PDA

View Full Version : Ford gauges interest in Fusion’s dashboard

Gas Man
12-09-2008, 06:51 PM
http://msnbcmedia4.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/081209-bwforddash-hlrg-9a.hlarge.jpg

This explains the vine thing... thought that is interesting. Too bad I'd own a bunch of sticks n twigs

In order to play into the research finding that drivers are looking for a high score when it comes to fuel efficiency, one high-resolution LCD screen on the dash features an eye-catching rendering of curling vines blooming with green leaves. It's more than a decorative element; it's a data-visualization tool intended to change the way people drive.

If a driver wastes gas by aggressively accelerating or slamming on the brakes, for example, the vine withers and leaves disappear. More leaves appear if individuals drive more economically. The system will be standard on all new Fusion Hybrids, which will start at about $27,000.

I really think that with the govt forcing them into new inovative stuff that we are going to see alow of new shit come out real quick!

ceo012384
12-09-2008, 06:55 PM
Explain to me how slamming on the brakes wastes gas...?

Gas Man
12-09-2008, 07:06 PM
Cause you could more efficiently use the cars enurcia (sp?) to coast, while doing so, using little gas but still covering good distance

Captain Morgan
12-09-2008, 07:26 PM
The way I drive, that vine would shrivel up and die in about 15 minutes. Then it would turn black and crumble into dust in the next 5.

DLIT
12-09-2008, 07:52 PM

Well, you see, it's quite simple. Retards engineer Fords. Leaves falling off of a vine displayed on your dashboard amuse said retards, so they make them fall off every chance they get.

DLIT
12-09-2008, 07:53 PM
Cause you could more efficiently use the cars enurcia (sp?) to coast, while doing so, using little gas but still covering good distance

Inertia. Are you talking about before you're about to slow down, coast a bit? Because all coasting does is slow you down and start pissing other drivers off.

Homeslice
12-09-2008, 08:32 PM
No tach? Ghey.

ducati_atx
12-09-2008, 08:40 PM
Inertia. Are you talking about before you're about to slow down, coast a bit? Because all coasting does is slow you down and start pissing other drivers off.

lots of the hippies who get 100mpg on their prius use the accel + coast deal to increase their mileage. Unfortunately, in addition to being annoying as fuck on the highway - its also illegal in many states.

fatbuckRTO
12-09-2008, 08:51 PM
It's bad enough they have bells that won't shut the fuck up when I don't buckle my seatbelt or I have something other than a person sitting in the passenger seat. Now my fucking car is going to critique my driving? Get the fuck out of here.

Dnyce
12-09-2008, 09:11 PM
Well, you see, it's quite simple. Retards engineer Fords. Leaves falling off of a vine displayed on your dashboard amuse said retards, so they make them fall off every chance they get.

:lol:

but seriously, now u got people watching the fuckin vines instead of the road, and therefore changing lanes in front of me. they dont see bikers as it is. not too sure on this one-but its a new way of thinking/attacking a problem, thats always good

Corey
12-09-2008, 09:14 PM
Sweet. Wonder how many douche bags are going to slam into a wall or something because they're paying more attention to the fucking vines than actual driving.

Gas Man
12-09-2008, 11:10 PM

Yes. Inertia... thank you.

lots of the hippies who get 100mpg on their prius use the accel + coast deal to increase their mileage. Unfortunately, in addition to being annoying as fuck on the highway - its also illegal in many states.

Did anybody see the latest Top Gear where they put the gay Prius against a BMW M3. The M3 got better gas milage around the track than the Prius. They had the P go around the track as fast as it could, the M3 just had to keep up (easy for the M). The P got 17mpg and the M got 19mpg.

Their conclusion...

Don't get a gay hybrid car and expect great mpg if you drive like an ass. Instead get a sweet car and drive more reasonably. Its your driving habbits that make alot of cars have shitty MPG.

I myself can attest to that with my Trailblazer SS.

Rsv1000R
12-10-2008, 08:13 AM
It's a matter of inertia, takes energy to accelerate mass, we get that energy from gas. The more mass you accelerate, and the faster you accelerate it, the more fuel you use. Once at speed it becomes a matter of how efficient the engine is at making the hp to maintain your current speed.

When you brake, you throw the energy used to accelerate away as heat.

I saw that Top Gear, another good show...

But speaking of all of this, you see there's going to be a car-czar? I've heard Henry Waxman's name mentioned about wanting such a role. Whoever he is, We're going to have a single green bureaucratic idiot telling the car companies what products they're suppose to be investing in. I predict major fail.

Phenix_Rider
12-10-2008, 08:25 AM
It's a matter of inertia, takes energy to accelerate mass, we get that energy from gas. The more mass you accelerate, and the faster you accelerate it, the more fuel you use. Once at speed it becomes a matter of how efficient the engine is at making the hp to maintain your current speed.

But speaking of all of this, you see there's going to be a car-czar? I've heard Henry Waxman's name mentioned about wanting such a role. Whoever he is, We're going to have a single green bureaucratic idiot telling the car companies what products they're suppose to be investing in. I predict major fail.

Yeah really. Haven't companies been fighting for DEregulation for decades? So much for frre-market capitalism.

Chris S
12-10-2008, 08:40 AM
Another car to add to my list of cars I'll never buy.

ducati_atx
12-10-2008, 08:57 AM
Another car to add to my list of cars I'll never buy.

oddly enough, I had already written off the brand as a whole... I like to keep my list short and easy to remember.

Dave
12-10-2008, 09:20 AM

well major domestic fail anyway.

Rider
12-10-2008, 09:32 AM
So the contest is going to be: who has the most fucked up looking vines wins. :dthumb:

Rsv1000R
12-10-2008, 09:37 AM
well major domestic fail anyway.

I think their trucks and suv's aren't bad, and I have an F-Body, and a vette which both offer execelent performance.

You want a glimpse at what kind of cars we're going to get? Look at the cars the masses in europe drive, 2,3, and 4 cylinders shoeboxes.

pauldun170
12-10-2008, 10:08 AM
http://www.autobloggreen.com/2008/12/09/autobloggreen-wins-ford-fusion-hybrid-mileage-challenge-43-1-mp/

ceo012384
12-10-2008, 12:35 PM
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff187/ceo012384/dc4c5f80.jpg

Captain Morgan
12-10-2008, 12:50 PM
Sweet. Wonder how many douche bags are going to slam into a wall or something because they're paying more attention to the fucking vines than actual driving.

Most likely. I remember several years ago some company sold some goofy keychains with an "electronic pet." You had to feed the pet, give it attention, take it for walks, etc. If you didn't do enough for the pet, the keychain would beep at you and eventually the pet would die from neglect. People were getting in wrecks because they were paying more attention to their "pet" than they were paying to actually driving. Could very well be the same thing with this damn vine thing.

Corey
12-10-2008, 01:15 PM
Most likely. I remember several years ago some company sold some goofy keychains with an "electronic pet." You had to feed the pet, give it attention, take it for walks, etc. If you didn't do enough for the pet, the keychain would beep at you and eventually the pet would die from neglect. People were getting in wrecks because they were paying more attention to their "pet" than they were paying to actually driving. Could very well be the same thing with this damn vine thing.

Replace electronic pet with Cellphone and it's the same fucking story. I've been extremely close to getting plowed into by idiots talking on their phone and not paying attention to the road. If they do realize they're about to fuck up and cause serious damage, there's only a half fleeting moment of recognition. Otherwise they just don't realize they're swerving into another car or trying to occupy the same space that my car is in at the same time.

I wish every single person talking on a cell phone while driving would have a catastrophic blowout, flipping their car and ejecting them from their vehicle. I hope their vehicle explodes and it's not covered by insurance. I hope when their mangled body hits the road, it's split in half by a truck and their ass lands on their head, pinning them down. I hope a dog sees the person's mouth agape and skull fucks these idiots and blows a load right in their mouth. And while they're lying there, with dog cum in their mouth and split in half, I hope their lower body finally loses tension and releases its hold on the piss and shit that they've been holding until they get to work and all of it just drips into their mouth so that their final moments are spent with a mouth full of their own piss and shit, as well as a load from a satisfied dog.

Particle Man
12-10-2008, 04:14 PM

because we get pissed if we're behind them and horse it to get around their dumb asses. :lol: