PDA

View Full Version : new red sox unis

Trip
12-12-2008, 04:02 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Red-Sox-change-up-road-uniforms-with-head-nod-to?urn=mlb,128757

They look like shit to me. I agree with the article, they look like batting practice uniforms.

fatburg
12-12-2008, 04:13 PM
they look like typical away uni's???

t-homo
12-12-2008, 08:00 PM
I really like the hanging sox on the sleeve. That's about it though.

DLIT
12-13-2008, 09:54 AM
I dig 'em.

marko138
12-13-2008, 04:58 PM
I'm for it.

DLIT
12-13-2008, 05:18 PM
Angels threw a sick offer at Texiera. I was hoping he'd be Boston-bound.

marko138
12-13-2008, 05:29 PM
Fuck the Yanks and Sabathia...they still finish 3rd.

Porkchop
12-13-2008, 10:23 PM
Blah.. puke. There ugly as fuck...

And spreaking of that fucker Sabathia. Fucking selling-out like the rest of them. They're all the same. Speaking out about this and that that they stand for, and then cave when George and Co. offers up and extra buck..... thats why I cant stand professional sports. Its not about the game anymore....

marko138
12-13-2008, 10:26 PM
:lol: Pro sports has never been about the game. It's about the cash.

Trip
12-13-2008, 10:32 PM
:lol: Pro sports has never been about the game. It's about the cash.

I don't know, the old days it wasn't exactly the luxurious pay it is now. It was more about the game back then. Baseball is one of the worst about a cash grab though, NHL is up there with them, but they have a little more right to want a lot of money to get beat the fuck up.

Porkchop
12-14-2008, 02:35 AM
For one, Baseball needs a salary cap.....

And I usually dont care about it, but this Sabathia thing just toasts my buns. Being that I'm a Tribe fan, and I've met the guy multiple times. When the Indians traded him to Milwaukee, it was sad to see him go. But it was necisary for the Indians and their budget. The relationship had just run its course. And who cares about the Brew Crew any way... different league, might as well mean different country. So when the bantering started that the Breweres might not make a big enough offer, he came out and publically said that he would like to go to California teams becasue that is where he was raised, preferably the NL because he loves to bat, and not to New York because he doesnt like NY and doesnt want to be in the cold again... So Georgie and Co offer him up another chunk of change... and he folds.

So lets recap...
-Any California team... X
-National League.... X
-Not New York.... X
-Chose for money... +

SELL OUT!!!

Sixxxxer
12-14-2008, 04:03 AM
CC will Do Shitty...its the Yankee Curse.

ceo012384
12-14-2008, 12:08 PM
Go sox.

marko138
12-14-2008, 04:06 PM

And I usually dont care about it, but this Sabathia thing just toasts my buns. Being that I'm a Tribe fan, and I've met the guy multiple times. When the Indians traded him to Milwaukee, it was sad to see him go. But it was necisary for the Indians and their budget. The relationship had just run its course. And who cares about the Brew Crew any way... different league, might as well mean different country. So when the bantering started that the Breweres might not make a big enough offer, he came out and publically said that he would like to go to California teams becasue that is where he was raised, preferably the NL because he loves to bat, and not to New York because he doesnt like NY and doesnt want to be in the cold again... So Georgie and Co offer him up another chunk of change... and he folds.

So lets recap...
-National League.... X
-Not New York.... X
-Chose for money... +

SELL OUT!!!
Like I said...they'll still finish 3rd.

DLIT
12-14-2008, 05:10 PM

So lets recap...
-National League.... X
-Not New York.... X
-Chose for money... +

SELL OUT!!!

Did he even get offers from CA teams or National League teams? How much were they?

Rider
12-15-2008, 09:24 AM
Throw-back uni's FTL

marko138
12-15-2008, 09:53 AM
Throw-back uni's FTL
Throw back to the 80's.

Rider
12-15-2008, 09:56 AM
Throw back to the 80's.

Either way... ugly is ugly.

marko138
12-15-2008, 09:57 AM
Ugly? They changed the color of the word 'Boston'. Ain't like they are lime green.

Rider
12-15-2008, 10:05 AM
Ugly? They changed the color of the word 'Boston'. Ain't like they are lime green.

They were ugly before though.

marko138
12-16-2008, 10:04 AM
They were ugly before though.
Who's road Uni's aren't?

Sixxxxer
12-16-2008, 10:06 AM
Most Road Unis are Gray...

The Phillies Alternate uniform is Sharp though...Its got the Blue edging around the Sleeves and Collar.