01-29-2009, 07:52 PM
...no more contacts for me!!!! :rockwoot:

I'm going under the laser in the morning.:dthumb:

SoFlaSV
01-29-2009, 08:30 PM
Congrats!!!

Corey
01-29-2009, 08:32 PM
Congrats. It's one of the best things I've ever done. I've been without glasses and contacts now for 8 years

OneSickPsycho
01-29-2009, 09:27 PM
Congrats. It's one of the best things I've ever done. I've been without glasses and contacts now for 8 years

2 years for me... Not perfect, but never need contacts again (until I get old)... Agree 100%... one of the best things I've ever spent money on. Go in, get your eyeball squeegied, cut the flap, zap zap, then in the dark room with your eyes shut for a half hour... test and out the door... Go home, crash out, wake up... and AMAZING... You can see like a champion. Don't be frightened by your shit vision directly following the procedure... go home and sleep for a few hours and you'll wake up AMAZED.

Cutty72
01-29-2009, 11:52 PM
My biggest fear is the loss of my night vision.
I've heard from quite a few that have had lasic that their night vision sucks after.

OneSickPsycho
01-30-2009, 12:40 AM
My biggest fear is the loss of my night vision.
I've heard from quite a few that have had lasic that their night vision sucks after.

I have a lazy eye and my night vision sucked to begin with... I cannot read street signs and the like as well at night, but it's not terrible. Halo and starburst effects have to do with the size of your pupils when they are fully dialated and relative size of your cornea. They should be able to tell you if you are going to be suseptible to those things when they give you your exam. They told me I would be fine and I was... However, the girl who went before I did had been warned that she might have those problems at night, but she decided to go for it anyway.

Corey
01-30-2009, 01:43 AM
My night vision took a hit. It's actually bad at dusk and dawn and then things aren't as bad. It was worth the trade off for me though. Before having the surgery, I couldn't see a god damn thing without my glasses or contacts. It was a major blurry world and I would be fucked without corrective lenses. Now I'm at 20/20 or better.

buzzcutt2
01-30-2009, 08:06 AM
I'm definitely looking forward to it...2 more hours, the wait is killing me.

Ninjakel
01-30-2009, 08:07 AM
Good luck!!

AquaEv77
01-30-2009, 08:40 AM
good luck buzz :rockwoot: :rockout:

get under the lazer, smell burning.....

ahh nevermind :D

AquaEv77
01-30-2009, 08:42 AM
I have a lazy eye and my night vision sucked to begin with... I cannot read street signs and the like as well at night, but it's not terrible. Halo and starburst effects have to do with the size of your pupils when they are fully dialated and relative size of your cornea. They should be able to tell you if you are going to be suseptible to those things when they give you your exam. They told me I would be fine and I was... However, the girl who went before I did had been warned that she might have those problems at night, but she decided to go for it anyway.

My night vision took a hit. It's actually bad at dusk and dawn and then things aren't as bad. It was worth the trade off for me though. Before having the surgery, I couldn't see a god damn thing without my glasses or contacts. It was a major blurry world and I would be fucked without corrective lenses. Now I'm at 20/20 or better.

what was your favorite part from the whole experience?

Corey
01-30-2009, 02:05 PM

How immediately everything was better, and how incredibly quick and easy the whole thing was. I hate hate hate any kind of medical procedure so I was a little stressed out about the whole thing. The procedure was super quick though. I don't think the whole thing took more than ten minutes. When I sat up I could immediately see far better than I ever had before. My vision was still a little blurry, but that's expected from just having eye surgery, but I was able to see the clock on the back wall and make out the time the minute the surgery was done. There was no way in hell that would ever happen without glasses before. The clock would have been a blurry white blob on the wall with no features. I went home and took a nap, and when I woke up, things were even clearer. By the next day I was seeing almost as well as I would have been seeing with contacts. That kind of instant result is something that you just don't forget.

Lino
01-30-2009, 02:12 PM
good luck... :dthumb:

my wife did it several years ago, and then had to re-do it again.. night vision - she tells me everthing looks like it has a halo of light around it when she drives at night.

One guy at work had to go back to HARD lenses after the procedure...

I have other buddies that have done it with no problems at all.

R6Chick
01-30-2009, 02:14 PM
I had my done almost a year ago, congrats!!

I love it and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I do have a hard time seeing at night, especially after using a computer or when I'm tired... but I never have to wear glasses or contacts. Yay!!

AquaEv77
01-30-2009, 03:20 PM
How immediately everything was better, and how incredibly quick and easy the whole thing was. I hate hate hate any kind of medical procedure so I was a little stressed out about the whole thing. The procedure was super quick though. I don't think the whole thing took more than ten minutes. When I sat up I could immediately see far better than I ever had before. My vision was still a little blurry, but that's expected from just having eye surgery, but I was able to see the clock on the back wall and make out the time the minute the surgery was done. There was no way in hell that would ever happen without glasses before. The clock would have been a blurry white blob on the wall with no features. I went home and took a nap, and when I woke up, things were even clearer. By the next day I was seeing almost as well as I would have been seeing with contacts. That kind of instant result is something that you just don't forget.

nice, same for me,,i went to sleep also
had a patch on my left eye because it was the worst

but my fav part were the drugs b4 during and after
and the smell of burning flesh while under the lazer <--kidding, but i did smell it i was prepared

buzzcutt2
01-30-2009, 04:15 PM
All went well...just relaxing now. It is amazing how I can see immediately after the procedure, yes it is fuzzy but what a difference.

SoFlaSV
01-30-2009, 04:37 PM
Congrats!!!

I'm glad everything went well.

Nails
01-30-2009, 05:04 PM
All went well...just relaxing now. It is amazing how I can see immediately after the procedure, yes it is fuzzy but what a difference.Yay buzz is back and all better:wink:

AquaEv77
01-30-2009, 05:15 PM
woot woot :rockout:

buzzcutt2
01-30-2009, 05:43 PM
Since I'm not allowed to drive today, who is bringing me dinner? :whistle:

speedylocksmith
01-30-2009, 05:49 PM
All went well...just relaxing now. It is amazing how I can see immediately after the procedure, yes it is fuzzy but what a difference.
That's the best part. To be able to read a magazine right after the surgery :dthumb:

buzzcutt2
01-30-2009, 06:03 PM
That's the best part. To be able to read a magazine right after the surgery :dthumb:
What's up stranger? I think the rhino girls are worried about you.

speedylocksmith
01-30-2009, 06:04 PM
What's up stranger? I think the rhino girls are worried about you.I'm worried about me!!

buzzcutt2
01-30-2009, 06:19 PM
I'm worried about me!!

We will have to find a beer to remedy that.

Mr Lefty
01-30-2009, 06:27 PM
nice! glad things went well... one of the first things I'm gonna do when I get to mississippi and get signed in is get into the Optometry Dep and get on the list for the surgery. I am tired of my fuck'n contacts and glasses... maybe by the rally I'll have had the surgery...

OneSickPsycho
01-30-2009, 10:59 PM
good luck buzz :rockwoot: :rockout:

get under the lazer, smell burning.....

ahh nevermind :D

You're not supposed to smell anything... I did as well... I forget why they said that happens sometimes...

The part where they squeegie your eyeball. When I watched people getting it done I was like :wtf:... then I got it done and with the numbing stuff, you can't feel shit. It's like sticking your face right up against your windsheild with the wipers running...

jgalt
01-31-2009, 09:50 AM
...It's like sticking your face right up against your windsheild with the wipers running...

That's wierd! I checked my todo list, and that doesn't seem to be on it! :idk:

buzzcutt2
01-31-2009, 01:16 PM
That's wierd! I checked my todo list, and that doesn't seem to be on it! :idk:

It is on the list your wife has yet to give you. :whistle:

You're not supposed to smell anything... I did as well... I forget why they said that happens sometimes...

The smell to me was like when a tooth is being drilled, it wasn't that bad at all.

jgalt
01-31-2009, 02:51 PM
It is on the list your wife has yet to give you. :whistle:.. She gave it to me, I just haven't read it yet!

buzzcutt2
01-31-2009, 02:59 PM
She gave it to me, I just haven't read it yet!

You haven't gotten any lately...have you? :whistle: (from her)