PDA

View Full Version : New Models

Trip
01-22-2009, 02:19 PM
What's the new bikes out for 09, I've forgotten if any of the companies got any first gens on the market.

neebelung
01-22-2009, 02:22 PM
Crap, I can't think of the name of it, but isn't the replacement for the SV650 supposed to be out in '09?

Rider
01-22-2009, 02:33 PM
Yamaha R1 is new for 09
Suzuki GSXR 1000 is new
Kawi updated the ZX6R for 09
Aprilia came out with the Dorsoduro and the other 850 that I cant remember the name.
Ducati 1098 Monster is another new one.

PhiSig1071
01-22-2009, 02:39 PM
Suzuki has the Gladiolous or some other goofy ass name like that.

It's not a replacement for the SV, it's a secondary model that uses the same motor.

AquaPython
01-22-2009, 02:40 PM
i was hoping this thread was about victoria's secret models :'(

smileyman
01-22-2009, 02:41 PM
Buy last years CBR1000 and call it a day.

Rider
01-22-2009, 02:45 PM
Oh yeah and Kawi has come out with a naked version of the Ninja 650 that they have been selling ove in Europe for a few years called the Er-6n.

Trip
01-22-2009, 02:49 PM
Oh yeah, honda came out with this, I wish they would release a 450 version that was a little more race inspired.

http://powersports.honda.com/2009/crf230m.aspx

Rider
01-22-2009, 02:51 PM
Oh yeah, honda came out with this, I wish they would release a 450 version that was a little more race inspired.

http://powersports.honda.com/2009/crf230m.aspx

That's just a toy. You want a real SM? Get a KTM or Aprilia.

TommyHotWheel
01-22-2009, 02:51 PM
Suzuki Gladius....http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3193/2889780318_558feba593.jpg?v=0

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/2009/suzuki/gladius/05/index.html
http://media.suzuki.com/mc/index.php?modelid=46&model_year=09

dReWpY
01-22-2009, 02:52 PM
:x:

Mr Lefty
01-22-2009, 04:09 PM
the Ducati Streetfighter 1098
the Ducati 1198 don't know if you consider that a new model or just a progression from the 1098

neebelung
01-22-2009, 04:53 PM
Suzuki Gladius....http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3193/2889780318_558feba593.jpg?v=0

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/2009/suzuki/gladius/05/index.html
http://media.suzuki.com/mc/index.php?modelid=46&model_year=09

Thank you! That's the one I couldn't remember the name of.

Cutty72
01-22-2009, 08:31 PM

It's not a replacement for the SV, it's a secondary model that uses the same motor.

Yes. It replaces the SV650. The full naked one.
The SV650SF (formerly SV650S) is still around, just fully faired.

marko138
01-22-2009, 09:40 PM
The 1125CR. Bad ass.

http://www.motorcycle.com/images/content/Review/08_july_buell1125_intro_01.jpg

neebelung
01-22-2009, 09:42 PM
The 1125CR. Bad ass.

http://www.motorcycle.com/images/content/Review/08_july_buell1125_intro_01.jpg

WHOAH. Ok, I'm not a Buell nut, but that thing is pretty slick lookin!

OneSickPsycho
01-22-2009, 09:45 PM
the 1125cr. Bad ass.

http://www.motorcycle.com/images/content/review/08_july_buell1125_intro_01.jpg

KILLER! It looks better in person too.

PhiSig1071
01-22-2009, 09:54 PM
Oh and Honda is coming out with the CRF230M! Yippie! Another piece of shit not-quite-super moto to go with the crappy WR250X and the crappy KLX250F.

Holy hell as if the DRZ400SM wasn't underpowered enough. Doesn't Japan take a hint? People buy DRZ's by the boatload and then sell them because they're heavy (290lbs dry) and underpowered (39hp). Probably the single most converted Duallie in the Supermotard world is the XR650L, why in the hell could they have made a factory XR650SM!

:lol: OK, I'm done ranting.

marko138
01-22-2009, 09:57 PM
WHOAH. Ok, I'm not a Buell nut, but that thing is pretty slick lookin!
Never thought I'd hear you say that.

neebelung
01-22-2009, 10:11 PM
Never thought I'd hear you say that.

:lol: I don't HATE Buells, I just don't wanna own one after the test ride I had on one.

marko138
01-22-2009, 10:19 PM
:lol: I don't HATE Buells, I just don't wanna own one after the test ride I had on one.
I was the exact opposite (obviously)...I couldn't NOT own one after I test rode.

neebelung
01-22-2009, 10:24 PM
I was the exact opposite (obviously)...I couldn't NOT own one after I test rode.

And I'll concede, it's completely possible that the bikes we rode we just ragged to hell (the friend who was with me hated it equally). :shrug:

marko138
01-22-2009, 10:25 PM
And I'll concede, it's completely possible that the bikes we rode we just ragged to hell (the friend who was with me hated it equally). :shrug:
Thats possible. It's also possible that they weren't remotely close to being set up for you....Buell's are odd handling machines if they are set up properly. That can cause an unpleasant experience.

Mr Lefty
01-22-2009, 10:33 PM
could also be that... you're just not made for a Buell...

I can't relate in bikes as I've got limited seat time on bikes other than my own (even then 8000 miles is still not very much)

but when I graduated I wanted a Ford Bronco... full size... lifted ect... things looked awesome... but when I got in and drove one... (after I bought it actually :lol: long story) I FUCKING HATED IT... damn thing was 10 miles wide... and I've ridden jet ski's that had more responsive stearing!

I ended up selling it to a friend for what I paid for it... he loves it... thing was great for him... just not what I liked... still think they look bad ass though... :idk:

PhiSig1071
01-22-2009, 10:33 PM

:scratch:

Did you ride Glenn's? If so that bike was pretty much FUBAR, and you should not use that as an indicator of what a buell is like.

That having been said, my KTM has almost the exact same "raw" feeling that I found appealing in the Buell, but is about 1000% more hooliganism inspiring and a real blast to ride.

JoJoYZF
01-22-2009, 10:36 PM
Yamaha also has the new yzf600 replacement, cant remember what theyre calling it though.

And even though Im not crazy about the looks, I cant wait to see how the new lighter more powerful zx6 compares in the middleweight class.

Mr Lefty
01-22-2009, 10:38 PM

Did you ride Glenn's? If so that bike was pretty much FUBAR, and you should not use that as an indicator of what a buell is like.

That having been said, my KTM has almost the exact same "raw" feeling that I found appealing in the Buell, but is about 1000% more hooliganism inspiring and a real blast to ride.

I'm gonna really have to try riding a Super moto... as I just can't get into them... they look alright... but don't look fun... :idk: guess I'll just have to try it first...

PhiSig1071
01-22-2009, 10:41 PM
I'm gonna really have to try riding a Super moto... as I just can't get into them... they look alright... but don't look fun... :idk: guess I'll just have to try it first...

Anytime you make it to Jax (oh and the KTM is running right!) you're welcome to take mine for a spin!

:lol

Just be easy on the clutch, they're a LOT more wheelie prone than the ol ZZR! :zowned:

neebelung
01-22-2009, 10:43 PM
Thats possible. It's also possible that they weren't remotely close to being set up for you....Buell's are odd handling machines if they are set up properly. That can cause an unpleasant experience.

All possible. But there were two of us, on two different bikes (his was the regular XB9R, and mine was the city cross version), different heights, different builds, same result -- we just felt like we were being shaken like a martini. :lol:

could also be that... you're just not made for a Buell...

Also very possible. :lol:

No, Nick & I rode them at bike week last year, so they're demo models - quite possibly ridden hard & put up wet - repeatedly.

It wasn't the "raw" I didn't like, it was just the shaking, the vibration, and oh yeah, the shaking.

PhiSig1071
01-22-2009, 10:47 PM
It wasn't the "raw" I didn't like, it was just the shaking, the vibration, and oh yeah, the shaking.

Yeah, the KTM does that too, except it's a higher pitch, it feels like your feet aren't even on the pegs sometimes!

OneSickPsycho
01-22-2009, 11:10 PM
All possible. But there were two of us, on two different bikes (his was the regular XB9R, and mine was the city cross version), different heights, different builds, same result -- we just felt like we were being shaken like a martini. :lol:

No, Nick & I rode them at bike week last year, so they're demo models - quite possibly ridden hard & put up wet - repeatedly.

The rattle your fillings out feeling is about 1/2 the reason I like Buells... The bike just feels like it wants to do something... Sounds like that something maybe sex with your GF while pulling anal beads out your mom's ass... Buell's fucking rule.

Mr Lefty
01-22-2009, 11:11 PM
Anytime you make it to Jax (oh and the KTM is running right!) you're welcome to take mine for a spin!

Just be easy on the clutch, they're a LOT more wheelie prone than the ol ZZR! :zowned:

:lol: yeah I'd hope so... took me throw'n 60lbs of shit on the back to get the wheel in the air! :wink:

to be honest... I wanna get a dirt bike... as I have 0 off road experience... and it'll get me comfortable with wheelies...

PhiSig1071
01-22-2009, 11:16 PM
:lol: yeah I'd hope so... took me throw'n 60lbs of shit on the back to get the wheel in the air! :wink:

to be honest... I wanna get a dirt bike... as I have 0 off road experience... and it'll get me comfortable with wheelies...

Um, yeah, maybe the KTM will never be running when you're in town! :panic:

jk, if we ever meet and I'm on the KTM you're welcome to take it for a spin. I almost looped the bitch a couple times.

Mr Lefty
01-22-2009, 11:25 PM
Um, yeah, maybe the KTM will never be running when you're in town! :panic:

jk, if we ever meet and I'm on the KTM you're welcome to take it for a spin. I almost looped the bitch a couple times.

trust me... I won't be riding anyones bike like that... I pulled a couple wheelies on my ZZR... never really got the taste for them...

the only reason I want to learn is to be more adept at handling the motorcycle... so I know what to do... I mean... I know what to do on paper... tap the rear brake... or release the throttle or slip the clutch... but as it happened in my accident... I didn't have that instinctive reaction.

I just thought... uh... shit. :lol:

nhgunnut
01-23-2009, 07:10 AM

And it looks like the picked up a lot of styling right off of a entry level Monster

marko138
01-23-2009, 07:37 AM

Buells will seriously walk across smooth pavement at idle...but once under way they are relatively smooth at speed. That is due to the uniplaner mounting system that Erik Buell invented and is now used not only on Buell but Harley-Davidson as well.

But...they aren't for everyone. I just wish more people would do what you did...ride them and then form an opinion...instead of just ripping them with no first hand knowledge.

The rattle your fillings out feeling is about 1/2 the reason I like Buells... The bike just feels like it wants to do something... Sounds like that something maybe sex with your GF while pulling anal beads out your mom's ass... Buell's fucking rule.

You know you want another one.

neebelung
01-23-2009, 07:39 AM
Yeah, the KTM does that too, except it's a higher pitch, it feels like your feet aren't even on the pegs sometimes!

:lol: Yeah then maybe I'm just not made for Buells (or KTMs for that matter!)

:rofl: Awesome analogy, and yet... hmmmm... nope, not for me. I'll stick to the smooth power of the Yamaha.

And it looks like the picked up a lot of styling right off of a entry level Monster

It looks like a baby B-king to me -- like a B-King for mere mortals. :lol:

neebelung
01-23-2009, 07:44 AM
Buells will seriously walk across smooth pavement at idle...but once under way they are relatively smooth at speed. That is due to the uniplaner mounting system that Erik Buell invented and is now used not only on Buell but Harley-Davidson as well.

But...they aren't for everyone. I just wish more people would do what you did...ride them and then form an opinion...instead of just ripping them with no first hand knowledge.

:lol: Yeah, it absolutely walked at idle.

See the thing is I LIKE the look of naked bikes and streetfighters; a friend of ours has a white citycross that he's made some mods to (made it even more streetfighter), and it's just a sick looking bike. I LOVE the way it looks, so I wish I loved the way they rode. :shrug:

I guess if I ever go naked, it'll probably be a Triumph.

marko138
01-23-2009, 07:47 AM
:lol: Yeah, it absolutely walked at idle.

See the thing is I LIKE the look of naked bikes and streetfighters; a friend of ours has a white citycross that he's made some mods to (made it even more streetfighter), and it's just a sick looking bike. I LOVE the way it looks, so I wish I loved the way they rode. :shrug:

I guess if I ever go naked, it'll probably be a Triumph.
I'm a fan of the Speed Triple. They look awesome. It was on my list of 'next' bikes...but is quickly falling off. I just love the characteristics of a vtwin...so more than likely I'll pass on the ST and go with another Buell or possibly a Ducati. Most likely a Buell.

neebelung
01-23-2009, 07:49 AM
I'm a fan of the Speed Triple. They look awesome. It was on my list of 'next' bikes...but is quickly falling off. I just love the characteristics of a vtwin...so more than likely I'll pass on the ST and go with another Buell or possibly a Ducati. Most likely a Buell.

I've had a long time love affair with the Speed Triple, and then the Street Triple came along and turned it up a notch. :drool: I'd gleefully own either of them (probably the Street over the Speed, if only for the more compact size).

I do love Monsters, but I think Azoomm is the only Duc owner I know who hasn't had a slew of reliability issues. :lol:

Trip
01-23-2009, 07:53 AM
...they aren't for everyone. I just wish more people would do what you did...ride them and then form an opinion...instead of just ripping them with no first hand knowledge.

I've ridden one across the gap, does that give me permission to rip them? :lol: I will do it anyway. Just didn't like it in comparison to the RR, just didn't feel or turn right to me. Plus it doesn't have that explosion of power, it's just got that initial bump and planes off. Just like my old SV pretty much.

marko138
01-23-2009, 07:57 AM
I've had a long time love affair with the Speed Triple, and then the Street Triple came along and turned it up a notch. :drool: I'd gleefully own either of them (probably the Street over the Speed, if only for the more compact size).

I do love Monsters, but I think Azoomm is the only Duc owner I know who hasn't had a slew of reliability issues. :lol:
I've always liked the Monster...but I'm not wild about the looks of the new ones...but the performance seems to be up a notch or two.

I love the Hyper and the 999....of course...the 1098 is growing on me.

marko138
01-23-2009, 07:59 AM
I've ridden one across the gap, does that give me permission to rip them? :lol: I will do it anyway. Just didn't like it in comparison to the RR, just didn't feel or turn right to me. Plus it doesn't have that explosion of power, it's just got that initial bump and planes off. Just like my old SV pretty much.
That power delivery is what I like. :lol:

Rider
01-23-2009, 08:29 AM

My buddy Ray from work has a 2006 800 Monster and he has never had any issues with it. Runs like a champ. A little under powered but it's a great little bike.

was92v
01-23-2009, 08:59 AM
Let me say up front that I have almost no seat time on a Harley powered anything.
I rode a Buell XB12R on a demo ride. We went about 20 miles on a very nice, very curvy road (Hwy 232 in TN for those that know) but were held back to about 65mph. I decided that with some set up time I could enjoy riding one, but stock they feel a bit odd, not bad, just odd. I also know that with a race kit they haul pretty good, having ridden with Fatbastard a few times. But my mind kept comparing it to a Ducati 900SS, since I know them very well and the Duc kept getting the nod for power, sound and handling.
As for the vibes at idle, I found it highly entertaining. The rubber mounted front turn signals were beating up and down so far that they looked like the wings of a bird flapping. I was LMAO at them and wondering when it would lift off. It was very smooth (for a Harley) once we were under way. Light years beyond the last Harley anything I rode, which was a 73 Sportster in 1977.
I also rode a Pan Head chopper once with a suicide clutch, hand shifter and springer forks that were about a mile long . It was better than the sportster too.

neebelung
01-23-2009, 09:02 AM
The rubber mounted front turn signals were beating up and down so far that they looked like the wings of a bird flapping. I was LMAO at them and wondering when it would lift off.

:rofl: You noticed that too, eh?

ceo012384
01-23-2009, 10:38 AM
Get the new R1. Tits.

Trip
01-23-2009, 10:42 AM
Get the new R1. Tits.

It's fugly to me. I totally wanted to kick it over at Indy, however God did it for me.

ceo012384
01-23-2009, 10:46 AM
From what I've heard/seen... if you ride it, you won't give a flying fuck what it looks like.

But I can see why some people don't like the looks.

azoomm
01-23-2009, 10:49 AM

:lol:

I know more than myself, but then - maybe it has something to do with riding the hell out of them?? I think anything with a motor will give you hell at some time in its life - it's just some get more attention than others.

Trip
01-23-2009, 10:50 AM
From what I've heard/seen... if you ride it, you won't give a flying fuck what it looks like.

Yeah possibly, but I won't buy a liter bike as long as I live here. Just not needed.

azoomm
01-23-2009, 10:50 AM
Get the new R1. Tits.

It's the first Yamaha that I've liked. I mean, wicked WICKED power - almost scary. The R6 has the same feel without being scary - and more light/flickable. I say go with that... if you're looking for an I4

PhiSig1071
01-23-2009, 11:13 PM
:lol: Yeah then maybe I'm just not made for Buells (or KTMs for that matter!)

It looks like a baby B-king to me -- like a B-King for mere mortals. :lol:

Before you lump the KTM in with the Buells you'll have to take it for a spin! (If I ever get the fucking thing running again)

The new Zuk that looks like the B-King is not the Gladius, it's the euro-only GSR-600. The Gladius looks like a bastard stepchild of a cagiva raptor and some gay guys walk-in closet.

I also rode a Pan Head chopper once with a suicide clutch, hand shifter and springer forks that were about a mile long . It was better than the sportster too.

I have a sick, twisted love affair with suicide clutch bikes. I've ridden one jockey shift, a '53 45ci Harley, and one suicide shift bike, a rat rod rebel 450. I am thinking of doing a garage chop on an old XS650 and making it suicide shift. It scares people.

Cutty72
01-23-2009, 11:36 PM

I recall saying something similar to this in respect to the 1125's... :lol:

nhgunnut
01-25-2009, 08:25 AM
I've always liked the Monster...but I'm not wild about the looks of the new ones...but the performance seems to be up a notch or two.

I love the Hyper and the 999....of course...the 1098 is growing on me.
Just to jump in hear I love my 05 999 and it is every bit as realible as my Japanese bikes. I think like Harley stories of relaiblility issues circulate and getting bigger as they get burned into the group mind. I will happily add another Duc (1198S) as soon as the budget allows

MikeSP1
01-25-2009, 08:56 AM
Alright, I guess I'm gonna finally chime in on this. I've ridden sportbikes and cruizers, I've ridden Honda's, Suzuki's, Yamaha's, Kawasaki's, the standard Harley, and the Buell. One night a couple of the guys I work with and I went out for a ride. The bikes were: Suzuki GSXR 600, Kawasaki ZX7, Yamaha R6, my RC51, and a Buell XB12S.

I like the way the Buell looks, the only streetfighter that looks better is the Trimuph. But the guy on the Buell traded bikes with me and we all went for a ride to Denny's at like 2am. Let me just say this, I love twins, but after that ride, I will never own a Buell. I could feel that the thing wanted to wheelie right off the bat in most any gear, and with very little throttle. The thing that cemented this decision into my head was simple. We were sitting at a a red light waiting to turn left. The light turned green so we go, but I didn't dare change gears leaned over like I can on my Honda for fear of the rear kicking out on me. So I rode through the intersection in 1st at something like 5k (damn thing redlines at ~6k). Personally it's got too much power too low and not enough power higher on the tach. My RC cruises at 80 in 5th and while it definitely likes doing better than 30mph, I felt that it was better suited for the city than the Buell, and even better for the track.

Ride what you love, and if what you love is a Buell, then good on ya.

But for the opening question, off the top of my head: the Suzuki Gladius,Honda DN01, Ducati Monster 1100, Ducati 1198, Honda 230SM, and Yamaha FZ6R.

marko138
01-25-2009, 03:47 PM
Alright, I guess I'm gonna finally chime in on this. I've ridden sportbikes and cruizers, I've ridden Honda's, Suzuki's, Yamaha's, Kawasaki's, the standard Harley, and the Buell. One night a couple of the guys I work with and I went out for a ride. The bikes were: Suzuki GSXR 600, Kawasaki ZX7, Yamaha R6, my RC51, and a Buell XB12S.

I like the way the Buell looks, the only streetfighter that looks better is the Trimuph. But the guy on the Buell traded bikes with me and we all went for a ride to Denny's at like 2am. Let me just say this, I love twins, but after that ride, I will never own a Buell. I could feel that the thing wanted to wheelie right off the bat in most any gear, and with very little throttle. The thing that cemented this decision into my head was simple. We were sitting at a a red light waiting to turn left. The light turned green so we go, but I didn't dare change gears leaned over like I can on my Honda for fear of the rear kicking out on me. So I rode through the intersection in 1st at something like 5k (damn thing redlines at ~6k). Personally it's got too much power too low and not enough power higher on the tach. My RC cruises at 80 in 5th and while it definitely likes doing better than 30mph, I felt that it was better suited for the city than the Buell, and even better for the track.

But for the opening question, off the top of my head: the Suzuki Gladius,Honda DN01, Ducati Monster 1100, Ducati 1198, Honda 230SM, and Yamaha FZ6R.
I love the feeling of the front wheel getting light. :lol:

Cutty72
01-25-2009, 07:15 PM

There's your problem. Why were you using first??? 2nd and 3rd are all you need on the XB's (unless going for top speed or slow racing)

Ridden an 1125 yet? They pull almost as hard on the bottom, and all the way up to 10500.

MikeSP1
01-26-2009, 01:10 PM
I know, 2nd and 3rd is all I need with the Honda on the track, but 1st lasts one hell of a lot longer with the RC than with his XB. I must just be used to having to slip the clutch up to 20 mph as opposed to shifting into 2nd at 20mph. Believe me, that pig of mine pulls like a damn freight train, and while she is more than capable of pulling the front off the ground, she's not likely to. The exact opposite of the Buell. The XB was more likely to wheelie than pull.

And I was in first because I had just taken off from a light in the left turn lane.

marko138
01-26-2009, 01:12 PM
I know, 2nd and 3rd is all I need with the Honda on the track, but 1st lasts one hell of a lot longer with the RC than with his XB. I must just be used to having to slip the clutch up to 20 mph as opposed to shifting into 2nd at 20mph. Believe me, that pig of mine pulls like a damn freight train, and while she is more than capable of pulling the front off the ground, she's not likely to. The exact opposite of the Buell. The XB was more likely to wheelie than pull.

And I was in first because I had just taken off from a light in the left turn lane.
By chance did he have the 9 primary gears in the 12? I mean...my 12 will wheelie...but its not like the front tire is rarely in contact with the pavement. You've got to coax it up...it's not like it's first instinct is to wheelie.

Now...if he had the 9 primary gears in there then I could see it.

MikeSP1
01-26-2009, 01:27 PM
I'm sure that his was stock. I can control a wheelie, but know that I am a small person. It's not like I had 200 lbs on that bike holding the front end down. To tell the truth, it felt like a really big supermoto/pogo-stick cross breed. The wheel base was really short, the motor was torquey and the seating position was really high, and when I pulled in the clutch, his motor didn't come down to idle for 1-2 seconds. Compare this to my RC with a longer wheel base, a motor with more more HP but less torque, and race type ergo's, I pull in my clutch and she immediately goes straight to idle. The two bikes are like night and day. The Buell is simply not for me.

By chance did he have the 9 primary gears in the 12? I mean...my 12 will wheelie...but its not like the front tire is rarely in contact with the pavement. You've got to coax it up...it's not like it's first instinct is to wheelie.

Now...if he had the 9 primary gears in there then I could see it.

marko138
01-26-2009, 01:34 PM
I'm sure that his was stock. I can control a wheelie, but know that I am a small person. It's not like I had 200 lbs on that bike holding the front end down. To tell the truth, it felt like a really big supermoto/pogo-stick cross breed. The wheel base was really short, the motor was torquey and the seating position was really high, and when I pulled in the clutch, his motor didn't come down to idle for 1-2 seconds. Compare this to my RC with a longer wheel base, a motor with more more HP but less torque, and race type ergo's, I pull in my clutch and she immediately goes straight to idle. The two bikes are like night and day. The Buell is simply not for me.
I hear ya. Sounds like that particular XB seems out of whack. Mine doesn't exhibit any of those qualities.

MikeSP1
01-26-2009, 01:40 PM
I hear ya. Sounds like that particular XB seems out of whack. Mine doesn't exhibit any of those qualities.

His could've been something eccentric, he loved it to death. I refused to ever ride it again. I might be coerced to give the 1125 a shot but that's mainly only because it doesn't use a modded sportster motor. I'm not hating on Buells, but you won't catch me on another XB.

marko138
01-26-2009, 01:51 PM
His could've been something eccentric, he loved it to death. I refused to ever ride it again. I might be coerced to give the 1125 a shot but that's mainly only because it doesn't use a modded sportster motor. I'm not hating on Buells, but you won't catch me on another XB.
Fair enough, brutha.

OneSickPsycho
01-26-2009, 06:54 PM

Yeah, that clutch shit sounds whack as hell.

marko138
01-27-2009, 09:14 AM
Yeah, that clutch shit sounds whack as hell.
Exactly...other than being a stiff MotherF'er my clutch is golden.

ceo012384
01-27-2009, 04:42 PM
Exactly...other than being a stiff MotherF'er my clutch is golden.

I haven't ridden my new clutch yet but I've got a full barnett kit, friction plates and metal plates and stiffer springs.

Should make learning race starts fun :panic:

marko138
01-28-2009, 09:03 AM
I haven't ridden my new clutch yet but I've got a full barnett kit, friction plates and metal plates and stiffer springs.

Sweet. Is your shit hydraulic or cable?

ceo012384
01-28-2009, 01:08 PM
Sweet. Is your shit hydraulic or cable?
Cable, brother.

It's all installed and when on the rear stand and I let the clutch out in first she'll certainly go... but that's all the info I have at this point :lol:

Rider
01-28-2009, 01:15 PM

I had a Barnett kit in my dirt bike. Great stuff.

ceo012384
01-28-2009, 01:26 PM
I had a Barnett kit in my dirt bike. Great stuff.

My shit was toast anyways and the price was basically the same as OEM parts so I figured why not get the tougher shit.

marko138
01-28-2009, 02:45 PM
My shit was toast anyways and the price was basically the same as OEM parts so I figured why not get the tougher shit.
Probably a solid move.

ceo012384
01-30-2009, 02:35 PM
Probably a solid move.
I will let you know if it's a solid move depending on whether or not I loop the fuck out of my bike trying to launch off the grid at my first race weekend :lol:

Haha no but really I'm going to practice my starts before the season gets here.