PDA

View Full Version : Heading Home!!

BiGtItSmGgEe
12-07-2008, 03:50 AM
OK!! So we had a great vacation. Two weeks off from work and being able to spend time with my family which I only get to see once a year. I was able to accomplish one thing that I have always wanted to do, which was climbing up a mountain and stand under a huge waterfall. It was the highlight of the trip and the next thing is to see snow.

We were able to take plenty of pictures and most of them are already posted on our myspace. I will try to post some here but we took over 800 or more pictures (Mike has a thing for mountains). We also got to go swimming in very hot and steamy volcano water. Mike saw live hot red lava from an active volcano and went on a tour inside a bat cave.

We visited alot of small towns and spent alot of time relaxing and hanging with the family. Unfortunately Mike is afraid of heights but I'm not, so I did a canopy thing where you are hanging from a cable and you swing from one side of a mountain to another.

We did go out drinking a little but not as much as last year. We also hit about 2 strip clubs which are pretty cheap and fun out here. (lol)

The one thing that kind of got to me was the poverty and homeless kids. It got me thinking and wanting to do something. I might not be able to help the whole country but I have to start somewhere. My parents own 6 acres of land in a very small town. At this time my mom is trying her best to make money and try to help reconstruct the small elementary school they have. I was thinking of doing a bbq and maybe having people donate clothes, toys, money, school supplies, etc. anything u can think of that can help those kids out.

I also wanted to plan maybe a small trip for everyone that donated stuff to come out to the country and have some fun but also visit and get to know the kids and family that they helped out. Together with my mom I want to help rebuild that school and maybe build some homes and help change someones life for the better.

I want to be an old lady and know that I helped make a diff. in someones life. Not just some old bum who decided to not go to school or ran away from home but someone who wants to be someone in life but has to walk 2 hours just to get to class. Where there is no a/c, barely any supplies, and no money for food.

Please let me know if I have ur support in this. I want to get together as much as I can to send to these poor families. If u guys could see what their homes, showers, and bathrooms looked like I know u would be on ur knees thanking God for what u have.

I'm sorry if this is a little sad but it's life and sometimes we r blinded by our surroundings and don't realize whats going on in the rest of the world. Well thanks for ur attention and I hope I have the support of many of you. Once I know if I have a good amount of people backing me up then I will get a little bbq going so everyone can come out and donate a little something.

Well guys sorry for the sad part but other than that Mike and I had a great vacation and at this moment we are breaking night to get ready around 4:30. To head out to the airport at 5 am. and we fly back home. We missed all of u very much and can't wait to see u guys soon!!

:dthumb:

LOZ
12-07-2008, 04:57 PM
cliffs: you had a good vacation and you are coming back.

:rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

vickibocc
12-07-2008, 10:52 PM
cliffs: you had a good vacation and you are coming back.

:rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

NOOO

cliffs: they had a good vacation but were taken aback by all the poverty so she wants to do something to raise money, food, clothes to help out the kids and the country and is asking for advice and ideas

Hondahugger
12-07-2008, 11:05 PM
Yas, my step-moms family is in Nicaragua and I'm sure they could do something as well. Let know what I can help with.

Glad you guys had a great time and hope you have a great flight.

See you guys soon!

LOZ
12-07-2008, 11:13 PM
NOOO

cliffs: they had a good vacation but were taken aback by all the poverty so she wants to do something to raise money, food, clothes to help out the kids and the country and is asking for advice and ideas

I obviously just read the last 2 sentences. :panic: :whistle:

In all seriousness, your best bet is probably to join a charity work company and try to focus their attention on your home area. or you can do what my grandma does....

my grandma has 2 big boxes in her living room and she collects all the clothes and shoes and things that are just rolling around the house in her house, my mom's house, my aunt's, etc. and then she ships them back to my country for anyone to take away. thats her way of helping those around her community.

Leon
12-07-2008, 11:36 PM
How about helping people in THIS country.

Just a thought.

speedylocksmith
12-07-2008, 11:38 PM
I heard you guys needed a ride home from the airport and you and Bill called me. I didn't recognize the numbers and was a bit "tied up". Next time leave a message and I'd have called you back :dthumb:

vickibocc
12-08-2008, 12:42 AM
I heard you guys needed a ride home from the airport and you and Bill called me. I didn't recognize the numbers and was a bit "tied up". Next time leave a message and I'd have called you back :dthumb:

It's cool Jeff...I got them.:dthumb:

speedylocksmith
12-08-2008, 03:02 AM
:diitb:

AquaEv77
12-08-2008, 01:14 PM
YAS!! im glad you had a good time
and I know how you feel about wanting to help

Everything you mentioned is the same in Colombia
I saw and did all those things as well back in Dec/Jan 06/07

I help out here best i can or send elsewhere what i can :dthumb:

BiGtItSmGgEe
12-08-2008, 03:11 PM
thx for all the advice guys... and it's cool Jeff, Vicki picked us up!!

thx again Vicks!

Oh and leon the reason I want to help people over there and not over here is b/c most people in south american countries don't have all the goverment help that people get out here. They actually bust there asses to do something diff. w/ their lives but poverty always holds them down. I met alot of kids who walk miles to go to school and some r studying to become doctors, lawyers, dentist, etc. but it's hard when there is no help. Atleast here u can get help from shelters, the gov., etc.

Ninjakel
12-08-2008, 03:12 PM
Its not that easy for white caucasians.

shmike
12-08-2008, 03:15 PM
Its not that easy for white caucasians.

As opposed to black, yellow or red caucasians? :scratch:

And yes, it is.

Ninjakel
12-08-2008, 03:16 PM
No its not. I speak from experience. No, it isn't.

Hondahugger
12-08-2008, 03:18 PM
No its not. I speak from experience. No, it isn't.I'll back you up Kel, No it isn't!

Leon
12-08-2008, 03:24 PM
Yeah, the man is always holding us white folk down!

shmike
12-08-2008, 03:29 PM
It is very tough to make anything of yourself in this country unless you are a minority. :poke:

Ninjakel
12-08-2008, 03:30 PM
:lol: :lol:

BiGtItSmGgEe
12-08-2008, 05:35 PM
:whistle:

buzzcutt2
12-08-2008, 05:39 PM
Yeah, the man is always holding us white folk down!

In prison? :idk:

AquaPython
12-08-2008, 05:49 PM
welcome back guys. looking fwd to seeing the pics