PDA

View Full Version : Ufc 96

Triple
02-05-2009, 01:01 PM

Corey
02-05-2009, 06:21 PM
Jackson is going to knock out Jardine sixty seconds into round one.

If they weren't going to give Jackson an immediate chance at regaining his title, I think they should have paired him up against someone else who has previously beaten him, the way they did with Silva. I would rather see him fight Mauricio Rua than Keith Jardine.

The word is that if Jackson wins, he gets a shot at the title. If for some god forsaken reason Jardine wins, then Lyoto Machida gets the title shot. Should be interesting. I hope Jackson does to Jardine what Wanderlei did to Jardine. He's always whining about being underrated, but he's the opposite. He's completely overrated.

OneSickPsycho
02-05-2009, 08:16 PM
I'd like to see a Jackson/Machida fight more than either one of those guys fighting Evans.

Porkchop
02-06-2009, 02:10 AM
96? I will be there mother fuckers....

LIVE from Columbus OHIO....

Lucky3623
03-06-2009, 11:28 AM
I wish they would stop having fights, just for the sake of having fights... The cards keep getting worse and worse... maybe it's the recent influx of shitty fighters...

z06boy
03-06-2009, 11:31 AM
96? I will be there mother fuckers....

LIVE from Columbus OHIO....

That's cool...I hope to make another event one day but they don't have them close to here...or at least haven't in a long time. I've been but it was a loooong time ago.

I hope Jardine > Jackson...but it probably won't happen.

Porkchop
03-06-2009, 08:15 PM
I wish they would stop having fights, just for the sake of having fights... The cards keep getting worse and worse... maybe it's the recent influx of shitty fighters...

Really? This card is good.

That's cool...I hope to make another event one day but they don't have them close to here...or at least haven't in a long time. I've been but it was a loooong time ago.

I hope Jardine > Jackson...but it probably won't happen.

I cant believe Columbus has gotten multiple fights. I dont get how.

We're sitting way up in the second deck. Floor seats are 500+ and lower deck are between 200 and 300. I'm poor as hell.

JoJoYZF
03-06-2009, 10:30 PM
Really? This card is good.

I cant believe Columbus has gotten multiple fights. I dont get how.

We're sitting way up in the second deck. Floor seats are 500+ and lower deck are between 200 and 300. I'm poor as hell.

Which is exactly why Im not going.

And they seem to do it around the same time that the arnold classic is in town.

Lucky3623
03-09-2009, 09:35 AM
Like who..?

I'm of the exact opposite opinion. There are so many fighters at the top now that you can never say for certain who is going to win. To some extent, the days of feeding up and comers or established names a "nobody" are gone. In the UFC especially, the weak fighters get weeded out very quickly.

For 1... The Kendal Grove fight... the loser is out of the UFC... Wasn't he (Kendal) supposed to be the next big thing?

The fights were much better than they looked on paper...

Amorok
03-09-2009, 12:16 PM
I didn't watch it, I really hate Jardine. I'd like to see him just go away, but we're probably stuck with him.

z06boy
03-10-2009, 10:17 AM
I used to hate Jardine. His attitude seemed to change after he got destroyed by Houston Alexander. Listen to him talk now and he isn't nearly as self-absorbed as most other fighters in the biz. There's no glory or show-boating in it for Jardine, he just fights to test himself, and that's worthy of respect.

I agree.