PDA

View Full Version : [AUS] Our restaurant variety and quality really sucks...

JoshuaTree
12-31-2008, 12:02 AM
After this last jaunt home (back to that same 'ole place... :D ), I have inescapably concluded that Austin does not have a fucking clue about: Italian Food, Greek Food, "Real Deli" (yes, he means kosher - corned beef, real rye bread, and all), and so on. Yes, yes, we know about tortillas and barbeque, but that's about it. Don't even get me started on the quality of steaks...:panic:

Food coma taking over.. :sorry:

redflip

Archren
12-31-2008, 09:32 AM
After this last jaunt home (back to that same 'ole place... :D ), I have inescapably concluded that Austin does not have a fucking clue about: Italian Food, Greek Food, "Real Deli" (yes, he means kosher - corned beef, real rye bread, and all), and so on. Yes, yes, we know about tortillas and barbeque, but that's about it. Don't even get me started on the quality of steaks...:panic:

Food coma taking over.. :sorry:

redflip

Damn food nazis...

I'm not a picky eater, so I don't usually give a crap about if it's "real" Italian, Mexican, Martian, whatever. I eat at Chipotle, Chuy's, Mangia's, Musashino's... hell, I even eat at Sam Paio's on occasion, which I can definitely say isn't "traditional" Brazilian food, but it's still good. Fact of the matter is, I've lived in places where there is NOT as much variety, period (read: Hirschau, Germany). Sure, what was there was really good... but only one type of food gets old.

:nee:

MNellis
01-01-2009, 02:39 AM
After this last jaunt home (back to that same 'ole place... :D ), I have inescapably concluded that Austin does not have a fucking clue about: Italian Food, ........

Ouch!! Would someone please get in, start the engine and get this bus off of me. After that, it will be easier to get Josh's boot out of my ass. :)

Having a bad day are we Josh?

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?"......Donald Sutherland:gary:

JoshuaTree
01-01-2009, 05:11 AM
Ouch!! Would someone please get in, start the engine and get this bus off of me. After that, it will be easier to get Josh's boot out of my ass. :)

Having a bad day are we Josh?

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?"......Donald Sutherland:gary:

With apologies to you Mike, your food is wonderful. In angst and regret at not finding the dining experiences that are 'a dime a dozen' in my home town versus having to sift the proverbial metric tons of chaff for the single kernel of wheat here in Austin, I posted a generality without specific exceptions. :sorry:

MNellis
01-01-2009, 11:27 AM
With apologies to you Mike, your food is wonderful. In angst and regret at not finding the dining experiences that are 'a dime a dozen' in my home town versus having to sift the proverbial metric tons of chaff for the single kernel of wheat here in Austin, I posted a generality without specific exceptions. :sorry:

Hee, Hee....you know we love ya Josh. When someone needs a fix of "Fine Dining Italian", we're probably not what you'd be looking for either and our prices reflect that.

I'm just goofing on ya, my skin has gotten pretty thick. :)

azoomm
01-01-2009, 11:38 AM
Well, you're not making a fair comparison. Chicago is a mecca of different ethnic AREAS that each have their own history. Austin is one small ethnic area with it's own history :lol:

Would you like some ketchup on that hot dog?? :nee:

Archren
01-01-2009, 11:41 AM

Heck yeah, sucka! :nee:

Chris S
01-01-2009, 11:56 AM
There's no shortage of restaurants I enjoy visiting. Josh, there's always Houston or Dallas if Austin doesn't do it for you...gotta take the bad w/ the good.

JoshuaTree
01-01-2009, 01:45 PM

:rant:
That would mandate summary execution by firing squad...

;)

JoshuaTree
01-01-2009, 01:48 PM
Heck yeah, sucka! :nee:

:nono::ps:

:p

JoshuaTree
01-01-2009, 01:50 PM
There's no shortage of restaurants I enjoy visiting. Josh, there's always Houston or Dallas if Austin doesn't do it for you...gotta take the bad w/ the good.

Yeah, yeah, I know... Its just having had plates of real gyros, real plates of angel hair pasta with aglio y olio, real corned beef, a guy can get melancholy...

:shrug:

:D

Archren
01-01-2009, 01:53 PM
Yeah, yeah, I know... Its just having had plates of real gyros, real plates of angel hair pasta with aglio y olio, real corned beef, a guy can get melancholy...

:shrug:

yeah.. Now try asking for a Mexican Martini or Chika Chika Boom Boom in Chicago. redflip

JoshuaTree
01-01-2009, 02:02 PM
yeah.. Now try asking for a Mexican Martini or Chika Chika Boom Boom in Chicago. redflip

MexMartini - yes, I know where to get a decent one. The Chika-Chika, not even going to try... :(

:dthumb:

MNellis
01-02-2009, 01:54 AM
Yeah, yeah, I know... Its just having had plates of ..... real plates of angel hair pasta with aglio y olio, ......

pffft....angel hair...that must be what they eat as Italian food in New Hampshire. In Texas you need aglio y olio with Linguine and for the wimps like me you need to add some broccoli.

Apparently a road trip is in order. We'll have to get you over here to fix a computer problem and then I'll show you how to make your own. :)

I've got a cool little CL 350 that's getting ready for it's debut.

Adeptus_Minor
01-05-2009, 11:43 AM

Look, we excel at margaritas and breakfast tacos.
They can't expect us to be good at everything. :lol:

Oh, and Mike... it's been ages since I've been by one of your stores. I really need to get back in there.

MNellis
01-05-2009, 06:43 PM
Look, we excel at margaritas and breakfast tacos.
They can't expect us to be good at everything. :lol:

Oh, and Mike... it's been ages since I've been by one of your stores. I really need to get back in there.

Oh Yea, well now is the time. You (and everyone else) can get some free spaghetti by going here http://www.freespaghetti.com and printing a coupon. Best deal in town for a limited time, no purchase necessary. :rockout:

pdog
01-05-2009, 10:35 PM
Fantastic, Mike! Very well done - I love the protest theme.

Oh Yea, well now is the time. You (and everyone else) can get some free spaghetti by going here http://www.freespaghetti.com and printing a coupon. Best deal in town for a limited time, no purchase necessary. :rockout: