PDA

View Full Version : Keihin CVK needles

Digifox
01-09-2009, 11:19 AM
Ugh, i have to ask since i cant find anything.

Is it possible to buy Keihin CVK needles?
i need new ones since mine are all pitted and scarred up(I DIDNT DO IT)
But running around on Google and EBay for about an hour all i can find with CVK needles are the Jet kits(and ALL i need are the jets)

So is there any where im not looking that has them?
Stock or Dynojet replacements.

Ive found all kind of needles but they aren't for CV carbs (Round or flat slide carbs)

Corey
01-09-2009, 11:27 AM
Quick google search gives me this:

http://www.cyclewareables.com/pages/keihin_parts_index/keihin_parts_opening_page.htm

Dunno if that helps any.

Edited to add:

http://www.carbparts.com/keihin/needles_tuning/jet_needles/keihin_jet_needles.htm

Sixxxxer
01-09-2009, 01:00 PM
At first I thought this was Drug related.

But Now I realized It's Not...Lol

BobTheBiker
01-09-2009, 04:49 PM
have you looked on ronayers, bikebandit, cheapcycleparts, and/or oldbikebarn?

HRCNICK11
01-09-2009, 07:30 PM
Seach "OEM PARTS then the make of the bike ie Kawi, suzuki, honda and so on. Also if you have a dyno jet kit you buy the kit or call dyno jet. They have sent me different needles for a Califoria bike for free.

Digifox
01-10-2009, 11:26 AM
went through all of google shopping,Ebay,Bikebandit,Factorypro,Dynojet and just a google search for sites.

Also if you have a dyno jet kit you buy the kit or call dyno jet. They have sent me different needles for a Califoria bike for free.

It HAD DynoJet Mains but everything else was stock
(the slides wernt even drilled to 7/64th)

ive changed over to the Keithin jets.
and doing all the stuff myself
http://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/Can_I_improve_carb_performance_without_buying_a_wh ole_jet_kit%3F

If there is no need why buy a Jet kit for $78 that only cost about $20 in parts(6 jets at 2sum a piece). . . just takes a little longer to get your jetting right

BobTheBiker
01-10-2009, 08:44 PM
How many CVK needles do you need? I've got 1 rack of parts carbs at this point I'm willing to part with the needles from.

HRCNICK11
01-11-2009, 10:01 AM
Cause the kits don't just have 4 mains. The last kit I bought had about 6 sets of 4 mains (24 mains) four needles and clips plus the four more they sent me (8 needles) four springs for the slides. Plus instructions.

Also the last kit I got for a single cylinder engine was only $36. Well worth the R&D they do.

HRCNICK11
01-11-2009, 10:03 AM
http://www.sudco.com/

Everything carb you should ever need.

Digifox
01-11-2009, 10:35 AM
HRCNICK11: their website doesn't like my computer. . . .or their PDF is screwy

How many CVK needles do you need? I've got 1 rack of parts carbs at this point I'm willing to part with the needles from.

I just need two good ones. . .Since i only have a Twin. . .lol

BobTheBiker
01-11-2009, 10:41 AM
ok, I wasnt sure if you needed 2 or 4 offhand. I've got stock ones here. I'm thinkin just shoot me like $10 and they're yours.

Digifox
01-11-2009, 12:22 PM
ok, I wasnt sure if you needed 2 or 4 offhand. I've got stock ones here. I'm thinkin just shoot me like $10 and they're yours.

Sounds good to me.

Ill get talk to mom or dad and ill probably be able to paypal you later today or monday

BobTheBiker
01-11-2009, 01:29 PM
Alright. I wont be heading out to mail anything until later this week roughly I dont think

Digifox
01-11-2009, 03:19 PM
Alright. I wont be heading out to mail anything until later this week roughly I dont think

Thats cool i wont be doing much work seeing as its cold as fuck. . lol

BobTheBiker
01-11-2009, 04:09 PM
heh, I'm only building a motor in my bedroom. its a horrible idea on account of I cant lift it myself to move it to the bike and install it. SHIT!

Digifox
01-11-2009, 04:31 PM
heh, I'm only building a motor in my bedroom. its a horrible idea on account of I cant lift it myself to move it to the bike and install it. SHIT!

Holy fuck!
What kind of motor is it?

BobTheBiker
01-11-2009, 05:12 PM
for my ninja 1000. I dont have a garage, and really cant build it on my porch where sand and shit will get into the cases and ruin all my work.

Digifox
01-11-2009, 05:18 PM
for my ninja 1000. I dont have a garage, and really cant build it on my porch where sand and shit will get into the cases and ruin all my work.

Ohhhhh, that a 4 Cylinder right?

I guess its heavy though.:idk: