PDA

View Full Version : Saturn Aura - Quality

pauldun170
12-05-2008, 10:42 PM
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/LongTerm/articleId=121777/pageId=154923

ontwo
12-05-2008, 10:53 PM
Cliff notes version, plz

pauldun170
12-05-2008, 11:10 PM
Cliff notes version, plz

ok car back and forth to the shop.

ontwo
12-05-2008, 11:15 PM
Cool. Thanks

Homeslice
12-05-2008, 11:18 PM
Saturn? Quality?

Carolina
12-05-2008, 11:34 PM
This thread = FAIL

FT BSTRD
12-05-2008, 11:51 PM
I frequently rent cars.

I like the Aura and the G6 best.

I believe the G6 is the better cousin of the bunch (the new Malibu also).

The interior of the Aura interior isn't as "tight" as the G6. The G6 is also more comfortable.

The 3.6ltr engine is punchy and fairly smooth. The transmission is also pretty good.

I like the suspension for the group as well. It's tight and fairly sporty. Body lean is well handled but it doesn't rattle your guts out like my Acura.

I'm not a Big Three fan. This platform is one I would buy with my own money.

Homeslice
12-06-2008, 12:16 AM
I frequently rent cars.

The interior of the Aura interior isn't as "tight" as the G6. The G6 is also more comfortable.

The 3.6ltr engine is punchy and fairly smooth. The transmission is also pretty good.

I like the suspension for the group as well. It's tight and fairly sporty. Body lean is well handled but it doesn't rattle your guts out like my Acura.

plusone

The G6 has very supportive seats, rare for an American car. The dimensions and sightlines are friendly, and the suspension is taut. Only issue I had with that car is the wind noise.

Amber Lamps
12-06-2008, 01:34 AM
I frequently rent cars.

I agree,I really like the G6 and almost bought the G8 but decided I'd be better off without a car payment right now.

FT BSTRD
12-06-2008, 09:57 AM
I agree,I really like the G6 and almost bought the G8 but decided I'd be better off without a car payment right now.

The G8 is stunning. I WANT one bad!

This the first time in history I've been really interested in multiple GM models.

I also LOVE the Enclave/Outlook/Acadia. The Enclave is simply beautiful.

Cutty72
12-08-2008, 03:52 PM
The G8 is stunning. I WANT one bad!

This the first time in history I've been really interested in multiple GM models.

I also LOVE the Enclave/Outlook/Acadia. The Enclave is simply beautiful.

Outlook vs Acadia -> Outlook. Save a couple grand and get the same rig.
Sometimes better treatment at a Saturn dealer.
Small tip, go at the end of the month. Ask the salesman how many more rigs they need to get out to hit their goal. If you are working on the last one for the goal, they will (probably) be more willing to work with you.

Enclave is going to be the nicests IMO, but It's a buick... so its supposed to be. and you pay for it too.

pauldun170
12-08-2008, 04:07 PM
FYI: Looks like Saturn is on its way out. GM said to have made serious cuts.

Cutty72
12-08-2008, 07:48 PM
FYI: Looks like Saturn is on its way out. GM said to have made serious cuts.

I think that's gonna hurt. Saturn has more of a cult following than Buell!!!

2up
12-08-2008, 09:03 PM
I have an Aura. Got it in February. Comfy and decent pickup and looks really nice as well. (That's as much car input as you'll get from me!) This is my 4th Saturn. (I lease) The SL2's I had were great cars and had no problems with them. The ION sucked ass and I couldn't wait to get rid of the rolling piece of shit that it was. I really like the Aura. Except I had to get an automatic transmission and prefer manual, but the Aura isn't made in a manual. :shrug:

ETA: Just read the whole article. Its about a 2007 Aura. Haven't had problems with my 08 Aura.

Particle Man
12-08-2008, 09:37 PM
Cliff notes version, plz

it's a car made of Coke bottles and people expect it to be a BMW.

They get disappointed.

The end.

Homeslice
12-08-2008, 09:40 PM
The ION sucked ass and I couldn't wait to get rid of the rolling piece of shit that it was.
plus one

the center-mounted gauges in that car were mad ghey...

not to mention the dash plastics looked like romper room

Particle Man
12-08-2008, 09:43 PM
the center-mounted gauges in that car were mad ghey...

plus a motherfucking gazillion

I drove one and kept trying to figure out what a-hole engineer thought it would be a good idea to put the gauges even FURTHER away from the line of sight of the driver.

2up
12-08-2008, 09:59 PM
If I recall correctly the reason for the center mount gauges was because it would more easily allow for the same platform to be used to manufacture cars for countries that drive on the left side of the road. They'd just have to kind of swivel the center piece. It did take me awhile to get used to!

Over-all, the car was just CHEAP. Not inexpensive, cheap.

Particle Man
12-08-2008, 10:00 PM
If I recall correctly the reason for the center mount gauges was because it would more easily allow for the same platform to be used to manufacture cars for countries that drive on the left side of the road.

oh goody, even worse than a dumbass engineer: a TIGHT WAD dumbass engineer :lol:

Mudpuppy
12-08-2008, 10:33 PM

i almost opted for a G8 on my last car when i turned in my speed6 but they build the motherfucker in Australia so my car allowance program won't allow it - which is pretty fucking gay if you ask me.. i work for a company out of germany and they make me lease or buy a car with a FAP in north america..

FT BSTRD
12-08-2008, 10:37 PM
i almost opted for a G8 on my last car when i turned in my speed6 but they build the motherfucker in Australia so my car allowance program won't allow it - which is pretty fucking gay if you ask me.. i work for a company out of germany and they make me lease or buy a car with a FAP in north america..

Just tell them the G8 makes you "fap, fap, fap, fap". :drool:

Mudpuppy
12-08-2008, 10:43 PM
Just tell them the G8 makes you "fap, fap, fap, fap". :drool:

that G8 is bad ass.. i am not sure if it is out but there were supposed to come out with a GXP version.. 400 some hp.. it looked very bad ass.. i drive 3 miles to work so bring on the v8 and i laugh at $5 a gallon..

well i would tell them whatever i want but:

1. my speed6 had a FAP of Hiroshima so they frowned on that but my old boss told them to fuck off so they let me keep it

2. they revised the auto policy and sent it to only the offenders - me and the brits who leased or bought land rovers because they were "owned by ford".. and it was very clear any violations would end your allowance - which is about $7,000 a year so i am not fucking with that plus my boss that stuck up for me went to india so i can't get away with it anymore..