PDA

View Full Version : I'll need another job!!! F-ing Shark!

Amber Lamps
02-12-2009, 07:44 PM
I never considered a modular until now!

http://www.shark-evoline.com/

Oh and thanks Shark for producing a Carbon Fiber lid!!!

New Shark lineup...

http://www.shark-helmets.com/shark_gb.htm

Corey
02-12-2009, 07:56 PM
That modular helmet is pretty fuckin cool. It's got an anime kinda style to it. I think I'd have to get Kaneda's bike just to properly rock that thing.

Dave
02-12-2009, 10:45 PM
Damn dude, CARBON rsr2? i just filled the cup :drool:

That modular helmet is pretty fuckin cool. It's got an anime kinda style to it. I think I'd have to get Kaneda's bike just to properly rock that thing.

kaneda's bike is more scooter than anything else. screw that, i'll take the highway star priss rides in bubblegum crisis :eek:

GwWMZbQe1gI
first introduced at 3:24

rxDGUf1SbR4
bike shows up at 5:00, pure badass

Mr Lefty
02-12-2009, 10:52 PM
yeah I tried on the modular... wrong size... (L) but thought it fit as well as the other sharks did in size L.

cool look'n helmet though...

Quick281
02-12-2009, 11:16 PM
Wow, the modular is pretty cool.

But beyond personal preference, would there be a good time to have a open faced helmet?

I could see it being nice and handy in traffic on a really hot day I suppose.

Mr Lefty
02-12-2009, 11:20 PM
exactly... and just try'n to talk at a stop light... ect...

also on road trips... you could eat burgers :lol:

jalaan1
02-12-2009, 11:22 PM
first off Tigger, you've got a problem. (jk,lol)

2nd, that's the hottest modular i've seen yet.

Gas Man
02-13-2009, 01:39 AM
Dude I have a modular Nolan. It rocks!

And that thing is TITS. Although, that looks a bit complicated to deal with when you're riding down the rode.

Also, if it matters, no modular will meet a SNELL rating cause they test it with the modular flipped open.

I know I bought my Nolan for an interm between rocket & cruiser. But then once I got use to the open face of a half helmet... I never went back. There is so much connection with the ride without the bubble over your head and face.

So I know most of you won't wear a halfy. But what I'm telling you is you'll love the modular.

Amber Lamps
02-13-2009, 07:38 AM

And that thing is TITS. Although, that looks a bit complicated to deal with when you're riding down the rode.

Also, if it matters, no modular will meet a SNELL rating cause they test it with the modular flipped open.

I know I bought my Nolan for an interm between rocket & cruiser. But then once I got use to the open face of a half helmet... I never went back. There is so much connection with the ride without the bubble over your head and face.

So I know most of you won't wear a halfy. But what I'm telling you is you'll love the modular.

The nose piece actually just "slides" open and the visor is spring loaded so it opens automatically. Then you have the flip down sun visor....if they threw in a blue tooth headset,you'd have it all! It does come in white and it costs $360 from Competition but I bet I can get it cheaper!
If I don't spring for the RSR2 Carbon in white first...:drool:

Mr Lefty
02-13-2009, 11:04 AM

True... but the shark helmets do meet the Euro Standard...

not to get in a big debate about what certification is better... but Snell tests the helmets ONCE. then it's the requirement of the manufacture to test their own and be on the Honor System about if it met the requirements or not.

ECE-2205 tests the helmets each year... and has 4 impact point tests... not 1 like snell. :idk:

I know Drag tracks won't let you on with out a Snell helmet though... but a modular helmet isn't what I'd think you'd be looking for if your drag racing :lol:

GearGrabinGuy
02-18-2009, 11:48 PM
looks cool. But REALLY REALLY pricy.

Amber Lamps
02-19-2009, 12:15 AM
looks cool. But REALLY REALLY pricy.

$360 from Competition Accessories... Not cheap but I don't think that too expensive...