PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland Bike Show

JoJoYZF
01-08-2009, 04:09 PM
I'll be heading up there sunday feb 1st with a couple people, who else is planning on going up there? I havent decided what time yet, but I have all day off if anyone wants to meet up.

racedoll
01-08-2009, 06:20 PM
I'll be heading up there sunday feb 1st with a couple people, who else is planning on going up there? I havent decided what time yet, but I have all day off if anyone wants to meet up.

I'm sure Erik and I will be up there one of the days, not sure which one yet.

JoJoYZF
01-09-2009, 11:24 AM
I know none too soft and porkchop mentioned going up there too. Where in ohio are you?

Porkchop
01-09-2009, 08:46 PM
I'm still game.... I'll be coming from columbus most likely saturday evening and staying at my g-ma's in grafton....

JoJoYZF
01-09-2009, 09:06 PM
Alright cool, im not sure on a time just yet, but we'll figure it out closer to then.

Phenix_Rider
01-09-2009, 11:25 PM
I'll be up Saturday with my pops! :dthumb:

JoJoYZF
01-10-2009, 01:02 PM
I'll be up Saturday with my pops! :dthumb:

You need to go sunday instead.

Porkchop
01-15-2009, 12:45 AM
Whats the update? Everybody still in?

JoJoYZF
01-15-2009, 11:27 PM
Definitely. I think a couple friends of mine might be coming. And Im gonna either text or PM nts and see if hes still game.

Porkchop
01-27-2009, 01:19 AM
Whats the game plan JoJo? When does it open? Where we meeting?

I might bring some non forum friends, but one might wanna be back in Colmbus for the superbowl.

JoJoYZF
01-27-2009, 06:07 PM
I was actually gonna bump this thread today too.

Show opens at 9 on sunday, Im thinking of shooting for 10 or 11. It also says on one of the sites that tickets are cash only at the ticket booth, I dont remember if thats the case for the IX center or not, so just a heads up. Im trying to convince a few people to come up and I still havent gotten a hold of NtS yet. Ill PM you my number tonight or tomorrow so we can meet up if we're just meeting there.

Just let me know what you wanna do if you have any suggestions.

Phenix_Rider
01-27-2009, 08:13 PM

Show opens at 9 on sunday, Im thinking of shooting for 10 or 11. It also says on one of the sites that tickets are cash only at the ticket booth, I dont remember if thats the case for the IX center or not, so just a heads up. Im trying to convince a few people to come up and I still havent gotten a hold of NtS yet. Ill PM you my number tonight or tomorrow so we can meet up if we're just meeting there.

Just let me know what you wanna do if you have any suggestions.

I think the Squidbusters group is planning to meet at the Brew Kettle saturday evening after the show.

Porkchop
01-27-2009, 11:41 PM

Show opens at 9 on sunday, Im thinking of shooting for 10 or 11. It also says on one of the sites that tickets are cash only at the ticket booth, I dont remember if thats the case for the IX center or not, so just a heads up. Im trying to convince a few people to come up and I still havent gotten a hold of NtS yet. Ill PM you my number tonight or tomorrow so we can meet up if we're just meeting there. Just let me know what you wanna do if you have any suggestions.

We paid cash anyway the last time we went to IX for the auto show, so I wouldnt know either way. 10 or 11 sounds good. That'll give us good time to browse, take pictures, and bullshit. Grab some food afterwards or something? I'm not quite sure about my friends yet... but we'll want to get back to Columbus by kickoff.

Where the fuck has NTS been?????

JoJoYZF
01-27-2009, 11:42 PM
Id be down but Ill be at bw3 watching GSP kick BJ Penns ass.

JoJoYZF
01-27-2009, 11:44 PM
We paid cash anyway the last time we went to IX for the auto show, so I wouldnt know either way. 10 or 11 sounds good. That'll give us good time to browse, take pictures, and bullshit. Grab some food afterwards or something? I'm not quite sure about my friends yet... but we'll want to get back to Columbus by kickoff.

Where the fuck has NTS been?????

Thats cool with me. Im not sure what Im doing for the super bowl yet, but if you guys are shooting for cbus by then its no issue.

He just PMed me earlier today and said hed let me know when hes gonna be up there. He is going, just not sure of what day yet and he some how lost his phone.

Porkchop
01-28-2009, 12:19 AM
Id be down but Ill be at bw3 watching GSP kick BJ Penns ass.

I dont know about that.... It will depend on what Penn shows up for the fight.

Thats cool with me. Im not sure what Im doing for the super bowl yet, but if you guys are shooting for cbus by then its no issue.

He just PMed me earlier today and said hed let me know when hes gonna be up there. He is going, just not sure of what day yet and he some how lost his phone.

K, just update me.

JoJoYZF
01-28-2009, 01:08 AM
I dont know about that.... It will depend on what Penn shows up for the fight.

K, just update me.

Although Penn is a hell of a fighter, I just dont think he can beat GSP right now. Especially when changing weight classes to fight him. Looking forward to watching it either way.

racedoll
01-30-2009, 09:00 PM
I know none too soft and porkchop mentioned going up there too. Where in ohio are you?

I'm down near Wooster.
My husband and I are going up Sunday right when they open.
It would be nice if we could meet up with you. It's always nice to put a face with a name.

Porkchop
01-30-2009, 10:41 PM
I'm down near Wooster.
My husband and I are going up Sunday right when they open.
It would be nice if we could meet up with you. It's always nice to put a face with a name.

I will be there Sunday around 10.... see you then!

racedoll
01-31-2009, 09:51 AM
Yeah. See you then..... though I don't know who you are to know if I have seen you.
I'm sorry.

JoJoYZF
01-31-2009, 06:11 PM
I will be there Sunday around 10.... see you then!

Ill be up there around 10 or 11. Ill call you when I get up there and we can meet up.

Yeah. See you then..... though I don't know who you are to know if I have seen you.
I'm sorry.

Ill pm you my number. Give me a call sometime tomorrow morning around 10 or 11 and we can meet up with you if youd like.

TopGun
01-31-2009, 06:40 PM
I went today but I am heading up there again tomorrow with my oldest son, tiold him I would take him so I gotta, plus he loves Motorcycles!:lol: should be there around 11 or so, meeting one of my freinds up there too.

racedoll
01-31-2009, 09:11 PM
Ill pm you my number. Give me a call sometime tomorrow morning around 10 or 11 and we can meet up with you if youd like.

Sounds good to me. I'll PM you mine too.

Porkchop
01-31-2009, 11:15 PM
I'm sorry.

To everybody attending.... i'll be wearing a Lebron James warmup jersey.

lol, i guess thats kind of vague but whatever....

TopGun
01-31-2009, 11:17 PM
I prolly be wearing my Bikestyles hoodie and faded jeans.

JoJoYZF
02-01-2009, 01:42 AM
Ill probably have on jeans and a north face jacket, oh yeah, half the fucking people there will probably have that on...Ill probably throw on my blue twfix tshirt to make it a little easier.

Phenix_Rider
02-01-2009, 12:43 PM
Anyone else see Jason Britton and Lee Parks?

I bought a pair of the Deer Tour gloves for my dad, and spoke with Lee for 15-20 minutes about his gloves, class, our motorcycles, etc. Sounds like the nearest Total Cotrol class is Frederick, MD. He mentioned upgrading the suspension, and I went around the corner to the Race Tech booth.

While I was waiting to speak to the Race Tech rep, I heard a familiar voice. Turned around and saw a squinty black guy in a Kawi shirt :lol: Turned to my dad and asked if that guy looked familiar. He said, yeah- might be the superbikes guy. Didn't get to talk to him, but I didn't expet to see either of them. Both had their name tags reversed so passers by couldn't read them.

I was surprised when three people I spoke to were familiar with my 650R. First the Galfer rep knew exactly the part numbers for my pads. Ordered HH pads all around for $75 when they normally run $35 per caliper (plus shipping). Lee Parks was familiar with it, and the Race Tech rep had no problem finding the listing when he looked up my spring rate.

Tried on a ton of helmets- Shark, Shoei, Arai... Found out noe of the Sharks feel right, the Quantum II and Corsair V fit, but not great, and most of the Shoeis fit decent, but the RF-1000 is perfect. Lee Parks Deer gloves are nice- the gaunlets remind me of the old school open cockpit Lemans and Indy drivers' gloves. Tried on a Speed and Strength jacket. I'm impressed- they almost fit better than my A*. $280 at the show for a $350 jacket.

Couldn't get in the Brew Kettle. Got there about 5:30, and there was a line starting at the inner door. Waitress came out and said the wait was 25-30 minutes. We were tired, and definitely not up to standing around for a half hour, so headed home.

JoJoYZF
02-01-2009, 02:54 PM
Anyone else see Jason Britton and Lee Parks?

I bought a pair of the Deer Tour gloves for my dad, and spoke with Lee for 15-20 minutes about his gloves, class, our motorcycles, etc. Sounds like the nearest Total Cotrol class is Frederick, MD. He mentioned upgrading the suspension, and I went around the corner to the Race Tech booth.

While I was waiting to speak to the Race Tech rep, I heard a familiar voice. Turned around and saw a squinty black guy in a Kawi shirt :lol: Turned to my dad and asked if that guy looked familiar. He said, yeah- might be the superbikes guy. Didn't get to talk to him, but I didn't expet to see either of them. Both had their name tags reversed so passers by couldn't read them.

I was surprised when three people I spoke to were familiar with my 650R. First the Galfer rep knew exactly the part numbers for my pads. Ordered HH pads all around for $75 when they normally run $35 per caliper (plus shipping). Lee Parks was familiar with it, and the Race Tech rep had no problem finding the listing when he looked up my spring rate.

Tried on a ton of helmets- Shark, Shoei, Arai... Found out noe of the Sharks feel right, the Quantum II and Corsair V fit, but not great, and most of the Shoeis fit decent, but the RF-1000 is perfect. Lee Parks Deer gloves are nice- the gaunlets remind me of the old school open cockpit Lemans and Indy drivers' gloves. Tried on a Speed and Strength jacket. I'm impressed- they almost fit better than my A*. $280 at the show for a $350 jacket.

Couldn't get in the Brew Kettle. Got there about 5:30, and there was a line starting at the inner door. Waitress came out and said the wait was 25-30 minutes. We were tired, and definitely not up to standing around for a half hour, so headed home.

Didnt see Lee Parks there but right when I was meeting up with porkchop he spotted Britton so we went and talked to him and Ricky Gadson for a minute while they were eating breakfast this morning.

racedoll
02-01-2009, 03:16 PM
I had to opportunity to meet porkchop, topgun (and son - what a cutie!) and jojoyzf.
It's always so awkward when you have no idea who you are looking for...

It was great to meet all of you. Hopefully we will run into each other some time this summer.

Oh. I didn't buy anything. There is never anything to buy. Once, a couple years back a dealer in Toledo was there with a Kushitani rep and I finally found a pair of gaunlet gloves to fit. I took them home with me, then called the guy and paid for them.

Every year it gets worse and worse for the vendors. I know it's a bike show, but it would be nice if some of the manufacturers like AGV, A*, etc would come and at least bring stuff to try out - if not buy. Being female in the world of sportbikes, it's hard to find proper gear and then you never know if it will fit correctly. Granted they have gotten better, but it is still hard to find a place to actually try the stuff on. - Rant over.

JoJoYZF
02-01-2009, 03:20 PM
I had to opportunity to meet porkchop, topgun (and son - what a cutie!) and jojoyzf.

It was great to meet all of you. Hopefully we will run into each other some time this summer.

Yeah, I was trying to tell if that was you by basing it off of your avatar. Still worked out well. Glad I could meet up with everyone, it was a good time and Id be up for meeting up for a ride some time.

Oh and just since I thought it was awesome, to go along with the name Topgun, he has highway to the danger zone as a ringback tone when you call him. Simply badass.

racedoll
02-01-2009, 03:24 PM
And you guys - all of you - are much younger than I expected... not that it's a bad thing, just younger than I pictured. LOL. I know, I'm just old.

Phenix_Rider
02-01-2009, 03:51 PM

Oh. I didn't buy anything. There is never anything to buy. Once, a couple years back a dealer in Toledo was there with a Kushitani rep and I finally found a pair of gaunlet gloves to fit. I took them home with me, then called the guy and paid for them.

Every year it gets worse and worse for the vendors. I know it's a bike show, but it would be nice if some of the manufacturers like AGV, A*, etc would come and at least bring stuff to try out - if not buy. Being female in the world of sportbikes, it's hard to find proper gear and then you never know if it will fit correctly. Granted they have gotten better, but it is still hard to find a place to actually try the stuff on. - Rant over.

:idk: There were tons of places there to try stuff on. I tried on everything from JR and HJC to Dainese and Arai. Granted, most of them had textile only, but there was something to fit everyone. I saw A*, Speed and Strength, Teknic, AGV, HJC, KBC, JR, Shoei, Arai, XSpeed, Scorpion, Belstaff, Lee Parks deer gloves, on and on. That doesn't include the cruiser costumes...

JoJoYZF
02-01-2009, 04:10 PM
And you guys - all of you - are much younger than I expected... not that it's a bad thing, just younger than I pictured. LOL. I know, I'm just old.

Youre not old, but I am still a young'n. Im only turning 23 in march.

racedoll
02-01-2009, 06:42 PM
:idk: There were tons of places there to try stuff on. I tried on everything from JR and HJC to Dainese and Arai. Granted, most of them had textile only, but there was something to fit everyone. I saw A*, Speed and Strength, Teknic, AGV, HJC, KBC, JR, Shoei, Arai, XSpeed, Scorpion, Belstaff, Lee Parks deer gloves, on and on. That doesn't include the cruiser costumes...

Are you saying I'm crazy? Maybe. I didn't see anything for me. Then again, I wasn't really looking. I have everything I need. ...Which reminds me I need to take my leathers to have them tailored to fit me a little better - they are little huge in the legs. They were cheap so I'll deal with them being a bit big.

Good answer :) Erik was going to guess you at 24, so he was pretty close. I didn't even think about it. I just knew you were quite a big younger than me. (I turned 32 a week and half ago.)

Porkchop
02-01-2009, 08:39 PM
Didnt see Lee Parks there but right when I was meeting up with porkchop he spotted Britton so we went and talked to him and Ricky Gadson for a minute while they were eating breakfast this morning.

After all of you left I ran into Britton again! Took a picture, talked to him about the change to Kawasaki for a minute. Seems like a good guy and would be sweet to talk too away from the fuss.... it was just awkward cause I just felt too touristy/fan-y.

It was nice to put an actual person to a name for everybody. We should all do an Ohio ride when this white stuff melts for good and we gain about 25 degrees.

Did anybody see Scorpion? I want one of their jackets.

racedoll
02-01-2009, 08:42 PM
It was nice to put an actual person to a name for everybody. We should all do an Ohio ride when this white stuff melts for good and we gain about 25 degrees.

Sounds good to me. We like to ride to the river via 800, eat at a little restaurant in Sardis, then head up 7 and over into WVa. It's quite a ride, but very nice roads.

Are you going to post up the picture?

Porkchop
02-01-2009, 08:43 PM
Or for that matter Triumph????

Oh, and pics will be up most likely tomorrow.

JoJoYZF
02-01-2009, 09:07 PM
Good answer :) Erik was going to guess you at 24, so he was pretty close. I didn't even think about it. I just knew you were quite a big younger than me. (I turned 32 a week and half ago.)

Well, you look younger so I wouldnt worry about it. I thought you were around 30 and looked like late 20s so I was pretty close too.

After all of you left I ran into Britton again! Took a picture, talked to him about the change to Kawasaki for a minute. Seems like a good guy and would be sweet to talk too away from the fuss.... it was just awkward cause I just felt too touristy/fan-y.

Did anybody see Scorpion? I want one of their jackets.

How long did you stay up there for? I ended up passing out once I got home.

And Im game for that plan.

Porkchop
02-01-2009, 09:54 PM

Young'n??? I'm 21 in June........ :wtf:

How long did you stay up there for? I ended up passing out once I got home.

After you left... i did a complete walk of all of the manufacturers again. I actually found some new batteries in the case and decided to take more pictures. I ended up over 200 pics, and weeded them down to about 180-ish. Talked to Britton, looked for Gadson, and left at 2.

Ran back to my g-ma's. Ate. Left for Columbus about 4. I'm exhausted so i didnt even go out to parties. Just watching here with the fam.

JoJoYZF
02-01-2009, 10:06 PM
Young'n??? I'm 21 in June........ :wtf:

After you left... i did a complete walk of all of the manufacturers again. I actually found some new batteries in the case and decided to take more pictures. I ended up over 200 pics, and weeded them down to about 180-ish. Talked to Britton, looked for Gadson, and left at 2.

Ran back to my g-ma's. Ate. Left for Columbus about 4. I'm exhausted so i didnt even go out to parties. Just watching here with the fam.

Im younger than almost all of my friends, so Im still looked at as young most of the time. My closest friends are 28, 29 and 24.

Phenix_Rider
02-01-2009, 10:44 PM
Or for that matter Triumph????

Oh, and pics will be up most likely tomorrow.
Triumph is the only major manufacturer that wasn't there. I missed Guzzi, but I've seen other pics that mean I just didn't see their booth.
Im younger than almost all of my friends, so Im still looked at as young most of the time. My closest friends are 28, 29 and 24.
My friends are all like 28-32. Apparently, because I don't have children or a failed marriage, I'm just a kid :rolleyes: (I'm 24)

Porkchop
02-01-2009, 11:20 PM
Triumph is the only major manufacturer that wasn't there. I missed Guzzi, but I've seen other pics that mean I just didn't see their booth.

My friends are all like 28-32. Apparently, because I don't have children or a failed marriage, I'm just a kid :rolleyes: (I'm 24)

Too bad, i really wanted to sit on the new Daytona 675.... :shrug:

Guzzi was at the corner of Yamaha and Geico. Only like 5 bikes, nothing special.

Phenix_Rider
02-02-2009, 09:43 AM
Too bad, i really wanted to sit on the new Daytona 675.... :shrug:

Guzzi was at the corner of Yamaha and Geico. Only like 5 bikes, nothing special.

New 675?

I missed Aprilia the first time through too. Walked right behind their banner (floor to ceiling almost) and didn't see the bikes

JoJoYZF
02-02-2009, 10:46 AM
New 675?

I missed Aprilia the first time through too. Walked right behind their banner (floor to ceiling almost) and didn't see the bikes

Yeah, its new for 09.

http://www.visordown.com/motorcyclenews/view/2009_triumph_675_daytona_revealed/5268.html

Porkchop
02-03-2009, 01:01 AM
New 675?

I was pleasantly supprised by the Aprillas... especially the Tuono, RSV 1000, and RS125

Yeah, its new for 09.

http://www.visordown.com/motorcyclenews/view/2009_triumph_675_daytona_revealed/5268.html

Yea, what he said....

Porkchop
02-03-2009, 10:52 PM
Sorry everybody... this week has already been hell. Both of my GM's have walking pneumonia and every minute that im not in class, im at work... being the next manager down. This will go on till atleast saturday. I want to tear heads off right now.

But i promise pics will get up sometime soon.................

TopGun
02-04-2009, 08:54 PM
Hey it was great meeting you all! Had a great time at the show both days. I spent some money for sure, Got a $198 m\MX helmet for $99 and then bought some shirts from my buddies booth at Bikestyles Inc. and paid for the FireFighters memorial ride in May. so yeah I spent a little:lol:

And Racerdoll, I am older then you! I am 36 you youngin!!:lol:

JoJoYZF
02-04-2009, 10:02 PM
Hey it was great meeting you all! Had a great time at the show both days. I spent some money for sure, Got a $198 m\MX helmet for $99 and then bought some shirts from my buddies booth at Bikestyles Inc. and paid for the FireFighters memorial ride in May. so yeah I spent a little:lol:

Fuck a helmet and shirts, you were supposed to leave with a new bike for the little man.

Porkchop
02-04-2009, 10:11 PM

I unfortunatly couldnt spend any money.... i need to pay off the rest of my bike, $1400, before I can even think about riding it in the spring. Its the ONLY way my parents will be cool with it. They detest me spending money. Speaking of my parents..... they are 47 and 48. You guys are still young compared to them.

Oh and TopGun, if I didnt tell you at the show.... your bike is fuckin sweet. I've always loved that color combo.

TopGun
02-04-2009, 11:49 PM
PC thanks on the bike

JoJo I am lookin into that now, might try and work a deal for a 2 bike purchase, his cr50 and my cr230.

JoJoYZF
02-05-2009, 10:34 PM
PC thanks on the bike

JoJo I am lookin into that now, might try and work a deal for a 2 bike purchase, his cr50 and my cr230.

Even better move man. Thatd be badass.

Porkchop
02-07-2009, 11:38 PM
PICTURES ARE FINALLY UP.... sorry

in the off topic section.... more traffic

racedoll
02-08-2009, 06:25 PM
Speaking of my parents..... they are 47 and 48. You guys are still young compared to them.

What is sad is that Erik is 40 (as of Saturday), damn near could be your father! HA!

Thanks Top Gun. I'm glad there is something "mature" in this section because I sure as hell don't act 32.