that one! :rockwoot:

azoomm
12-06-2008, 06:29 PM
Wow, that website is hilarious - I'm going to have to remember that one! :rockwoot:

No shit, right??

I was just kindly informed the sale isn't on until next weekend for their open house - so while there are some killer deals right now on thing that have been hanging around for a while - the MAJOR sale isn't on yet...

Phenix_Rider
12-07-2008, 09:19 PM

And how many million different (and wrong) links did you get for "lonestar + BMW + Triumph"?

Chris S
12-08-2008, 08:23 AM
And how many million different (and wrong) links did you get for "lonestar + BMW + Triumph"?

The first two links are to Lonestar's home page, and every other link on the first page of search results contains the info you need to get there or call them. Google really isn't that hard, you might want to try it sometime. ;)

ScorchedCarbon
12-09-2008, 06:21 PM
Well, apparently "Don" who works behind the counter doesn't know that there is a sale on. He refused to honor the signs posted all over the store that gloves were 20% off... :shrug:

"... the sale is only during the Open House next weekend..."

Josh, my apologies. I was on vacation and since Don actually works in parts, not accessories, he didn't understand. Regardless, the sale is on as of now. If you come in and see me, Josh, I will try to make it up to you. :sorry:

JoshuaTree
12-09-2008, 06:51 PM
Josh, my apologies. I was on vacation and since Don actually works in parts, not accessories, he didn't understand. Regardless, the sale is on as of now. If you come in and see me, Josh, I will try to make it up to you. :sorry:

Fair enough - and a simple mistake, now easily remedied. I'll be in before the weekend. :dthumb:

pdog
12-09-2008, 07:46 PM
I need winter gloves. What's the best these days, esp if they are on sale at Lonestar.

JoshuaTree
12-09-2008, 08:52 PM
I need winter gloves. What's the best these days, esp if they are on sale at Lonestar.

I'll let you know after I've made my purchase, just in case you need the same size as I do and they don't have another pair... :sorry: redflip

ScorchedCarbon
12-10-2008, 10:24 AM
I just got some Held gloves in :)

Biscuit
12-12-2008, 02:23 AM
I just got some Held gloves in :)

ooh! ooh! do you have the Phantoms?? Size SM, please. :) I'll call ya tomorrow if I don't hear from ya.

JoshuaTree
12-12-2008, 02:46 AM

For those of you who think that dealer personnel are just there to collect a paycheck and not serve their customers, I give you the counter example. True to her word, our very own "ScorchedCarbon" made good on the genuine mistake made by a colleague (who, by the way, apologized profusely about the foul-up), and has earned my commitment to purchasing local - at Lone Star from the Parts and Accessories staff.

The 'discount' that the internet merchants offer pales in comparison to the value of good service from a local merchant.

Truly well done! :pat:

pdog: I picked up a pair of Olympia Gortex lined winter gloves at a very reasonable price - they kept my hands warm at an outside temp of 39F. :) Add a pair of silk liners, and they're likely good to below freezing...

pdog
12-12-2008, 01:03 PM
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll head over there tomorrow and see what they got.

pdog: I picked up a pair of Olympia Gortex lined winter gloves at a very reasonable price - they kept my hands warm at an outside temp of 39F. :) Add a pair of silk liners, and they're likely good to below freezing...

pdog
12-14-2008, 09:31 AM
Holy crap, that place was packed. Congrats to Lonestar on what looked to me like a successful open house!

Large gloves were pretty much gone by the time I got there. I picked up a pair of Cortech Scarab winter gloves from ebay instead.