PDA

View Full Version : What a f*ckedtacular idea!!

xx CURVE xx
02-04-2009, 03:08 PM
Lets fuck up Moto GP more!!! :wtf:

LINK (http://www.motogpmatters.com/news/2009/02/04/honda_to_introduce_rev_limits_for_the_sa.html)

Honda To Introduce Rev Limits - For The Satellite Teams
Submitted by Kropotkin on Wed, 2009-02-04 19:15.

One of the cost-cutting proposals aimed at saving MotoGP currently under discussion is the introduction of rev limits. The idea is that the lower revving engines will stress the engines less, and make them last longer, cutting the amount of maintenance required. Whether this will work or not is open to debate, and ever the great innovator, Honda have taken the first step, in announcing that they will be placing a rev limit of 18,200 revs on RC212V engines.

Of course, Honda isn't foolish enough to sacrifice its chance of winning a title while imposing rev limits, so the only bikes these limits will be applied to will be the satellite spec RC212Vs. The factory-spec Hondas of Dani Pedrosa, Andrea Dovizioso and - presumably - Toni Elias will continue unfettered by any such limits.

This is a hard blow on the satellite teams. Though aimed at extending engine life from the current 600km to 1200km - or about two race weekends - it will also most likely render the satellite spec bikes unable to compete with the much faster factory bikes. Coming after two years of - by HRC's very high standards - substandard equipment, another year of circulating at the back of the field will make it even harder for the satellite Honda teams to secure sponsorship.

The restriction is even more frustrating because it cancels out the benefits of having pneumatic valves. The satellite teams were looking forward to being able to compete once again, now that HRC had dropped its old steel spring valve engines and switched to the potentially more powerful pneumatic valve unit. But most of those benefits will be lost due to the rev ceiling.

Though the rev limits may save money in maintenance for the satellite teams in the short term, the measure is unlikely to be much use as a guide to how such a rule might work if it were applied across the board. HRC will be content to let the satellite teams fall behind the rest of the field, but if a rev-limited-by-regulation RC212V proved uncompetitive, history says they would spend whatever it would take to get back on top of the pile, leaving no stone unturned in the quest for power, torque, or whatever was necessary to lift another championship.

The rev limit for the satellite teams could however be used as a test of logistics for HRC should new rules on extended engine life be introduced in 2010. With the satellite bikes lasting for two race weekends, HRC can test its logistics to get it right for next season, when regulations could be introduced to make it compulsory for all engines to last two race weekends. Just how satellite teams will feel about being used as a testing bed for HRC remains to be seen.

fnfalman
02-04-2009, 03:22 PM
You notice that the Honda champions have all bailed?

marko138
02-04-2009, 03:28 PM
You notice that the Honda champions have all bailed?
Exactly. Honda sucks.

smileyman
02-04-2009, 03:45 PM
Here is what Honda's future of 250GP looks like. 600 4 stroke. Yeah they have lost the plot...

Mr Lefty
02-05-2009, 03:59 AM
wow... complete bullshit. something needs to be done or the satellite teams are gonna drop like flies...

the 600 looks pimp... but I wonder if it'll run more than one season... as it seems MotoGP is die'n quick

Quick281
02-05-2009, 04:27 AM
Sounds like they woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

What is the point of reliable engines when you are placing at the bottom of the race when you could just have a engine blow and still finish at the bottom. Ignoring the DNF of course.

If they want to cut costs stop racing. Seems silly to race with a sure fire failure of a bike.

Trip
02-05-2009, 08:04 AM
Exactly. Honda sucks.

It could be worse, it could be a buell.

smileyman
02-05-2009, 10:26 AM
wow... complete bullshit. something needs to be done or the satellite teams are gonna drop like flies...

the 600 looks pimp... but I wonder if it'll run more than one season... as it seems MotoGP is die'n quick

600 class was set to debut in 2011. Don't know how many other manus are going to pony up in times like this. Honda always likes to get a jump on the comp for the first years of a new thing though, like they did with the 990's and tried on the 800's.

Back on topic, you have to have satellite teams. The sanctioning body must make it possible and attractive to a team to compete or they don't. Then you lose $$ from the factory teams, as they have no one to lease new equipment or sell old equipment too, and you have less spectatorship meaning less sponsorships and there goes the neighborhood/series!

DLIT
02-05-2009, 12:29 PM
Could be worse. Look at what the AMA has become. Still sucks though. But most satellite teams never competed towards the front anyway. Dovizioso did a few times last year, but he's with Repsol now anyway.

xx CURVE xx
02-05-2009, 12:39 PM
Could be worse. Look at what the AMA has become. Still sucks though. But most satellite teams never competed towards the front anyway. Dovizioso did a few times last year, but he's with Repsol now anyway.

True... BUT they never purposely made the sats slower.

DLIT
02-05-2009, 12:52 PM
True... BUT they never purposely made the sats slower.

But they'll still be competing, when numerous teams dropped out of AMA because it's a huge cluster fuck now. From a fan standpoint, it's not too bad. Nobody really expects the satellite teams to be competing for the championship anyway. Rider/team standpoint? Very shitty.

xx CURVE xx
02-05-2009, 01:09 PM
But they'll still be competing, when numerous teams dropped out of AMA because it's a huge cluster fuck now. From a fan standpoint, it's not too bad. Nobody really expects the satellite teams to be competing for the championship anyway. Rider/team standpoint? Very shitty.

yeah but DE-TUNING the sat teams is BS...not the same.

DLIT
02-05-2009, 01:29 PM
I hear ya. But what do the other bikes redline at, 19-20k?

Mr Lefty
02-05-2009, 04:20 PM
what's gonna happen IMO... is WSBK is gonna get some new sattalite teams with SHITLOADS of money, and sponsors. imagine if gresini honda switched to WSBK?

I wonder what the difference is in over head between WSBK and MotoGP... Faster said it was like 15million a year just to run a team... then add in rider contracts... I can't see WSBK costing 15 million a year to run a team... :idk:

Rsv1000R
02-06-2009, 03:41 PM
I also think the AMA adopting WSBK rules is a good idea, and one of the problems is that Suzuki who has dominated with the old AMA rules, is just bummed that they're going to get some competition now, and they don't like it.

PiZdETS
02-09-2009, 05:55 AM
I don't know wtf honda is thinking in their motorsport efforts.
First they let Pedrosa and his management take almost complete control of the decision making process from ground up even though he hasn't won a championship AFTER chasing away Rossi with shitty treatment, then they spend more in F1 than anyone else over a short period of time expecting to take over the sport from teams entrenched for almost 50+ years, then they drop their F1 effort leaving drivers, suppliers, the entire team fucked right before a huge season. Now they're pulling this crap.

Seriously Honda, wake the fuck up.

marko138
02-09-2009, 08:20 AM
It could be worse, it could be a buell.
Yeah maybe...but I promise you that if Buell had a GP team they would treat their people right.

Mr Lefty
02-09-2009, 08:47 AM
Yeah maybe...but I promise you that if Buell had a GP team they would treat their people right.

they'd be just the opposite of HRC Honda... all about their people.... winning a very distant 2nd.

marko138
02-09-2009, 09:02 AM
they'd be just the opposite of HRC Honda... all about their people.... winning a very distant 2nd.
Right...Buell has a great contingency program now for any privateer who races a Buell.

DLIT
02-09-2009, 03:21 PM

And they'd be a very distant last place in the championship.

Mr Lefty
02-09-2009, 03:23 PM
And they'd be a very distant last place in the championship.

I dunno... Kawi would give them a good run for their money if they came back

DLIT
02-09-2009, 04:09 PM
I dunno... Kawi would give them a good run for their money if they came back

Or Ducati satellites.

Mr Lefty
02-09-2009, 04:15 PM
:lol: very true... though Honda may be back there too with the new rev limit

smileyman
02-09-2009, 04:34 PM
So speaking of Kawasaki...I dreamed last night I was given a one shot test ride on Depuniets bike. Make it and Kawi runs 09 with me on the seat, break it and get my ass hauled away in an ambulance.

There I was next to C. Edwards and V. Rossi in the pits, stretching into my leathers, watching them warm up the Green Menace under the canopy. It was so real I could smell the exhaust.

deals gap dragon slayer
02-09-2009, 05:21 PM

Damnit.. i just noticed you stole my avatar ..lol

DLIT
02-09-2009, 08:09 PM
Damnit.. i just noticed you stole my avatar ..lol

I jacked it from a local forum, didn't think anyone had it on here.

Mr Lefty
02-09-2009, 08:39 PM
So speaking of Kawasaki...I dreamed last night I was given a one shot test ride on Depuniets bike. Make it and Kawi runs 09 with me on the seat, break it and get my ass hauled away in an ambulance.

There I was next to C. Edwards and V. Rossi in the pits, stretching into my leathers, watching them warm up the Green Menace under the canopy. It was so real I could smell the exhaust.

:lol: nice. So did it have an ejection seat or does randy really wreck that much?

xx CURVE xx
02-10-2009, 07:52 AM
Elias has more revs - a lot more! :td:

LINK (http://www.crash.net/MotoGP/News/142809/1/de_angelis_elias_has_more_revs_-_a_lot_more.html)

MOTOGP » de Angelis: Elias has more revs - a lot more!
Alex de Angelis has confirmed that the factory spec RC212V used by San Carlo Honda Gresini team-mate Toni Elias is 'completely different' to his satellite machine.

The promise of factory equipment was instrumental in tempting Elias back to Gresini after a season at Pramac Ducati but, with all Honda riders getting a pneumatic-valve engine for 2009, there had been doubts as to just how different Toni's machine would actually be.

Whilst stating that the new satellite RCV is very different from last year's customer bike, de Angelis maintains that it is still a long way off the factory machines of Elias and official HRC riders Dani Pedrosa and Andrea Dovizioso.

“The new [satellite] bike is very, very different from last year,” said de Angelis, speaking exclusively to Crash.net. “The character of the engine is very, very different. Low down there is no push. The top part is very good, but only the top part.

“My bike is completely different from Toni's - the chassis, electronics, link, airbox, silencer, many things. He also has more revs than me…”

The satellite bikes are believed to have had a rev limit imposed for the 2009 season, but de Angelis wouldn't be drawn on exactly what the rev difference between factory and satellite Honda currently is.

“A lot!” he smiled.

de Angelis finished the Sepang test as the top satellite Honda rider in eleventh position, but was six places and almost one second behind Elias.

The San Marinese, who claimed fourth position twice during his debut MotoGP season, explained that several of Sepang's corners were particularly punishing for his power delivery.

“The lack of engine push low down makes it difficult for set-up and feeling. I was one second faster on [day three] but still I am a long way from the top,” confessed Alex, who lapped 1.480sec behind Ducati's Casey Stoner.

“This track is not good for my bike because there are many slow corners and when I open the throttle the engine is slow to pick up. But I hope that at Qatar, which is more flowing, it will be possible to push more.”

By contrast, Colin Edwards has revealed that the new Yamaha YZR-M1 has much stronger low and middle range grunt than last year, making it 'like a 990' to ride (see separate story).

Honda may yet improve the character of the customer RCV power delivery, but de Angelis does not know when.

“I don't have any communication from Honda yet about when any new parts will arrive,” he said.

The next pre-season test will take place in Qatar from March 1-3, with the first race of 2009 also at the Losail circuit on April 12

smileyman
02-10-2009, 10:16 AM
Shame. I think De Angelis is a better rider than Elias and Divisioso. But considering how Honda handicapped itself the first year Rossi rode for Yamaha, by putting 8 factory bikes on the grid at the expense of having one strong team, it is understandable.

They can't afford a satellite rider to take points away from their main objective, which is to buy Puig's Butt boy Pedrosa a Respsol sponsored Championship. They will FAIL!

Mr Lefty
02-10-2009, 12:50 PM
That sucks... I like de angelis he and dovi rode wit A LOT of promise last year.

I'm really getting tired of all the bullshit with MotoGP these days. Font know ifbim gonna bother buying a subscription on MotoGP.com this year...

smileyman
02-10-2009, 01:50 PM
Pah, It is F1 on 2 wheels. WSBK has always been my thing. Cause well, AMA sucked balls (DMG will harder), and GP lost my interest when 500cc 2 strokes went extinct. There was anticipation, fear of the unknown, and huge spontenaity (sp) with 2 stroke 500s. ANYTHING could happen at every corner.

xx CURVE xx
02-10-2009, 01:56 PM
Pah, It is F1 on 2 wheels. WSBK has always been my thing. Cause well, AMA sucked balls (DMG will harder), and GP lost my interest when 500cc 2 strokes went extinct. There was anticipation, fear of the unknown, and huge spontenaity (sp) with 2 stroke 500s. ANYTHING could happen at every corner.

the 03-06 seasons blows the 500 racing out of the water imo

xx CURVE xx
02-12-2009, 08:47 AM
someones in trouble :lol:

link (http://www.motogpmatters.com/)

HRC Opens "Witch Hunt" For Rev Limit Moles in Honda MotoGP

Dark tidings from inside Honda. GPOne.com is reporting that HRC has started what the Italian site is calling a "witch hunt" to find the source of the leak about rev limits. HRC is said to be mightily displeased that this information should have been made public, regarding it as "confidential commercial information", which should not be shared in any way.

Quite why Honda should be getting into such a tizzy at the leaking of the fact that the satellite bikes have a rev limit in place of 18,200 rpm, some 800 below the factory bikes 19,000 rpm limit, is a bit of a mystery. With minimum requirements likely to be imposed on engine life, using satellite teams as a testbed for the impact that rev limits would have on engine life would seem to be a sensible step. Granted, HRC's image may be negatively affected, as the company could be seen to be forcing the satellite teams to accept a disadvantage when it comes to the races. But launching a full-scale chase for the loose lips which sunk HRC's ship merely makes the situation a good deal worse. And is more likely to encourage further outbreaks of leaking than prevent it.

marko138
02-14-2009, 04:45 PM
I hope Honda DNF's every race from now until the end of time.

Porkchop
02-14-2009, 08:43 PM
I hope Honda DNF's every race from now until the end of time.

No.... not all of Honda, just one person..... Dani Pedrofag

marko138
02-14-2009, 08:44 PM
No.... not all of Honda, just one person..... Dani Pedrofag
I'm going with all of Honda in every sanctioning body everywhere. All of them.

PiZdETS
02-15-2009, 04:53 AM
I'm going with all of Honda in every sanctioning body everywhere. All of them.
I'm with you dude. Even their faggy little robot, I hope it explodes during a demonstration in front school children- ruining Honda robotics reputation forever.

xx CURVE xx
02-15-2009, 09:22 AM
I'm with you dude. Even their faggy little robot, I hope it explodes during a demonstration in front school children- ruining Honda robotics reputation forever.

BWAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA! :rofl:

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f269/xxCURVExx/ASIMO.jpg

Mr Lefty
02-15-2009, 11:11 AM
BWAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA! :rofl:

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f269/xxCURVExx/ASIMO.jpg

I thought he was talk'n about this one

http://estaticos01.cache.el-mundo.net/elmundodeporte/especiales/2006/03/motociclismo/motogp/pilotos/img/pedrosa_fav.jpg