PDA

View Full Version : Homestead/Screwface update

jgalt
12-06-2008, 08:39 PM
Well the last weekend of the year has arrived, and the Screwface boys are at it again. As usual we made our Publix run and got to the track with plenty of time to set up. We relaxed and caught up with some buddies we haven't seen in 97 days.

We skipped the first session as usual to try and avoid the kamikaze pilots. We were surprised to see no red flags. We thought it was safe to go in the water for session two, only to see three red flags inside of six laps. Luckily no one was hurt to bad and only one bike burned to the ground. Thankfully it wasn't one of ours.

We survived our first session unscathed and went on to enjoy a nice peaceful day from there on out. Bill had a moment when a rider high sided in front of him. He ran over a part of the other rider, but managed to keep it upright. Sean and I had some good back and forth battle all day. Sean clipped me with a 1:35, while I fell off the pace with a 1:36. All is good though and we look forward to some inter-team battling tomorrow. Maybe even a little wood for our troubles.

The weather was absolutely awesome and tomorrow looks like more of the same, so you guys come on out and support us while we wrap a good 2008 season.:dthumb:

Ninjakel
12-06-2008, 09:07 PM
awesome!!! glad you guys had a good practice!!! Good luck tomorrow!

Curb
12-06-2008, 09:08 PM
Well the last weekend of the year has arrived, and the Screwface boys are at it again. As usual we made our Publix run and got to the track with plenty of time to set up. We relaxed and caught up with some buddies we haven't seen in 97 days.

We skipped the first session as usual to try and avoid the kamikaze pilot, were surprised to see no red flags. We thought it was safe to go in the water for session two, only to see three red flags inside of six laps. Luckily no one was hurt to bad and only one bike burned to the ground. Thankfully it was one of ours.

We survived our first session unscathed and went on to enjoy a nice peaceful day from there on out. Bill had a moment when a rider high sided in front of him. He ran over a part of the other rider, but managed to keep it upright. Sean and I had some good back and forth battle all day. Sean clipped me with a 1:35, while I fell off the pace with a 1:36. All is good though and we look forward to some inter-team battling tomorrow. Maybe even a little wood for our troubles.

The weather was absolutely awesome and tomorrow looks like more of the same, so you guys come on out and support us while we wrap a good 2008 season.:dthumb:that's cause he's cheating...you see that pizza plate he has for a sprocket:whistle:

jgalt
12-06-2008, 09:52 PM
that's cause he's cheating...you see that pizza plate he has for a sprocket:whistle: I was surprised they let him thru tech thinking he was a stunter.

Curb
12-06-2008, 10:01 PM
I was surprised they let him thru tech thinking he was a stunter.
i'm just happy that nothing fell off that i put on:lol:

Moto Phil
12-06-2008, 10:49 PM
I might come down and check it out. Got a lot to do tomorrow before leaving for a trip this week so it may be late in the afternoon. Anyhow, hope you Sean & Bill pick-up plenty of fire wood tomorrow to burn at camp fires for the winter.

Found a pic of Screw Face's pit bitch hard at work for shits and giggles.......

http://i34.tinypic.com/2yz0i1g.jpg

AquaPython
12-06-2008, 11:11 PM
good luck guys. save me some take offs!

Curb
12-07-2008, 12:02 AM
I might come down and check it out. Got a lot to do tomorrow before leaving for a trip this week so it may be late in the afternoon. Anyhow, hope you Sean & Bill pick-up plenty of fire wood tomorrow to burn at camp fires for the winter.

Found a pic of Screw Face's pit bitch hard at work for shits and giggles.......

http://i34.tinypic.com/2yz0i1g.jpgthat's what happens when the bikes are running smoothly. i get to relax:D

RadFace750
12-07-2008, 01:25 AM
Good Luck! :rockwoot:

LOZ
12-07-2008, 02:00 AM
where do these races take place in Homestead? how much to spectate?

save me a rear tire please!

Curb
12-07-2008, 02:07 AM
where do these races take place in Homestead? how much to spectate?

save me a rear tire please!they're at the speedway down there and its $20 to watch.

LOZ
12-07-2008, 03:03 AM
they're at the speedway down there and its $20 to watch.

yeah, I overlooked the title. :zowned:

speedylocksmith
12-07-2008, 11:45 PM
i talked to Ev and bich today. Glad noone had any mishaps and everyone made it home in one piece. Sorry I missed out, I was tied up today until 7pm

AquaEv77
12-08-2008, 01:17 PM
jgalt got wood :whistle:

great job to all of you guys, glad to see you :rockwoot:

AquaEv77
12-08-2008, 01:18 PM
i talked to Ev and bich today. Glad noone had any mishaps and everyone made it home in one piece. Sorry I missed out, I was tied up today until 7pm

tied up..

kinky :whistle:

jgalt
12-09-2008, 09:45 AM
Thanks, Gus for the supportive words, I really appreciate it. I actually went three for three in holeshots Sunday. Twice in the GTU and once in the MWSS race. Sean got by me in the GTU race, and checked out while I slid back to fifth. In MWSS He got by me again, but I was able to stay on him. We had an incredible four or five bike battle going on. I was surprised we were running 1:35's because we were jacking each other in every turn. I got lucky when Sean blew through turn 2 on the last lap, and the other guy we were running with blew three. I thought for sure they would be trying up the inside of every turn to the checkered flag, so I just tried to take it as deep as I could in each turn. I got to the last turn and caught a lapper, and was like, "OH CRap"! I made a good decision and took him on the outside to collect my first piece of wood in fifth place.

Also, Bill had a good day in Formula Forty, and we think we collected enough points to get 2nd for the season in that class, So a Huge Congrats to him.

A big Congrats to Sean who had a good season, and will be sporting a white plate next year.

And Gus, WOW dude, you had an awesome year. It was great getting to know you, and watching you lay waste to the Am. field. We will be rooting for you next year. You deserved it, a keep up the hard work.

I am lazy, so I copied and pasted this from Sofla. I would also like to thank the guy in the Middleweight SS race who bounced off of me. Had it not been for that, I may not have been angry enough to ride as hard as I did to get fifth.:dthumb:

AquaPython
12-09-2008, 09:52 AM
so something about you guys blowing each other, and three other guys, and there was some wood involved. got it.

jgalt
12-09-2008, 10:24 AM
so something about you guys blowing each other, and three other guys, and there was some wood involved. got it.

Sean blew it because I told him to.

Hondahugger
12-09-2008, 10:25 AM
Sean blew it because he was already on his knees.Fixed :whistle:

Moni
12-09-2008, 10:26 AM
You guys did great and it was nice to see you all.

R6Chick
12-09-2008, 10:28 AM
CONGRATS GUYS!!!:rockwoot:

So does "white plate" mean expert races for Sean?

shmike
12-09-2008, 10:49 AM
CONGRATS GUYS!!!:rockwoot:

So does "white plate" mean expert races for Sean?

Yep exciting and intimidating at the same time.

R6Chick
12-09-2008, 10:53 AM
Yep exciting and intimidating at the same time.

Awesome! I'm sure you'll do great.

AquaEv77
12-09-2008, 12:46 PM
:rockout: :rockwoot:

speedylocksmith
12-09-2008, 01:27 PM
Yep exciting and intimidating at the same time.at least you can still watch gus pass you :lmao:

BICH
12-09-2008, 11:28 PM
why's that shit gotta be WHITE CRAKA!:whistle:
just playin Congrat's!!!:dthumb: