PDA

View Full Version : Lube Service Scam

Gas Man
03-14-2008, 12:15 PM
Watch this news exclusive on Jiffy Lube

Keep your eyes on these scam artists

Channel 4 News (http://mfile.akamai.com/12924/wmv/vod.ibsys.com/2006/0503/9152183.200k.asx)

Cutty72
03-14-2008, 01:13 PM
DAMN....

yet another reason to do it yourself... or have someone you know well do it.

pickle.of.doom
03-14-2008, 02:26 PM
Douchebags..... especially that district manager pussy that couldn't even admit that he was...

TATER
03-14-2008, 02:47 PM
Being in the auto service business I always walk customers out to the shop to show them things that are wrong so that they can see excessive front end play or cracked belts and worn brakes. My mechanics would do the actual work. Most small places do not stock an excessive ammount of parts like fuel filters. I would like to see if the tech was too lazy to change it or if the manager intentionally told his guys not to do it. I am the one who orders parts and as of ten years ago when I saw a new belt in a trash can in one of my shops I make all my mechanics save the old parts from all jobs and bag them. I will periodicly check after a car is done to ensure the used parts are all there. It is also MA law that you are entitled to all your used parts. (sometimes there are core charges involved) So my advice is whenever you have service done somewhere, request your old parts back when the work is completed.

Cutty72
03-14-2008, 02:59 PM
good call tater

vabarber2
03-14-2008, 07:49 PM
Thats why I do my own! I've caught a few places jiffing you out of a filter or even fresh oil!!! Everyones all about the almighty buck these days!

Carolina
03-14-2008, 08:57 PM
yeah I know I have really no mechanical skills and know I got fucked more than a couple times

crooks

mtp
03-15-2008, 07:41 AM
the quick lube here trys to sell bfly extra crap all the time

Cutty72
03-15-2008, 01:23 PM
the quick lube here trys to sell bfly extra crap all the time

In their defense, it is their JOB to try to sell stuff.
BUT, if you agree to buy the work, they need to DO IT.

NONE_too_SOFT
03-15-2008, 01:36 PM
people are fuckin rats. if you get caught in the act fess up.

"yea i charged you for an oil filter i never installed, want a tire iron in your fucking skull now?"

Gas Man
03-18-2008, 12:35 AM
And that is the reason why my buds bring their bikes over to my garage. i treat them like they are my own bike.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/cjclark69/Sean/Sean001.jpg

i even cleaned his bike off after he left... just cause I'm a nice guy...
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/cjclark69/Sean/Sean015.jpg

Captain Morgan
03-18-2008, 10:26 AM
I had an oil change place in Terre Haute try to pull that crap on me with a '64 Scout. I wanted to change the oil before storing the truck for a year. Only reason I took it into the place was that I was at my parents and they didn't have the space for me to change my oil. Should have said fuck it and done it in the street or out in a parking lot somewhere. Bastards tried to con me a couple different ways.

Brought out a little tray with different fluids on it and claimed some were my diff and transfer case fluids, then showed me my "current" transmission fluid. The tranny fluid they showed me that supposedly came out of my truck was automatic tranny fluid. They said my diff fluids and transfer case fluids should look like that. Thing is, I had JUST changed the diff, tranny and transfer case fluids before driving 1500 miles. I had put in 90W oil, as the original manual calls for in that truck.

Then they tried to sell me an air filter. Brought out a "dirty" air filter claiming it was from my truck. Fuckers must have thought I was a moron. The truck had an oil bath air filter. I told them to get my truck done NOW and that I would watch them finish the oil change. Fuckers!!

marko138
03-18-2008, 10:57 AM
Fucking dirt bags. I have a good shop. I always check the oil filter. They have always been good to me.

r!der
03-18-2008, 11:31 AM
I live near one of those places, good thing I never go there. Shady motherfuckers.

Cutty72
03-18-2008, 11:35 AM
I have them do mine at work.
They have to see me every day, and they know I can get their asses fired if the fuck it up... I think I'm safe.
I have watched 'em a couple times though, just to be sure.

r!der
03-18-2008, 11:40 AM
That scumbag district manager is prob in on it. Prob keeps the money for the parts they DIDN'T replace, since the customer paid for em anyway.

t-homo
03-18-2008, 01:23 PM
I always change all of my own shit. I have ever since I was 16 and my dad taught me how.