PDA

View Full Version : Acumen, who's sporting one??

ZUKIMON
02-15-2009, 11:51 PM
I'm thinking about an Acumen digi gear display for the 929. Who's got 'em and how do you like 'em?

I saw this one too and I kind of like the thoughts of being able to monitor the voltage as well.

http://www.solomotoparts.com/product.php?productid=30925

I'm not above getting a used one either.........just in case someone has something laying around that they no longer need. ;) :D

Mrs. Colleen
02-16-2009, 12:00 AM
I need one of those. :lol:

But my speedometer does not even work so I should probably start there. :lol:

JARVIS518
02-16-2009, 12:11 AM
i've seen other bikes with it and would like to get one but i can go without it for now

Dave
02-16-2009, 12:24 AM
yo if you order the acumen from the uk you can get it in white. dunno why they dont sell it here

I need one of those. :lol:

But my speedometer does not even work so I should probably start there. :lol:

technically a small part of it works lol.

Mrs. Colleen
02-16-2009, 12:28 AM
technically a small part of it works lol.

:lol: Yeah I guess so. :lol:

Sixxxxer
02-16-2009, 12:37 AM
I have one from the Factory??!!

Mrs. Colleen
02-16-2009, 12:45 AM

Wanna trade?

ZUKIMON
02-16-2009, 01:41 AM
yo if you order the acumen from the uk you can get it in white. dunno why they dont sell it here

I'm just leary of sending any money to the UK. :pat: You know how those bastards scam the emails and such. :panic:

I wonder how the white would show up over the red? Better yet, which color would show up the best in the day?

JoshuaTree
02-16-2009, 08:40 AM

I though all bikes had this now... :shrug:

(and I have a Model Year 1993 motorcycle)... redflip

Dave
02-16-2009, 08:50 AM
I though all bikes had this now... :shrug:

(and I have a Model Year 1993 motorcycle)... redflip

nope. Honda still doesnt mount them as factory kit. A true shame

Dave
02-16-2009, 08:54 AM
I'm just leary of sending any money to the UK. :pat: You know how those bastards scam the emails and such. :panic:

I wonder how the white would show up over the red? Better yet, which color would show up the best in the day?

meh just use well established vendors (forum research nessesary) and pay with paypal or some other proxy that will let you snatch back your cash if things turn sour

ZUKIMON
02-16-2009, 10:47 AM
Oh yeah, nothing but paypal for me. ;)

Cutty72
02-16-2009, 02:49 PM
If I would upgrade to the 09 display, I would have a built in gear indicator.

marko138
02-16-2009, 03:39 PM
I don't have a gear indicator. Wish I had one with the Zuk...don't mind with the Buell...only 1 gear is needed on the twin.

Amber Lamps
02-16-2009, 07:41 PM
I've had two of them...the first on my '01 GSXR1000 was the type that came with a "switch" you had to attach to the shift arm/bar.

The second was the plug and play type which worked quite well actually. There was a bit of a "lag" sometimes before it changed though...

Dave
02-16-2009, 10:30 PM
lag? i know you have to calibrate them but i never really looked into it. and no p&p harness is why i gave up on the idea for my bike. not fond of cutting the stock setup.

Amber Lamps
02-16-2009, 11:00 PM
lag? i know you have to calibrate them but i never really looked into it. and no p&p harness is why i gave up on the idea for my bike. not fond of cutting the stock setup.

Awww...it wasn't that bad on my '01 and it took the unit a sec to register the shift. I hear the new ones are much better in that regard,that was 6 years ago.

ZUKIMON
02-16-2009, 11:16 PM
not fond of cutting the stock setup.

Me neither, but then again, I will do it the proper way and there will be no exposure to water, therefore, there will be no chance of black wire disease.

I have access to all kinds of wiring connectors and factory style plugs at my job at the Chevy/Hyundai dealership. I am pretty sure that I should be able to figure something out to keep this from happening. :idk:

Dave
02-17-2009, 09:29 AM
Me neither, but then again, I will do it the proper way and there will be no exposure to water, therefore, there will be no chance of black wire disease.

I have access to all kinds of wiring connectors and factory style plugs at my job at the Chevy/Hyundai dealership. I am pretty sure that I should be able to figure something out to keep this from happening. :idk:

thats a big peice right there, when i get caught out in the rain i dont stop to wait it out

Gas Man
02-17-2009, 09:51 PM
I had one on the 9R. It was PIMP

ZUKIMON
02-17-2009, 10:48 PM
thats a big peice right there, when i get caught out in the rain i dont stop to wait it out

??? What do you mean?

Dave
02-18-2009, 12:21 AM
??? What do you mean?

any cut to the harness is going to make the bike's electricals more prone to failure. could and most likely would be a very minute percentage more likely. i put everything together and it wasnt worth it to me. besides, im getting pretty good at judging gear by speed/rpm

ZUKIMON
02-18-2009, 12:27 AM
That is very true, I won't deny that. If done properly, (I haven't seen the Acumen directions or harness yet so I can only assume) there shouldn't be any problems now or later. I don't plan on having to actually cut any wires, simply solder to some bare wire. I may not even get one, but it sure would be nice to have.

Dave
02-18-2009, 12:29 AM
the other reason i was looking at them is that i was considering sending my gauge cluster away for an LED swap. but since that guy says he cant do the combo i wanted (all white w red needle) it would make no sense to tear the nose of the bike apart for a single mod