View Full Version : Homeowner's insurance - what co. gave you problems?

Captain Morgan
12-12-2008, 04:46 PM
Just wanting to find out who has had problems with their homeowners insurance when it came time for a claim? What is the company and what kind of problems did you run into?

'73 H1 Triple
12-12-2008, 08:45 PM
Not a single problem with State Farm. I've been with the same agent since 1981.

My other house was on top of a hill and a few times I had shingles blown off. Called my agent, faxed him the quotes and he mailed the checks to cover the repairs.

My hot tub got the electronics friend by a lightning strike and they paid for the replacement :dthumb:

azoomm
12-13-2008, 11:11 AM
I haven't ever had a problem with either company I've been with.

State Farm - went through a major storm, every claim just taken care of.

USAA - above and beyond. They contacted US after a storm, we didn't have to go looking for them.

MILK
12-13-2008, 11:31 AM
We have Nationwide. I don't know if you would call it a 'problem' but they did a drive by of our house and sent us a letter they KNEW WE HAD A ROTTWEILER! *GASP* :lmao:

They mailed us a letter asking us to sign a waiver that he is not included on our insurance should he hunt down and kill all the neighborhood children. :lol: :whistle:

Recently however we just found out they never added Brad's Harley to our policy. He had been riding it 4 months with NO insurance! :panic: Not sure why it took the state so long to notify us but they did and after a nice conversation with the branch owner we are fine. Good grief!! Grr..