01-19-2009, 12:38 AM
i'll use my pickup, or a trailer...

but good on ya :dthumb:

Dave
01-19-2009, 12:41 AM
free is free lol

101lifts2
01-19-2009, 12:52 AM
Don't crash or that mutherfucker is comin forward...I'm just sayin...

Mr Lefty
01-19-2009, 12:53 AM
if I get into track days I may look into one... need something that will get better gas mileage and be a bit more comfortable.

Mr Lefty
01-19-2009, 12:55 AM
Don't crash or that mutherfucker is comin forward...I'm just sayin...

if it's strapped down properly it won't...

the straps I use have something like a 1400 lb tinsel strength

Dave
01-19-2009, 01:18 AM
if it's strapped down properly it won't...

the straps I use have something like a 1400 lb tinsel strength

troof, im gonna bolt a wheel chock into the floor as well

Mr Lefty
01-19-2009, 01:21 AM
you gonna center it or off set it to allow you to fit two bikes?

Dave
01-19-2009, 01:23 AM
you gonna center it or off set it to allow you to fit two bikes?

center, the way the seat cleats are arranged i could only ever manage one bike safely. im also gonna have to remove the rear vent system to gain a few inches and even then i may have to buy a strap for the 954 to get it in there

Mr Lefty
01-19-2009, 01:27 AM
center, the way the seat cleats are arranged i could only ever manage one bike safely. im also gonna have to remove the rear vent system to gain a few inches and even then i may have to buy a strap for the 954 to get it in there

interesting... so the bike is to long? I've given this a lot of thought actually... I'd love to get one of those Mercedes vans they have in europe... the tall ones... but I don't have the $$$

Dave
01-19-2009, 01:32 AM
interesting... so the bike is to long? I've given this a lot of thought actually... I'd love to get one of those Mercedes vans they have in europe... the tall ones... but I don't have the $$$

nono too tall. im not sure the windscreen will clear. length is great. might get a cruiser in there with a little finesse

Mr Lefty
01-19-2009, 01:39 AM
nono too tall. im not sure the windscreen will clear. length is great. might get a cruiser in there with a little finesse

ahh you said the way the seats were situated caused a problem... soo that's why I thought length

nice score though... how'd you come by it?

BobTheBiker
01-19-2009, 02:16 AM
Those tall vans are actually made by freightliner, the sprinter they call em. I want one for a bike hauler.

I learned those astrovans arent a minivan really, they're on par with regular vans. I've fit a honda 550K into my buddy's plymouth voyager once. that was a tight fit but it got in there.

Mr Lefty
01-19-2009, 02:19 AM
Those tall vans are actually made by freightliner, the sprinter they call em. I want one for a bike hauler.

I learned those astrovans arent a minivan really, they're on par with regular vans. I've fit a honda 550K into my buddy's plymouth voyager once. that was a tight fit but it got in there.

ahh yeah sprinters... that's right I have heard them called that.

thunderex
01-19-2009, 04:49 AM
The Sprinter van is sold in the US by Dodge.

http://www.dodge.com/en/2008/sprinter/

Mr Lefty
01-19-2009, 05:01 AM
werd... anyone wanna buy me one?

Particle Man
01-19-2009, 08:31 AM
Finally, a use for minivans other than running our asses off the road.

Dave
01-19-2009, 08:39 AM
ahh you said the way the seats were situated caused a problem... soo that's why I thought length

nice score though... how'd you come by it?

im using the seat cleats as tie downs and the front set are a little offset so thered be nowhere to lash down the outsides of two bikes. and it was my dad's he has almost no further use for it and resale is garbage (compared to the maintenance work done on it anyway) so he offered to just sign it over to me :dthumb:

PhiSig1071
01-19-2009, 10:05 AM
Nice, I want one for a track-day hauler. Go to the track, pull out the bike and toss an air-mattress on the floor and you're good to go.

OneSickPsycho
01-19-2009, 10:10 AM
Astro Van's rock. My folks used to have one... with the 4.3L, the thing would move... for a van. Also, on dry pavement, the rig will spin out rather than flip over during high speed hijinx... even on off camber turns...

OTB owns one of those high roof van things... I remember him posting about it.

Dave
01-19-2009, 05:19 PM
Astro Van's rock. My folks used to have one... with the 4.3L, the thing would move... for a van. Also, on dry pavement, the rig will spin out rather than flip over during high speed hijinx... even on off camber turns...

OTB owns one of those high roof van things... I remember him posting about it.

snowing today, i cant wait to get the bike out the back for doughnuts and burnouts. actually it does nasty peglegs on any surface :pat:

Trip
01-19-2009, 05:27 PM
snowing today, i cant wait to get the bike out the back for doughnuts and burnouts. actually it does nasty peglegs on any surface :pat:

I just took the 50 out in the snow and had a huge wipeout. It was awesome. I have street tread on and the back in came around and I did a complete 180 before it threw me off and I went flying about 5 feet, but since we got a couple inches of snow it didn't hurt and I got right back on and did it again. I was backing it in, in the straights.

Mr Lefty
01-19-2009, 05:32 PM
I just took the 50 out in the snow and had a huge wipeout. It was awesome. I have street tread on and the back in came around and I did a complete 180 before it threw me off and I went flying about 5 feet, but since we got a couple inches of snow it didn't hurt and I got right back on and did it again. I was backing it in, in the straights.

you wear'n knee armor? OSP could advise you on reasons why :lol:

Dave
01-19-2009, 09:41 PM
fyi: astro vans drift beautifully. video if we get another snow like this

Flexin
01-19-2009, 10:48 PM
Minivans can come in handy. Last year I had a Caravan and my brother in law called and said his R6 shut down on him. He wanted to know if I knew anyone with a truck. I couldn't think of anyone that still had one. And he couldn't get a hold of his buddy that had one. So I told him to try again and if he couldn't get him I would see if it would fit in the van. He called back so I hauled out the seats and went to get him. We had to lean it a bit from what I remember to get it in the rear door but it was fine once in there. I didn't have any straps at home (I have them away with my R6) so he sat on the bike all the way home. Worked good.

If you thinking of putting two bikes in there and its just going to be a bike hauler for you, you could always just weld or bolt in some tie downs.

James

Katana-750_lady
01-20-2009, 09:15 AM
Nice !!

Better than this I guess
http://i30.tinypic.com/2pt4itg.jpg

Dave
01-20-2009, 09:19 AM
thats classic, germany?

Katana-750_lady
01-20-2009, 09:20 AM
thats classic, germany?

Google LOL ... image search .. motorcycle car trunk

Dave
01-20-2009, 09:25 AM
Google LOL ... image search .. motorcycle car trunk

ahh i was gonna say that the opel kadet was a huge giveaway but thats def europe somewhere

Katana-750_lady
01-20-2009, 09:27 AM
ahh i was gonna say that the opel kadet was a huge giveaway but thats def europe somewhere

Yeah ... My dad had an opel when I was a kid .. it was pea green and ugly, but reliable as hell