PDA

View Full Version : i'm looking forward to this....

Mule
03-05-2008, 08:10 PM
]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c355/holy_hell_1976/head.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c355/holy_hell_1976/head-0310.gif[/

dReWpY
03-05-2008, 08:32 PM
would you like a turn with your straights aways?

NONE_too_SOFT
03-05-2008, 08:40 PM

jealous

Trip
03-05-2008, 08:44 PM

it's florida, you can't confuse them too much. :lol:

just teasing

r!der
03-05-2008, 08:52 PM
It's probably to simulate the on/off ramp and freeway system....What FL peeps are used to.:chopper: LOL

Mule
03-06-2008, 08:26 AM
for 150 bucks and a bunch of free swag, wtf do you all expect.... Isle of Mann?

and since this is my first time, why not more straights and less turns...reduces the chance of me go crash and burn

azoomm
03-06-2008, 09:48 AM
for 150 bucks and a bunch of free swag, wtf do you all expect.... Isle of Mann?

and since this is my first time, why not more straights and less turns...reduces the chance of me go crash and burn

Just don't point-n-squirt-n-park like the rest of the monkeys... nothing pisses off a good rider more than doing nothing but reeling in yo-yo's all day long.

Have a blast!! Straights or not, it will be a good time.

r!der
03-06-2008, 12:36 PM
I was just messing.
ANY track is better than NO track!

Just don't point-n-squirt-n-park like the rest of the monkeys... nothing pisses off a good rider more than doing nothing but reeling in yo-yo's all day long.

^^^ Don't be THAT guy.
When I started track, I used to roll off the throttle on the straights or short shift up to let the faster riders by. Nothing more frustrating than a noob on a YAMAGIX1000000RR with an unpredictable line around the corners that drag races you full throttle on the straights.
That said, concentrate on your own ride. Faster riders will/should get around YOU.

HAVE FUN!

Cutty72
03-06-2008, 12:42 PM
I wanna go to one... but 540 miles is a bit extreme

r!der
03-06-2008, 01:01 PM
Prob hard to do often, but if you really wanted to try it. You would. Once you do, you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner.

I was about to fly to Utah for a track day at Miller. The org was going to truck the bikes over in a big truck for a fee.

I've driven 350 miles after work on Friday night for a trackday Sat Morning. Where there's a will, there's a way!

Mule
03-06-2008, 06:29 PM

i'll be riding in my own skill class "Beginner" so, i get to worry about some other dillhole taking me out....

Mule
03-06-2008, 06:32 PM
I was just messing.
ANY track is better than NO track!

^^^ Don't be THAT guy.
When I started track, I used to roll off the throttle on the straights or short shift up to let the faster riders by. Nothing more frustrating than a noob on a YAMAGIX1000000RR with an unpredictable line around the corners that drag races you full throttle on the straights.
That said, concentrate on your own ride. Faster riders will/should get around YOU.

HAVE FUN!

great advice...much appreciated.

as stated before, i'll be out there with a bunch of newbs, so hopefully i won't be pissing any other riders off...and hopefully i won't get plowed into by someone else

r!der
03-06-2008, 06:49 PM
great advice...much appreciated.

as stated before, i'll be out there with a bunch of newbs, so hopefully i won't be pissing any other riders off...and hopefully i won't get plowed into by someone else

You'll have a blast man. Just take things slow and get to know the track before you try to go fast. Learn the flags.
Hit up an instructor and ask him for tips and to show you the best lines around the track. I've done like 20 trackdays and still hit up instructors and try to do atleast a few laps with them. They'll usually follow you for a bit and have you follow them for a bit.
Stay hydrated.
Start saving now cus you'll need all the money you can spare for trackdays.
LOL

Cutty72
03-06-2008, 07:05 PM
Prob hard to do often, but if you really wanted to try it. You would. Once you do, you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner.

I was about to fly to Utah for a track day at Miller. The org was going to truck the bikes over in a big truck for a fee.

I've driven 350 miles after work on Friday night for a trackday Sat Morning. Where there's a will, there's a way!

I meant to get to one of the Buell sponsored TD's.

Bout 140 miles to the closest track for me.

Mule
03-06-2008, 08:05 PM
i'm going to spend the weekend prepping the bike....

what are some of the additional items i should take....

hydration is the key, i figured that would be since you are out there in a 70 lb leather suit....

i've known people to take gas tanks and to only put in a certain amount of fuel per ride, to cut down on weight....although i'm not sure i'm going to do that....i only have a 3 gallon capacity and when i weigh 230, i hardly think limiting the amount of fuel is going to do anything...

is there anything else i'm not thinking of....

r!der
03-06-2008, 08:10 PM
Check out some the posts from ZORTNESS, like this one:
http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=237

It's a good idea to take a fuel Can.
Chairs, Shade, Snacks, lots water, change of clothes, more water, sun glasses, towel to soak in ice water for when it gets real hot.
Check the threads, lot of the stuff is covered.

Here's a good page with info.

http://ti2tt.com/trackdayinfo

vabarber2
03-07-2008, 10:01 AM
:lol: :iagree:

marko138
03-07-2008, 02:33 PM
Inside Pass is fun. I did it last year.

DLIT
03-07-2008, 03:04 PM
With all those straights, I hope you got your braking form down. If you don't, your forearms and wrists will be killing you.

papapoi
03-07-2008, 03:19 PM
There are twisties in Florida just gotta know where to look. Lot of back roads in Panhandle.:rockwoot: and :tl:

Mule
03-07-2008, 06:46 PM
There are twisties in Florida just gotta know where to look. Lot of back roads in Panhandle.:rockwoot: and :tl:

many in central and center north florida too!

dReWpY
03-07-2008, 06:55 PM
take a air compressor so you can make tire adjustments as needed

Mule
03-07-2008, 07:02 PM
take a air compressor so you can make tire adjustments as needed

i have one....but it's a 33 gal 175 psi mobile upright craftsman....

i was thinking, they will have a shop open and people changing tires, i may be able to make adjustments then...

all great advice!

i'm running at about 38 psi right now for the street

r!der
03-07-2008, 11:54 PM
You'll want to run lower psi for the track. Ask the tire guy what he recommends.
I bought a bicycle pump for $25, comes in real handy at the track.

Mule
03-08-2008, 09:28 AM
weather conditions are going to be perfect for the buell....
temps in the mid 60's with a highs in the low 70's.....

azoomm
03-08-2008, 09:39 AM
many in central and center north florida too!

I've ridden what you people call *twisties*. I hate to break it to you... those aren't twisties. ;) Though, they are better than a straight grid pattern.

#1 thing to remember... your bike key.

OneSickPsycho
03-08-2008, 09:41 AM
I've ridden what you people call *twisties*. I hate to break it to you... those aren't twisties. ;) Though, they are better than a straight grid pattern.

#1 thing to remember... your bike key.

There are honest to goodness twisties out there... I've ridden them... Some people think that 130mph sweepers are twisties... I am not one of them...

marko138
03-10-2008, 12:23 PM
i have one....but it's a 33 gal 175 psi mobile upright craftsman....

i was thinking, they will have a shop open and people changing tires, i may be able to make adjustments then...

all great advice!

i'm running at about 38 psi right now for the street

Thats about the size of mine. Not really track friendly.