PDA

View Full Version : Rain Gear!

rogue
02-06-2009, 07:53 PM
I'm trying to find some rain gear. I've worn a Teknic Chicane one piece and loved it. Now I'm looking for my own.

What do you guys wear? What brand? One or two piece? What do you like about it? Pros/cons?

Thanks! :D

cuttle
02-06-2009, 08:15 PM
Unless I am wearing leather, all my textil gear is goretex or sympatex, so I don't need any other raingear.

The cheapest way would be froggtoads (same as pyrex vapor barrier for a house) - but you'll look like a 70 year old goldwing rider :lol:

derf
02-06-2009, 09:54 PM
I use a cheap $10 Home Depot rainsuit

rogue
02-06-2009, 10:26 PM
I use a cheap $10 Home Depot rainsuit

But how well does it work? For $10 I don't expect it to last long but at least do the job.

the chi
02-06-2009, 10:31 PM
I hate rain gear. HATE IT.

That said, a decent set of gortex works great, and in a pinch, the cheap walmart stuff is good for at least a trip or 3.

Cutty72
02-06-2009, 11:41 PM
Unless I am wearing leather, all my textil gear is goretex or sympatex, so I don't need any other raingear.

The cheapest way would be froggtoads (same as pyrex vapor barrier for a house) - but you'll look like a 70 year old goldwing rider :lol:

I think you are refering to frogTOGS... :lol:

If so, yes, they work very well. I have a set and they kept me dry over top my leathers.

cuttle
02-06-2009, 11:53 PM
I think you are refering to frogTOGS... :lol:

If so, yes, they work very well. I have a set and they kept me dry over top my leathers.

toads/togs - whatever :lol:

if you wear them you'll look like a turd (and stay dry)

Cutty72
02-06-2009, 11:54 PM
toads/togs - whatever :lol:

if you wear them you'll look like a turd (and stay dry)

I could give 2 shits what I look like, as long as I'm dry.

cuttle
02-07-2009, 12:05 AM
I could give 2 shits what I look like, as long as I'm dry.

that why I added "(and stay dry)" :lol:

I'm not saying looking like a turd is wrong - at this point of my life comfort is more important to me than impressing other poeple.

I'm just glad I'm not 20something and single :whistle:

derf
02-07-2009, 12:05 AM
But how well does it work? For $10 I don't expect it to last long but at least do the job.

I stay dry, my boots were the wettest thing I had on, that and my gloves. They dont last too long, but they pack small, are dry and they are cheap

Cutty72
02-07-2009, 12:06 AM
that why I added "(and stay dry)" :lol:

I'm not saying looking like a turd is wrong - at this point of my life comfort is more important to me than impressing other poeple.

I'm just glad I'm not 20something and single :whistle:

That's when you don't use rain gear, but instead find a young hottie and ask her if you can come in and "dry off" ;)

cuttle
02-07-2009, 12:08 AM
That's when you don't use rain gear, but instead find a young hottie and ask her if you can come in and "dry off" ;)

speaking from experiance: nobody wants a cold wet butt, and/or cold "pruny" feet in their groin.