PDA

View Full Version : Reality check.

DLIT
03-08-2008, 04:35 PM
Keep them heads on a swivel...

http://www.livevideo.com/video/Maxxi/E737D6A3377A4C66A864957B8E39BE3E/requiem-for-a-biker.aspx

fatburg
03-08-2008, 05:20 PM
ya, not gonna let my wife see that one. Good vid, keep it safe everyone

vabarber2
03-08-2008, 05:22 PM
ya, not gonna let my wife see that one. Good vid, keep it safe everyone
Good Idea!

OneSickPsycho
03-08-2008, 06:36 PM
The crash at 8:36 is fucking nasty....

The chicks ass at 7:41 is not...

And that's going on my Myspace...

Mudpuppy
03-17-2008, 11:41 PM
The crash at 8:36 is fucking nasty....

The chicks ass at 7:41 is not...

And that's going on my Myspace...

yes i agree on both accounts..

definitely keep it safe out there.. don't become another statistic..

Smittie61984
03-18-2008, 08:03 PM
Awesome shot video.

Unfortunately this will be one of those chain mail videos poeple without motorcycles will send to us saying "This will be you". Like the one with the head in the back of a Semi-truck.

Didn't the guy flying through the air at Isle of Man live? I thought I heard that.

Captain Morgan
03-18-2008, 08:17 PM
Unfortunately this will be one of those chain mail videos poeple without motorcycles will send to us saying "This will be you". Like the one with the head in the back of a Semi-truck.

I've seen two versions of that e-mail. One that basically showed the pics, another saying the guy lived because he was wearing a helmet. Haven't done any research on it, but I seriously doubt he lived. My guess is that he died from a broken neck. Anybody have any info on that one?

Smittie61984
03-19-2008, 12:30 AM
I've seen two versions of that e-mail. One that basically showed the pics, another saying the guy lived because he was wearing a helmet. Haven't done any research on it, but I seriously doubt he lived. My guess is that he died from a broken neck. Anybody have any info on that one?

Someone was claiming that Arai had it on their website and claimed the guy lived. I don't think it was an Arai helmet nor do I remember even seeing a DOT sticker on the back.

I saw it on a Paramedics forum that I stumbled across which was the original forum. The guy died. He hit the truck at an estimated 120mph. Truck may have been rolling 70mph but the truck driver said he thought he got hit by another truck. I'm sure his organs where all over his body and the only thing that kept his guts from spilling out was that Icon jacket. No way someone could have survived that crash even if his helmet was lined with Satin Pillows. The G's from stopping would have been too much.

Also the truck drugged him for about a 1/4 mile. His flatbilled hat on his seat strap came out just fine though.

Oh yeah. Another friend of mine is a Paramedic and currently a Lifeflight Paramedic. He sees bike crashes all the time. He still rides though and use to race motorcycles years ago.

02Gsxxr
03-19-2008, 03:20 AM
Awesome video.... not because of the crashes but because of the truth behind it

DLIT
03-19-2008, 07:06 PM
Oh yeah. Another friend of mine is a Paramedic and currently a Lifeflight Paramedic. He sees bike crashes all the time. He still rides though and use to race motorcycles years ago.

Because he's smart enough not to act like a tool on his bike.

Smittie61984
03-19-2008, 11:54 PM
Because he's smart enough not to act like a tool on his bike.

He'll wheelie in public and rides hard. But he did racing school when he first started to ride.

He just hates Hayabusa's with a passion. You ought to hear him rant on about Hayabusas. He's gone to a lot of wrecks and looked at the bikes. He says half the time it's a stretched busa with NO2, mods, 220+ rears, and 1 disc up front.

DLIT
03-19-2008, 11:56 PM
He'll wheelie in public and rides hard. But he did racing school when he first started to ride.

He just hates Hayabusa's with a passion. You ought to hear him rant on about Hayabusas. He's gone to a lot of wrecks and looked at the bikes. He says half the time it's a stretched busa with NO2, mods, 220+ rears, and 1 disc up front.

Serious? Fucking retards. I still can't even wheelie.

Crazy
03-20-2008, 12:02 AM
sobering. :dthumb:

Mudpuppy
03-20-2008, 12:14 AM
yeah i am not a big fan of the hayabusa either.. seems pointless to me.. i guess if you want to go fast in a straight line more power to you.. i have seen quite a few hayabusas at the track wadded up in the grass - they go fast on the straight away and then figure out oh wait i have to turn this heavy piece of shit and i am going in way too hot and panic.. the whole stretched out thing is just wrong and please someone explain why you would EVER need N02 on a motorcycle? seriously are they not fast enough for you? maybe a drag bike i guess..

finally the biggest problem is they hand out fucking licenses like candy in this country.. anyone can get one.. pass some bullshit MSF course and you are on your way.. shit not that i wasn't a good rider but my original test i passed in a fucking hurricane.. it was pouring fucking rain out and windy as fuck.. the tester was like you have to reschedule - i said not only no but fuck no.. i paid my $25 i had to load this bitch in the back of my truck we are going to do the test today right now.. they need way more stringent requirements for getting a license let alone a cycle endorsement.. it would solve ALOT of issues like finding a dead motherfucker and a wadded up busa with nitrous - or at least cut down on it.. if you need proof go to royal oak on any given thursday during the summer.. no shortage of fucktards there..