PDA

View Full Version : Mission One

derf
02-05-2009, 01:50 AM
http://www.ridemission.com/mission_model/

I have no illusion that I may ever see this in person, but the claimed specs are pretty amazing as far as electro bikes are concerned.

http://www.ridemission.com/images/model_page/glimpse/Mission_One_Side.jpg

And what I can't really figure out is why it would need a clutch lever, if an electro bike really would never need a clutch? Me thinks this may be a trick prototype that doesn't actually work!

http://www.ridemission.com/images/model_page/glimpse/Mission_One_Back.jpg

Adeptus_Minor
02-05-2009, 06:51 AM
Maybe the other control is handlebar mounted rear brake?

AquaPython
02-05-2009, 08:24 AM
the front styling is horrendous. and the smiley face tail light is weak.
http://www.ridemission.com/images/model_page/glimpse/Mission_one_34_Front.jpg

but just because it is electric does not mean it does not have gears, if i am not mistaken...

the chi
02-05-2009, 09:36 AM
I think I just threwup a lil in my mouth...

xx CURVE xx
02-05-2009, 10:22 AM
whats it sound like with a D&D? :lol:

smileyman
02-05-2009, 10:31 AM
They shoulda painted it green...

t-homo
02-05-2009, 10:46 AM
fuckin ugly.

Curb
02-05-2009, 01:12 PM
I think I just threwup a lil in my mouth...
wow, only a little...i am still cleaning up my desk:panic:

the chi
02-05-2009, 04:14 PM
wow, only a little...i am still cleaning up my desk:panic:

Its all a matter of control! :lol:

Curb
02-05-2009, 04:20 PM
Its all a matter of control! :lol:i just can't handle ugly i guess:lol:

nhgunnut
02-05-2009, 05:27 PM
I like it it doesn't look like every 0ther bike out there. I suspect it just may use a gearbox. Perhaps not in my riding lifetime but electric bikes are coming when they get weight/energy storage issues resolved the have the potential t make my turbo busa look like it is standing still

Dave
02-05-2009, 07:48 PM
electric motor in a bike is a class-a retard idea. things are gonna loop so fast you'll think your name was ebbs

the chi
02-05-2009, 09:02 PM
electric motor in a bike is a class-a retard idea. things are gonna loop so fast you'll think your name was ebbs

:rofl: Ok, that was classic funny.

Amber Lamps
02-05-2009, 09:19 PM

Awww come on Dave,you're WAY smarter than that! You know that they'll have all kinds of controls,kinda like an electric forklift. Although,I also think that it is fugly! I agree that I don't want it to necessarily look like every other bike but yeesh. BTW why not just modify an existing chassis?

Dave
02-05-2009, 09:56 PM
Awww come on Dave,you're WAY smarter than that! You know that they'll have all kinds of controls,kinda like an electric forklift. Although,I also think that it is fugly! I agree that I don't want it to necessarily look like every other bike but yeesh. BTW why not just modify an existing chassis?

yes i understand that, but as i am an enthusiast and one who enjoys the character of the internal combustion engine greatly it behoves me on some levels to spread doubt through disinformation. till somebody went and screwed with it :lol:

one thing they wont get past though is the range/weight issue and the fact that you are just displacing the cost of creating that energy (id rather just do it myself thanks)

marko138
02-08-2009, 08:05 AM
Insanely ugly.

Amber Lamps
02-08-2009, 11:02 AM
Insanely ugly.

Without a doubt!

Amber Lamps
02-08-2009, 11:05 AM
yes i understand that, but as i am an enthusiast and one who enjoys the character of the internal combustion engine greatly it behoves me on some levels to spread doubt through disinformation. till somebody went and screwed with it :lol:

one thing they wont get past though is the range/weight issue and the fact that you are just displacing the cost of creating that energy (id rather just do it myself thanks)

I noticed that they don't discuss weight...although they claim range is 150 which is about the same as your bike... hey,I'm not married to the I.C.E.,I don't care if they start using little nuclear reactors to power bikes as long as the cost and performance is the same or better,it's all good for me!

Dave
02-08-2009, 12:09 PM
the ice has such character to it though. It speaks to your souls in a way that an electric whine never could

Amber Lamps
02-08-2009, 04:48 PM
the ice has such character to it though. It speaks to your souls in a way that an electric whine never could

Yea well that's what they said about horses,steam,etc too...fucking caveman!

Dave
02-10-2009, 11:51 PM
Yea well that's what they said about horses,steam,etc too...fucking caveman!

heh the etc you missed was the electric car. ICE engines killed those about the same time as steam. amazing how failed technologies keep popping up as "new" ones. can we see a diesel sports bike instead please? maybe all aluminum block and head with a roots blower and ceramic pistons? might need an extra wide box to make it work though. eight speed? dunno. be nasty though

Amber Lamps
02-11-2009, 01:02 AM
heh the etc you missed was the electric car. ICE engines killed those about the same time as steam. amazing how failed technologies keep popping up as "new" ones. can we see a diesel sports bike instead please? maybe all aluminum block and head with a roots blower and ceramic pistons? might need an extra wide box to make it work though. eight speed? dunno. be nasty though

Whoa there buckaroo! There was never a viable production electric car. Horses,steam,ETC was used for centuries to move people from one place to another...although electricity is/was used in cable cars/trolleys...hmmm. Like I said,as long as they can make it handle and go like my bike,I don't care if they use two fucking hamsters on crack for power!

Dave
02-11-2009, 09:12 AM
heh works for me but ill argue for light duty diesels till im blue in the face lol. seriously you can make diesel out of anything

Amber Lamps
02-11-2009, 05:54 PM
heh works for me but ill argue for light duty diesels till im blue in the face lol. seriously you can make diesel out of anything

Um who you talkin' too son? I saw a demonstration where they ran an APC on sour milk,used oil,alcohol,etc for hours! My ex's dad makes bio diesel in his garage.

Cutty72
02-11-2009, 10:22 PM
whats it sound like with a D&D? :lol:

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Dave
02-12-2009, 08:33 AM
Um who you talkin' too son? I saw a demonstration where they ran an APC on sour milk,used oil,alcohol,etc for hours! My ex's dad makes bio diesel in his garage.

haha there you go then

ZUKIMON
02-18-2009, 10:41 PM
You probably already know but, they have made diesel bikes for many years. I have looked into it many times but have never followed through. I found a link once upon a time where one was getting something like 125 MPG but top speed was only like 60. I'd give up a massive top speed for mileage like that. It would only take me 2 gallons of fuel to run all week to work and back. :D

Amber Lamps
02-18-2009, 11:38 PM
You probably already know but, they have made diesel bikes for many years. I have looked into it many times but have never followed through. I found a link once upon a time where one was getting something like 125 MPG but top speed was only like 60. I'd give up a massive top speed for mileage like that. It would only take me 2 gallons of fuel to run all week to work and back. :D

It would be cool until I fell asleep.....