PDA

View Full Version : A-Rod admits using performance-enhancers

Lucky3623
02-09-2009, 03:57 PM
I am glad he finally came clean... now as a whole... we can forget about it just as quickly as it surfaced...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090209/ap_on_sp_ba_ne/bba_rodriguez_steroids

NEW YORK – Alex Rodriguez admitted Monday that he used performance-enhancing drugs from 2001-03, saying he did so because of the pressures of being baseball's highest-paid player.

"When I arrived in Texas in 2001, I felt an enormous amount of pressure. I felt like I had all the weight of the world on top of me and I needed to perform, and perform at a high level every day," the New York Yankees star said in an interview with ESPN that was broadcast Monday shortly after it was recorded.

tommymac
02-09-2009, 04:00 PM
I hope not I hope this makes the yankmees season a complete circus and he becomes a major distraction.

Tom

Lucky3623
02-09-2009, 04:03 PM
I hope not I hope this makes the yankmees season a complete circus and he becomes a major distraction.

Tom

As baseball fans, you know this won't happen... Baseball and it's fans have such a short memory it's ridiculous... Remember Petit... "I used steroids 1 or 2 times". Everyone rolled their eyes... but forgave him soon after...

the chi
02-09-2009, 04:03 PM
Not being a huge sports fan, bear with me, but what does it matter? Are they going to do anything to him?

xx CURVE xx
02-09-2009, 04:04 PM
Tis why i love MotoGP and WSBK....all the steroids in the world wont make you faster :D

tommymac
02-09-2009, 04:05 PM
Tis why i love MotoGP and WSBK....all the steroids in the world wont make you faster :D

But it will take away points and a possible championship. Jusat ask N haga.

Tom

Lucky3623
02-09-2009, 04:07 PM
Not being a huge sports fan, bear with me, but what does it matter? Are they going to do anything to him?

They can't really. The tests that were leaked were anon., just to get a sense of what %age of people in MLB used steroids.

If he lied about it, congress could have gone down the "Barry Bonds" road... other than that... no.

But it does give you a strong slapping hand...
http://cache.boston.com/images/bostondirtdogs//Headline_Archives/arodpurse.jpg

tommymac
02-09-2009, 04:09 PM
As baseball fans, you know this won't happen... Baseball and it's fans have such a short memory it's ridiculous... Remember Petit... "I used steroids 1 or 2 times". Everyone rolled their eyes... but forgave him soon after...

pettie was a more likeable guy and a proven winner. A-roid is a primadonna, hated by his team mates and has never come through in the clutch. I can see this being a distraction for them esp when the fans get on him if he plays poorly.

Tom

Lucky3623
02-09-2009, 04:19 PM
pettie was a more likeable guy and a proven winner. A-roid is a primadonna, hated by his team mates and has never come through in the clutch. I can see this being a distraction for them esp when the fans get on him if he plays poorly.

Tom

I seriously can't wait to watch the opening game in the New Yankee Stadium...

Now batting 3rd, playing 3rd base...

smileyman
02-09-2009, 04:22 PM
A-Rod, Bonds, M. Macguire, Whats that pitchers name, hell, they all do it. Now it is public knowledge how they got so good. Can you imagine how many years of pro athletes have come and gone with various chemical performance enhancers? It would be an astrix fest on any record book.

BTW Haga, incidentally, was taking a Ma Huang dirivative, and ephedrine was ruled as a performance enhancer. It really couldn't have benefitted him on the bike although may have given him some extra boost training.

tommymac
02-09-2009, 04:25 PM
A-Rod, Bonds, M. Macguire, Whats that pitchers name, hell, they all do it. Now it is public knowledge how they got so good. Can you imagine how many years of pro athletes have come and gone with various chemical performance enhancers? It would be an astrix fest on any record book.

BTW Haga, incidentally, was taking a Ma Huang dirivative, and ephedrine was ruled as a performance enhancer. It really couldn't have benefitted him on the bike although may have given him some extra boost training.

th eboost in training could help if he has better endurance he could be going stronger at the end of a race. Wasnt there some sort of misunderstanding with that, I remember something that he didnt know there was a banned substance in his suppliments

smileyman
02-09-2009, 04:29 PM
th eboost in training could help if he has better endurance he could be going stronger at the end of a race. Wasnt there some sort of misunderstanding with that, I remember something that he didnt know there was a banned substance in his suppliments

He claimed it was in a cold medicine that he was taking to try and recover from an illness. Supposedly it wasn't listed correctly on the ingredients and he wasn't aware he was taking it, much less using it as some sort of enhancer. He was in a title chase, got sick, took what he was perscribed and kept riding. He is a rider not a pharmacist. Ultimately someone should have been looking out for him. I really don't believe he intended to cheat.

On the other hand, just like the celebrities that get into trouble for tax evasion, you have to know what your doing with yourself or be able to have explicit trust with those you have handling your affairs cause you are ultimately responsible...Rossi isn't an accountant but should have had someone checking up on his financial affairs...