View Full Version : Geeks Unite! BSG is back

derf
01-16-2009, 01:35 PM
Don't forget to tune to sci fi or set your DVR tonight for the return of Battlestar Gallactica.

If you do record it remember that it goes on for an extra 10 minutes and you need to set your device to record a few minutes extra at the end.

Corey
01-16-2009, 01:47 PM
Don't forget to tune to sci fi or set your DVR tonight for the return of Battlestar Gallactica.

If you do record it remember that it goes on for an extra 10 minutes and you need to set your device to record a few minutes extra at the end.

Fuck yes. I just set up the DVR and am watching the marathon now to catch up.

smileyman
01-16-2009, 01:57 PM
Wake me when the Cylon chic takes off her pants...Maybe her and Starbuck can do a lesbo scene or something...

xx CURVE xx
01-16-2009, 01:59 PM
fucking nerds :lol:

Corey
01-16-2009, 02:00 PM
fucking nerds :lol:

Shouldn't you be balls deep in a Bromance marathon?

Ducati Diva
01-16-2009, 04:41 PM
DVR set! Jeeps and I will watch tommorow when he gets home. We have all four seasons on DVD.

FT BSTRD
01-16-2009, 04:47 PM
HELLS YEAH!

I got my wife hooked. I own all the episodes and watch them frequently.

I believe it will is one of the best shows on television.

pauldun170
01-16-2009, 04:58 PM
suuuuuweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Rsv1000R
01-16-2009, 05:01 PM
I'm dvr'ing all of them today, and just finished transferring 54(?) episodes of Stargate Atlantis I dvr'd last week onto dvd.

derf
01-16-2009, 06:33 PM
Yeh fuckin nerds...

So anyway yes it definately is one of the best shows on tv, from what I've heard there have only been 2 bad episodes, black market and another one, both are the only 2 episodes I havnt seen so for me there hasn't been a bad episode yet.

CAPRICA comes out soonish, the show about the cylon creation.

The only good thing about the show ending after 4 seasons is that it will end in a better way than if it was just cancelled, like what happened to SGA.

FT BSTRD
01-16-2009, 06:51 PM
Yeh fuckin nerds...

So anyway yes it definately is one of the best shows on tv, from what I've heard there have only been 2 bad episodes, black market and another one, both are the only 2 episodes I havnt seen so for me there hasn't been a bad episode yet.

CAPRICA comes out soonish, the show about the cylon creation.

The only good thing about the show ending after 4 seasons is that it will end in a better way than if it was just cancelled, like what happened to SGA.

Black Market and that shitty hostage episode where Billy got toasted.

Corey
01-16-2009, 07:21 PM
Black Market and that shitty hostage episode where Billy got toasted.

Aren't those two the same episode? The boxing episode was totally lame. I think that was third season.

FT BSTRD
01-16-2009, 08:36 PM
Aren't those two the same episode? The boxing episode was totally lame. I think that was third season.

Different episodes. Apollo got shot in the hostage episode.

We needed the boxing back story.

Corey
01-16-2009, 08:42 PM
Different episodes. Apollo got shot in the hostage episode.

We needed the boxing back story.

Crap, I'm out of it. Need to rewatch the whole deal to brush up. For some reason those two episodes blur into one in my head.

derf
01-16-2009, 09:12 PM
I thought the boxing episode was great, a little out of place because they hadn't mentioned boxing yet in the series, and the way people acted about the ring was a little over done for something that they hadn't mentioned. But that episode did close up a few personal troubles and open up a whole slew of others, it was necessary to move the series along.

FT BSTRD
01-16-2009, 09:37 PM
I thought the boxing episode was great, a little out of place because they hadn't mentioned boxing yet in the series, and the way people acted about the ring was a little over done for something that they hadn't mentioned. But that episode did close up a few personal troubles and open up a whole slew of others, it was necessary to move the series along.

They hadn't mentioned it in the series before, but it was familiar to have boxing in military settings:

http://www.history.navy.mil/photos/images/h98000/h98575.jpg

Showing the boxing match in another episode would be weird and they would have to get into it too much for it to mean anything.

Dave
01-16-2009, 10:17 PM
im sooo lost

Dave
01-16-2009, 10:23 PM
oh man i called that like a year ago. it would have been a bigger twist if she WASNT the last cylon

derf
01-16-2009, 10:48 PM
ok who was the last cyclon? I recorded it and wont see it until sunday night, I NEED TO KNOW

Dave
01-16-2009, 10:51 PM
its pretty blatantly obvious from this couch :D cmon i gave it away when i said "she"

ooh did anyone else see the auction info? i want one of those full size vipers for my basement

Adeptus_Minor
01-16-2009, 10:52 PM
Recording it right now, but gotta go to work.

derf
01-16-2009, 10:52 PM
starbuck? I thought that was way too obvious

Dave
01-16-2009, 10:54 PM
well they havent come out and said it yet, but she found her baconified corpse in viper wreckage on earth

derf
01-16-2009, 10:58 PM
well duh, we know she died...

Shes not the last cylon then

Dave
01-16-2009, 11:01 PM
cripes, like i can follow a tv series. howd she come back then. tighe just said it was ellen or helen or some other skanky old ho

derf
01-16-2009, 11:03 PM
my guess, shes the first hybrid not a real cyclon

pauldun170
01-16-2009, 11:20 PM
Holy crap....DEE!!!!

nice twist at the end..

derf
01-16-2009, 11:28 PM
dee?!?!? I didnt see that at all, i thout roslin or maybe a minor character

Dave
01-16-2009, 11:30 PM
lmao no dee did something...else. it was tighe's wife

derf
01-16-2009, 11:32 PM
tighs wife did dee?

FT BSTRD
01-16-2009, 11:32 PM
My head hurts.

So are they ALL cylons?

Dave
01-16-2009, 11:47 PM
tighe's wife = last cylon. dee played russian roulette with a automatic and ate a bullet

derf
01-16-2009, 11:48 PM
k now i'm lost dee sexed with ellen then shot herself with a ator ifle?

derf
01-17-2009, 12:16 AM
ok read a review, i understand all except for tyrol and teh explosion and the wall

fatbuckRTO
01-17-2009, 03:54 AM
ok read a review, i understand all except for tyrol and teh explosion and the wall

He talked about it briefly with Sam and Tori. He was remembering the moment he died, 2000 years ago on earth. The final five were all Cylons living on earth, which was apparently occupied by the original Cylons, which were the 13th tribe.

Amber Lamps
01-17-2009, 04:53 AM
I'll tell you one thing,I had an easier time following the plot than I'm having understanding Derf's posts....

The only thing that I've never gotten is whether the Cylons are machines or some type of clone? Personally,I think they decided Tigh's wife was the last Cylon as a cop out because they got cancelled and don't have the episodes to develop the story along it's original lines. Unless they are going to somehow resurrect her... Of course the big question is...who nuked the 13th colony?

derf
01-17-2009, 07:54 AM
I'll tell you one thing,I had an easier time following the plot than I'm having understanding Derf's posts....

The only thing that I've never gotten is whether the Cylons are machines or some type of clone? Personally,I think they decided Tigh's wife was the last Cylon as a cop out because they got cancelled and don't have the episodes to develop the story along it's original lines. Unless they are going to somehow resurrect her... Of course the big question is...who nuked the 13th colony?

Cancelled? they were offered 2 more seasons, and the guy who holds all the cards refused to do any more

Amber Lamps
01-17-2009, 02:44 PM
Cancelled? they were offered 2 more seasons, and the guy who holds all the cards refused to do any more

That's better! You must be sober today..... Anyway,I'm sorry I misused the term...the show was "cancelled" by the creator,I'm frakking sorry ok? Anyway, the XO's wife as the last Cylon still bugs me and whatever happened to the technology Baltar developed to detect Cylons? I'm just glad he's quitting before he totally "jumped the shark" like Heroes did! WOW!!!

Corey
01-17-2009, 03:26 PM
If Ellen is the final Cylon, then I can live with that. If it's Starbuck, then fuck that. So far so good. I really didn't see what happened to Dee coming. That was outta nowhere. I wonder if they're going to have anymore interaction with all the other Cylons that just kind of got left behind. Are they still hunting down the fleet or is that story just kinda swept under the carpet or will they factor into things down the road? How are they going to explain Starbuck and her supposed death and resurrection? Is she and her resurrected Viper supposed to be this incarnation's "Ship of Lights"?

derf
01-17-2009, 04:33 PM
That's better! You must be sober today..... Anyway,I'm sorry I misused the term...the show was "cancelled" by the creator,I'm frakking sorry ok? Anyway, the XO's wife as the last Cylon still bugs me and whatever happened to the technology Baltar developed to detect Cylons? I'm just glad he's quitting before he totally "jumped the shark" like Heroes did! WOW!!!

Yeh I had a few too many to drink last night, whatch out, tonight looks like another drunken evening

fatbuckRTO
01-17-2009, 08:18 PM
and whatever happened to the technology Baltar developed to detect Cylons?It worked perfectly, but Baltar was too afraid to use it. His machine lost all credibility when Boomer proved to be a Cylon because she was the first to be tested. But Baltar had hidden the fact that he knew she was a Cylon, so nobody trusted his machine and I guess they just dropped the idea of being able to detect the Cylons.

I wonder if they're going to have anymore interaction with all the other Cylons that just kind of got left behind. Are they still hunting down the fleet or is that story just kinda swept under the carpet or will they factor into things down the road?In the brief conversation with Tigh at the end of the episode, Deanna says that Al.. er, Cavill... is still out there and is still trying to kill them all. That was Deanna's last appearance, by the way, according to Ron Moore.

fnfalman
01-18-2009, 10:54 AM
I watched and loved the first two seasons but now the shit is getting all fucked up without making too much sense. I missed last season and I don't think that I care enough to watch this season either.

DIMford
01-18-2009, 11:10 AM
If Ellen is the final Cylon, then I can live with that. If it's Starbuck, then fuck that. So far so good. I really didn't see what happened to Dee coming. That was outta nowhere. I wonder if they're going to have anymore interaction with all the other Cylons that just kind of got left behind. Are they still hunting down the fleet or is that story just kinda swept under the carpet or will they factor into things down the road? How are they going to explain Starbuck and her supposed death and resurrection? Is she and her resurrected Viper supposed to be this incarnation's "Ship of Lights"?
I think Helen being the last Cylon makes sense since Deanna said there was only four within the fleet. What it does do is throw a little confusion into starbuck's mystery.

Though I think Corey's idea about Ship of Lights is what they are going with on Starbuck. It would definitely give it some ties to the old series. The destiny of Kara Thrace is in desperate need of some answers, between her mother and Leon saying she had a destiny and then the hybrid saying she's the harbinger of death need clarification.

The reincarnation of the final five 2000 years after their death is interesting. That would explain how they got there. I honestly don't think that they have found Earth. I think they have only found a colony of Earth.

Deanna spells it out about Cabel. He's not going to give up on destroying them ever.

fatbuckRTO
01-25-2009, 05:03 AM
Some more Young and the Restless shit going on this week.

derf
01-25-2009, 10:49 AM
Still bad ass and its good to see adama finally get ome, even if it is from a bald sick lady

fatbuckRTO
01-25-2009, 11:06 AM
If Gaeta doesn't put a bullet in Starbuck's head by the end of the series, there is no justice in their world. Hell, I'd settle for anyone with a gun, but it should be Gaeta.

DIMford
01-25-2009, 11:53 AM
Honestly I think Gaeta has been a sniveling little puss since he left New caprica

fatbuckRTO
01-26-2009, 05:25 AM
Anyone watched the 4th season webisodes?

derf
01-26-2009, 07:03 AM
Yes, did anyone not?

fatbuckRTO
01-26-2009, 07:44 AM
Yes, did anyone not?
I had not until over this weekend. The last webisodes were kind of throw-aways. They added to the story but nothing major happened in them. These newer ones had some fairly big revelations in them.

Papa_Complex
01-26-2009, 07:59 AM

They had originally created the series to run to completion in 5 seasons. Yes, they were canceled, so they rewrote it to fully run in only 4 seasons.

As far as Starbuck is concerned, it's going to be interesting. I read a pretty good write-up that compared the whole show to Mormon scripture and it plays out pretty damned well.

May Gaeta roast in hell.

Adeptus_Minor
01-26-2009, 08:03 AM
Honestly I think Gaeta has been a sniveling little puss since he left New caprica

I was just saying the other day that he's lost a leg and now he thinks he's House.
He's more than a sniveling puss, he's turning bitter and spiteful.

The biggest issue with the whole story, and I believe this has been the case for the last two seasons, is that there are too many people with little bits of the big picture and none of them are sharing.
If there were some way to sit them all down and put everything on the table... well, never mind. That'd be the end of the show. :lol:

OneSickPsycho
01-27-2009, 01:34 AM
I have no fucking idea what the hell is going on in this thread.

Katana-750_lady
01-27-2009, 08:40 AM
That's ok, I have been watching the show from day one, and I have no fucking idea what is going on in the show. It's all so convoluted and confusing .... it's starting to piss me off....but yet I can't stop watching!!!

Homeslice
01-27-2009, 09:01 AM
I got turned off by the whole "who's a Cylon" shtick in nearly every episode. Seriously, get some other plot angles. Great show otherwise. :idk:

pauldun170
01-27-2009, 01:21 PM
Signs You're Watching Too Much Battlestar Galactica

11. You get nervous every 33 minutes if you stay in the same place.
10. Tricia Helfer and Grace Park want to have a threesome with you, but you refuse because you won't do it with machines.
9. You refer to yourself as a 13th colonial.
8. You've replaced "prepare to make the jump to light speed" with "spin up the FTL drive" in your vocabulary.
7. You shot your toaster.
6. When you heard Starbucks was closing shops, you felt sad for a moment, but then it passed.
5. You can't use rectangular paper anymore.
4. Your kids are named Felix and Galen.
3. When you see identical twins, you freak out and start screaming "Cylons!"
2. You can't name all the continents on Earth, but you know the name of the 12 Colonies of Kobol.
1. You never say 'fuck' any more.

Papa_Complex
01-27-2009, 01:24 PM
Frak you Paul.

fatbuckRTO
02-02-2009, 11:48 AM
Damn.

fatbuckRTO
02-03-2009, 12:50 PM
If you haven't seen any of season four's second half, do not click.

http://www.wimp.com/unfortunatead/

Papa_Complex
02-03-2009, 01:35 PM
if you haven't seen any of season four's second half, do not click.

http://www.wimp.com/unfortunatead/

:lol:

derf
02-03-2009, 05:16 PM
That shit had me laughing. Someone knew about that and was just like frak it, its funny

derf
02-06-2009, 11:02 PM
Bad ass episode tonight, they definatly wrapped up the whole zarek, gaita revolt nicely. Although why did they waste the bullets when they could have just opened the door?

Amber Lamps
02-06-2009, 11:05 PM
Bad ass episode tonight, they definatly wrapped up the whole zarek, gaita revolt nicely. Although why did they waste the bullets when they could have just opened the door?

FRAK! I forgot! TiVo for the MOTHERFUCKING WIN!!!

Dave
02-06-2009, 11:11 PM

regulations man. executions arent done just any old willy nilly way

fatbuckRTO
02-16-2009, 11:36 AM
Huh. I was skeptical after the last scene in "Sometimes a Great Notion," but they've turned it into a decent explanation for a lot of things.