PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else...

Mrs. Colleen
03-07-2008, 11:05 AM
...sing out loud to themselves when they are riding? :lol:

I don't do it when I am out in the "twisties" (I call them "twisties" because I am still a beginner :lol:) but when I am cruising to work or running an errand I tend to sing...a lot...:lol:

Anyone else?

Trip
03-07-2008, 11:07 AM
Only when I am incredibly bored. I like riding twisties with a mp3 player going. Helps me get focused.

Rider
03-07-2008, 11:09 AM
Sometimes. I don't ride with my Ipod, so when Im bored I will.

ZukLady
03-07-2008, 11:11 AM
I always sing while riding.

Rider
03-07-2008, 11:13 AM
I always sing while riding.

Riding what? You dont have a bike? :lol:

Dave
03-07-2008, 11:13 AM
me too! usually oldies lol

NONE_too_SOFT
03-07-2008, 11:14 AM
i whistle too. i love stoppin at a light and bobbin my head to some music lookin at the cage next to me thinkin "wtf is that guy on"

fpzx10
03-07-2008, 11:16 AM
I sing along with the ipod. I use the ipod on longer, boring trips. Don't wear it in the twisties

ZukLady
03-07-2008, 11:16 AM

Thanks for rubbing it in my face :-p
WHEN i had a bike or was borrowing my ex's i sang!

Rider
03-07-2008, 11:17 AM
Thanks for rubbing it in my face :-p
WHEN i had a bike or was borrowing my ex's i sang!

Just fucking with you...

NONE_too_SOFT
03-07-2008, 11:18 AM
go see if the bank will buy you a bike. then you can sing some more.

ZukLady
03-07-2008, 11:21 AM
go see if the bank will buy you a bike. then you can sing some more.

Ehhh...i dont think any bank will buy me a bike right now, seeing as the 250 was REPO'D!
I guess i could go work the corner for a couple nights

Rider
03-07-2008, 11:23 AM
Ehhh...i dont think any bank will buy me a bike right now, seeing as the 250 was REPO'D!
I guess i could go work the corner for a couple nights

Shit, they are only $3K, you could earn that in a night or 2...

NONE_too_SOFT
03-07-2008, 11:26 AM
I wonder what costs about the same as a motorcycle? Hmmm... I can think of two things at least.

LaFemmes
03-07-2008, 11:43 AM
I do, I have a chaterbox.:rockwoot:

ZukLady
03-07-2008, 11:47 AM
Shit, they are only $3K, you could earn that in a night or 2...

Alright, to the corner it is..

I wonder what costs about the same as a motorcycle? Hmmm... I can think of two things at least.

HHmmm...lets see...your new car....our honeymoon....your penis enlargement surgery...
Cant really think of anything else though :whistle:

Trip
03-07-2008, 11:50 AM
HHmmm...lets see...your new car....our honeymoon....your penis enlargement surgery...

lollercoaster

Rider
03-07-2008, 12:10 PM
Alright, to the corner it is..

:hss: Damn she hit a home run with that one...

LaFemmes
03-07-2008, 12:46 PM

:lol::hss:

t-homo
03-07-2008, 01:31 PM
yeah I sing when I am going on straight roads. i like to listen to things like rammstein and metallica while riding.

Cutty72
03-07-2008, 01:38 PM
I sing along with the ipod. I use the ipod on longer, boring trips. Don't wear it in the twisties

what you use for headphones?
did you find some good noise canceling ones or not?

t-homo
03-07-2008, 01:47 PM
I just use regular headphones. I never noticed the wind overpowering the music.

marko138
03-07-2008, 02:10 PM
Never.

Mrs. Colleen
03-07-2008, 02:25 PM
BTW - I might add...I do not have any sort of music player that I listen to...I just sign random songs I have in my head. :lol:

NONE_too_SOFT
03-07-2008, 03:54 PM

:lol::hss:

the way i see it, thats a win win win situation.

Mule
03-07-2008, 06:44 PM
i whistle too. i love stoppin at a light and bobbin my head to some music lookin at the cage next to me thinkin "wtf is that guy on"

i do pretty much the same....

iPod blaring, headbanging whilst riding.....and i sing outloud....

vabarber2
03-07-2008, 07:05 PM
Yeah I do from time to time to keep me calm and level headed! But then once i catch a good line and realy get into it the song fades out!

OneSickPsycho
03-08-2008, 10:55 AM

I don't do it when I am out in the "twisties" (I call them "twisties" because I am still a beginner :lol:) but when I am cruising to work or running an errand I tend to sing...a lot...:lol:

Anyone else?

Only in the straights.

DLIT
03-08-2008, 11:04 AM

COOOOOOOLD BLOOOOOODED.

I laugh a lot. Like, last summer, I was riding at around 150mph over this long straight, but bumpy road. Not little bumps, but like little swells. I was laughing because I felt my front end getting light over each crest and I was chuckling because I realized how close I was to probably killing myself, but I couldn't stop. It was too much fun.

LaFemmes
03-08-2008, 11:14 AM
Not little bumps, but like little swells. I was laughing because I felt my front end getting light over each crest and I was chuckling because I realized how close I was to probably killing myself.

Been there as well, damn tank slappers!:whistle:

fpzx10
03-08-2008, 11:18 AM
what you use for headphones?
did you find some good noise canceling ones or not?

The stock ipod buds.

DLIT
03-08-2008, 11:20 AM
The stock ipod buds.

GARBAGE!!

fpzx10
03-08-2008, 11:22 AM
GARBAGE!!

I know, but I rarely use them

DLIT
03-08-2008, 11:27 AM
I know, but I rarely use them

I picked up some tight Sony ones for like 30 bucks. They're not your traditional buds. This pic isn't mine and it's pretty gross that you can see dirt on 'em, but these are the ones I have. Sound quality is awesome. I don't exaggerate either.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidbaker/415385660/

fpzx10
03-08-2008, 11:30 AM
I picked up some tight Sony ones for like 30 bucks. They're not your traditional buds. This pic isn't mine and it's pretty gross that you can see dirt on 'em, but these are the ones I have. Sound quality is awesome. I don't exaggerate either.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidbaker/415385660/

I've got some Phillips ($30) that I like, but they don't fit well under my helmet.

DLIT
03-08-2008, 11:31 AM
I tried using my ipod while riding once. I didn't like it too much. I felt like my equilibrium was off because I had something in my ears and I couldn't hear my engine the way I'm use to hearing it. Never again.

fpzx10
03-08-2008, 11:33 AM
I'm gonna start wearing ear plugs more often. I just read an article in one of the mags about the dB of wind noise alone. At 100mph the wind noise can be the equivalent of a chain saw.

Plus, I've got inner ear problems.

LaFemmes
03-08-2008, 11:36 AM
Chatterbox is the best for me.
I do have Shure plugs as well, but my last pair was ruined when I used them under my helmet a few times, so I don't use them when I ride anymore.

fpzx10
03-08-2008, 11:37 AM
Chatterbox is the best for me.
I do have Shure plugs as well, but my last pair was ruined when I used them under my helmet a few times, so I dont use them when I ride anymore.

No thanks on the Chatterbox. Maybe someday cruising across country, but no the way I ride now.

OneSickPsycho
03-08-2008, 11:40 AM
The cool thing about chatterbox is that you can intercept and/or become part of some jackass driving down the road's cell phone conversation... happened to a guy I was riding with a while ago... it was funny, he started talking shit to the guy...

LaFemmes
03-08-2008, 11:46 AM
The cool thing about chatterbox is that you can intercept and/or become part of some jackass driving down the road's cell phone conversation... happened to a guy I was riding with a while ago... it was funny, he started talking shit to the guy...

I get some interference, but not a lot.
I love the fact that my friends and I can chat with each other when were riding long distances.
As long as were within 2 miles or so, depending on where we are riding.

OneSickPsycho
03-08-2008, 11:47 AM
I get some interference, but not a lot.
I love the fact that my friends and I can chat with each other when were riding long distances.
As long as were within 2 miles or so, depending on where we are riding.

Yeah, this guy said it had never happened to him before, but we were riding behind some slow ass car through the twisties, so it was perfect...

DLIT
03-08-2008, 11:51 AM
It'd be cool using a chatterbox on the track. talking mad shit to your buddies.

LaFemmes
03-08-2008, 11:53 AM

I hear the track isn't really the place for it, but who knows.
Everyone is different.
Cool indeed!!!!:whistle:

OneSickPsycho
03-08-2008, 11:54 AM

Would that be allowed?

DLIT
03-08-2008, 11:54 AM
Would that be allowed?

Highly doubt it.

Mrs. Colleen
03-08-2008, 11:59 AM
I want a Chatterbox so when I am riding with my husband we do not have to pull over for him to tell me what I am doing wrong/how I can improve.

I just have not wanted to spend the $$$ on it. :td:

OneSickPsycho
03-08-2008, 12:00 PM
I want a Chatterbox so when I am riding with my husband we do not have to pull over for him to tell me what I am doing wrong/how I can improve.

No shit... that would be sweet though... real-time riding updates... In that case, it would be even better at the track!

Amber Lamps
03-08-2008, 12:02 PM
BTW - I might add...I do not have any sort of music player that I listen to...I just sign random songs I have in my head. :lol:

ME TOO! Lately it"s been "cold" by crossfade. Btw if anyone is interested, I have several links for in helmet speaker systems ranging from cheap to Bose quality. I've tried a couple and some definitely crank out the tunes,dude! plus,most have inline volume control designed for use with gloves.

DLIT
03-08-2008, 12:04 PM

That gave me an idea.

How much that shit cost?

Mrs. Colleen
03-08-2008, 12:06 PM
No shit... that would be sweet though... real-time riding updates... In that case, it would be even better at the track!

ME TOO! Lately it"s been "cold" by crossfade. Btw if anyone is interested, I have several links for in helmet speaker systems ranging from cheap to Bose quality. I've tried a couple and some definitely crank out the tunes,dude! plus,most have inline volume control designed for use with gloves.

I don't want a music player, just something that I can use to talk with the hubs.

I tried looking into the Chatterbox thing but it was really confusing. They have tons of different systems but they all looked like they were for only one person...does that mean I would have to buy a second set? :willy:

If I could get something for under $200 I would seriously consider it. But I would want someone with first hand experience to tell me what they liked/did not like about it. :beers:

That gave me an idea.

How much that shit cost?

I could not tell for sure because I was so confused by all the different things they has. :idk:

DLIT
03-08-2008, 12:07 PM
I could not tell for sure because I was so confused by all the different things they has. :idk:

Thanks...for nothing.

Mrs. Colleen
03-08-2008, 12:08 PM
Thanks...for nothing.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47/AFIDrummerGirl/Smilies/sma4.gif

:wink:

Amber Lamps
03-08-2008, 12:14 PM

No offense,but I tried that with an ex once and all I got was constant chatter while I was trying to ride..."Did you see that puppy?,I like that girls purse,Suzy's boyfriend came home at 4am,gossip,blather,drivel,etc" Which is also why I gave up on cell phone to my helmet...(bring-bring) hello? * where are you? when are you coming home? what outfit should I wear tonight?,we need milk! blah,blah,blah!!!:td:

OneSickPsycho
03-08-2008, 12:17 PM
No offense,but I tried that with an ex once and all I got was constant chatter while I was trying to ride..."Did you see that puppy?,I like that girls purse,Suzy's boyfriend came home at 4am,gossip,blather,drivel,etc" Which is also why I gave up on cell phone to my helmet...(bring-bring) hello? * where are you? when are you coming home? what outfit should I wear tonight?,we need milk! blah,blah,blah!!!:td:

*mute*

Mrs. Colleen
03-08-2008, 12:17 PM
I doubt I would be like that...since I don't talk to him like that normally. :lol:

When I am riding I am thinking about what I am doing. :dthumb:

Amber Lamps
03-08-2008, 12:20 PM
I doubt I would be like that...since I don't talk to him like that normally. :lol:

When I am riding I am thinking about what I am doing. :dthumb:

to be fair she was riding pillion so she didn't have to concentrate but still....

DLIT
03-08-2008, 12:21 PM

Hahahaha...TRUTH. Excellent point, sir.

Mrs. Colleen
03-08-2008, 12:21 PM
to be fair she was riding pillion so she didn't have to concentrate but still....

Yeah...I could see how that would be annoying. :lol:

Amber Lamps
03-08-2008, 12:36 PM
Yeah...I could see how that would be annoying. :lol:

The worst part was that I got the system because I'd hoped that it would cure the previous habit of trying to tell me this crap at every stop light and sign thru helmets! (tap,tap) What baby? * "Did you see that cute puppy in that car?" * What honey? * "did you see that cute puppy in that car?" * No baby I didn't * "well,it was really,really cute and had big ears,etc,etc" * Wow,that's great baby! Meanwhile in my helmet to myself... "what a stupid bitch!!!" :rant:

OneSickPsycho
03-08-2008, 12:37 PM
The worst part was that I got the system because I'd hoped that it would cure the previous habit of trying to tell me this crap at every stop light and sign thru helmets! (tap,tap) What baby? * "Did you see that cute puppy in that car?" * What honey? * "did you see that cute puppy in that car?" * No baby I didn't * "well,it was really,really cute and had big ears,etc,etc" * Wow,that's great baby! Meanwhile in my helmet to myself... "what a stupid bitch!!!" :rant:

Come to think of it... maybe I don't need a GF....

Mrs. Colleen
03-08-2008, 12:41 PM
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Come to think of it... maybe I don't need a GF....

:rofl::rofl::rofl: You just need the right one!

DLIT
03-08-2008, 12:45 PM

:lol: I'd be like "Why aren't you looking at the fucking road in front of you??".

pickle.of.doom
03-08-2008, 01:15 PM
Thats all you need, is to be bending in at your turn in point of your favorite corner, concentrating on your line, then a douchebag buddy starts talking about how blue the sky looks today and totally blows your concentration :lol:

I also hear they are on the same band as all those walmart 2 way radios so you pick up little billy playing hide and seek with little timmy.

marko138
03-10-2008, 12:21 PM
I tried using my ipod while riding once. I didn't like it too much. I felt like my equilibrium was off because I had something in my ears and I couldn't hear my engine the way I'm use to hearing it. Never again.

I tried it once. Worst thing ever. Never again.

ceo012384
03-11-2008, 01:23 AM
I do sometimes, especially if I haven't been able to ride for a while, like today.

Amber Lamps
03-11-2008, 03:05 PM
Hey FYI Akuma helmets sells helmets that have a bluetooth headset built in for those who wish to listen to music or talk on the phone while riding. Just FYI.

Rider
03-11-2008, 03:17 PM
Hey FYI Akuma helmets sells helmets that have a bluetooth headset built in for those who wish to listen to music or talk on the phone while riding. Just FYI.

Personally I think thats a bad idea...

marko138
03-11-2008, 03:19 PM
Personally I think thats a bad idea...

Me too. And I think Dianese has a bluetooth helmet. Or AGV or both. Fuck it...who cares.

Amber Lamps
03-11-2008, 03:22 PM
Me too. And I think Dianese has a bluetooth helmet. Or AGV or both. Fuck it...who cares.

just FYI...I also don't listen to music although I do run my radar detector to my helmet.

Rider
03-11-2008, 03:27 PM
just FYI...I also don't listen to music although I do run my radar detector to my helmet.

Nothing wrong with that. Thats being smart.

ceo012384
03-11-2008, 04:14 PM
AGV has one that is supposed to be pretty sweet.

I wouldn't want one though.

LaFemmes
03-12-2008, 10:01 AM
And I think Dianese has a bluetooth helmet.

They do.

http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/Dainese_Airstream_Course_DNect_Full_Face_Helmet_DO T_Bluetooth_Matte_Black--630836.html

neebelung
03-12-2008, 10:04 AM

Yes. :lol: ALL the time.

dReWpY
03-12-2008, 11:06 AM
yeah, esp when i havent been riding in a long time and am really glad to be on two wheels again, like this last week, i had been singing for 2 hours on the way down