PDA

View Full Version : entry level management position?

LOZ
12-15-2008, 11:38 PM
I came across a company hiring 12 people for customer service and 8 people for entry level management. This recruiter told me that she would want to put me through the training process for the management training.

to me it all sounds like a door to door sales job. but it would be business to business. and I honestly hate sales.

she invited me to a 2nd and final interview on Thursday, said that I was going to be able to shadow one of the former managers and see if I would like the position and then discuss pay/salary etc.

does anybody have experience with these type of jobs? I dont understand why they would grab any random person and offer them an entry level management position for whatever that means.... cause if you were to look at my resume, 90% of my experience is with customer service, not sales.

what do you guys think?

Cutty72
12-15-2008, 11:47 PM
90% of sales is customer service, and 90% of customer service is sales. IMO

Go for it, what do you have to lose?

Mudpuppy
12-15-2008, 11:57 PM
i did that scam before and you are right in wondering why they would grab any random person.. any legit management job is either earned or by knowing someone.. not sure what they are selling there but i did a variety of those "entry level management positions" when i was younger and sold knives, vacuum cleaners, perfume and cologne - i ended up broke and with a kick ass set of knives, vacuum cleaner and some shitty knock off perfume and cologne.. and the ex-wife took the knives and the vacuum cleaner..

LOZ
12-16-2008, 12:08 AM
^well, is not about what I got to lose. I just want to make sure that I dont give up my current seasonal gig for some random bullshit scam. so I will prob just call them back tomorrow and tell them that I am not interested.

:dthumb:

JARVIS518
12-16-2008, 12:36 AM
i did something like this before in WPB it was door to door and a total waste of time to me
ya there are oppurtunitiest to make over 100k a year but ur gunna b putting in 80 hours a week todo it

AquaPython
12-16-2008, 09:27 AM
so i guess your current position is not too fullfilling :lol:

Lino
12-16-2008, 09:49 AM
plus one on the MANAGEMENT SCAMS.. I remeber going to a group interview ( like 6 of us being interviewed all at once in the same room) PERFUME SCAM.

Then I did the pots and pans and the knives thing.. good pots & knives, but that was before QVC..

go in with both eyes open, if they make you buy something to start.. run away

LOZ
12-16-2008, 10:22 PM
so i guess your current position is not too fullfilling :lol:

dude, I deal with the worst software ever programmed. the site barely works, the manager doesnt know wtf to do and just says try again, and its just a pain in the ass to deal with it.

the customers or the work itself is not the problem, the problem is that their ordering system is a piece of shit. those are the actual words that I have heard from management people there.

the current position fulfills its seasonal purpose... Im just looking at it as 3 more weeks of shitty ordering forms and Im off the chain for 2 months to try to land a permanent job somewhere else.

One of the girls that went into the "training" class with me, was in tears today cause nobody was helping her and supposedly the trainer gave her an attitude and rolled her eyes at her.... I just told her to chill out and take it 1 call at a time. I do a lot of this while im there :idk: :idk: :idk: :idk: :idk: :idk:

I love the schedule, cause I dont have to deal with traffic though. :rockwoot: and Im ever thankful that you hooked this up for me. :rockout:

OneSickPsycho
12-16-2008, 10:59 PM
90% of sales is customer service, and 90% of customer service is sales. IMO

Go for it, what do you have to lose?

In my experience, people with tons of customer service experience suck ass as sales people. They can't close, the won't close, and they are afraid to close... They talk themselves into sales, then right back out again. I train my staff to pretty much avoid hiring all customer service people. Nothing wrong with them, but it's really really hard to break a customer service person and turn them into a sales animal.

i did something like this before in WPB it was door to door and a total waste of time to me
ya there are oppurtunitiest to make over 100k a year but ur gunna b putting in 80 hours a week todo it

I'd be willing to bet you'd be working crazy hours in many $100k/yr positions.

Ninjakel
12-16-2008, 11:06 PM
Just be happy you have a job right now dude. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

LOZ
12-16-2008, 11:46 PM
Just be happy you have a job right now dude. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Im thankful for the job, Im just not happy about their software, theres nothing wrong with that. :idk:

you just jealous cause you still a bum :dthumb: <3 :whistle:

AquaPython
12-17-2008, 10:13 AM
yea well i guess you knew it wasnt going to be something great. if your main complaint is really about the software , it was really just your luck (lack of) that they needed you at that one shitty company. I did not even hear of them until this week. most of the stuff we do is in house. which works most of the time. other people dont have those same problems, but i guess thats why their was openings there. people get fed up and quit.