PDA

View Full Version : Body Kits

Amber Lamps
01-12-2009, 07:40 PM
I was looking over Auctmarts website and saw some crazy body kits. I thought you guys might be interested. Here's a sample..

Website is..http://www.auctmarts.com/main/

Quick281
01-12-2009, 07:54 PM
I thought I heard some mixed reviews from some of the Gixxer peeps. Mostly fitment issues.And we can assume they go through enough body work to know. :D

Dave
01-13-2009, 12:26 AM
ugh spiderman fairings

DLIT
01-13-2009, 03:26 AM
A guy I ride with just put some of those Rossi ones on his CBR. He says the fit wasn't the greatest, but they still fit.

http://www.702sportbikes.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=22465

marko138
01-13-2009, 09:28 AM
Beat.

Sixxxxer
01-13-2009, 09:39 AM
Eh, I'll stick to Factory Fairings.

r!der
01-13-2009, 01:01 PM
too bad they don't make track sets.

azoomm
01-13-2009, 01:14 PM
Those would be super duper awesome with colored tires...

r!der
01-13-2009, 01:16 PM
Those would be super duper awesome with colored tires...

+ LED Lights and lots of chrome?

azoomm
01-13-2009, 01:18 PM

ooooooooo!!!!! Even BETTER!!!

MILK
01-13-2009, 01:26 PM
Do they have flat black? Oh wait...

jalaan1
01-13-2009, 01:56 PM
not bad for the price, i guess.

Carolina
01-13-2009, 07:12 PM
at least u won't have a prob finding your ish at a gathering

Amber Lamps
01-13-2009, 09:23 PM

Well,I paint the letters on my tires AND I have LEDs on it...no chrome tho' I do have lots of carbon fiber... I guess not everyone was born with the impeccable taste that you all exhibit. Hey,I was just passing on some info that I thought was interesting. $300+ for a full set of fairings doesn't sound that bad to me. BTW I didn't have to modify my set too much,shit I had to work on the CF front fender I got from Suzuki a lot more to get it to line up right. To buy new factory plastics and have them decaled and painted to match any of these kits would cost well over $2000. Heck,some body shops here wanted almost $500 just to paint my tank to match in solid white. Oh well,to each his/her own.

azoomm
01-13-2009, 09:47 PM
Well,I paint the letters on my tires AND I have LEDs on it...no chrome tho' I do have lots of carbon fiber... I guess not everyone was born with the impeccable taste that you all exhibit. Hey,I was just passing on some info that I thought was interesting. $300+ for a full set of fairings doesn't sound that bad to me. BTW I didn't have to modify my set too much,shit I had to work on the CF front fender I got from Suzuki a lot more to get it to line up right. To buy new factory plastics and have them decaled and painted to match any of these kits would cost well over $2000. Heck,some body shops here wanted almost $500 just to paint my tank to match in solid white. Oh well,to each his/her own.

From what I have witnessed - $300 is a you-get-what-you-pay-for situation. They SHATTER upon slight bump to anything (one person I know had that happen when a car door hit it in a parking lot).

So, it's alright if you want to change the look of your bike from time to time to time. Of course, with the ill fitting mis-aligned holes it might take you the same amount of time to paint what you have. But, hey... was it taste you were questioning?

I'm one that believes unless you actually earned the sponsorship, you shouldn't be a rolling billboard. FWIW - your body shop quote is WAY overpriced. But then, you know that.

:dthumb:

Amber Lamps
01-13-2009, 10:07 PM
From what I have witnessed - $300 is a you-get-what-you-pay-for situation. They SHATTER upon slight bump to anything (one person I know had that happen when a car door hit it in a parking lot).

So, it's alright if you want to change the look of your bike from time to time to time. Of course, with the ill fitting mis-aligned holes it might take you the same amount of time to paint what you have. But, hey... was it taste you were questioning?

I'm one that believes unless you actually earned the sponsorship, you shouldn't be a rolling billboard. FWIW - your body shop quote is WAY overpriced. But then, you know that.

What? I didn't have "ill fitment or misaligned holes". There are quite a few companys that sell these kits and some are better than others. Oh and I quoted exactly what I was told,I did get a shop to do it for $150,so alls well that ends well,but that doesn't change anything. I personally know guys that have paid well over 2k just for a paint job on a bike,so I don't know what the fuck you are blathering on about. Shit,I bet a vinyl shop would hit you for about $200 just for the stickers. As far as sponsorship goes,I can imagine you in a Abercrombie and Fitch T-Shirt,do they sponsor you? Of course not,you use their products,don't you think that they WANT you to advertise this fact? Almost every sticker on my bike,I use their products on or in the bike so nyah,nyah,nyah! Just for that,I hope that Obama raises your taxes you elitist pig!

azoomm
01-13-2009, 10:20 PM
Just for that,I hope that Obama raises your taxes you elitist pig!

:rofl:

You type that like you hurt my feelings...

Amber Lamps
01-14-2009, 01:23 AM
:rofl:

You type that like you hurt my feelings...

Ahhh...I shot my load on the other thread about the PLO bitch and didn't have anything left for you...:sorry:

Dnyce
01-14-2009, 03:23 AM
300+ for the fairings, 225 to ship. then you have to get the tank painted to match. thats alot in my opinion to have shit not line up perfectly-not personal exp, just what i've repeatedly repeatedly heard. id rather just get it painted instead of copying someone elses scheme. sounds like the final price would be the same....the race replicas, while not my style, do look nice, but the "custom" painted ones are crappy designs imo

marko138
01-14-2009, 08:38 AM
What? I didn't have "ill fitment or misaligned holes". There are quite a few companys that sell these kits and some are better than others. Oh and I quoted exactly what I was told,I did get a shop to do it for $150,so alls well that ends well,but that doesn't change anything. I personally know guys that have paid well over 2k just for a paint job on a bike,so I don't know what the fuck you are blathering on about. Shit,I bet a vinyl shop would hit you for about $200 just for the stickers. As far as sponsorship goes,I can imagine you in a Abercrombie and Fitch T-Shirt,do they sponsor you? Of course not,you use their products,don't you think that they WANT you to advertise this fact? Almost every sticker on my bike,I use their products on or in the bike so nyah,nyah,nyah! Just for that,I hope that Obama raises your taxes you elitist pig!
I love how you get so wound up when someone takes a shit on your deal. It's very comical.

azoomm
01-14-2009, 08:43 AM
Ahhh...I shot my load on the other thread about the PLO bitch and didn't have anything left for you...:sorry:

I just know your potential, and expected so much more from you. Do better next time, ok??

:lol:

I guess my point, that might have been missed in the [OMG she is bashing on something I love] type, I'm a less-is-more human. They are busy, and even if they weren't the reputation is poor. Why would I spend $200 on these when I can get fiberglass for $800? Even if I opted for a $500 paint job, in the long run I would come out ahead. But then, I have at least one of my bikes hit the ground a year (if not more) and quality skins are something to keep in mine FOR ME.

Though, I do loathe dealing with painters, so on that aspect maybe these would be worth it... I try to give them the benefit of the doubt that the fumes are eating their brains and they can't help it. But, I've only had odd experiences.

OneSickPsycho
01-14-2009, 09:26 AM
I love how you get so wound up when someone takes a shit on your deal. It's very comical.

Spaz. I love it too.

deals gap dragon slayer
01-14-2009, 05:52 PM
I wonder if they do custom work too? I'm wanting race skins for the zx10 with my company logo on them...

Amber Lamps
01-14-2009, 05:59 PM
I wonder if they do custom work too? I'm wanting race skins for the zx10 with my company logo on them...

Yes they do,I had them leave off the numbers and change a couple companies. They didn't charge me any extra btw.

Amber Lamps
01-14-2009, 07:44 PM

Yeah I know,it's just that I put all my own time into it and it's about all that I have in my life to begin to have any pride in so I get a bit sensitive...:sorry:

In my defense,my honest intention was to share what I thought was a pretty good deal with you guys and I actually didn't expect to get smeared about my personal bike.

Dnyce
01-14-2009, 09:05 PM
In my defense,my honest intention was to share what I thought was a pretty good deal with you guys and I actually didn't expect to get smeared about my personal bike.

i thought they were joking in general, how would they know you had led's and stuff? i dont think you ever posted your bike with em on....you should, i wana see how it looks at night. what led kit did u use?

and just to mess with ya, arent those michelin stickers on your fender? but those tires sure look like pirelli's....:lol:

Amber Lamps
01-14-2009, 09:39 PM
i thought they were joking in general, how would they know you had led's and stuff? i dont think you ever posted your bike with em on....you should, i wana see how it looks at night. what led kit did u use?

and just to mess with ya, arent those michelin stickers on your fender? but those tires sure look like pirelli's....:lol:

Yeah I know,I meant to buy Michelin tires at the time but got a smokin' deal on the Pirellis. Shit now I'm gonna have Bridgestones on there... I really like the Michelin Man decal tho'...

Oh and here ya go...

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll220/lontigger/DSC00384.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll220/lontigger/DSC00388.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll220/lontigger/DSC00387.jpg

Dnyce
01-14-2009, 09:44 PM
Yeah I know,I meant to buy Michelin tires at the time but got a smokin' deal on the Pirellis. Shit now I'm gonna have Bridgestones on there... I really like the Michelin Man decal tho'...

im just fuckin with ya on the tires, but i'm serious about the led's. post up fucker :D

Amber Lamps
01-14-2009, 10:05 PM
im just fuckin with ya on the tires, but i'm serious about the led's. post up fucker :D

I did knuckle fucker! I actually bought about 50 leds and have only managed to install 3 so far.... I'm not sure I want to go into an elaborate lighting set-up just yet. If I were back in Michigan,I'd have done it just for something to do...

Oh and here ya go...

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll220/lontigger/DSC00384.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll220/lontigger/DSC00388.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll220/lontigger/DSC00387.jpg

see?

marko138
01-15-2009, 10:29 AM
Yeah I know,it's just that I put all my own time into it and it's about all that I have in my life to begin to have any pride in so I get a bit sensitive...:sorry:

Didn't realize anyone was slamming your particular ride. I think your bike looks great. Ass grabber.

azoomm
01-15-2009, 10:54 AM
Didn't realize anyone was slamming your particular ride. I think your bike looks great. Ass grabber.

We didn't. But, now that we know he gets so pussy-hurt about it... we just might.

marko138
01-15-2009, 11:15 AM
We didn't. But, now that we know he gets so pussy-hurt about it... we just might.
I would expect as much. :lol:

deals gap dragon slayer
01-15-2009, 01:51 PM
emailed them about custom work.. tod them i wanted basically a scheme like the konika- minolta cbr, but with my company's name instead... they said no problem... 20 bucks extra...

HOWEVER>>>> if i want race plastic instead of street... thats about $700... still thinking

Can't they just not cut the light holes in the street work?

Amber Lamps
01-15-2009, 07:45 PM
emailed them about custom work.. tod them i wanted basically a scheme like the konika- minolta cbr, but with my company's name instead... they said no problem... 20 bucks extra...

HOWEVER>>>> if i want race plastic instead of street... thats about $700... still thinking

Can't they just not cut the light holes in the street work?

I don't know but they use dies so I guess it would be a problem...to be honest they'll probably buy the plastics elsewhere and paint them.

Dnyce
01-15-2009, 11:27 PM
I did knuckle fucker! I actually bought about 50 leds and have only managed to install 3 so far.... I'm not sure I want to go into an elaborate lighting set-up just yet. If I were back in Michigan,I'd have done it just for something to do...

see?

u added em after i posted lol

so are those really visible when you ride? helps cagers see you better at nite?