PDA

View Full Version : Throttle lock/cruise control

derf
01-12-2009, 09:44 PM
Anyone know of a throttle lock which would work with a 99 cbr900?

JoshuaTree
01-13-2009, 12:25 AM
http://www.throttlemeister.com/

I've installed these on a bunch of BMWs - no issues, and the way they work favors safety (i.e. rolling off the throttle releases the friction hold).

YMMV... :shrug:

Sixxxxer
01-13-2009, 09:26 AM
Looks like a nice setup...Def something I'm gonna purchase before my ride down to the rally...I think my wrist will love me

jtemple
01-13-2009, 09:51 AM
I have tried several. Nothing tops the Throttlemeister.

G-Rex
01-13-2009, 09:52 AM
I love my Throttlemeister. It'll even maintain high triple digits if you want it to. :whistle:

Sixxxxer
01-13-2009, 09:52 AM
So from the site basically you use that to set your speed but if I had to jump on the throttle real quick it would disengage itself??

Guess I'll just have to order it install it and go use it for myself.

Sixxxxer
01-13-2009, 09:56 AM
I love my Throttlemeister. It'll even maintain high triple digits if you want it to. :whistle:

What I wanna know is...your Sig shows all the states you've been to...How did you go to All the surrounding states EXCEPT Tennessee

z06boy
01-13-2009, 09:59 AM
I don't have a "throttle lock" but I do have one of these on both bikes and like it alot.

http://www.crampbuster.com/info.html

http://www.crampbuster.com/images/cb_wide.jpg

G-Rex
01-13-2009, 10:02 AM
What I wanna know is...your Sig shows all the states you've been to...How did you go to All the surrounding states EXCEPT Tennessee

Routing and timing. :lol: Memphis is 8 hours away. I'll get that and the other 3 once the weather warms up. :D

Sixxxxer
01-13-2009, 10:05 AM
Do you count it as just riding through them or do you have to stay there for a day...

G-Rex
01-13-2009, 10:16 AM
Do you count it as just riding through them or do you have to stay there for a day...

That map reflects every state I have ridden through on my Hayabusa only. I've ridden through Tennesee on my TLR, but not the Busa, so that is why it's not shown.

My goal is to hit all 50 states with the Busa. I'm almost there. I rode my best friend's bike in Hawaii, but not the Busa. I'm going to ship the Busa over at some point.

I've done pretty good so far. Seen a lot more of the country than most people do, and I've done it on 2 wheels. The Busa is sitting on 50,000 miles plus a little. I can't wait to see what the next 50k bring. :D

I've also ridden through 6 Canadian provinces. I'll polish the ones off in the middle I haven't been to soon also.

Sixxxxer
01-13-2009, 10:41 AM
Thats Kickass Man...People call me crazy for wanting to ride to GA for the Rally...

Mr Lefty
01-13-2009, 02:17 PM
I had a throttle lock... can't remember the name... but it sucked ass... wouldn't lock the throttle under 65mph... I'd just slowly lose speed. over 75 it'd be ok... though it always seemed I'd set it look down and I'd be going 10mph faster than what I set it at...

between 65-75... it'd vary... sometimes it'd work ok... sometimes it'd almost speed up... but usually it'd just let me slowly slow down...

much more aggrivation than was worth imo...

Mine was the one with the thumb lever...

jtemple
01-13-2009, 03:39 PM
So from the site basically you use that to set your speed but if I had to jump on the throttle real quick it would disengage itself??

Guess I'll just have to order it install it and go use it for myself.Here's how it works. The insides of the throttle-side barend are threaded, with a collar in the center. When you twist the bar end toward yourself (like opening the throttle), the inner collar moves closer to your throttle tube and puts pressure on it, holding your throttle in place. Twist the barend the other way, and the collar retracts back. The right & left side barends look identical on the outside. They're also super heavy, completely eliminating any bar vibes.

While the lock is engaged, you can still turn your throttle, it's just harder to turn. This makes emergency stops possible. It also makes slight throttle tweaks possible, so you can adjust your speed while you cruise.

You can't twist your throttle and the barened together, or you'll be full throttle by the time you get it locked. What I do is reach over with my left hand and hold the throttle in place. Then, with my right hand, I twist the barend. Disengaging the lock is a one-handed operation. You can roll the barend and throttle forward together, or just roll the barend forward and let the throttle close on its own.

The Throttlemeister is VERY solid and VERY smooth to actuate. You really do get your money's worth (and I'm a cheap bastard).

Cutty72
01-13-2009, 08:11 PM
Routing and timing. :lol: Memphis is 8 hours away. I'll get that and the other 3 once the weather warms up. :D

Pussy, come on it's ONLY -30 right now. PERFECT riding weather! :lol:

I had a throttle lock... can't remember the name... but it sucked ass... wouldn't lock the throttle under 65mph... I'd just slowly lose speed. over 75 it'd be ok... though it always seemed I'd set it look down and I'd be going 10mph faster than what I set it at...

between 65-75... it'd vary... sometimes it'd work ok... sometimes it'd almost speed up... but usually it'd just let me slowly slow down...

much more aggrivation than was worth imo...

Mine was the one with the thumb lever...

Same one drewpy has... I can't remember it either.

I'm going throttlemieser this season, heard it works great on the 1125.

DLIT
01-13-2009, 08:45 PM
Here's how it works. The insides of the throttle-side barend are threaded, with a collar in the center. When you twist the bar end toward yourself (like opening the throttle), the inner collar moves closer to your throttle tube and puts pressure on it, holding your throttle in place. Twist the barend the other way, and the collar retracts back. The right & left side barends look identical on the outside. They're also super heavy, completely eliminating any bar vibes.

While the lock is engaged, you can still turn your throttle, it's just harder to turn. This makes emergency stops possible. It also makes slight throttle tweaks possible, so you can adjust your speed while you cruise.

You can't twist your throttle and the barened together, or you'll be full throttle by the time you get it locked. What I do is reach over with my left hand and hold the throttle in place. Then, with my right hand, I twist the barend. Disengaging the lock is a one-handed operation. You can roll the barend and throttle forward together, or just roll the barend forward and let the throttle close on its own.

The Throttlemeister is VERY solid and VERY smooth to actuate. You really do get your money's worth (and I'm a cheap bastard).

Nice work explaining it.

JoshuaTree
01-14-2009, 12:30 AM
When properly adjusted, you can engage and disengage the Throttlemeister unit with ONE HAND, and still maintain speed. ;)