PDA

View Full Version : Ladies Track Leathers

the chi
03-13-2008, 02:53 PM
I know some of you ladies are track junkies, I'm working on it but I need to purchase a suit that is track specific- i.e. knee pucks, more armor, reinforced stitching, etc.

I have been looking at the A* Stella, and a few others, but am looking for recommendations from some ladies with experience in the matter!!

Please input!!

neebelung
03-13-2008, 02:57 PM
Sorry, I haven't purchased track leathers yet, BUT, two good ones to look for:

The new Teknic Ladies "Viper" 1 piece looks awesome. I got to pet it-touch it-feel it in Daytona and I was very impressed. It's around $700.

Also, I've heard great things the Dainese Yu Lady (though I don't recall if it has pucks). It's around $1200.

And since you're in FL, Syed down in Orlando does fully custom 1 piece leathers starting around $1200.

I would PM Accaliste over on :twf: - I know she posted on the local board that she just GOT some new leathers, and is also selling her A* "Julie" leathers. As much track time as she has under her belt, I'd bet she could tell you a lot.

Trip
03-13-2008, 03:05 PM
Killgurl has to replace her leathers she tore up a few weeks ago, she is getting the teknic viper suit.

ceo012384
03-13-2008, 03:28 PM
Ok I'll have to go ahead and say it... :nopicsbs:

azoomm
03-13-2008, 03:51 PM
I can't fit in any women specific... I'm too tall. The thing to keep in mind is the inseam to the knee. On a typical women's suit - the inseam to the knee is about 15inches. That is where the knee armor resides - and in most cases has shin armor right under it. My inseam to the knee is 18inches which would mean the shin armor would be on my kneecap.

Dainese fits me well enough to buy, then have it taylored. But, at that point you might as well call Syed and have a custom fit.

Another option G-Line from Gericke... http://www.femmoto.com/femmotosuitspecs.html

the chi
03-13-2008, 04:26 PM
oooo, that viper suit is SWEET!!!

I LOVE the Lady Yu, but at this point in time $1200 is a lil too pricey for me...

Thanks for the input, I am going to keep my eyes open, maybe I can find a decent deal on one of these suits before April...

Nee, i think theres a ladies only track day at Jennings April 19th, you gonna be there?

Trip
03-13-2008, 04:32 PM
Nee, i think theres a ladies only track day at Jennings April 19th, you gonna be there?

Screw that, come to nashville with STT, we are going to be there both days. Same weekend.

the chi
03-13-2008, 04:34 PM
Screw that, come to nashville with STT, we are going to be there both days. Same weekend.

3.5 hours versus how many more to Nash??? Goober! I'd love to make it, but I got to be choosy considering my time constraints and stuff...

neebelung
03-13-2008, 04:35 PM

:sulk: I wish, but it's just not in the cards this year. We've got a statewide meet/ride the weekend before that, then in May we've got another big group trip/event. :no:

Trip
03-13-2008, 04:36 PM
3.5 hours versus how many more to Nash??? Goober! I'd love to make it, but I got to be choosy considering my time constraints and stuff...

understandable, nashville is a long haul for you guys.

the chi
03-13-2008, 04:37 PM
understandable, nashville is a long haul for you guys.

Yeah, beleive me, I would if I could, one day when I am independently wealthy, I will...but till then, I have to be able to make it back to work on time come Monday (we usually do ours on Sat & Sun, then drive back Sunday night)!

Trip
03-13-2008, 04:39 PM
Yeah, beleive me, I would if I could, one day when I am independently wealthy, I will...but till then, I have to be able to make it back to work on time come Monday (we usually do ours on Sat & Sun, then drive back Sunday night)!

That's what we are doing in nashville. You are going to have to make it out to Tally GP on a monday though if you can. You will get more out of that track day than any other org out there.

itgirl
03-13-2008, 04:44 PM
I can't fit in any women specific... I'm too tall. The thing to keep in mind is the inseam to the knee. On a typical women's suit - the inseam to the knee is about 15inches. That is where the knee armor resides - and in most cases has shin armor right under it. My inseam to the knee is 18inches which would mean the shin armor would be on my kneecap.

Dainese fits me well enough to buy, then have it taylored. But, at that point you might as well call Syed and have a custom fit.

Another option G-Line from Gericke... http://www.femmoto.com/femmotosuitspecs.html

yeah, when i bought my 2pc. A* suit i didn't account for inseam length. i am kinda short/squat and the knee pucks ended up being shin pucks on me. kinda the opposite problem you had. :) i ended up just reselling them.

azoomm
03-13-2008, 05:15 PM
yeah, when i bought my 2pc. A* suit i didn't account for inseam length. i am kinda short/squat and the knee pucks ended up being shin pucks on me. kinda the opposite problem you had. :) i ended up just reselling them.

:( It drives me crazy when they give overall inseam... like that matters. First of all, the bottom will be covered by boots, so that doesn't matter anyway. And, the armor placement is SO important.

How tall are you?

lauralynne
03-13-2008, 05:36 PM
I can't in any way shape or from fit into a rack suit (I'm 5'-6" but only have a 25" inseam - LOOONG body add a girlish figure to that and I'm SOL with off the rack race suits) - mine's a custom suite from Syed leathers. It's fully custom, fits like a glove (as custom should) and is very crashworthy. It was less than $1000 and I picked the colors and design as well. www.syedleathers.com

Mrs. Colleen
03-13-2008, 08:28 PM
:( It drives me crazy when they give overall inseam... like that matters. First of all, the bottom will be covered by boots, so that doesn't matter anyway. And, the armor placement is SO important.

How tall are you?

I thought that was going too be a huge problem for me to but because of the boots it did not matter that they are a bit shorter...I am 5'11" BTW

I have Alpinestars jacket and pants but not a one piece. I wear a* because my husband is still wearing the suit he crashed in. :dthumb:

I was not able to try mine on before I bought them...no shop around carries woman's gear...so I bought mine from Kneedragger.com because they have a quick, no questions asked exchange policy. They want you to have the right size! :yes: Because I did not know my size it was nice to know that I would have no hassle exchanging them...which I did, and it was easy! :dthumb:

Plus, I got over $50 off my next purchase because of their "Puck Buck" thingy. :beers:

psychochild28
03-13-2008, 08:51 PM

Where's this track i wanna go?!?!?!

Trip
03-13-2008, 09:02 PM

It's the nascar track. It's out near murfreesboro. A big group of us will be out there that whole weekend if you want to come hang out.

Becca_007
03-13-2008, 09:41 PM
I've been looking around since last fall but no one carries this stuff so it's impossible to try on. I'm still debating about a trip down to Ohio (Iron Pony) but if i remember correctly it's 5 hours each way.

itgirl
03-13-2008, 10:08 PM

How tall are you?

i'm 5'4" and 153 lbs. i'm no toothpick, so in order to get the right waist size i had to also get the longer inseam (i'm not in proportion according to their size chart). i thought of having them altered, but didn't wanna chance destroying a $700 suit. it would have been way too much moving of zippers and armor. instead of it tucking into the top of my boots it went the whole way to my ankle and the armor hung on my shins. i couldn't even get my boots zipped over it. alas, i found a good home for it. another girl rider of proper proportions bought it from me. i didn't really need a leather suit anyways. i had no plans for track days. i just thought they looked cool. i know, i'm a poser. :)

azoomm
03-13-2008, 10:18 PM
i'm 5'4" and 153 lbs. i'm no toothpick, so in order to get the right waist size i had to also get the longer inseam (i'm not in proportion according to their size chart). i thought of having them altered, but didn't wanna chance destroying a $700 suit. it would have been way too much moving of zippers and armor. instead of it tucking into the top of my boots it went the whole way to my ankle and the armor hung on my shins. i couldn't even get my boots zipped over it. alas, i found a good home for it. another girl rider of proper proportions bought it from me. i didn't really need a leather suit anyways. i had no plans for track days. i just thought they looked cool. i know, i'm a poser. :)

Gotcha... I'd go with Syed if I were you. Seriously. Rather spend an extra $100 and have it done RIGHT the first time. Then you don't need to deal with shipping back and forth or restocking OR tailoring. It's done to the right size the first time. :dthumb:

psychochild28
03-13-2008, 11:33 PM
It's the nascar track. It's out near murfreesboro. A big group of us will be out there that whole weekend if you want to come hang out.

Hell i'll prolly be down there already there's a ton of ppl from work that live down there and we go out a lot.

neebelung
03-14-2008, 07:47 AM
Gotcha... I'd go with Syed if I were you. Seriously. Rather spend an extra $100 and have it done RIGHT the first time. Then you don't need to deal with shipping back and forth or restocking OR tailoring. It's done to the right size the first time. :dthumb:

:werd: I think when I finally get some, I'll definitely go that route. :dthumb:

OneSickPsycho
03-14-2008, 07:50 AM
:werd: I think when I finally get some, I'll definitely go that route. :dthumb:

That's my plan... I mean spending $500-$700 for something that fits 'pretty well' or spend $400-500 more and get something that's perfect. Specially cause I'm oddly shaped (even when skinny)...

Katherine
03-14-2008, 01:50 PM
Rae, I have the a* stella suit size S. I'm 5' even with 26" inseam. They only cost me about $600. I like that its a 2pc and I can use the jacket for cooler rides.

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb180/MzKatMac/l_74879da426ad50f500e711692c990b95.jpg

The knee pucks are low when I'm standing, but fit alright when I'm bent over the bike.

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb180/MzKatMac/1DM37631.jpg

neebelung
03-14-2008, 02:35 PM
I'll go ahead and say it - that second pic is purely :drool:

Katherine
03-14-2008, 02:42 PM
Awww...Neebs. How I've missed you! Whatchoo doing, girlie?

neebelung
03-14-2008, 02:43 PM
Awww...Neebs. How I've missed you! Whatchoo doing, girlie?

I'm great!! How've you been? We've just been patiently waitin here for your arrival... :tt: :D

the chi
03-14-2008, 04:31 PM
Rae, I have the a* stella suit size S. I'm 5' even with 26" inseam. They only cost me about $600. I like that its a 2pc and I can use the jacket for cooler rides.

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb180/MzKatMac/l_74879da426ad50f500e711692c990b95.jpg

The knee pucks are low when I'm standing, but fit alright when I'm bent over the bike.

SWEET! Thanks babe!! Ive got a friend with the same suit, I'll try hers on for size and go from there i think...as I get more into track and racing(hopefully) I will look at getting a custom fitted suit!

Thanks all for the input!! :dthumb:

itgirl
03-14-2008, 05:42 PM
I'm great!! How've you been? We've just been patiently waitin here for your arrival... :tt: :D

:iagree: it's about time you made your presence known. :)

Cutty72
03-14-2008, 05:47 PM

will they allow a rebel in for a track day??? :lol:

ceo012384
03-14-2008, 10:45 PM
:iagree: when I get the cash for a 1 piece, I'm going custom, Vanson or Syed... and then the 2piece will be relegated to purely street duty, whereas right now, it's doing both.

I am touching myself right..... now.
I have seen dudes on goldwings and BMW tourers at TDs... they did pretty well in the beginner group, too.

vabarber2
03-14-2008, 11:00 PM
:lol:

psychochild28
03-15-2008, 01:16 PM

heck yea and i'll kick everyone's ass......until the straights :lol::zowned:

Cutty72
03-15-2008, 01:18 PM
Cool.
I honestly didn't know what rules/regs they had for types/styles of bikes allowed.

psychochild28
03-15-2008, 01:19 PM
Cool.
I honestly didn't know what rules/regs they had for types/styles of bikes allowed.

haha honestly i don't either. I've been told that they have days where i could go but :idk: I just want to go watch and :drool: since it's so close to me.

Cutty72
03-15-2008, 01:20 PM
haha honestly i don't either. I've been told that they have days where i could go but :idk: I just want to go watch and :drool: since it's so close to me.

Be funny as hell if you went out and spanked some newb on a liter tho!

NONE_too_SOFT
03-15-2008, 01:21 PM
taking the rebel to the track might be slightly better than riding the "olde tyme" cars at the amusment park.

psychochild28
03-15-2008, 01:22 PM
Trip acutally:zowned: a GSXR 1000 at the dragon on my bike. Caught and passed. He acutally looked really funny in full leathers on a wee 250 rebel....searching for pics now...........

NONE_too_SOFT
03-15-2008, 01:23 PM
well ya, you dont get straights at the gap. i think i was leaning more when we were coast racing than many people were at the gap

psychochild28
03-15-2008, 01:27 PM
Not the best pic cause he was pulling over but yea...

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x157/jrohrs13/big%20wheel%20trip%20and%20prep/DSCI0329.jpg

ceo012384
03-17-2008, 03:39 PM
:lol: that looks funny.

Trip do you always wear a tshirt over your leathers? Why?

Trip
03-17-2008, 03:40 PM
:lol: that looks funny.

Trip do you always wear a tshirt over your leathers? Why?

No, I wear one when it's cold because mine ventilates well and gets cold real easy.

azoomm
03-17-2008, 03:47 PM
No, I wear one when it's cold because mine ventilates well and gets cold real easy.

Put either raingear or a windbreaker under your leathers... that means you will block the weather, but retain the leather for safety without something flapping in the breeze.

vabarber2
03-18-2008, 09:50 PM
Put either raingear or a windbreaker under your leathers... that means you will block the weather, but retain the leather for safety without something flapping in the breeze.
Good tip.

fnfalman
03-19-2008, 11:28 AM
I've seen rain gears that are meant to be tightly fitted on the outside of race suits, but I don't know where to get them.

lauralynne
03-19-2008, 11:37 AM
I've seen rain gears that are meant to be tightly fitted on the outside of race suits, but I don't know where to get them.

our local vendor is Acme http://www.acmemotowear.com/

they don't show it on their website but here's what they've got posted for us local (rainy) folks:
Now that it is trackday and racing time again, I have received lots of requests for raingear and questions about them. So I thought I'd post up a little something.

ACME has 2 styles:
1. Full on GP style Gusseted rainwear. Covers the top only but is held down through the crotch. They are black and have a tight fit. You must put them on your leathers first and then put your leathers on you. The sizes run small.
There is a convoluted fitment chart, but if you PM me with your Hieght and UK suit size I can tell you what size of suit you would need. These are $100.
Currently I have 2 in stock, but have an order coming from our wholesaler. I have and XL and a 2XL. 5ft9 to 6ft would need an XL and if you're over 5ft 11 most likely a 2XL. But please PM me.

2. We also have a more conventional clear top. You can put this on after your race suit is on. Sizing can be dependant on if you have a hump. We also try to go alittle larger to get over the elbow armor. That is the toughest spot for these. They are lightweight, but seem to do well. If you pull very hard they can rip and do! These are $60. I currently have a few of these in many sizes.
6-XXL
5-XL
2-L

3. We have Foggy Masks....They work! $20...we have 4 of them in stock.
I will be out at NESBA tomorrow to ride, but I will bring my supply out there if anybody wants to stop by and see it work and or buy it. Elaine and I will be riding, so just hang out and we will get you taken care of. Plus, we will be stocking up on more. We thought this 1st order would get us through the first 2 weekends of OMRRA and WMRRA, but that just isn't happening.