Can't wait.. Only... about 7 weeks away.. :rockwoot:

:draggin:

Trip
03-07-2008, 07:47 AM
CEO I think is going.

ceo012384
03-10-2008, 01:27 AM
I'll be there for sure dude.

I was thinking recently since you and I will be in diff. groups we could take photo and video of eachother during our sessions... I haven't been satisfied with the amount/angle/position of stuff the prof. photog has gotten of me at any of the three days I went to... It's really helpful for me to see myself riding from a bystander's perspective.

dubbs
03-10-2008, 09:42 AM
I'll be there for sure dude.

I was thinking recently since you and I will be in diff. groups we could take photo and video of eachother during our sessions... I haven't been satisfied with the amount/angle/position of stuff the prof. photog has gotten of me at any of the three days I went to... It's really helpful for me to see myself riding from a bystander's perspective.

The first day, I'll definitely be in the Red group so yeah, I would do that..

We can get different turns per session I guess, I have a decent point and shoot camera.. It takes vids, but none that you would want.. So hopefully you have a vid cam..

marko138
03-10-2008, 10:18 AM
I'm seeing that most of the time the track photog sucks donkey dick.

Trip
03-10-2008, 11:10 AM
I'm seeing that most of the time the track photog sucks donkey dick.

This is true and then they charge you $30 per picture. Fags. The photog's at the gap are usually pretty good and they charge $5. We need them at track days.

marko138
03-10-2008, 11:11 AM
This is true and then they charge you $30 per picture. Fags. The photog's at the gap are usually pretty good and they charge $5. We need them at track days.

Get them on board.

ceo012384
03-11-2008, 12:47 AM
The first day, I'll definitely be in the Red group so yeah, I would do that..

We can get different turns per session I guess, I have a decent point and shoot camera.. It takes vids, but none that you would want.. So hopefully you have a vid cam..
I can borrow from work a sick DSLR we have... there is a decent lens with it but one with more zoom would be nice.

For vids, I usually just use my point and shoot. Maybe someone could lend one to one of us...

I just want some decent photos and footage of myself, from a couple good angles and from a bunch of the turns.

Hmmm
New plan: find hot girl who's into photography and has nice equipment... and date her for a week surrounding april 28-9 :lol:
You bring killboy and andrea to NHIS, fucker. Make a road trip out of it. You guys would probably do very well at NHIS because of the gap... it's tight and technical.

dubbs
03-11-2008, 12:24 PM
I can borrow from work a sick DSLR we have... there is a decent lens with it but one with more zoom would be nice.

For vids, I usually just use my point and shoot. Maybe someone could lend one to one of us...

I just want some decent photos and footage of myself, from a couple good angles and from a bunch of the turns.

Hmmm
New plan: find hot girl who's into photography and has nice equipment... and date her for a week surrounding april 28-9 :lol:

You bring killboy and andrea to NHIS, fucker. Make a road trip out of it. You guys would probably do very well at NHIS because of the gap... it's tight and technical.

Bring that DSLR.. I can use both of our point n shoots for vids I guess..

They are definitely watchable with ok audio..

About that new plan.. Good luck with that.. :diitb:

Trip
03-11-2008, 12:31 PM
I would come, but Andrea would have me slaughtered, I am doing a double track day the weekend before this and have another motorcycle related event the weekend before that.

jalaan1
03-11-2008, 12:57 PM
would love to tag along with dubbs from out here in LI.
alas i'm broke as fuck and the bike wont be nowhere ready for a
track day by then.

dubbs
03-11-2008, 01:18 PM
track day by then.

Save up for the end of the summer, theres a track day in NJ with TonysTrackDays at that new track.

marko138
03-11-2008, 01:29 PM
Save up for the end of the summer, theres a track day in NJ with TonysTrackDays at that new track.
Tony's a little pricey...but I might join you guys at NJMP.

dubbs
03-11-2008, 01:51 PM

It's expensive but worth it.. Class time + food makes it worth it for me.. :idk:

ceo012384
03-11-2008, 04:02 PM
Bring that DSLR.. I can use both of our point n shoots for vids I guess..

They are definitely watchable with ok audio..

About that new plan.. Good luck with that.. :diitb:
Done deal man.

You know anyone who would have a higher-zoom lens? If they make you watch from outside the fence and stuff, you won't be able to get angles anywhere near as close as the prof photog...

BTW you doing red roof inn? I am planning on it. Want to split and save $$?
I would come, but Andrea would have me slaughtered, I am doing a double track day the weekend before this and have another motorcycle related event the weekend before that.
Simple. Explain to her that you love motorcycles more than you love her. She'll understand.
track day by then.
That sucks dude... I feel you money pain right now. If you can scrounge together some cash we can all split lodging and stuff. The bike prep is minimal and doesn't cost any $$...
That would rock.
It's expensive but worth it.. Class time + food makes it worth it for me.. :idk:
plus1... the food is good, instructors are helpful, and most importantly, he keeps enrollment down, making for an uncrowded track.

marko138
03-11-2008, 04:03 PM
I've got a 300mm, buddy. But I ain't going to NH with it.

ceo012384
03-11-2008, 04:29 PM
I've got a 300mm, buddy. But I ain't going to NH with it.
That's a lot of zoom! Fair enough, though. Maybe since we are riders and not just spectators they will let us get at some better spots for photo ops... :idk:

jalaan1
03-11-2008, 04:32 PM

now that sounds like something to for me to strive for.

dubbs
03-11-2008, 05:59 PM
Yea, might as well split the cost of the hotel.. Sounds good..

Gettin there Sunday night?

And no, I don't really know any photog buffs..

I'm pretty sure if they let us walk the track, they will make an exception for those of us that want to take good pics.

ceo012384
03-11-2008, 06:10 PM
Yea, might as well split the cost of the hotel.. Sounds good..

Gettin there Sunday night?
Yeah, that's the plan. I just reserved a room for two nights. sunday 27th checkin, tuesday 29th checkout.

I may end up having a friend come with me or something, hope that is cool with you.

edit: good point... they will probably just ensure that you stay inside the apex of corners and not out on the runoff.

marko138
03-11-2008, 08:02 PM
Of course I could bring my TV cam and get some real video of you losers too. But, alas, the drive kills.

ceo012384
03-11-2008, 08:05 PM
Of course I could bring my TV cam and get some real video of you losers too. But, alas, the drive kills.
That would be friggin sweet. You could ride the R6 in the red group as a thank you.... as long as you don't bin it. You'd have to pay the TD fees obviously though.

jalaan1
03-11-2008, 08:06 PM
^^^^^ obviously. :whistle:

marko138
03-12-2008, 09:25 AM
That would be friggin sweet. You could ride the R6 in the red group as a thank you.... as long as you don't bin it. You'd have to pay the TD fees obviously though.
What? I drive 9 hours with a camera worth more than most people on this board make in a year to get video of your slow ass and I have to pay the fees? Deal breaker.

ceo012384
03-13-2008, 01:04 PM
What? I drive 9 hours with a camera worth more than most people on this board make in a year to get video of your slow ass and I have to pay the fees? Deal breaker.
If it took you more than 6.5 hours to get there, you'd be driving the same way you ride.

So you want me to pay you 400 bucks for two days of videotaping, AND let you ride my bike? That's 10x more of a ripoff than the prof photog.

It's ok, I still think you're cool.

marko138
03-13-2008, 01:39 PM
If it took you more than 6.5 hours to get there, you'd be driving the same way you ride.

So you want me to pay you 400 bucks for two days of videotaping, AND let you ride my bike? That's 10x more of a ripoff than the prof photog.

It's ok, I still think you're cool.

Clearly you've never seen my work. And you've never hired a freelance photog. You're getting off easy.