PDA

View Full Version : Arizona VS Pittsburg

VatorMan
01-18-2009, 09:57 PM
A whole state VS. a city in the Superbowl. My $$$$ is on the city.:rockwoot:

JoJoYZF
01-18-2009, 09:58 PM
I wanna see the Cards win it on a count of I hate the steelers.

VatorMan
01-18-2009, 10:08 PM
I wanna see the Cards win it on a count of I hate the steelers.

I HATE the Stealers. DAMN I hope the Cards can pull it out. But my $$$ is on the defense.

Cutty72
01-18-2009, 10:08 PM
I plan on just drinking a lot.
It is on my bday after all.

Granted, I have military related meetings all morning so who knows when we'll get out.

VatorMan
01-18-2009, 10:09 PM
I plan on just drinking a lot.
It is on my bday after all.

Granted, I have military related meetings all morning so who knows when we'll get out.

Just-the best reason for the day.

JoJoYZF
01-18-2009, 10:12 PM
I HATE the Stealers. DAMN I hope the Cards can pull it out. But my $$$ is on the defense.

I hear that. I didnt think the cards would beat the panthers, but here they are. I did call them beating the eagles today, but Im not sure about them beating the steelers. Hopefully Fitzgerald will torch pittsburgh like he has every other team in the playoffs.

OneSickPsycho
01-18-2009, 10:19 PM
If they both play like they played tonight... AZ wins.

Curb
01-18-2009, 10:25 PM
I'm just happy that Philly lost. I always root for the underdog unless my team is favored, but I'm torn here an old college buddy of mine plays right tackle for the Steelers...but I'd love to see the Cards shock the world like the Giants did last year.

I'm just hoping for a good game

JoJoYZF
01-18-2009, 10:31 PM
If they both play like they played tonight... AZ wins.

Thats what Im thinking too, but the steelers always seem to find a way to win.

Porkchop
01-19-2009, 01:59 AM
i wanna see the cards win it on a count of i hate the steelers.

I HATE THE STEELERS AND ALL THEIR FUCKING FANS.....

<<<<<<(bitter Browns fan)

Rider
01-19-2009, 08:12 AM
The Cards will win by 2 TD's

marko138
01-19-2009, 08:57 AM
You guys are fucking high. The Steel Curtain D will shut down the Arizona offense. They aren't that great. Respect that fucking defense.

I'm just really glad Philly got THROTTLED. WHere you at SIXXXER????? :rofl:

JoJoYZF
01-19-2009, 10:54 AM
You guys are fucking high. The Steel Curtain D will shut down the Arizona offense. They aren't that great. Respect that fucking defense.

I'm just really glad Philly got THROTTLED. WHere you at SIXXXER????? :rofl:

Pitt does have a sick defense, but good luck stopping fitzgerald. They may slow him down, but thats about it.

Rider
01-19-2009, 10:58 AM
Pitt does have a sick defense, but good luck stopping fitzgerald. They may slow him down, but thats about it.

Boldin and Hightower are just as explosive.

JoJoYZF
01-19-2009, 10:58 AM
Boldin and Hightower are just as explosive.

Very true. And boldin should be back near 100% after 2 weeks off too.

marko138
01-19-2009, 11:12 AM
Pitts secondary is tough.

Rider
01-19-2009, 11:16 AM
Pitts secondary is tough.

Polamalu is the best safety in the NFL. I'll give you that.

marko138
01-19-2009, 11:24 AM
Polamalu is the best safety in the NFL. I'll give you that.
Dood is a monster...his TD last night was awesome. Eat shit Ed Reed.

marko138
01-19-2009, 11:27 AM
That his with Clark and McGehee has brutal.

Rider
01-19-2009, 11:29 AM
That his with Clark and McGehee has brutal.

What ever happened to McGehee? Id he ok? I saw he was moving his arms and legs. His head snapped back violently.

marko138
01-19-2009, 11:30 AM
What ever happened to McGehee? Id he ok? I saw he was moving his arms and legs. His head snapped back violently.
Haven't heard his status. That whole game was just down right crazy. Guys getting knocked out left and right.

Porkchop
01-20-2009, 12:13 AM

Kept overnight at the hospital. Released in the morning. Doctors say he was neurologically fine. Still complaining of neck pains.... I don't blame him! :zowned:

OneSickPsycho
01-20-2009, 12:16 AM
I saw today people were bitching about that hit... Fuck that. I don't see anything wrong with that hit.

Sixxxxer
01-20-2009, 12:48 AM
Im here...Mine as well Giftwrap another superbowl for Big Ben...Fuck Arizona and larry Fitz...I hope Kurt warner gets his head decapitated

Porkchop
01-20-2009, 12:52 AM
I saw today people were bitching about that hit... Fuck that. I don't see anything wrong with that hit.

Other than the fact that it's against the rules to lead with your helmet into another players helmet....

He had his shoulder turned, but at the last second sprand foreward with his head.... why? The play panned out so that he could have made that tackle in a bunch of different ways. McGahee had just turned around and barely had enough time to even dip his shoulder. I'm not being a pussy about it.. but it was completely uncalled for. Other than the wow factor... we dont need another Kevin Willis breaking his neck...

OneSickPsycho
01-20-2009, 01:00 AM
Other than the fact that it's against the rules to lead with your helmet into another players helmet....

He had his shoulder turned, but at the last second sprand foreward with his head.... why? The play panned out so that he could have made that tackle in a bunch of different ways. McGahee had just turned around and barely had enough time to even dip his shoulder. I'm not being a pussy about it.. but it was completely uncalled for. Other than the wow factor... we dont need another Kevin Willis breaking his neck...

Bullshit. Watch the reply again.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaGJcfjTTFc

Both players dropped their heads at nearly the same time... McGahee took two steps after the reception and lowered his shoulder... Criticize the guy for not hitting low... Ask McGahee how he likes that shit when he get's his knee blown out again.

It's a contact sport. These things happen. I don't think it was intentional at all, it's just one of those things that happen.

Porkchop
01-20-2009, 01:28 AM
Bullshit what. I've watched that video a hundred times today. 1:07... Of course he had time to turn and see the defender, but Mcgahee had no time to defend himself from a h2h collision.

And from multiple angles defender had plently of time to close and wrap, it wasnt a last second thing man. He purposfly lead with his helmet at a 45 degree angle. He could have just as easily continued to lower his shoulder and stick Mcgahee in the ground like taught. That kind of headhunting is just dangerous....

Rider
01-20-2009, 08:43 AM
Bullshit what. I've watched that video a hundred times today. 1:07... Of course he had time to turn and see the defender, but Mcgahee had no time to defend himself from a h2h collision.

And from multiple angles defender had plently of time to close and wrap, it wasnt a last second thing man. He purposfly lead with his helmet at a 45 degree angle. He could have just as easily continued to lower his shoulder and stick Mcgahee in the ground like taught. That kind of headhunting is just dangerous....

A helmet to helmet hit IS legal if you are tackling a down field ball carrier. I think it was a clean legal hit. It's just the nature of the game.

marko138
01-20-2009, 08:52 AM
Shit was clean and legal. Just brutal. Thats how football should be. Enough of this treating them like they are fucking kids. Let them hit.

z06boy
01-20-2009, 12:07 PM
NEITHER team is who I normally pull for but I want Arizona to win but would bet on Pittsburgh.

Oh and the hit was legit imho. Brutal but legit.

tached1000rr
01-20-2009, 08:11 PM
sign me up for the steelers

marko138
01-21-2009, 08:45 AM
I bet my guitar player a 6 pack of brewski's that the Steelers club the Cards like a pack of baby seals. BANG.

Porkchop
01-21-2009, 11:48 AM
I bet my guitar player a 6 pack of brewski's that the Steelers club the Cards like a pack of baby seals. BANG.

Thats just awful....

Sixxxxer
01-21-2009, 11:51 AM
It's the Truth.

Fitz may be the only worry the Steelers have. And Boldin will be healthy again...I dunno.

I still say Steelers are gonna ROMP them.

marko138
01-21-2009, 01:02 PM
Thats just awful....
Awfully true.

Rider
01-21-2009, 01:06 PM
Awfully true.

Motherfucker, please..... The Steelers are lucky to be there in the first place.

marko138
01-21-2009, 01:07 PM
Motherfucker, please..... The Steelers are lucky to be there in the first place.
:lol

2up
01-30-2009, 02:46 PM

OK, I'm a Cardinals fan, but lets face it, historically speaking, they have sucked ass. They're lucky to have gotten their shit together this year to be there too! :lol:

I have decided that I won't be driving anywhere Sunday after the game. Win or lose, the roads are going to be packed with a buncha drunks!!! :panic:

6doublefive321
01-30-2009, 03:20 PM

Gimme a hit off that crack pipe, brother. I like how it has ruined your sense of reality.

Rider
01-30-2009, 03:26 PM
Gimme a hit off that crack pipe, brother. I like how it has ruined your sense of reality.

Kids and wife took care of that.

smileyman
01-30-2009, 03:27 PM
Go Kurt Warner! As an old grocery store stock boy you cannot be any more the underdog, even if he has a previous superbowl ring.

Screw Rothlisucker. Anyone who gets his melon crushed helmetless on a Busa deserves another concussion.

Go Cardinals!

marko138
01-30-2009, 03:51 PM
34-13 Steelers. Write it down.

Rider
01-30-2009, 03:52 PM
31-24 Cardinals.

marko138
01-30-2009, 03:54 PM
31-24 Cardinals.
You're fucking high.

xx CURVE xx
01-30-2009, 03:59 PM
Spies ftw! :rockwoot:

marko138
01-30-2009, 04:35 PM
Spies ftw! :rockwoot:
Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh.

6doublefive321
01-31-2009, 10:45 AM
Kids and wife took care of that.

Well said, sir.

6doublefive321
01-31-2009, 10:49 AM
Its amazing what two weeks and a gazillion hours of coverage can do to the general public. I read today that over 55% of the bets were going on the Cards. Bookies are gonna clean up tomorrow. That's why they are the bookies.

marko138
01-31-2009, 11:06 AM
Such is life.

Porkchop
02-01-2009, 10:22 PM
Fucking lame.....

When they needed them the most..... the defense let the Cards down.

And if it wasnt for exemplary play in the second... Warner forcing that ball on FIRST AND FUCKING GOAL with 16 seconds left in the first. A veteran should not make that mistake.

I hate fucking pittsburgh....

Trip
02-01-2009, 10:28 PM
The game was ok, both of the defenses were pretty weak. I hope to never see these two teams in the super bowl again, it was a game of horrible mistakes more than victories.

Mr Lefty
02-01-2009, 10:46 PM
damn I wash hope'n Arizona would hold them...

2up
02-01-2009, 10:46 PM
Fucking lame.....

And if it wasnt for exemplary play in the second... Warner forcing that ball on FIRST AND FUCKING GOAL with 16 seconds left in the first. A veteran should not make that mistake.

I don't hate pittsburgh because as I see it, the Cardinals beat themselves for the most part. One screw up and missed opportunity after another.

I will say though that Mr 100 Yard Touchdown is a total douche bag for his absolute unsportsman like conduct. I don't even think he should have been interviewed after the game. His 'roid rage temper tantrum totally negated the play he made.

Porkchop
02-01-2009, 10:55 PM
I don't hate pittsburgh because as I see it, the Cardinals beat themselves for the most part. One screw up and missed opportunity after another.

I will say though that Mr 100 Yard Touchdown is a total douche bag for his absolute unsportsman like conduct. I don't even think he should have been interviewed after the game. His 'roid rage temper tantrum totally negated the play he made.

I am a CLEVELAND fan.... this game just adds to it hun!!! lol

He will get fined by the league tomorrow. Not for pushing the guy repeatedly... its football, but for the punch to the back.

Sixxxxer
02-01-2009, 11:39 PM
Well I said it before I'll say it again.

Fuck Kurt warner and his glove wearing pussy ass throwing QB Self...Ken Wishenhunt looked like he was about to commit suicide in his post game interview and Larry Fitz should just get traded to a diff team...Guy is an ANIMAL Reciver and needs to be on a more high caliber team.

Santonio Holmes is an amazing reciver as well that TD pass at the end was awesome.

It wasnt a "Romp" But the Steelers def stuck it to the Cards at the end.

Fuck Em,

The Phillies Still won! ;)

marko138
02-02-2009, 08:51 AM
:lol: You guys are so funny. What a game. I loved it. Fitzgerald is unbelievable. What a reciever. Go Steelers.

Rider
02-02-2009, 09:05 AM
The refs sucked ass.

marko138
02-02-2009, 09:07 AM
The refs sucked ass.
Alot of penalties...shitty calls on both sides. Some of them were questionable...and should not be called in the Super Bowl. Let them play.

Trip
02-02-2009, 09:44 AM
The game was 90% boring. The Harrison run back was cool and then the 4th quarter got pretty good after the safety. Other than that the game was mediocre at best. Last years game was better. Both of these teams did not look like they belonged there with the way they played last night, especially the defenses.

z06boy
02-02-2009, 10:11 AM
damn I wash hope'n Arizona would hold them...

So was I but since neither team is one of the teams I pull for I was just hoping for a good game...and it was. :dthumb:

6doublefive321
02-02-2009, 11:03 AM
Fucking lame.....

That's what Warner does. Puts up video game numbers, but can't pull the trigger when it counts.

On the other side of the field, Roethlisberger showed how to manage a game winning drive. I thought it was great that in the biggest game of the year, the offense finally bailed out the defense.

Rsv1000R
02-02-2009, 01:53 PM
I don't know, I think the ref's blew the game at the end, Warner didn't fumble the ball, it should have been called an incomplete.

marko138
02-02-2009, 02:27 PM
I don't know, I think the ref's blew the game at the end, Warner didn't fumble the ball, it should have been called an incomplete.
I agree. I wanted Pitt to win...but that was a BLOWN call. Terrible game from the Refs.

Mr Lefty
02-02-2009, 03:07 PM

I agree. I wanted Pitt to win...but that was a BLOWN call. Terrible game from the Refs.

yup... that call was bs...

but the cardnals had their chance... all they had to do was keep the steelers from going 70 or so yards in 1:30 or so...

Rsv1000R
02-02-2009, 04:30 PM
yup... that call was bs...

but the cardnals had their chance... all they had to do was keep the steelers from going 70 or so yards in 1:30 or so...

True, But it only took the card's about 30 sec to take the lead, and they had that much time left, and decent field position. It sucks that a bad call determined the outcome of the game.

Mr Lefty
02-02-2009, 04:35 PM
True, But it only took the card's about 30 sec to take the lead, and they had that much time left, and decent field position. It sucks that a bad call determined the outcome of the game.

true... but they did that once... had they been doing that all game long it wouldn't have been a close game...

the D didn't even need to stop them... just force a field goal... even if they made it, it'd have been tied and forced OT... where the Cards would have momentum...

6doublefive321
02-02-2009, 04:44 PM

Call me homer if you must, but that WAS a fumble. In order to be an incomplete pass, the QB must have FULL AND COMPLETE control of the ball during the forward motion. This was a classic example of the "empty hand". Warner had no control over the ball when the arm came forward, thus the ruling of a fumble. Correct call.
Terrible perception, however. According to all sources, the replay official looked at the replay, upheld the call of fumble, thus no review on the field. Even though the play was looked at in the booth, us poor saps didn't know it, so it looked like it was ignored. NFL better do something with the perception of the officials, which is piss poor at this point.

marko138
02-03-2009, 09:01 AM
Call me homer if you must, but that WAS a fumble. In order to be an incomplete pass, the QB must have FULL AND COMPLETE control of the ball during the forward motion. This was a classic example of the "empty hand". Warner had no control over the ball when the arm came forward, thus the ruling of a fumble. Correct call.
Terrible perception, however. According to all sources, the replay official looked at the replay, upheld the call of fumble, thus no review on the field. Even though the play was looked at in the booth, us poor saps didn't know it, so it looked like it was ignored. NFL better do something with the perception of the officials, which is piss poor at this point.
That particular play looked more like a pass then the one they called a pass earlier in the game.

6doublefive321
02-03-2009, 01:21 PM
That particular play looked more like a pass then the one they called a pass earlier in the game.

Eh, I think they got both calls right. First one, ball in hand, arm going forward, pass. Second one, ball touching wrist, arm going forward, fumble. Don't think it really mattered, but it was a hell of a game nonetheless.

marko138
02-03-2009, 01:32 PM
Eh, I think they got both calls right. First one, ball in hand, arm going forward, pass. Second one, ball touching wrist, arm going forward, fumble. Don't think it really mattered, but it was a hell of a game nonetheless.
Agree.

Mr Lefty
02-03-2009, 04:41 PM
I think the hit happened when his arm was going back... but the ball didn't come out until his hand was comming forward.

but the BS was the fact that the booth didn't request a review. the field judge cannot go under the hood unless the booth says it's close... how the fuck was that not close.

like I said... IMO the ruling would have been over turned....

now here's where it get's interesting.... had it been over turned... there would have been a 15yard unsportsman like penilty for ol' dude take'n off his helmet. that would have put the Cards at the 29 yard line... with a couple seconds left!!!

not that I'm saying the Cards were robbed... they had their chance... their defence couldnt stop Pitsburgh from score'n with under 2min...

but it'd have been interesting