PDA

View Full Version : Austin: 'Nothing good happens after 2am'

ducati_atx
12-22-2008, 09:13 AM
Hopefully this wasnt anyone the collective "us" knew. Roads mildly "curvy" in that part, but nothing that should be dangerous. The 2am obviously stands out...

RIP to the young lady.

-d

=================================================
Motorcycle passenger dies in wreck
12/21/2008 1:22 PM
By: News 8 Austin Staff

A 26-year-old woman was killed Sunday morning after the driver of the motorcycle she was riding on lost control, Austin police said.

Officers were called to the 2600 block of Lamar Boulevard at about 2 a.m.

The woman was a passenger on the motorcycle.

Witnesses told police the motorcycle crossed the center median, lost control and the driver and passenger were ejected.

The passenger was hit by an oncoming sport utility vehicle.

The driver was taken to the hospital with life-threatening injuries.

Officers are asking anyone with any information to call the APD Vehicular Homicide Unit at (512) 974-4761.

azoomm
12-22-2008, 09:42 AM
:( rip

RACER X
12-22-2008, 10:02 AM
another poster on local baord knew the primary rider.

neebelung
12-22-2008, 10:03 AM
:( rip.

Archren
12-22-2008, 12:50 PM
Damn... RIP :(

ducati_atx
12-22-2008, 01:02 PM
More details:

Police have identified a 26-year-old woman who died early Sunday after she was thrown from a motorcycle and struck by a car on North Lamar Boulevard as Angela Lynn Watson.

Austin police said the motorcycle Watson was riding on as a passenger was rounding a curve on North Lamar just north of 25th Street near the northernmost section of Pease District Park when she was thrown from the motorcycle. The accident happened shortly before 2:30 a.m., police said.

The driver of the car that struck her, a Pontiac Vibe, has not been charged, according to police. The man driving the motorcycle, who has not been identified, was critically injured and taken to University Medical Center at Brackenridge.

He has not been charged in connection with the accident, according to police spokesman Veneza AguiƱaga. Neither Watson nor the driver were wearing helmets at the time of the accident, AguiƱaga said.

Phenix_Rider
12-22-2008, 01:17 PM
Darwin at work.

Chris S
12-22-2008, 03:00 PM
RIP. :(

Wow, it was cold last night. I couldn't have imagine riding then, esp. w/o a helmet!

deals gap dragon slayer
12-22-2008, 03:02 PM
Darwin at work.

As much of an 'asshole' attitude as that is, I have to agree.

Riding home at 2am (more than likely from a bar) with no gear... thats just not a smart decision. While I want to feel some sympathy for the passenger, she still made the conscious decision to get on the bike with no gear. And though its not been released to my knowledge, I'm sure alcohol was involved.

azoomm
12-22-2008, 05:19 PM
As much of an 'asshole' attitude as that is, I have to agree.

Riding home at 2am (more than likely from a bar) with no gear... thats just not a smart decision. While I want to feel some sympathy for the passenger, she still made the conscious decision to get on the bike with no gear. And though its not been released to my knowledge, I'm sure alcohol was involved.

The most difficult part about all of this... she was probably just picked up for a ride. Most likely set out that night without any thought that she would be getting on a motorcycle - *curb monkey*, if you will.

Darwin, or not - it's all really sad.

RACER X
12-22-2008, 06:02 PM
naw it was husband and wife

ducati_atx
12-22-2008, 06:19 PM
naw it was husband and wife

hopefully w/o any children at home.

Cant imagine leaving home last night without gear... much less riding home at 2am when it was <30 out w/o wind chill.

Sucks - RIP.

hope that alcohol wasnt involved... pretty hard to mess up over there by brykerwoods/pemberton. *shrug*