01-14-2009, 03:07 PM
toms favorite singer turns the big 5-0 today

Geoff tate:dthumb:

And he rides

Tom

neebelung
01-14-2009, 03:21 PM
Does he really (ride, that is)?

He looks wayyyy older than 50. The rock star lifestyle has aged him badly. :lol: He was stayin in our hotel when we were in Vegas, and he looked... well... like ass. :lol: (but then, he's earned it, I suppose).

Rider
01-14-2009, 03:32 PM
Does he really (ride, that is)?

He looks wayyyy older than 50. The rock star lifestyle has aged him badly. :lol: He was stayin in our hotel when we were in Vegas, and he looked... well... like ass. :lol: (but then, he's earned it, I suppose).

Living in Seattle ages you quick. All that rain depresses the shit out of you.

tommymac
01-14-2009, 03:35 PM
he does ride, last I heard he has an older kawi sport tourer.

What realy did him in was he was/is a chain smoker thats why he never hits those big screams anymore :(

Tom

neebelung
01-14-2009, 03:37 PM
Living in Seattle ages you quick. All that rain depresses the shit out of you.:lol: Well you don't exactly get abundant sunshine all year in MI, do ya?

What realy did him in was he was/is a chain smoker thats why he never hits those big screams anymore :(

Tom

That's too bad; he did have an amazing voice back in the day.

Rider
01-14-2009, 03:38 PM
:lol: Well you don't exactly get abundant sunshine all year in MI, do ya?

That's too bad; he did have an amazing voice back in the day.

Cold and snow has nothing to do with the amount of sunshine we get. It's not cloudy/rainy EVERYDAY here. Our summers are longer(and nicer).

2up
01-14-2009, 03:43 PM
Cold and snow has nothing to do with the amount of sunshine we get. It's not cloudy/rainy EVERYDAY here. Our summers are longer(and nicer).

I don't know where in MI you live but I do know that the metro-Detroit rarely has extended periods of time when its not gray/overcast/cloudy. Living there was more depressing than living in Washington state because at least in WA its lush and green while its gray and rainy!

And, Geoff Tate f'n rules! He's still an amazing singer, even if he isn't AS great as he was.

Rider
01-14-2009, 03:45 PM
I don't know where in MI you live but I do know that the metro-Detroit rarely has extended periods of time when its not gray/overcast/cloudy. Living there was more depressing than living in Washington state because at least in WA its lush and green while its gray and rainy!

And, Geoff Tate f'n rules! He's still an amazing singer, even if he isn't AS great as he was.
I'm on the West coast of MI.

tommymac
01-14-2009, 03:46 PM
he still sounds good at their shows, just doesnt hit any of those long screams anymore. i am sure his sound guys deserve some credit too.

Tom

neebelung
01-14-2009, 03:48 PM
Cold and snow has nothing to do with the amount of sunshine we get.

:shrug: How should I know.. :lol: I equate cold & snow with grey (or white, as it were) misery. :lol:

he still sounds good at their shows, just doesnt hit any of those long screams anymore. i am sure his sound guys deserve some credit too.

Tom

I really wanted to see them when we were in Vegas (they played HoB while we were there) but we just couldn't squeeze it in. :(

tommymac
01-14-2009, 03:50 PM
I think theyre touring again in the spring.

Tom

Rider
01-14-2009, 03:51 PM
:shrug: How should I know.. :lol: I equate cold & snow with grey (or white, as it were) misery. :lol:

It's sunnier or "brighter" when there is snow on the ground. :dthumb:

neebelung
01-14-2009, 03:53 PM
I think theyre touring again in the spring.

Tom

Oh yeah? (Pffft... doubt they'll come here, though.. NO one does... :lol: )

It's sunnier or "brighter" when there is snow on the ground. :dthumb:

Ok, I hadn't thought about that aspect.

RCM78
01-14-2009, 08:43 PM
Couple years ago my wife got comp tix and backstage passes to a Queensryche show from ESP. (She's in the biz) Anyway, I'm talkin to Michael Wilton telling him what an ass Mike stone is and how much he butchers their songs when I see a picture of Tommy on the wall. I'm like, Hey that dude is a friend of mine. Security quickly rushed me outa there...

Now I think my pic is up next to Tom's...:idk:

rogue
01-14-2009, 09:04 PM

Tom

A few years ago when I got to see Dokken. That mother fucker was drinking and chain smoking on stage and could still wail like he did back in the day. :rockout: He was 50 then, I think.

I didn't know ol' Tate rode either. Most of the rockers back in the day road crusiers. That's pretty sweet if he's riding a sport tourer! :dthumb:

tommymac
01-14-2009, 09:05 PM
Couple years ago my wife got comp tix and backstage passes to a Queensryche show from ESP. (She's in the biz) Anyway, I'm talkin to Michael Wilton telling him what an ass Mike stone is and how much he butchers their songs when I see a picture of Tommy on the wall. I'm like, Hey that dude is a friend of mine. Security quickly rushed me outa there...

Now I think my pic is up next to Tom's...:idk:

LOL Surprised it took ya till the second page to respond

Tom