PDA

View Full Version : T-Tuner Mid-pipe

Lucky3623
01-02-2009, 03:25 PM
I posted this on CF, and really didn't get much help. Hopefully you guys could shed some more light on the subject.

-----------------------
Anyone bought and installed this? Price has dropped to $145, but I was wondering if it really was worth it. I have the PCIII, and apparently the T-Tuner comes with PC maps.

I am just wondering why I would buy a full exhaust for upwards of $800 when I can get this for under $200. Do I lose anything, like power, MPG, or valve life... is it woth it or not? Dyno maps come with it, but I haven't seen a before and after.

Installing on 07 R6...Thoughts?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&viewitem=&item=130259773374

T TUNER MIDPIPE IS FABRICATED USING THE LATEST TECHNOLOGY IN EXHUAST SYSTEMS!!! C&C MACHINED / WATER JET FABBED AND MANDREL BENT. Want the best alternative then a full system?! Don't be fooled by imitations. The T-Tuner Mid Pipe was ENGINEERED BY PROFESSIONALS!!!!! And is made from high grade steel , It will come with everything you need to install + Detailed step by step Picture Instructions . The T-Tuner is a slip on unit that replaces the stock 12lbs CAT Converter and any aftermarket slip on will fit . We also coat the T-Tuner inside and out with a rust free high heat paint . It is your choice wether you want the 02 plug or not it’s no extra charge . This item will be shipped with the 02 plug unless you PM us within 1 hour after your purchase . Landice_Inc. Is shipping the T-Tuner world wide also check our Positive Feedback . Landice_Inc. Has always GUARANTEED there T Tuner Mid Pipe . Landice_Inc has never had a T Tuner Mid pipe returned for any reason . We GUARANTEE our product as long as you own your R6 . Want to see the T-Tuner in action check out some of the videos on youtube.com left by satisfied customers , " type in T Tuner mid pipe " . Climate will affect HP Gains differently in each state , you will increase HP dramatically no matter what .Depending on your location you can gain up to 15 - 20 HP . The T-Tuner's Design has been threw years of research and development . Studies have shown that you can not have any off set when the 2 headers come into 1 . Reason being it creates an irregular fluid motion with your motor . Leading to engine malfunction and engine failure down the road . The T-Tuner Mid-Pipe's Design is patented for many reason's Huge HP Gains , Consistent 2 into 1 Air Flow , Safe for your engine short term and long term , Quality High Grade Steel Tubing and Hardware , PRODUCES MORE HP THEN ANY OTHER MID PIPE ON THE MARKET >>>>>>>>>>> FITS ALL YZF R6's 2006/2007 and 2008 MODELS !!!!!!! If you have any questions please don't hesitate PM us or we can be reached at Landice_Inc@yahoo.com

http://i22.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/b5/2b/3f28_1.JPG

With O2 plug:

http://i22.ebayimg.com/04/i/000/b5/2b/3a83_1.JPG

Without:

http://i4.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/b5/2b/3901_1.JPG

Dnyce
01-02-2009, 03:31 PM
dlit has something like this i think, i remember him mentioning a new mid-pipe. try a search maybe

ducati_atx
01-02-2009, 05:08 PM
I posted this on CF, and really didn't get much help. Hopefully you guys could shed some more light on the subject.

I recall a thread about that - and the original person asking got lots of advice - most of it being "its crap." Their HP claims were silly.

No Worries
01-02-2009, 10:30 PM
Won't anything that replaces the cat converter make more HP? Anyway, I thought those R6's don't need more HP, they need mid-range torque. Somewhere, I have a Motorcyclist mag from 2006 or 07 where they tuned an R6 for partial-opening of the throttle, and got a big increase in torque, using the PCIII. Most runs on the dyno are done at full-throttle. I'll look for that mag on Sat or Sun.

DLIT
01-03-2009, 05:46 AM
I have the exact one. The owner needed a '09 R6 to mock up before he started selling them for the '09. Parts and labor were free (he lives in Vegas). I noticed increased throttle response and mid range. Not "Holy shit!" increases, but they're there. I haven't got a power commander yet, but there are maps out there for them. I'm just gonna get mine dyno-tuned when I get a PC though. No issues with mine yet. And without the cat, the stock slip-on is loud as fuck.

Lucky3623
01-05-2009, 09:52 AM
I recall a thread about that - and the original person asking got lots of advice - most of it being "its crap." Their HP claims were silly.

Yup... that was me that asked... just trying to find a reason not to spend over $800 if I don't have to.

And yes... most answers I got were:

"That thing is a piece of crap..."

when I asked why... I got no responses...

DLIT
01-05-2009, 01:39 PM
I got no complaints about it.

dReWpY
01-05-2009, 08:49 PM
for a pc3, you can get one for 250ish brand new from a guy in cali that has a shop, realy good guy too

Dnyce
01-05-2009, 08:55 PM
for a pc3, you can get one for 250ish brand new from a guy in cali that has a shop, realy good guy too

where?

Lucky3623
01-06-2009, 09:39 AM
I have the exact one. The owner needed a '09 R6 to mock up before he started selling them for the '09. Parts and labor were free (he lives in Vegas). I noticed increased throttle response and mid range. Not "Holy shit!" increases, but they're there. I haven't got a power commander yet, but there are maps out there for them. I'm just gonna get mine dyno-tuned when I get a PC though. No issues with mine yet. And without the cat, the stock slip-on is loud as fuck.

What slip on are you running?

I am running Akra Megaphone... (thinking bout switching to Termignoni Moto 350mm GP Style Slip-On)

marko138
01-06-2009, 09:49 AM
where?
Thats Drewpy's move...tell everyone they can get something everyone wants at a really good price...but never tell you where the FUCK to get it!

DLIT
01-06-2009, 11:11 AM
You can get 'em for around $250 on Ebay anyway. I think i saw $258.

What slip on are you running?

I am running Akra Megaphone... (thinking bout switching to Termignoni Moto 350mm GP Style Slip-On)

I still run my stock slip-on. Waiting until I can afford a CF Leo Vince SBK.

dReWpY
01-06-2009, 01:19 PM
http://www.scottsms.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=77

pc3usb $270 brand new

Lucky3623
01-06-2009, 01:47 PM
And what about Performance Fabrication works midpipe?

http://performancefabricationworks.com/midpipe/

They have a mid-pipe and a HiFlow muffler...

DLIT
01-06-2009, 06:47 PM
And what about Performance Fabrication works midpipe?

http://performancefabricationworks.com/midpipe/

They have a mid-pipe and a HiFlow muffler...

You been on www.r6central.com yet? Ask your R6 questions there, too.

Lucky3623
01-07-2009, 08:59 AM
You been on www.r6central.com yet? Ask your R6 questions there, too.

Nice, thanks. Never been there.

Dnyce
09-25-2010, 10:20 PM
r6central apparently doesnt exist anymore?

derf
09-26-2010, 01:31 PM

looks like someone forgot to pay their rent

DLIT
09-27-2010, 08:41 PM

Called R6live now...

And all the T-Tuner does is cut down on weight. Nothing gained performance-wise.

Dnyce
09-28-2010, 11:27 AM
thanks