View Full Version : I am bored

tommymac
01-31-2009, 09:10 AM
I am stuck at work till around 3pm and have nothing to do. Damn server here blocks all streaming video so youtube and hulu are out :( I even already did what little work Ihad todo today.

So who can help keep me entertained.

Tom

xx CURVE xx
01-31-2009, 09:18 AM
I'm with ya brother.....here till 3:30

askmrjesus
01-31-2009, 09:18 AM
I have a project for you, if you're interested.

I'm planning a trip across the US on trails this spring, and there is a good possibility I'm going to get hurt. :lol:

So, I'm trying to put together the ultimate first aid kit for motorcyclists.

Suggestions?

JC

xx CURVE xx
01-31-2009, 09:24 AM

I'm planning a trip across the US on trails this spring, and there is a good possibility I'm going to get hurt. :lol:

Suggestions?

JC

:D
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f269/xxCURVExx/DUCT-TAPE-3M.jpg

tommymac
01-31-2009, 09:27 AM

Suggestions?

JC

get agood road rash kit just in case and if you can get some viscous lidocaine.

wraps or splints for sprains are good too.

its tough for me to add more since I carry stuff that I can use with my medical training that an average person wouldnt know how to use.

Tom

askmrjesus
01-31-2009, 09:47 AM
and if you can get some viscous lidocaine.

Hmmmm.....

I wonder if there is a trauma guy in New York, that would trade me some for some kick ass home brewed porter....

JC

tommymac
01-31-2009, 09:48 AM
Hmmmm.....

I wonder if there is a trauma guy in New York, that would trade me some for some kick ass home brewed porter....

JC

I may know of a few people who could help, I iwll talk to them when I go to work tonight ;)

Tom

ericr
01-31-2009, 10:27 AM
You should get one of those trauma guys to do the ride with you AMJ, then you can use their stuff if you need it ;)

tommymac
01-31-2009, 10:31 AM
my friend wants to me get a job in europe racing in the TT races as one of the medics.

Would be cool railing around the isle of man on a zx-10. Screw the injured rider i am on a record pace :lol:

Tom

Curb
01-31-2009, 10:41 AM
is it 4:00 yet?:yawn:

tommymac
01-31-2009, 10:46 AM
is it 4:00 yet?:yawn:

I iwll take 3pm, they usualy punt me out after 2 but get paid till 3

Tom

xx CURVE xx
01-31-2009, 10:46 AM
Fuck 4..is it 3:30 yet?

tommymac
01-31-2009, 10:52 AM
Fuck 4..is it 3:30 yet?

Iwill go for 12pm so I can at least go have lunch.

Tom

Ninjakel
01-31-2009, 10:53 AM
Blah. I have to go to work this afternoon, thankfully its only for 4 hours.

xx CURVE xx
01-31-2009, 10:53 AM
Fuck lunch i want to go home and smoke :lol:

time killer ;)
http://www.worldsbk.com/pubb_EN/sbkTV.php#

tommymac
01-31-2009, 10:54 AM
Blah. I have to go to work this afternoon, thankfully its only for 4 hours.

Is that for nursing stuff or a regular job for now.

tom

rogue
01-31-2009, 11:00 AM
I'm off work & looking for motorcycle stuff. I need:
-tires
-new helmet
-boots
-gloves
-looking for a mesh jacket
-looking for a tailbag
-possibly a new chain & sprockets. I really don't need them *right now* but if I happen to run across a good deal, I may get it.

What I need to be doing:
-washing clothes
-cleaning up the house
-paying bills
-doing my taxes

Looking for goodies is more fun! :D

xx CURVE xx
01-31-2009, 11:03 AM
-tires
-new helmet
-boots
-gloves
-looking for a tailbag
-possibly a new chain & sprockets. I really don't need them *right now* but if I happen to run across a good deal, I may get it.

What I need to be doing:
-washing clothes
-cleaning up the house
-paying bills
-doing my taxes

I got ALL that...i'll leave the grage door open for ya ;)

tommymac
01-31-2009, 11:04 AM
-tires
-new helmet
-boots
-gloves
-looking for a tailbag

What I need to be doing:
-washing clothes
-cleaning up the house
-paying bills

i am looking for a tailbag as well. posted up on the aprilia site because mounting the bag may be tough with the side bags on. So I want to see what guys over there say.

LMK about the gloves as I could use a new pair. Motorcyclecloseouts.com has some prety good deals.

Tom

rogue
01-31-2009, 11:05 AM
I got ALL that...i'll leave the grage door open for ya ;)

Nothing you have will fit me or my bike :lol:

xx CURVE xx
01-31-2009, 11:07 AM
Nothing you have will fit me or my bike :lol:

I'll make it fit :D

askmrjesus
01-31-2009, 11:13 AM
I may know of a few people who could help, I iwll talk to them when I go to work tonight ;)

Tom

Cool, just pm me "their" address. :lol:

JC

tommymac
01-31-2009, 11:13 AM
Cool, just pm me "their" address. :lol:

JC

Will do :dthumb:

Tom

Curb
01-31-2009, 11:21 AM
Screw you fuckers looking for stuff for your bikes:rant:

I WANT TO RIDE DAMNIT!!

tommymac
01-31-2009, 11:23 AM

I WANT TO RIDE DAMNIT!!

We do too just aint going to happen any time soon. Although tomorrow is going to hit a balmy 44 degrees up here :(

tom

xx CURVE xx
01-31-2009, 11:26 AM
high of 72 here today and tomorrow :D

tommymac
01-31-2009, 11:27 AM
high of 72 here today and tomorrow :D

Thanx :( cant even say theres crappy boring roads as if you were from Fla :lol:

Tom

xx CURVE xx
01-31-2009, 11:40 AM
Thanx :( cant even say theres crappy boring roads as if you were from Fla :lol:

Tom

No..you can't :D

MTAP8PEIHU8

fLUZtt5JYuY

Curb
01-31-2009, 11:51 AM
its 66 here...but i still don't have a bike and we have crappy roads

tommymac
01-31-2009, 11:54 AM

ankle healed up enough to ride?

Tom

rogue
01-31-2009, 11:54 AM

I WANT TO RIDE DAMNIT!!

If we were closer, I'd let you ride mine! :D

I need a new helmet. Mine doesn't fit right anymore & it's hell at higher speeds. My boot soles are worn, more on the left than the right since it's the foot I put down. My left boot sole is slick. I haven't replaced the mesh I crashed in when I went to Austin. I have no more summer gloves. My last pair started getting holes in them at the end of summer.

The bike is in needs of new tires....again. I'm really thinking about going with the Road Attacks. I loved them when Wade had them on his bike. I like the Maxxis I have now...they're certainly better than what I had, but the Road Attacks have a better rating and appear to be an overall better tire.

It's all shit that I've been needing to get, just haven't had the money. :idk:

Curb
01-31-2009, 12:01 PM
ankle healed up enough to ride?

Tomnot quite...i can put it in 1st, but shifting is a bitch...and now my knee is acting up

tommymac
01-31-2009, 12:31 PM
not quite...i can put it in 1st, but shifting is a bitch...and now my knee is acting up

Sux if it were your right leg yo umay have been better off as far as trying to ride. But driving a car would then suck.

Tom

rogue
01-31-2009, 12:36 PM
Sux if it were your right leg yo umay have been better off as far as trying to ride. But driving a car would then suck.

Tom

Unless you drive a standard, then it would suck even worse!

tommymac
01-31-2009, 12:40 PM
Unless you drive a standard, then it would suck even worse!

Then youre kinda screwed either way :idk:

On a sid enote I did see some nice tailbags on twisted throttle I may be able to use that way i can carry more stuff for the trip.

Tom

rogue
01-31-2009, 12:47 PM
Then youre kinda screwed either way :idk:

On a sid enote I did see some nice tailbags on twisted throttle I may be able to use that way i can carry more stuff for the trip.

Tom

Linky? :D I'm looking around for a tailbag myself. I've decided not to take the hard bag I have. Even for as small as I am, I doubt it would hold what little I'll be bringing. Plus I want to take the bag off when I ride. The hard bag I have is mounted onto another rear seat so I can take it off and on easily. I'd still need to carry my other rear seat. It works great for small weekend trips, but I'm going to be gone almost a week, so I need another form of luggage.

Curb
01-31-2009, 12:52 PM
seiously...i think the clock just started to go backwards:(

tommymac
01-31-2009, 12:53 PM
here ya go

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productlist/181/

Some of its too much for me since it would hang over onto the bags so I just need something that rests on the seat. Fortunatley the passenger seat is rather big so I can put a bigger bag on there.

Tom

tommymac
01-31-2009, 01:10 PM
heres some more stuff

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/4/71/72/Class/Street-Bike-Tail-Bags-Luggage-Accessories.aspx

they usualy have prety good prices. A guy on the aprilia site used a coretch sport bag and had no trouble securing it so I may look into those.

Tom

rogue
01-31-2009, 01:28 PM
I've been looking at those all morning. I found three I like, but I'm not seeing where one has a rain cover or weatherproofed.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/4/71/5582/ITEM/Tour-Master-Deluxe-Tail-Bag.aspx

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/4/71/2510/ITEM/Fieldsheer-Expander-Tail-Bag.aspx

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/4/71/2747/ITEM/Firstgear-Onyx-Tail-Bag.aspx

Speaking of rain protection, I need to add rain gear to my list.

tommymac
01-31-2009, 01:34 PM
I've been looking at those all morning. I found three I like, but I'm not seeing where one has a rain cover or weatherproofed.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/4/71/5582/ITEM/Tour-Master-Deluxe-Tail-Bag.aspx

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/4/71/2510/ITEM/Fieldsheer-Expander-Tail-Bag.aspx

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/4/71/2747/ITEM/Firstgear-Onyx-Tail-Bag.aspx

Speaking of rain protection, I need to add rain gear to my list.

Scroll down the second 2 have rain covers. I like the tourmaster stuff, I have one of their tank bags. the mounting set up kinda sux (its not on magnets) but th ebag itself has been through hell and aside from a little fading is in great shape. And it comes with a rain cover :dthumb:

I just bought that set of frog toggs so I hshould be good there but want to get something to cover my feet and hands too.

Tom

rogue
01-31-2009, 01:40 PM
Scroll down the second 2 have rain covers. I like the tourmaster stuff, I have one of their tank bags. the mounting set up kinda sux (its not on magnets) but th ebag itself has been through hell and aside from a little fading is in great shape. And it comes with a rain cover :dthumb:

I just bought that set of frog toggs so I hshould be good there but want to get something to cover my feet and hands too.

Tom

I'm probably going to go with one of the two bottom ones. I'd like to get a rain suit like the one Josh let me borrow to ride home in when I went to Austin. That thing kicked ass! I rode in a downpour and didn't get wet at all nor felt any coolness from the rain.

tommymac
01-31-2009, 01:49 PM
I'm probably going to go with one of the two bottom ones. I'd like to get a rain suit like the one Josh let me borrow to ride home in when I went to Austin. That thing kicked ass! I rode in a downpour and didn't get wet at all nor felt any coolness from the rain.

Most of the raingear isnt realy vented which can be good and bad. Once i wore it in a heavy rain in the summer and I think I was wetter underneath from all the sweat :(

Another thing to consider or invest in are ziplock bags for stuff you wouldnt want getting wet (some clothes and electronics) I know for a fact my hardbags are not waterproof in heavy rain storms.

Tom

rogue
01-31-2009, 02:03 PM
Most of the raingear isnt realy vented which can be good and bad. Once i wore it in a heavy rain in the summer and I think I was wetter underneath from all the sweat :(

Another thing to consider or invest in are ziplock bags for stuff you wouldnt want getting wet (some clothes and electronics) I know for a fact my hardbags are not waterproof in heavy rain storms.

Tom

I'm going to put alot of stuff in zip lock bags as well as bring a few extra.

Here's the suit I borrowd from Josh, except his was yellow. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MEDIUM-Teknic-Chicane-Rainsuit-Motorcycle-Mens-Rainwear_W0QQitemZ170263352290QQcmdZViewItem

I don't think it's being made anymore and I can't find my size in it. I could get a bigger size and just roll up the pants on it like I do almost everything else. :lmao:

tommymac
01-31-2009, 02:08 PM
I'm going to put alot of stuff in zip lock bags as well as bring a few extra.

Here's the suit I borrowd from Josh, except his was yellow. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MEDIUM-Teknic-Chicane-Rainsuit-Motorcycle-Mens-Rainwear_W0QQitemZ170263352290QQcmdZViewItem

I don't think it's being made anymore and I can't find my size in it. I could get a bigger size and just roll up the pants on it like I do almost everything else. :lmao:

i think the rainsuit I have/had was a neslon rigg ( I lent out the pants and never saw them again) iborrowed a jacket from a friend on CF once when i was at his place and it started raining. i realy liked that jacket and would have bought that if rider didnt sell me the frog toggs.

Tom

rogue
01-31-2009, 02:12 PM
i think the rainsuit I have/had was a neslon rigg ( I lent out the pants and never saw them again) iborrowed a jacket from a friend on CF once when i was at his place and it started raining. i realy liked that jacket and would have bought that if rider didnt sell me the frog toggs.

Tom

From what I've heard from others about the Frog Toggs is you have to be careful when putting them on or you'll rip them. I'm hard on almost everything I wear and need something that's going to be durable.

Now I'm trying to figure out what size helmet to get. *sigh*

tommymac
01-31-2009, 02:18 PM
From what I've heard from others about the Frog Toggs is you have to be careful when putting them on or you'll rip them. I'm hard on almost everything I wear and need something that's going to be durable.

Now I'm trying to figure out what size helmet to get. *sigh*

Hard on everything you wear:whistle: i iwll leave that alone LOL

Someone else recommended this bag

http://www.chaparral-racing.com/Chaparral/productr.asp?pf%5Fid=204%2DCL150&gift=False&HSLB=False&mscssid=00ED69E20480C466396B32AC5EB3126C

At least I know I have oprtions now. I iwll keep tha tin mind with the rian gear. I iwll prolly wear my textiles fo rthe GA trip so i will just need the top, but will def need both when using them for commuting to work.

Now if pay day would get here so I can do some shopping :lol:

What are you looking at for helmets? I would say hit a few dealers and try on the models you like then buy it whereever you get a good price.

Tom

rogue
01-31-2009, 02:37 PM
Hard on everything you wear:whistle: i iwll leave that alone LOL

Someone else recommended this bag

http://www.chaparral-racing.com/Chaparral/productr.asp?pf%5Fid=204%2DCL150&gift=False&HSLB=False&mscssid=00ED69E20480C466396B32AC5EB3126C

At least I know I have oprtions now. I iwll keep tha tin mind with the rian gear. I iwll prolly wear my textiles fo rthe GA trip so i will just need the top, but will def need both when using them for commuting to work.

Now if pay day would get here so I can do some shopping :lol:

What are you looking at for helmets? I would say hit a few dealers and try on the models you like then buy it whereever you get a good price.

Tom

That's a really nice bag too! Dangit, now I have more to choose from. Grrr.... I hate shopping. I'll put it in my favorites to hang out with the others until I make a decision. I'm not in a huge hurry for the bad. There's other things that I need to get now. The bag can wait for a bit.

I just bought this helmet about a year ago. It's the same model helmet I had previously and it held up well for over two years until I crashed. My problem is, the pads are still good, not really worn, but the helmet itself is loose and has been for a while. I'm not sure if maybe the pads are really worn that much (although the helmet is only a year old) or if my face thinned out when I lost weight in the spring enough to cause it to not fit properly. :scratch: I love the helmet and the model enough to buy the same, except I don't know whether to get a size smaller or go with the same size. I'm not sure if either will fit correctly...one having a chance of being too big and the other being too small. It fit exactly like it was supposed to when I bought it a year ago, so I know I didn't get the wrong size to begin with.

I found my helmet on closeout for $40 (and to think I paid almost $150 for it twelve months ago), so instead of replacing the pads, I want to get another one since it's so cheap!

As far as trying on helmets locally.....do you know how hard it is to find one in an xs or an xxs around here????

tommymac
01-31-2009, 02:40 PM
Sorry LOL

I was going to say swapping the inner pads could help as far as the fit. if its something you like and are comfy with I say stick with what works (spoken like a true creature of habit LOL)

Curb
01-31-2009, 02:42 PM
you know, you two ladies talking about shopping isn't helping my day go by any faster.:moon:

tommymac
01-31-2009, 02:43 PM
you know, you two ladies talking about shopping isn't helping my day go by any faster.:moon:

Sucks to be you then, I am going home soon :nee:

And its motorcycle stuff so its ok.

Tom

rogue
01-31-2009, 02:50 PM
Sorry LOL

I was going to say swapping the inner pads could help as far as the fit. if its something you like and are comfy with I say stick with what works (spoken like a true creature of habit LOL)

But do I get a size smaller or stay with the orginal size? How can I tell for sure if the pads are really worn that much?

tommymac
01-31-2009, 02:52 PM
But do I get a size smaller or stay with the orginal size? How can I tell for sure if the pads are really worn that much?

I guess you need to try to find a way to try them on or buy from a place that has a hassle free exchange policy to be sure. Also e-mail them and explain the situation they may be able to offer some insight.

Tom

rogue
01-31-2009, 02:59 PM
I guess you need to try to find a way to try them on or buy from a place that has a hassle free exchange policy to be sure. Also e-mail them and explain the situation they may be able to offer some insight.

Tom

I actually called KBC a few months ago when I started noticing it wasn't fitting well and the guy suggested I get smaller pads. It wasn't a sure thing though. :shrug:

Motorcycle Superstore has them on clearance and takes exchanges for wrong size/color. Hmmm....I can get a bag and the helmet from them and get free shipping. Decision made! :rockwoot:

Well, except for which bag. :lol:

tommymac
01-31-2009, 03:05 PM
there ya go. I need ot look into the bag thing alittle more. i will see what others on the aprilia board say

Tom

Curb
01-31-2009, 06:10 PM
finally home...had to go to the reptile store and pay $11 for 2 large rats cause suprise suprise they didn't have any jumbos:rant:

i could get two meals out of that $11...Tom you want a nice lookin redtail?

SoFlaSV
01-31-2009, 06:20 PM

I WANT TO RIDE DAMNIT!!

not quite...i can put it in 1st, but shifting is a bitch...and now my knee is acting up

seiously...i think the clock just started to go backwards:(

At least you're not bitter.:whistle:

tommymac
01-31-2009, 06:22 PM
finally home...had to go to the reptile store and pay $11 for 2 large rats cause suprise suprise they didn't have any jumbos:rant:

i could get two meals out of that $11...Tom you want a nice lookin redtail?

I just paid 16 dollars for 9 large rats :(

Tom

Curb
01-31-2009, 06:42 PM
I just paid 16 dollars for 9 large rats :(

Tom
what the hell you bitching about? for $5 more you got 450% more than what I got

Hondahugger
01-31-2009, 06:59 PM
At least you're not bitter.:whistle:

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii108/jaxine_2007/bitter.jpg

Ninjakel
02-01-2009, 12:48 AM
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii108/jaxine_2007/bitter.jpg

YEP!!!! :rofl:

tommymac
02-01-2009, 12:58 AM
what the hell you bitching about? for $5 more you got 450% more than what I got

I just felt bad for ya paying so much for rodents. I hate going to the local pet store for them, even though I have to pay tolls and admission to the show, I can stock up on stuff and look at the critters that are still legal in NY.

I want to go to the big shows they have out in harrisburg PA. They have all the large boids and venemous species on display and for sale.

tom

rogue
02-01-2009, 01:03 AM
Tommy, will yours eat frozen? Have you ever considered purchasing frozen online? I used to when I had three snakes. Including shipping, it was only a buck or two per rodent that way.

tommymac
02-01-2009, 01:16 AM
Tommy, will yours eat frozen? Have you ever considered purchasing frozen online? I used to when I had three snakes. Including shipping, it was only a buck or two per rodent that way.

I only feed my animals frozen. With the costs of shipping its still chepaer for me to hit the reptile shows, plus I can browse other stuff while I am there. They have shows once every 3 months so that is usualy enough to get me through with what I can fit in the freezer.

tom

Curb
02-01-2009, 01:18 AM
I just felt bad for ya paying so much for rodents. I hate going to the local pet store for them, even though I have to pay tolls and admission to the show, I can stock up on stuff and look at the critters that are still legal in NY.

I want to go to the big shows they have out in harrisburg PA. They have all the large boids and venemous species on display and for sale.

tomfind out how much shipping would be to coral springs, fl...i normally use jumbos for eden and trying to find those are damn near impossible. whenever i go to the store they might have one or two...maybe three. but they are like $8 each its fucking insane and this place doesn't give any discounts if you buy by the pack. i used to go to this other place that charged $20 for a pack of 5. i liked it a lot better when she was a baby and ate rat pups and my roommate used to work at the local store when i was in college

rogue
02-01-2009, 01:23 AM
We don't have any reptile shows here and the local pet stores are much more expensive than buying bulk online. It sucks.

There used to be a breeder here that supplied the zoo, but he stopped. I only paid a buck a rodent when I used to buy from him.

tommymac
02-01-2009, 01:24 AM
find out how much shipping would be to coral springs, fl...i normally use jumbos for eden and trying to find those are damn near impossible. whenever i go to the store they might have one or two...maybe three. but they are like $8 each its fucking insane and this place doesn't give any discounts if you buy by the pack. i used to go to this other place that charged $20 for a pack of 5. i liked it a lot better when she was a baby and ate rat pups and my roommate used to work at the local store when i was in college

i will check on kingsnake.com later, and see which breeders are located down south that way shipping isnt as bad. So long as you have space for them its better to buy in bulk and most places give better discounts.

Tom

tommymac
02-01-2009, 01:38 AM
We don't have any reptile shows here and the local pet stores are much more expensive than buying bulk online. It sucks.

There used to be a breeder here that supplied the zoo, but he stopped. I only paid a buck a rodent when I used to buy from him.

i think there are one or 2 rodent breeders in LA. i will check later when things quiet down here.

Tom

lauralynne
02-01-2009, 01:44 AM

Suggestions?

JC

Invite me along, I've got a naughty nurse outfit that will fit under my leathers...

tommymac
02-01-2009, 02:34 AM
Invite me along, I've got a naughty nurse outfit that will fit under my leathers...

you damn well better take pictures for the rest of us:dthumb:

tom

tommymac
02-01-2009, 04:10 AM
ok heres a few that are down by you guys

http://www.frozenrodent.com/ texas

https://micedirect.com/ georgia

http://www.rodentpro.com/index.asp indiana

http://miceonice.com/homepage.html gainsville fla

hope these help.

Tom

rogue
02-01-2009, 09:28 AM
Rodent Pro is who I used to buy from. Right now, I can't buy frozen feeders in bulk....I don't have the extra space to put them.

But I do suggest rodent pro. Great customer service and good prices. :dthumb: At least it was a few years ago. :lol:

Hondahugger
02-01-2009, 04:37 PM
YEP!!!! :rofl:

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg133/heilbird/lookwhostalkingnow.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii162/char2643_album/captain_obvious.jpg

Ninjakel
02-01-2009, 11:30 PM
:blah::blah::blah:

askmrjesus
02-01-2009, 11:31 PM

:lol:

Consider yourself invited.

It's a six week ride. I have beer, gas, clutch cables and viscous lidocaine.

What could possibly go wrong?

JC