PDA

View Full Version : WooHoo!! Finally got a job

thirdgenlxi
12-29-2008, 11:14 PM
Man it seemed like it was gonna take forever! Even though it wasn't long at all compared to many people out there (I really do feel bad). But for those that remember, I was laid off on Nov 7th, so almost 2 months. I've never in my life been unemployed before though so it just seemed like a long time. Some may also remember (I think I had posted it), but right after I got laid off I had an interview at a place called Greenleaf Auto Recyclers for a dismantler position. They had already had somebody else lined up when they interviewed me, and were waiting to hear a yes or no from him. He said yes and took the job, so of course I didn't get it. Then last week, a month and a half later, the guy from Greenleaf called me back and left me a voicemail...."hey just wondering if you had ever found a job, we have a position open here if you''re still interested". Called him back... turns out the other guy didn''t work out, and I was top on his list (he had a couple other applicants also), so he wanted me to come back in if I still wanted it. Went in today, and they have to do the background check and drug test and everything, but if all goes smoothly I should be starting next week sometime

Thank god.... unemployment blows!!!! :panic: And now I get to drive forklifts around too.... fun stuff!! :dthumb:

Mr Lefty
12-29-2008, 11:35 PM
Congrats bro!

Quick281
12-30-2008, 03:34 AM
Congrats on the job! Not happening to work at a Mustang Salvage yard are ya?

I am still looking for work. Sigh.

thirdgenlxi
12-30-2008, 03:45 AM
Congrats on the job! Not happening to work at a Mustang Salvage yard are ya?

I am still looking for work. Sigh.

Nah it's a little bit of everything. Hey you're in Atlanta?? This place isn't too far away from you.... right on Hwy 78 in Monroe. I live in Winder myself. We should meet up sometime.... I've got all day tues :)

Good luck in your job search.... what kind of work do you do??

Quick281
12-30-2008, 05:50 AM
Nah it's a little bit of everything. Hey you're in Atlanta?? This place isn't too far away from you.... right on Hwy 78 in Monroe. I live in Winder myself. We should meet up sometime.... I've got all day tues :)

Good luck in your job search.... what kind of work do you do??

Winder does have the Mustang Specialties junkyard in it right? At least I thought it did.

I am fresh out of college with a business degree but realistically I just want a job at this point. Not picky, I would rather be busy and working hard then bored. Helps the time move faster.

Being at home ALL the time sucks a lot more when you actually get to do it.

I would be up for a ride sometime. I think all of the Georgia crew should round up somewhere and meet up.

LOZ
12-30-2008, 07:12 AM
Congrats man. being unemployed sucks.

so you are a dismantler at a junkyard? that sounds like it could be fun, do you drive a big machine and just rip cars apart, or do they give you a tool box and you just wrench away?

Hondahugger
12-30-2008, 08:43 AM
Congrats Jared........ I think I would be on the verge of suicidal if I lost my job right now! I know it's tough out there!

DaBiatch
12-30-2008, 01:29 PM
congrats!!!

Ninjakel
12-30-2008, 01:31 PM
Congrats, jared

ontwo
12-30-2008, 01:48 PM
Glad to hear it

Katana-750_lady
12-30-2008, 05:32 PM
Gratz Jared!