PDA

View Full Version : its the OMG I GOT A JOB thread!!

LOZ
12-10-2008, 01:00 AM
I gotta say big ups to mr Mike(WaterSnake) :rockwoot: for referring me to the job at the call center where he works. Im glad that I was able to get this opportunity cause I was seriously down to my last few hundred dollars.... :panic: I got a good schedule, 7am to 4pm. so I will be able to attend school full time after next semester. :rockwoot:

I nailed the interview and the typing test was a breeze, thanks to my :pwhore2: skills! :rockwoot:... there was some chic there looking for a job with a thong so high up her ass... my jaw just dropped, Im like, how the fuck do you expect to get hired when your underwear is showing and cutting your circulation!! :idk::whistle::dthumb:

I got training tomorrow at 8am, so no more late night forum whoring for me. this will be my last night up this late.

once again, thanks Mike.

-Loz

t-homo
12-10-2008, 01:10 AM
Congrats man.

speedylocksmith
12-10-2008, 01:24 AM
about time you took that job!! Better than nothing and you can always look for something better

Captain Morgan
12-10-2008, 02:10 AM
Congrats. Call center, huh? Get ready for some fun times getting walked on by customers. A guy called me Monday and said, "I want you to call my FC and leave him a message to fax me whatever it was he was going to fax. His voicemail message is too long and I don't have the patience to listen to it, so you can call it and wait. I have to go take a shower." Of course, I have to kiss his ass and thank him for his fucking business when what I really wanted to say was, "gee, jackass, you probably spent more time waiting on hold for me to pick up and then talking to me than you would have waited for his voicemail message, so you can just eat a dick and call him yourself. Have a nice day."

LOZ
12-10-2008, 02:14 AM
I already worked in a call center for 2 years, so there will be no surprise here. I can deal with the bullshit.

I gotta give it a shot first... so I have to see how it goes... its always a test for both, me and the job itself. they told me its a seasonal position till the end of january where they would decide to keep me or not. based on performance and attendance. if I really dont like the job, I can let them know that Im not interested in continuing employment there after January.... but times are rough man... I honestly searched and searched for 2 full months without any luck.

you gotta do what you gotta do. :idk:

Captain Morgan
12-10-2008, 03:23 AM
I already worked in a call center for 2 years, so there will be no surprise here. I can deal with the bullshit.

I gotta give it a shot first... so I have to see how it goes... its always a test for both, me and the job itself. they told me its a seasonal position till the end of january where they would decide to keep me or not. based on performance and attendance. if I really dont like the job, I can let them know that Im not interested in continuing employment there after January.... but times are rough man... I honestly searched and searched for 2 full months without any luck.

you gotta do what you gotta do. :idk:

Oh, I understand completely. I've been at my job for the past 2 years. I've been searching for another job in a different city for the past 1.5 years. I feel your pain, believe me.

Quick281
12-10-2008, 03:28 AM
Congrats on the job, I am up and about later today to get the ball rolling myself.

OneSickPsycho
12-10-2008, 07:53 AM
What will you be doing?

Hondahugger
12-10-2008, 08:24 AM
Congratualtions Carlos, I've been keeping my fingers crossed for you. I know you hated your last position but remember, when one door closes, another door opens. Make the best of it but keep looking for something that you really want, especially since it's a seasonal thing and could be over in January, even if you decide you don't want to continue after that. I have faith in you and know that you'll do a great job no matter what you're doing!

AquaPython
12-10-2008, 08:35 AM
your welcome carlos - thanks for not making me look bad and fucking up the interview after i vouched for ya! lol

hope it works out for you, at least for the time being.

vickibocc
12-10-2008, 10:02 AM
Congrats!!!

buzzcutt2
12-10-2008, 11:33 AM
Congrats...drinks are on LOZ. :rockwoot:

Hondahugger
12-10-2008, 11:37 AM
Congrats...drinks are on LOZ. :rockwoot:
He still owes me a beer dammitt!

SoFlaSV
12-10-2008, 11:37 AM
Congrats, now I need one too.

Ninjakel
12-10-2008, 12:19 PM
congrats!

buzzcutt2
12-10-2008, 01:23 PM
Congrats, now I need one too.

A beer?

AquaEv77
12-10-2008, 03:40 PM
congrats carlitos :rockwoot: :rockwoot:

Lino
12-10-2008, 04:46 PM
good job, on getting a job

Moto Phil
12-10-2008, 10:48 PM
Congrats LOZ....... Wishing you the best. :dthumb:

LOZ
12-10-2008, 10:49 PM
Thanks yall :rockwoot:

thirdgenlxi
12-10-2008, 11:08 PM
Congrats!!

Hopefully I'll be able to post in here soon

:zowned: <--- me

AquaPython
12-11-2008, 09:01 AM
Congrats!!

Hopefully I'll be able to post in here soon

:zowned: <--- me

whats up jared

what does that mean, you are moving back?

Ninjakel
12-11-2008, 09:02 AM
He lost his job up in Georgia.

SoFlaSV
12-11-2008, 09:12 AM
A beer?

I'll take a beer, but I really need a job.

Ninjakel
12-11-2008, 09:16 AM
me too. At least for a few months.

LOZ
12-11-2008, 10:01 AM
me too. At least for a few months.

You should go apply. is close to your house so you really wouldnt spend much on gas/sunpass.

$10/hr guaranteed 40 a week.

they were already asking me to sign up for OT so im gonna be putting a few extra hours next week.... so I know this gig will cover me for the month of January at least.

BICH
12-11-2008, 10:20 AM
Cool man:dthumb:

LOZ
12-11-2008, 01:51 PM
Cool man:dthumb:

I could still use an extra $25 :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Andie
12-14-2008, 10:39 AM
Congrats! Times are tough... I've been looking- soliciting for work, applying, everything since August! I've landed ONE interview, then a second interview there- only to be told a few weeks later their business slowed so much they couldn't afford to hire me.. **BUT we will if we get busier**
So I'm still here living off unemployment which should run out very soon. NOT FUN.

Up here seems so many mom and pop shops are all closing their doors. It's sad really.

I'm glad I can use the workroom in the garage for my computer repair business!! It's better than nothing, but even that is terribly slow.